Tournament BLT VIII: 'Best Leaderboarders' Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player Power Rankings:

1 LKAPKD1- his HO has no counters. Try to stall him out? Doesn't Matter LKAP will make brazy plays and win in the end anyways. Goated in every tier. HO maniac, will win every game no matter what

2- Stitch The Glaceon- Better Like to Post ratio than anyone on smogon, doesnt matter if you can outplay, stitch will get more likes than you and come out on top in the end

3- LUGIA NUMAIR- guy is goated. not much else to say. only one who can beat him is LKAP, otherwise prepare to be 6-0d by his sash lead smash cloyster

4. Micoy21. He doesn't play very often, and thats because he is aware of his talent. He knows mons games are a waste of time, and will win them no matter what, so he has no reason to waste his time against noobs.

5. Ron....5- guy is an absolute maniac. Specializes in Gen 3 UU, but he mains every tier. No way to counter his supreme tier knowledge other than haxing him into oblivion.

6. MalMoonsault- guy has won more tours than everyone else in their life put together. that alone makes him better than 99% of people in BLT. only reason hes not 1 is bc the other 6 players are too good

7. imjustgray- dudes LC knowledge is off the chart. 0 chance anyone will beat him in this tier except maybe LKAP. absolute goat on the sticks

990- Kythr- won LC ribbon cause he got lucky, not good at all. medicore player at best.

4500- 70-90gxe- guys name is a lie he has 67 gxe in Gen 1 OU. fake player. bad in all tiers

(will probably delete this post in the morning)
Charm i know you're just memeing but dont drag me into your pit of lies lol just take fat

Wanted to address this to just make users aware of what to know about BLT. Please be respectful to the users that you’re competing with, meaning don’t be upset and take your anger for a loss against them or others. That’ll affect the way people see you as in terms of a team player and possibly ban you from entering next years BLT. Let’s also not try to scout each other’s teams from other players, us staff are aware and are watching over y’all so don’t do that. Enjoy your BLT experience and let’s have a good year.

ok im gonna make prs lol

1615122768752.png

Anistar Articunos | Managers: Glacierider and PrinceOfAllTacos
Glacierider is known for managing the bolts last year which did surprisingly well but he doesnt really play mons so lol. PrinceOfAllTacos was in ltpl and went negative in mono. Since there are gonna be a bunch of real monotype mains qualifying for BLT he is gonna have a tough time if he decides to slot himself in there, maybe he can have more success in some of the weaker lowertiers. I have some questions about how they can support their players with teams and helping out in general so they will have to draft some real self-sufficient and supportive players if they want to balance that out. so they are definitely relying on some good drafting and if you look glacieriders roster last year I dont have much faith in that.

1615123289769.png

Petalburg Poocheyanas | Managers: get_lucki (Lanturn Light) and TTT444 (TTTx)
Ok this team is kinda similar to the articunos 1 manager that isnt playing mons but is a generally nice person + ok player. TTTx is known as VGC/Doubles player and was successful in Doubles 2 blts ago or something like that so I think they can definitely get a good record there depending on how much they have played recently. But the same thing as articunos is just that they dont have the support for any of the lowertiers and ou. so they will again need to draft really well. What makes them better is that TTT seems better in doubles than poat in mono and he is more experienced.

now on to the next ones there is a bit of a gap imo

1615122881898.png

Celestic Town Celesteelas | Managers: micoytancinco12 (Micoy21) and temp
5 and 6 are pretty close imo so I will be comparing them. Micoy is a pretty experienced manager now in tours + tours plaza tournaments and will know the players very well and same for temp. I rate both of them as very good managers as Ive had them as my managers before and they did pretty well. Temp can also help a lot in ou and knowing temp he will probably have studied the lowertiers before blt starts as well. overall 2 solid managers that will know how to draft a good team but lack a bit in the playing department compared to other managerial pairings.

1615123148246.png

Bayern Munchlaxes | Managers: Robb576 and London13
Robb576 is a pretty good manager from what I have seen last year so I rate him pretty highly even tho he doesnt play. I know London a bit better as he is a fellow LC player and can also play doubles pretty well. LC and Doubles are 2 tiers that are quite unique compared to other tiers so having that covered with your manager is a huge +. I also think London would have a better record in LC/Doubles than temp in OU so thats why I think they are just a bit better.

now we get onto the top 4 and I think the top 4 is also very close to each other so will be fun to see how things turn out to be.

1615122893026.png

Ruin Valley Roserades | Managers: PA (Poison Adhesive) and kythr
PA is a very experienced manager at this point having managed last BLT and in a bunch of other tours as well. PA will definitely try his best to get at least a bit better of a season than last year where the goodras failed to make playoffs. Then we have the Kythr who is coming off a pretty good year winning the LC circuit and being in circuit playoffs of various other tiers. So we will be expecting x-0 or x-1 from kythr in regular season which will be key to their success. Kythr being a very versatile player also means that there will be a lot of flexibility in the draft plan and a lot of support for even some lesser experienced players in a tier that Kythr plays. Overall very strong managerial duo in multiple aspects.

1615122936855.png

Lavender Laprases | Managers: Xiri (Snow Jiniri) and MJ
The Xiri MJ manager core is back after having chosen to not have Alakazam as mascot this year, rip ZAMSLAM :C. Either way it should be no suprise that this duo is this high up on the list. Both are 2 very respectable players, they can cover a lot of lowertiers + OU and have a lot of experience managing BLT. Last year though the Alakazams had a very tough season even though they looked like the team to beat. Xiri and MJ will be hoping to change this just like their teamname.

1615123023309.png

Turffield Turtwigs | Managers: 100%GXE (70to90gxe) and Plimsoll Punks
The Turtwigs look to be pretty strong with this team just like all the other top 3 teams both players can be playing managers with makes them very dangerous. Both are super good in all tiers and can build very well. GXE also managed last year and did very well getting his team to finals tiebreak. This year the Turtwigs will look to be the team that wins that final as they have a great chance at doing so.

1615122851352.png

Sunyshore Snorlax | Managers: EternalSnowman and trace
It cant be blt without the laxes who are undisputedly the most successful BLT team in recent history. We all know that ESM and Trace can play everywhere where they need themselves to be which makes them very strong especially if they get in a tiebreak scenario. This manager duo has it all, the experience, the playing ability, the ability to support, the star power for tiebreaks and flexibility which makes them easily the best duo of the tour.

Fortunately I've got a few team supporters:blobwizard:

Just a reminder that cycle 1 of BLT qualifications ends after the last official tour at 12 AM EST on the 31st or the 1st depending on what timezone you’re in. I’ll be tagging everyone who has made the cut for this weeks cycle shortly after the last official ends. If you haven’t already made a smogon account then please make one so that way you’re able to be tagged for when I do post the qualifiers (and if you know someone who qualified and hasn’t made an account then let them know). Thank you to everyone who’s participated in the first cycle and I’m looking forward to what’s to come in future weeks.

What do you do after I tag you? After you’ve been tagged, you’re supposed to post your info and what tiers you’re interested in playing for blt. And don’t worry, you’ll have until the end of cycle 2 to have everyone from the first cycle have their signups posted.

For example:

Username: velvet
Tiers Played: SS OU, SS UU, SS LC
Timezone: EST / GMT-4
Availability: none or post something stating you’ll be busy such as “work” or “time off ps” of some sort

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
omar sampson
Just a reminder that cycle 1 of BLT qualifications ends after the last official tour at 12 AM EST on the 31st or the 1st depending on what timezone you’re in. I’ll be tagging everyone who has made the cut for this weeks cycle shortly after the last official ends. If you haven’t already made a smogon account then please make one so that way you’re able to be tagged for when I do post the qualifiers (and if you know someone who qualified and hasn’t made an account then let them know). Thank you to everyone who’s participated in the first cycle and I’m looking forward to what’s to come in future weeks.

The first cycle of BLT has come to a conclusion. Thank you to everyone who has participated in this cycle and may we have a great experience together in the future cycles.

List of qualifiers:

Top 8 Leaderboard Qualifiers (Guaranteed Drafted)

1st: iNoLife (inolife) (297)
2nd: MalMoonsault (MalMoonsault) (203)
3rd: Baloor (baloor) (137)
4th: PrinceOfAllTacos (PrinceOfAllTacos) (132)
5th: Stareal (stareal) (130)
6th: FatFighter2 (FatFighter2) (120)
7th: TeamCharm (TeamCharm69) (118)
8th: Gray (imjustgray) (111)

Rest of the Qualifiers (Regular Pool)

9th: Maki (foxgirls) (94)
10th: e~t~h~e~y (Ocean Senpai) (90)
11th: Dj Breloominati♬ (double back bro) (81)
12th: lotiasite (lotiasite) (79)
13th: Perish Song (Perish Song) (76)
14th. Cringetopia (Criingetopia) (73) (Banned)
15th. TheGreenRoman (TheGreenRoman) (69)
16th: sirmrwhale (sirmrwhale) (68)
17th: joes_wub (Wubben) (63)
18th: Yugon (King Yugon) (62)
19th: halaman95 (halaman95) (61)
20th: Zoaw (Timeho) (58)
21st: LTG (LolTrollGame) (54)
22nd: Kaguya Lys (TitaDragon87) (54)
23rd: Acselsior13 (Acselsior) (53)
24th: Expulso (Expulso) (53)
25th: Hys (xHys) (52)
26th: StitChuu (AngietheMesprit) (51)
27th: velvet (velvet) (51)
28th: Ainzcrad (Ainzcrad) (48)
29th: henguinie (BaN dRiZzLe LoL) (48)
30th: Nout (Nout) (47)
31st: tlenit (tlenit) (46)
32nd: Mishimono (rest stop) (45)
33rd: Blimax (Chickpiee) (44)
34th: avarice (Avarice) (43)
35th: Cookieupagus (Cookieupagus) (43)
36th: lkapkd1 (Lkapkd) (43)
37th: Serene Grace (Serene Grace) (43)
38th: Mac3 (mac3) (42)
39th: Mikaav (Mikaav) (42)
40th: Mygrein (Mygrein) (42)
41st: Kyotoshi (Perc 30) (42)
42nd: PokeArt2004♥ (PokeArt2004) (42)
43rd: shadowrouge07 (shadowrouge07) (42)
44th: Cheese5555 (cheese555) (41)
45th: daniYSB (danyYSB) (41)
46th: Xiri (DDD Reveal) (41)
47th: EternalSnowman (EternalSnowman) (41)
48th: saba1111 (Saba1111) (41)
49th: BigBoy038 (happy hoempapa) (40)
50th: RKD (irkd) (40)
51st: Decem (mushamu) (40)
52nd: Ron...5 (RON50) (40)
53rd: Surfy (Saint Surfy) (40)
54th: I want Atago to sit on me (Sonozaki Noriko) (40)
55th: TTT444 (TTT x) (40)

If you qualified during this cycle, then please confirm your information when you post on this thread. You have until the end of the cycle 2 (April 15) to have posted your signup.

Please input your signup with the following
information being required:
  • PS! Username
  • Timezone
  • Top 1-3 Tiers that you’d want to be playing
Additionally, a reminder: don't ask people to forfeit or give you wins. Qualifying should be earned, not given. If you are caught asking people to forfeit, you may face harsh punishment.

Thank you to everyone that has participated in the first cycle of BLT! And to those who haven’t qualified this week, don’t feel discouraged as you will have 3 more cycles to have a shot at qualifying so good luck! This thread will be open for discussion, and be sure to let us staff know if you have any questions or concerns. Let’s have a good run this year and best of luck to those wanting to qualify in future weeks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)