ORAS OU BOCELLI'S FURY, PEAKED #32, 1858, 89.2 GXE.

Empo

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 30 Championis the Smogon Tour Season 33 Championwon the 17th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
INTRODUCTION

Hey guys, I recently tried a really over powered set which is common in this period, choice band tyranitar.
I asked to my fren PaulPetta to build with me a sort of bulky offense to peak a good result in Pokèmon Showdown! ladder and we managed to get 1800. We really like cb ttar!

TEAM AT GLANCE!

BUILDING PROCESS

i started building around cb tar, he is a monster with 603 atk.

then i added a fairy check, which is the mega, scizor. ttar supports zor well too because it's a fire check.

ok, so now i have to add a stealth rocker... mew is p good; he has vswitch to have momentum and he checks special attackers well.

i needed a water type which is a monster in every team: keldeo. firstly it was specs with focus blast (*_*) but then we thought that sub cm it was better because it can break stall.

mmh... so now we need a spinner and a wallbreaker. what about excadrill? it's a spinner and with sand it's so good with its speed and its attack.

we're weak to mega pinsir and mega charizard-x as fuck. so we added rotom heat, which can paralyze both of them. it's also good as ground immunity and it checks things like serperior.

IN-DEPTH LOOK

BOCELLI (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

The monster that we built around. Tyranitar is so good (banded in particular) with its attack 'cause he can hit hard everything. He can deal with mons like celebi n latwins, lettin' to the keldeo's sweep
Sand helps him well, because it's a special bulky mon too.

-Stone Edge is the main STAB move and does massive damage to even Pokemon that resist it such as Keldeo.

-Crunch is the more accurate secondary STAB move and can break past bulky Psychic-types such as Slowbro and Jirachi really easy.

-Superpower has great coverage with Stone Edge and Crunch, as it hits Ferrothorn, Heatran, and opposing Tyranitar.

-Pursuit rounds off the set by allowing Tyranitar to Pursuit trap Latios, Latias, and Talonflame.

ZORO (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

The bulky set allows me to have a good entrance for weavile, latwins, scarf excadrill and other pokemon then set up with swords dance and create several problems.
Knock off>u turn 'cause we can hit harder different pokemons such as heatran, jirachi, skarmory and sweep more easily.

-Swords Dance, what's wrong with it, setup in lategame and gg.

-Roost is necessary in the bulky set, and allows zor to boost his attack while he gains health.

-Bullet Punch is the stab which is runned in every zor, after a dance it's really powerful (technician + stab).

-Knock Off provides a good mix of utility and coverage, allowing Scizor to achieve overall good coverage as well as the ability to remove items from switch-ins such as Skarmory and Heatran.

COSO PUCCI (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

We chose mew 'cause every team need a keldeo check and running volt switch we can gain momentum, which is really important for this team.
Mew can also use stealth rocks and spam will o-wisp to take damages and reduce physical attack.

-Stealth rock, nothing to say.

-Soft boiled is here to gain health.

-Will-o-Wisp is necessary for mew to deal with physical attackers.

-Volt Switch is here to take momentum and gain entry to broken mons such as tyranitar, drill or zor.

CICCIOLINA (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Keldeo was here to have a fast mon and to deal with some fire mons, which can burn our tyranitar and to setup on main counters with cmind. After a couple of calm mind this mon is really a beast.

-Scald is the stab, 30% of fucking burn the oppo and it's really useful to burn checks/counters.

-Secret Sword, second stab to deal with special defensors and to have damage in general.

-Substitute is here to have the core sub-cmind, and it's so useful to break stall.

-Calm mind to raise sp atk and sp def and create troubles.

PUSSYDESTROYER (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Exca works really well with sand and it was a good wallbreaker so we decided to run this mon. Life Orb-boosted Earthquake is extremely powerful, 2HKOing standard Ferrothorn and generally pummeling pretty much any Pokemon that does not resist it.

-Earthquake is a STAB move which does a lot of damage in all the ou tier.

-Iron Head is another exca STAB move, with high power and fantastic coverage. Iron Head has a useful chance to flinch and hits most non-grounded foes, such as Latios, Landorus-T, and Gengar, for a high amount of damage.

-Rock Slide is Excadrill's best coverage move, hitting Flying-types such as Thundurus, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir super effectively. It is also Excadrill's best option against Rotom-W and Skarmory.

-Rapid Spin can remove entry hazards, especially Stealth Rock, and it is important for Excadrill's teammates.

ROVENTA (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Thunder Wave

Rotom heat is the only way to deal with mega pinsir and charizard, status it and take momentum with volt switch.

-Overheat hits Steel and Grass-types that Rotom-W cannot hit for super effective damage such as Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, Serperior, and Breloom.

-Volt Switch allows Rotom-H to gain momentum off the likes of Heatran as well as pressure Water-types that attempt to switch in. It can also avoid Tyranitar when it switches in, avoiding being trapped by Pursuit.

-Pain Split is necessary for recovery and allows Rotom-H to stay healthy for long periods of time; it's also easy to take advantage of, since Rotom-H will lose HP quickly because of its Stealth Rock weakness.

-Thunder Wave can cripple the likes of Latios, Tyranitar, Water-types, Volcarona, Talonflame, and Mega Charizard X and Y.

REPLAYS

i laddered with some alts, and also paulpetta did, so here you are replays!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-366823459
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-366814273
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-366808829
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-366467865
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-366467081
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-366440178
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-366463856
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-365802096
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-365803537
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-365802096

PROOF OF PEAK

IMPORT

Last edited:
Needs work Italian rick.

Can you explain why your scizor has so much spdef? It's a problem when combined with adamant drill, as you now rely on a speed tie to check opposing adamant excadrills (252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Mega Scizor: 161-191 (46.9 - 55.6%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO, guaranteed after rocks) and it makes you a lot weaker to jolly excadrill.

A better way of dealing with water types is needed, as mons like keldeo and manaphy take a huge dump on this team.

Why does rotom-h have 220 speed evs? There's no real benefit outside outspeeding loom's spore/rock tomb. That's very little gain at the cost of making your megazard X check simply not function while rocks are up (+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 40+ Def Rotom-H: 211-249 (69.4 - 81.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)
In fact, I question why you're using rotom-h here at all instead of twave rotom-w. It seems like a bit of unnecessary 'innovation' some builders are too fond of, since rotom-w would help with these problems - it's a proper sand rush excadrill counter, a secondary water resist, and it can deal with mega pinsir/zard x just as well as rotom-h can. Of course, that does come at a cost since it makes you weaker to serperior, and you'll need something or that too. It also doesn't help with certain manaphy variants.
I'm not saying that's the only solution, or even a good one. It's just an example - I think it's up to the builder to solve problems in their own way.

One thing I noticed is that all the spreads are simply the spreads taken from the damage calc. You should tailor them more specifically, for instance you may want to deal with rotom-w better so you could potentially make tyranitar 252 speed, to outspeed 44 speed rotom-w. Also that mega scizor spread hurts my eyes.

Anyway, if there's one thing you have to take from this post, it's that using mega scizor and cbtar on a team where your only water resist is keldeo is generally not a good idea.
Good luck with the team, even if you're a bit of a buttcheek on the ladder.

Empo

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 30 Championis the Smogon Tour Season 33 Championwon the 17th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Yeah you're right... but i needed a serperior check/counter, therefore we've chosen rotom-h. Then with rotom-w we were too weak to grass in general.

I still think there's something to change, idk what but of course i need some water resist '-'

Thanks for suggestions by the way!

Cool team!I'll try it. ButI'm just wondering how can you deal with(1) dd charX or gyra?(2) leading volcanion?

Yo Empo, nice team ;)
I suggest you little changes for a better result:

- Calm Nature > Careful on Mew (it's a little increase, but better than nothing lol )

- Air Ballon Exca > Life Orb: This is for have a major chance to manage LandoT and bulkyground/earthattack. Your team have few weakness for this, i don't see the need for extrapower on Excadrill.

Finally, i agree with you about something to fix....i think Rotom can change for a better slot....mmm i'll try to think.

Hey man, congrats on the peak. I have some little changes that can help you to improve your team 'cause I see some threats that are really problematic. Keldeo and water types in general are really threatening. Your answer to keldeo is like Mew or a speedtie to Keldeo and your only way to KO it is with Exca, which doesnt even have 8 turns. Rotom-W is a huge threat as well, choosing Rotom-H is a pretty risky choice in general because it let your team be covered from Electrics in general, which isnt a problem for your team, but make it weaker to waters and the rocks weakness is not a good thing for a defensive 'mon. Another thing that I dont really like is Mew, that moveset isn't really what Mew is usually supposed to do, which is mainly beeing a stallbreaker. You dont have Taunt, and use it as Rocker, which honestly is a waste. Volt Switch to be "innovative" but not much because it has been shown on yt etc. My suggestions are Heatran over Rotom-H and Slowbro over Mew. Heatran gives you Rocks over Mew, also it is a pretty nice stallbreaker. It helps against Talonflame, Mega Charizard and Serperior, with the Chople Berry set it takes Mega Pinsir as well. I'd suggest Toxic because it helps against Slowbro and the Mega version, and with Slowbro in your team now I dont see the team struggling against it. Max HP Max Speed beeing a fast and bulky stallbreaker, taking hits from Latwins, Birds etc. The Slowbro change over Mew is made to let you check Keldeo, which destroys your team, with 24 evs in Sdef you take 2 specs Hydro after rocks. Standard set with Thunder Wave, helping against Keldeo mainly and not letting the team be weak to Ice types. I thought on changing Mew for Lati@s before, which is a more offensive change but it makes your team weaker to ice. I went for Slowbro because it takes Mega Lopunny and Mega Pinsir as well, which any of the Latwins cant do.

Other small changes are like making Keldeo Life Orb with Rest and Sleep Talk, beeing able to recovery from things like Weavile and Bisharp, not pressuring your Scizor that much and it still threat stall teams pretty well, considering that now you got Stallbreaker Heatran. Excadrill, honestly I prefer it Jolly, because if not you lose to Sand Rush Excadrills without even riskying the speedtie, but you can keep the adamant nature but add the Air Balloon.

In conclusion, most of these changes helped to improve your team and reduce your threat list, Keldeo is no longer that threatening, Mega Pinsir a 'mon that you fear is handled pretty well, also Serperior has solid checks; Talonflame is checked pretty well now. Slowbro handles Mega Charizard X and Mega Lopunny a thing that Lati@s is not able to do if you want to try it. Many threats are revengekilled by Excadrill. Kyurem-B could be problmatic with these changes, but with Keldeo, Band Tyranitar and Sand Exca it should be handled pretty well. This is pretty much it, I hope this helps, gl.

Heatran @ Chople Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic / Earth Power

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)