Bones I Found In The Woods (read the disclaimer)

Who is your favourite bone

• Total voters

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
A year or so ago I lived in a house in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. And anyone who’s ever been to the middle of bumfuck nowhere knows that bones can often be spotted around there, typically in woods, which is where I sourced mine

All of my bones are cruelty free, ethically sourced (found on the ground, not inside animals) and cool looking. Please, feel free to browse my humble collection

!!!
- All of my bones are animal bones
- I did actually find the majority of these in the middle of the woods - the ones I didn’t have their original location specified.
- I am not selling my bones
- I am not using my bones for nefarious deeds
- If you do not like looking at bones then why would you click on a thread that was titled “Bones I Found in the Woods”
- If you do not like looking at bones and did not read the title of this thread/are illiterate/wanted to see if this was a joke/etc, then do not open the spoilers. There are bones inside. You may, however, open the spoiler labelled “My Cat, Luna”, as that one shows my cat, Luna
- My cat, Luna, does have bones inside her (I think), so if you do not like looking at bones that are inside cats, please do not open the spoiler labelled “My Cat, Luna”
- I checked and I don’t think there are any rules about posting pictures of animal bones, but if you make one can you name it after me. Thanks (:
!!!

C954F6C7-1672-43E2-9FB0-06A1FAD41BCA.jpeg

I think this is a deer skull. It doesn’t seem to have eye sockets, which I think is pretty metal. It's also got its other antler snapped off, but I don't know where it is. I might duct tape a twig onto the stump so it doesn't feel bad about it
5800FCEB-25F4-4641-84C1-742374E8A6EF.jpeg

043B8D32-E41C-462F-B96A-8EA1EC8090F7.jpeg

This is the first bone I found, still has most of its teeth which is pretty neat. Used to live in the wild but now sits on my shelf watching over me as I sleep. A cool dude with a lil bit of tooth infection but that’s ok because he has a good personality
BCDA6636-07D8-4362-9874-9D5505F96E05.jpeg

896AC348-E2C9-4736-B69D-7121C53641B9.jpeg

When I first found this I lightly kicked it because I thought it was a deflated football. It’s hard to photograph but the spine’s still inside, which is pretty wild. We used to have a tortoise in our garden, but we had to put it in the woods because our dog kept trying to play with it
9EF2CF33-EBD0-4C0C-90D8-66F83C27BA95.jpeg

7F524E31-4F0F-4E90-A72F-6DD8255C098D.jpeg

1E74C7E3-A7B7-4E9D-938D-4795A116D7A6.jpeg

This is my cat, Luna. She has bones growing inside her
FE0524A2-AEB6-4193-9917-2104F5B3EABA.jpeg

7D4365C4-A802-4474-A48F-E6296B414CA6.jpeg

31ECAAEC-414F-4618-B0DF-0EF904D2BEED.jpeg

Comes with a free photo of my laminated floor, and a hand for scale. Found by the pile of rubble that was next to my house. I don't know what animal it came from, but considering the size of the Big Rib(?), I hope I never meet it
Could potentially be used as a bone sword

590170A1-19E5-4B0C-AF61-7579B51BCE84.jpeg

This was found on the same rubble pile as the Big Rib(?). My neighbours had a dog, so it’s probably a bone they gave to her then chucked away, but it’s mine now and that’s all that matters. No hand for scale, but it’s girthy. Might be from a cow

This is Jeremy
9D596CDF-4160-4766-A389-ACC836273B70.jpeg

I don’t know what Jeremy is, nor do I remember when he came to me. All that matters is that he was in the woods and now he’s in my room.
B06D56CE-E9B5-4043-96D3-3664D39CC831.jpeg

There were some mystery bits inside him when I turned him around. I think it’s dirt but it’s on the floor now so it’s not my problem anymore

30E7D8C3-69E5-4FA3-A3AE-33CA21031E92.jpeg

An antler my sister found behind my house in the middle of the night, when the power short circuited and we had to go outside to fix it. It lives with Jeremy, ULB and Big Rib(?) in my drawer, behind a spare bedsheet. Could've possibly come from the Antlered Skull, since they both have that cool bone ring around the base

That is my collection of bones. There may be larger and more impressive bone collections, but this one is mine and I intend to keep it that way. Unfortunately where I live current does not have adequate woods to generate bones, so my collection will likely never grow, but I am still proud of my bone collection. They're all funky little dudes

Feel free to ask me or my bones any questions. My bones may not be able to answer, but I’ll ask them anyways at the risk of looking like a lunatic

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
wow, you got a lot of backbone for showin off your colelction. tibia honest, you’re way too good for this site. you’ve got a ton of potential. a skeleton of potential.

Heheheh...boy, i am incredibly unfunny
Get out of here, Sans Undertale.

I was going to call out the live cat, but you rightfully claimed that there are bones inside of that lovely creature

Albatross

wow, you got a lot of backbone for showin off your colelction. tibia honest, you’re way too good for this site. you’ve got a ton of potential. a skeleton of potential.

Heheheh...boy, i am incredibly unfunny
I
i found this pretty humerus.
Oh fuck uhhh
funnybonehahahhafunny.png

Hold on I've got a good one too uhhhhhhhhh
funnybonehahahhafunny.png

... Nicholas RIbcage? Is that funny? Am I funny now?

Ok sorry about that, my list of puns is a bit bit marrow

Get out of here, Sans Undertale.

I was going to call out the live cat, but you rightfully claimed that there are bones inside of that lovely creature
Yeah she's got at least two in there somewhere

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
have u considered performing an occult ritual to fuse the essence of the antler skull with your own, channeling the rage you (may or may not) possess as an arrogant member of society's patriarchy to become a skelm? if you're boujie enough, I could see you pulling off the aesthetic of a street skelm, though there's a variety of antlered+personified toxic masculinity options to choose from; the important thing to keep in mind is that you have to be a colossal asshole

hmu if you want tips, my antlers haven't grown yet but i try to be as patriarchical as i can, so im hopeful!
1618246845037.png

Last edited:

Albatross

have u considered performing an occult ritual to fuse the essence of the antler skull with your own, channeling the rage you (may or may not) possess as an arrogant member of society's patriarchy to become a skelm? if you're boujie enough, I could see you pulling off the aesthetic of a street skelm, though there's a variety of antlered+personified toxic masculinity options to choose from; the important thing to keep in mind is that you have to be a colossal asshole

hmu if you want tips, my antlers haven't grown yet but i try to be as patriarchical as i can, so im hopeful!
While the idea of having massive fuckoff antlers is certainly enticing, and I am a massive bastard, I am honour-bound to what I have inscribed into my Disclaimer:
Disclaimer said:
- I am not using my bones for nefarious deed
And I am lead to believe that fusing antlers onto my person is rather nefarious. So thank you for your kind offer, but I'll just have to find another way to unleash my insatiable rage onto the world

How do you know your bones weren't forced out of these specimen?
Well I don't think most animals are willing to give away their bones, but they have to come out one way or another

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
very cool thread. my favorites are the skull with antler and the canine(?) skull. the ulb is indeed most likely a bone given to a dog, in my professional opinion. i once found the skull of an indiscriminate ungulate in the forest. picture not available because i did not take the skull.
instead, this is the only relevant image i can provide:
coincidentally, my cat, fritz, also has bones growing inside him.

1618251556706.png

after subjecting him to several x-rays and other radiation/magnet-based testing, the doctors came to the conclusion that he is simply "built differently."

Albatross

very cool thread. my favorites are the skull with antler and the canine(?) skull. the ulb is indeed most likely a bone given to a dog, in my professional opinion. i once found the skull of an indiscriminate ungulate in the forest. picture not available because i did not take the skull.
instead, this is the only relevant image i can provide:
coincidentally, my cat, fritz, also has bones growing inside him.

View attachment 332041

after subjecting him to several x-rays and other radiation/magnet-based testing, the doctors came to the conclusion that he is simply "built differently."
Yeah the toothed skull is probably my favourite, mostly because it looks cool as fuck on my shelf. Shame you can't provide a visual on the skull, but your cat, Fritz, definitely looks like he has a good bone or two. He's a funky dude by the looks of it

your cat luna is so CUTE <3

also, did you find sans in the woods? did you manage to collect a skele-ton of other bones (that you don't want to show for reasons unexplained?)

Albatross

Update on the Bone collection:

Due to my dog having torn apart his other chew toys, I have elected to give him the ULB so that he has something to chew on other than our towels

It’s a sad, sad day for me, but I’m happy knowing that ULB will be put to good use rather than staying stuck inside my drawer for the rest of his days

33252048-43A2-4628-A19A-4714B9F0A65E.jpeg
21229BBD-BCFD-4B40-9354-CAEF20D9E111.jpeg

C9066FE5-3B13-49A7-B3F6-523BB9B12F7F.jpeg

A year or so ago I lived in a house in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. And anyone who’s ever been to the middle of bumfuck nowhere knows that bones can often be spotted around there, typically in woods, which is where I sourced mine

All of my bones are cruelty free, ethically sourced (found on the ground, not inside animals) and cool looking. Please, feel free to browse my humble collection

!!!
- All of my bones are animal bones
- I did actually find the majority of these in the middle of the woods - the ones I didn’t have their original location specified.
- I am not selling my bones
- I am not using my bones for nefarious deeds
- If you do not like looking at bones then why would you click on a thread that was titled “Bones I Found in the Woods”
- If you do not like looking at bones and did not read the title of this thread/are illiterate/wanted to see if this was a joke/etc, then do not open the spoilers. There are bones inside. You may, however, open the spoiler labelled “My Cat, Luna”, as that one shows my cat, Luna
- My cat, Luna, does have bones inside her (I think), so if you do not like looking at bones that are inside cats, please do not open the spoiler labelled “My Cat, Luna”
- I checked and I don’t think there are any rules about posting pictures of animal bones, but if you make one can you name it after me. Thanks (:
!!!

View attachment 331714
I think this is a deer skull. It doesn’t seem to have eye sockets, which I think is pretty metal. It's also got its other antler snapped off, but I don't know where it is. I might duct tape a twig onto the stump so it doesn't feel bad about it
View attachment 331716

View attachment 331717
This is the first bone I found, still has most of its teeth which is pretty neat. Used to live in the wild but now sits on my shelf watching over me as I sleep. A cool dude with a lil bit of tooth infection but that’s ok because he has a good personality
View attachment 331724

View attachment 331725
When I first found this I lightly kicked it because I thought it was a deflated football. It’s hard to photograph but the spine’s still inside, which is pretty wild. We used to have a tortoise in our garden, but we had to put it in the woods because our dog kept trying to play with it
View attachment 331728
View attachment 331729

View attachment 331730
This is my cat, Luna. She has bones growing inside her
View attachment 331732
View attachment 331733

View attachment 331735
Comes with a free photo of my laminated floor, and a hand for scale. Found by the pile of rubble that was next to my house. I don't know what animal it came from, but considering the size of the Big Rib(?), I hope I never meet it
Could potentially be used as a bone sword

View attachment 331740
This was found on the same rubble pile as the Big Rib(?). My neighbours had a dog, so it’s probably a bone they gave to her then chucked away, but it’s mine now and that’s all that matters. No hand for scale, but it’s girthy. Might be from a cow

This is Jeremy
View attachment 331745
I don’t know what Jeremy is, nor do I remember when he came to me. All that matters is that he was in the woods and now he’s in my room.
View attachment 331749
There were some mystery bits inside him when I turned him around. I think it’s dirt but it’s on the floor now so it’s not my problem anymore

View attachment 331750
An antler my sister found behind my house in the middle of the night, when the power short circuited and we had to go outside to fix it. It lives with Jeremy, ULB and Big Rib(?) in my drawer, behind a spare bedsheet. Could've possibly come from the Antlered Skull, since they both have that cool bone ring around the base https://thediyinfo.com/how-long-does-pressure-treated-wood-last/

That is my collection of bones. There may be larger and more impressive bone collections, but this one is mine and I intend to keep it that way. Unfortunately where I live current does not have adequate woods to generate bones, so my collection will likely never grow, but I am still proud of my bone collection. They're all funky little dudes

Feel free to ask me or my bones any questions. My bones may not be able to answer, but I’ll ask them anyways at the risk of looking like a lunatic https://thediyinfo.com/how-long-does-pressure-treated-wood-last/
i found this pretty humerus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)