Blue Moon

Blue Moon

Hello, my name is High Impulse. I am here to present an RMT of this Sun team that I started making about 4 weeks ago. This team is based around the concept of Earthquake Latios, unusual, but very effective on Sun teams. I originally got the idea when I was on the ladder and I saw someone using Earthquake Latios, I thought that Earthquake Latios may work well in Sun luring in Heatran and killing it, and it turned out it did :D. This team has been doing really well for me and is probably one of the best teams I have ever made. I also managed to hit the top 20 on the PS ladder before I tilted. Anyway, enough talk, now onto the team c:

So I started off with Latios the Pokemon I wanted to build the team around, and then added Ninetales as I wanted to use a Sun team.

Next I needed a spinner as this was a Sun team and If Stealth Rock was set up, it would make it much harder for me to win the weather war. So I thought Forretress as it can set up Rocks, it could Spin, and also was a Steel type to help out with Dragons.

Next Up, I decided that I needed something that could switch into Heatran, and So I decided to go with Air Ballon Heatran as it can take the Earth Power from opposing Heatran due to the Air Ballon, and also stop Hurricane spam and also help out with Dragons.

All I needed now was a Sun abuser, and a scarfer, so I decided to go with Venusaur and Victini.

So this was the first version of the team, complete. This team was quite bad to be honest, I don't know why, but it just didn't work. I also noticed that Forretress never really successfully got off a spin, so I decided to change Forretress, for Donphan.

This team did a bit better, but I noticed another flaw, and that was that Heatran couldn't last long enough to take on the Dragons now that Forretress was gone, so I needed something that could take Fire moves, have recovery and take on Dragons, the only thing I could think of was Jirachi but that doesn't resist Fire, but I decided to test it out anyway, and it was worth losing a switch into fire moves for Wish recovery. Jirachi was all round much better than Heatran in this case.

The team really started to take shape now and was doing much better, however, I did notice really two quite annoying problems, the first one was Terrakion, and the second one was that Victini was always missing out on those OHKO'S but like 1hp, so my 2 solutions to these problems were adding Claydol > Donphan, and Darmanitan > Victini. Claydol could do the same job as Donphan but also helping out with Sheer Force Landorus. Darmanitan hits harder than Victini with Flare Blitz thanks to Sheer Force, although the recoil is a minus, but I think it was worth it. This final version of the team did quite well, and then so... it was finished! c:

Enter the team

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Sunny Day
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp

Ninetales is honestly a terrible Pokemon, I am only using Ninetales because it is the only other Drought user who isn't an Uber. Sunny Day is used to help combat Politoed, try to predict when it will come in, go for the Sunny Day. Will-O-Wisp is used to help against Tyranitar, crippling it, and also wearing it down. Roar is used for lead Dragonites who think they can DD up on the first turn and sweep and just get Roared out. Flamethrower is just for a STAB move. That pretty much sums up what this Ninetales does, but man...... Ninetales is a terrible Pokemon.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Here is the star of the show, Latios! This set is amazing in Sun, I am in love with it, luring in and demolishing Heatran. I usually manage to get 2-3 kills per match with this set, it's really good. Draco Meteor is for a strong Dragon STAB that hits pretty hard. Earthquake is good for Heatran, almost the perfect lure. Earthquake is also pretty helpful against Tyranitar, I have 64 Attack EV's to 2HKO Tyranitar after Stealth Rocks. Hidden Power Fire is used for things such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Genesect, who would otherwise wall this set if I didn't have HP fire. Recover is used to keep my health high, and also used to recover the damage caused by Life Orb. This set is great, I love it! <3

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

Claydol works really well on this team, helping out with my weakness to Terrakion and Sheer Force Landorus, while also setting up Stealth Rocks and Spinning hazards away. Earthquake is used for a strong STAB that hits Terrakion. Ice Beam is there to hit levitating/flying type Pokemon that are otherwise immune to ground type moves, also help against Landorus. All in all, Claydol is pretty good, I have really gotten to like it since this is the first time I have ever used it, and it has proven to be quite good.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect
- Body Slam

Standard Specially Defensive Jirachi, Wish + Protect combo to insure I get my health back if I do get a wish off. Body Slam + Iron Head Combo to paraflinch the opponent, not really much else to say, but Jirachi has proven to be one of the most useful members on this team, the simply counld't work without Jirachi.

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Venusaur is my Chlorophyll sweeper, and a very good one at that. Venusaur has saved me so many times, it also helps with Rain teams which are quite annoying. Growth is Venusaurs set up move which makes him ridiculously strong after +2 Sp.A and Attack. Giga Drain is better over Solarbeam in this case as because I have Life Orb, I'll be getting low on HP, and Giga Drain is a way to gain some sort of health back. Hidden Power Fire is here to hit steel types such as Scziro, Ferrothorn, and Gensect that could otherwise wall Vanusaur. Sludge Bomb is another STAB move that can hit Dragons for good damage.

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

The Fire Bender, Darmanitan, hits like a bloody truck, a Sun boosted, Sheer Force Flare Blitz, nothing wants to take that, not even a Slowbro! U-turn is used to gain momentum and switch advantage. Flare Blitz is used as a powerful STAB move that hits like a truck, it's unimaginable how powerful this thing is. Rock Slide is used to revenge things such as Gyarados and Dragonite after +1 which could otherwise be kind of annoying. SuperPower is used to hit Heatran mainly.​

Conclusion​
Well that is it for this RMT, I may do a threat list depending whether or not I can be asked to do it. but otherwise I hope you have enjoyed reading this RMT, I know I have enjoyed making it :D. Well anyway, that's it for this RMT. Peace.

Hey High Impulse, this is really a lovely team and I like the use of some creative options for Sun. I can see three main weaknesses: Fire attacks, special Dragons, and the combination of Deoxys-D + any Ghost, which is the standard weatherless hyperoffense build. Fire types...basically either you lure them with Latios or you lose, it's that simple. Heatran can be lured reliably like this, but it's still getting at least one kill (for offensive versions) every time it comes in after hitting Latios once. Theoretically, rare stuff like opposing ScarfTran / Darmanitan could very easily sweep you clean. Absolute worst is Volcarona which sets up on nearly your entire team and really is practically a guaranteed 6-0.
The second thing, like I said, is Deo-D offense. Claydol simply can't Spin, ever, against Gengar, and Deoxys is practically guaranteed Stealth Rock + one layer of Spikes (SR vs Darmanitan or whatever you lead with, switch out, come in on Ninetales later), which will wear you down very quickly.
Last threat, special Dragons. Jirachi is cool (lol omg that's awful) on Sun but doing so has an obvious problem; the likes of Latios, Hydreigon, as well as physical DD Dragons with Fire moves (although the latter are easier to deal with because you can force them into Outraging) can all easily 2HKO or in some cases OHKO with their respective boosted Fire attacks. Claydol can be steamrolled with a little prior damage, and then your only other option is to hit them with Venusaur's Sludge Bomb, which doesn't KO any of them after SR damage.

First off, I'm not sure you can do a lot about the Deoxys problem without significantly altering your team. The only true counter to it is Xatu (Espeon is just terribad), but then you just turn into Lavos's team which is -__-I think the best suggestion is to try using a bulky Starmie (Psyshock, Recover, Thunder Wave, Rapid Spin) over Latios and Focus Sash Dugtrio instead of Claydol. Starmie can OHKO Gengar and so handles Deoxys HO pretty well, while Dugtrio covers pretty much the same offensive threats as Claydol but in a more offensive manner. It also helps significantly with the Fire weakness so long as it's Sash is kept intact.

Secondly, with Dugtrio this isn't as necessary, but I think you should go back to Air Balloon Heatran > Jirachi. Covers Fire attacks much more effectively, while doing much much better against all Dragon types in Sun.

tl;dr
Starmie > Latios
Dugtrio > Claydol
Heatran > Jirachi

I realise that's a lot of change, so if you don't want to alter the whole team try them individually and see if they work.

Hope that helps, cool team again :)

@Bubbly
I tried your suggestions and there was one problem I found, Landorus became such a huge threat because I had no levitaters , however, on of the changes really stood out to me, and that was Heatran > Jirachi, I am still debating whether or not I should change it, but thanks for you your suggestions and taking your time to rate this. c:

"I originally got the idea when I was on the ladder and I saw someone using Earthquake Latios, I thought that Earthquake Latios may work well in Sun luring in Heatran and killing it, and it turned out it did :D"

Didn't think I would read this? All I need to say, since only you need to know what it means.

Anywho onto the team. I support the Sp.D Heatran over Jirachi, this helps with a safer Genesect switch, not having to use your weak to rocks weather starter and a good counter to Volcarona.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Or something like that, I also see a big weakness if Ninetales is taken out early, which Dugtrio is amazing at. Maybe Shed shell as an Item, but that's a personal like or dislike. I wouldn't worry too much about Deo-D/Ghost core since Venusaur destroys most of them with rocks, unless they also have a weather starter, which is rare. A Mixed set wouldn't go a miss on Venusaur though, with heatran you have a safe switch in against Ferro/Genesect so HP Ice/EQ could be used to cover the Dragon weakness and random scarf Fire pokes. GL with the team and nice Latios set :3

(Btw why 64 atk?) nvm I saw why

Thanks for the rate, CZ. Heatran > Jirachi does seem to be the only way I can deal with fire types, I have tried it but I feel like it is lacking. It can't take on Dragons as well as Jirachi.

Watch out for Scarf Chomp. This thing outspeeds everything but venusaur under the sun, and unless venusaur has already used growth, then scarf chomp can kill with fire fang. only claydol is your best check, and should Chomp have Genesect support, there goes

The best way to deal with this is to replace DarMANNitan with scarf Terrakion, as neither Dennisect or Garchomp can safely switch in to Terrakion spamming CC. It also gives you a dark resist, something you lack, and this could make tyranitar very annoying. If you switch Terrakion onto a crunch, you get an attack boost, and that is lethal. Also, It is faster then DarMANNitan and won't kill itself(Flare Blitz hits like a kritzed mini-gun, but you take so much damage from it.). Also, what would latios do against BalloonTran(HeatRan using an Air Balloon)? Can I recommend Slashing HP Fighting over HP Fire/Earthquake so you have a way to hit balloontran.

I hope my 1st rating ever(no, seriously) helps. Good luck with your team. I hope I have a mtch against you sometime :)

Thanks for your rate. Scarf Chomp can be played around with Jirachi and Claydol. My first switch into Garchomp will be Claydol, if it locks its self into EQ, I can stay in, set up my rocks etc. If it locks its self into Outrage, I can switch into Jirachi and get off a wish. If garchomp is not scarfed, it cannot switch into any Pokemon on my team and can easily be revenged by Latios, Venusaur, and even Claydol. Also, terrakion would help with Volcarona. Again, thanks for your rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)