Tournament BLT VII: 'Best Leaderboarders' Tournament!

YAHALLO and welcome to THE UNBIASED POWER RANKINGS
This edition will feature the clown teams that have no chance of doing anything notable in the tournament. Which of these pitiful rosters will claim the highest spot in today's edition of the rankings? Let's find out.

..wait I've read that somewhere before:psyduck: I'm definitely not copy pasting anyones introduction to fill the post because I was bullied into doing this power ranking

So without further ado, let's see who is the least unviable team!

Black City Bolts | Managers: lkapkd1 and Glacierider

Predicted line-up:

• ??????????
See thats where trouble begins, I started trying to figure out a line-up, and after 20 minutes I gave up because I couldnt even find a single player who would slot into OU. Snofall might be the best option but I know he hasnt played SWSH a whole lot. Last place. Sorry Neg.
Resort City Rufflets | Managers: RaJ.Shoot and OminousDraco

Predicted line-up:
  • OU - Blimax
  • OU - pradhaaan
  • UU - faheata
  • RU - arce
  • NU - Skipkan
  • LC - Raj
  • DOU - Shadowmonstr
  • Mono - Floss
So this is already a lot better than the Bolts because at least there is some structure tier wise. Blimax and pradhaaan are a decent OU pair when the latter is not busy practicing hate speech and focuses on the game. First I had Raj in one of the OU slots but I struggled to find a LC player for them and I think Raj is the best of the bunch there. Arce and Shadowmonstr are arguably their best players which tells you everything you need to know about the team. Don't get me wrong, both are very good, but considering the stacked DOU pool this year, shadowmonstr will only go slightly positive and so will arce, and thats not enough to win the prestigious BLT.
Grats to India though qualifying for the WCoP :blobthumbsup:
Seafoam Goodras | Managers: Poison Adhesive and PMD-Mudkip (Mudkipfromfuture)

Predicted line-up:
  • OU - Stareal
  • OU - Parivard (?)
  • UU - GunGunJ
  • RU - gorex
  • NU - ToastedBunz
  • LC - xSkelly
  • DOU - SMB
  • Mono - Decem
What. a. tragedy. Parivard aka MR. INDIA didn't get drafted on the indian team. I have no words.. no for real, next :)
Snowpoint Snoms | Managers: micoytancinco12 and -Latios- (tempering)

Predicted line-up:
  • OU - Surfyteen
  • OU - tempering
  • UU - ramolost
  • RU - NRTS
  • NU - GW
  • LC - Plas
  • DOU - Mish
  • Mono - Maroon
Pretty much tied with the Goodras. The team feels exactly the same, weak OU, strong lower tiers. Nothing out of the extraordinary for both.
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bw/snorlax.png
Sunyshore Snorlax | Managers: trace and EternalSnowman

Predicted line-up:
  • OU - Kythr
  • OU - Roginald
  • UU - Attribute
  • RU - Feliburn
  • NU - Poat
  • LC - ESM
  • DOU - Voldemort
  • Mono - Havens
Whaaaaaa.. the laxes not first?! Insanity? Ngl that is the weakest Trace-drafted team from the last few years. There are some overlaps on tiers. For example they have ESM, Cheese and Havens for DOU, Attribute/Havens for Mono, their OU is rather weak, and no real mains in the lower tiers except for Feliburn in RU. What ranks them 3rd is their history and the fact that the individual players are still strong, and Im sure GM Trace will figure out the right line-up to once again make it to finals somehow.

Oh btw, ESM and I are doing the BLT Podcast soon after this post goes up :bloblul:
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bw/swampert.png
Santalune Swamperts | Managers: TTT444 (TTTx) and TheWall (The Welsh Wall)

Predicted line-up:
  • OU - Friso
  • OU - Updated Kanto
  • UU - imjustgray
  • RU - TreeckoMaMan
  • NU - Bad Player
  • LC - Hell Rayquaza (?)
  • DOU - TTTx
  • Mono - ban drizzle lol
Tbh this draft reminds me a lot of ours. Strongest OU pair alongside us, which I rate very highly, and then some strong players all around. If I'm being honest I have no idea of Treecko but I will assume he is good considering his price and I once heard TWW is quite good with numbers. But then again he finds shit like this ->
funny, so I have to question his sanity from time to time. Looking forward to get my revenge on the Swamperts:blobpex:
Hammerlocke Hatterenes | Managers: Robb576 and 100%GXE (70to90gxe)

Predicted line-up:
  • tbh in this team everyone could play anywhere and they would probably do well, so Im not gonna bother trying to predict any specific line-up
It hurts my heart seeing me rank a Robb team first, but it really has come to this.
Every year at BLT, there is this one team that has no apparent weaknesses and just drafts all around very good players without any "stars". Usually that kind of team always finishes in the upper half but never manages to win it all. Well this year the time might come, while the gap between them and the Perts for example isn't all that big, they would still be my favourites to win..... if it wasn't for a certain other team :pimp:

So there it is, hope you all enjoy BLT VII. I was trying to think of something witty and funny to end this, but since I only do this semi-voluntarily my creativity level is as low as the Bolts. But there was one other thing that I wanted to say...

ZAMSLAM

azazam.png

Robb576

It's all in the numbers
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Re: blinkboy

The hatterenes had drafted Blinkboy in the top 8-part of the auction. Blinkboy hadn't been seen on smogon since late April, and the Hats were able to to get one of the three undrafted players if Blinkboy wouldn't show up. After talking with Blinkboy on discord, he told us that he wanted to drop out of the tour.

Result: First of all we want to with Blinkboy the best of health and hope he will return to Smogon sooner or later. The Hammerlocke Hatterenes have picked up EpicBoost as their replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)