ORAS Doubles OU Blue Neighbourhood (Peaked #1)

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion

What up, peeps. This team's basically what I've been using for the past few days to somehow get on top of the ladder. I finally got the motivation to actually climb up after facing disheartening losses in various other tours; in a way, I felt like I wasn't fulfilling my own expectations so I went onto the ladder to both blow off some steam and get some practice here and there. I never realized how the rush that you get when you reach the top of everything is that, the same feeling that I got after achieving some of my other achievements. It was a fun experience and I've enjoyed taking some load off there.

This team's kind of your usual Mega Gardevoir build that I built a long time ago even before the release of Volcanion; however I did try to put some spin into it, and seeing as it got up on the ladder it's definitely usable despite its age. The general aim is of course to try and win with Mega Gardevoir or Belly Drum Azumarill, depending on what is more feasible, but of course the other members are useful in their own right as well and can play key parts in matches. The members aside from the two wincons are there to help them carry out their duties or patch out some hole here and there. Anyways, on to the team!

I felt like I could do something baller with these two; Mega Gardevoir is just a general hard hitter while Azumarill is a nifty wincon that matches up wells with Fire-types, Mega Diancie, and Landorus-T.

Amoonguss lol. It's just there to help provide some opportunites for me to just be baller with my duo.

I'm a bit weak to Talonflame and Sun teams in general + I wanted something that can go beat up Steels + Amoonguss (and Breloom I guess) reliably so I went with something crazy on this slot: Safety Goggles + Stealth Rock Heatran. Breaking sashes are nifty too I guess :^)

I was still weak to Talonflame seeing as I had no way of reliably beating it. Having a form of speed control is also cool.

This one's kind of a cop-out. I wanted a better matchup against a lot of stuff in general, especially against Mega Diancie. I also wanted that something that can function as the team's Speed safety net since, outside of Choice Scarf Landorus-T, the team's pretty slow

THE QUIET (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 72 HP / 108 Def / 220 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Mega Gardevoir's just a pretty strong attacker in general, one that I like to use in a way that aims to put as much pressure as I can to opposing teams. It's also a starting point of my team and can function as a nifty wincon. The set's pretty standard really; I opted with HP Ground as a third move in order to outright beat Heatran, and the spread lives a Talonflame Brave Bird while outrunning the Breloom range. Both STAB moves are there for obvious reasons, and Trace is there because it's nifty occasionally and is actually useful.

FOOLS (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Belly Drum Azumarill is the other starting point and is a pretty dangerous wincon thanks to Belly Drum. Azumarill is useful for this team in that it can pick off some of the more dangerous threats that I want gone, such as weakened threats, Mega Diancie and Landorus-T. Depending on situations, I can use it to be the one to end games and win since it's pretty hard to get away cleanly if I can get a boost safely. I use Knock Off on this set in order to hit stuff like Amoonguss, Volcanion, and Aegislash, and also because I thought Play Rough would only be redundant with Mega Gardevoir.

EASE (Amoonguss) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Amoonguss is here because I want to help my two attackers stay alive and actually deal some damage on the opposing team longer and much more safely. It also gives the team a nifty way of checking rain and Water-types in general I guess, and it helps the matchup against Thundurus and Mega Kangaskhan significantly. The set is standard, not much to explain; Rocky Helmet's there mostly because punishing Mega Kangaskhan (and some Landorus-T U-turn) for that always-nice chip damage is lit. The spread here lives Mega Metagross Zen Headbutt with the rest in Special Defense; it's just a benchmark so please don't get too anal about it ;0

YOUTH (Heatran) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

This here's the one and only wack set on this team, but it's been pretty nifty in my experience with it. The purpose of this guy here is to be a good switch-in to Talonflame and function as the team's way of checking opposing Steels. With Safety Goggles on, this Heatran also functions as a reliable way to deal with Amoonguss, helpful since then I don't have to deal with playing around Spore and I have a reliable way of beating it for Azumarill. It's also cool because the ladder loves Amoonguss lol. Stealth Rock's there to function as a tech against Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame and also to break some Focus Sashes and guaranteeing some KOs with Mega Gardevoir and Azumarill. The spread outruns Adamant Bisharp, maximizes Special Attack, and puts the rest in HP.

WILD (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 76 SpA / 124 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

Zapdos is what I like to call Talonflame Check #2. It's also the thing that provides me the nifty speed control that's useful for dominating with Mega Gardevoir and Heatran when needed. I opted with Zapdos over Thundurus on this squad because I felt like I'd prefer the bulk here; this bulk is what lets this Zapdos match up decently with some of the more popular attackers in the metagame such as Landorus-T and Keldeo. Thanks to Static and (LOL ANOTHER) Rocky Helmet, this Zapdos also functions as a good way of pressuring Mega Kangaskhan—can't have too much checks to that! The moves are obvious in what they do, Roost being there for longevity and all. I just copped the spread from the analysis, and apparently it makes both AV Ludicolo Ice Beam and Landorus-T Rock Slide a 3HKO while also outrunning Bisharp, the rest of the EVs invested into Special Attack.

BITE (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Of course, it's not a DOU team without the cop-out Landorus-T! I wanted Landorus-T here not only because it can check a lot of things in the metagame but also because I needed something that can reliably go head-to-head with Mega Diancie at times. I also felt like I needed a way to play around Jirachi and Mega Metagross in general, but both are smaller priorities. Choice Scarf Landorus-T on this squad also functions as the Speed safety net, dealing with other faster foes that my other Pokemon can't handle. The spread and moves are obvious and standard—straight 252s because I'm swag like that and Stone Edge over Rock Slide because I value specific picking off of threats more than general spread damage on this team.

So yeah, that concludes the RMT! The squad isn't exactly perfect and has some quirks here and there; I'd say it's more fit for the ladder metagame than the tours one because of the general differences when it comes to Pokemon usage, but I digress since I've also used this team to some tour success before. I say it's fit for the ladder because it just has good matchups there in general; Mega Gardevoir often ends up being a THALK destroyer along with Azumarill and Safety Goggles Heatran is just simply a really hard answer for Amoonguss. Just be wary of Mono-fire squads lol! (Definitely playable though)

No one remembers the names of the trampled flowers...
THE QUIET (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 72 HP / 108 Def / 220 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

FOOLS (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Protect

EASE (Amoonguss) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

YOUTH (Heatran) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

WILD (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 76 SpA / 124 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

BITE (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Hey there friend, swell team you've got there, and congrats on the peak.

Dual fairies is super strong and Garde and Azu cover each other's weaknesses really well. The only matchup I'd worry about is Volcanion, as a Goggles set with Sludge Bomb could severely damage every member of your team given the right speed control. Because of this, I'd recommend trying a Magnet > Rocky Helmet on Zapdos, which will guarantee that Thunderbolt KOes almost all Volcanion sets (76+ SpA Magnet Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 360-426 (98.9 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO). It also picks up KOs on Keldeo and Azumarill, and guarantees the 2HKO on Suicune without having to sacrifice your bulk. Between Stealth Rock, Amoonguss's Rocky Helmet, and the three strong spread attack users, I feel like the added chip damage isn't super necessary and Static should deter Mega Kang from targeting Zapdos anyway. You can also move 4 Speed EVs to SpA if you wish since you're currently outrunning Bisharp by 2, but I guess the extra speed creep is nice too.

There are other small things like Thundurus or Life Orb Kyube, but Stone Edge > Rock Slide on Lando-T really helps in both of those matchups if you hit. Solid team, solid player, nothing much else to say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)