Serious boston marathon bombing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to say, I don't think there is any way this could be prevented. The only option is compassion: I heard there are several blood drives in the Boston area to help the survivors.

I still don't get the idea behind bombings like these. Perhaps the worst thing about it that there may be maniacs like these looking to bomb your local event as well. There is no known motive as of yet, right?

Just shocking. Horrendous.

The images and footage I've been seeing makes me sick. I don't pray..but my thoughts are definitely with them.

Oh, My, Arceus! This is really bad. I'm watching it on the news now. Two of the bombs went off along the street for the Boston Marathon, and the third bomb went off at the JFK Library. 23 people injured, 2 people dead. This is absolutely horrendous!!!

Saw an eyewitness video of the bombing on ABC News just now. It's horrifying to think that something like this can happen without any warning whatsoever.

Also, there actually is somebody in custody according to this article from about an hour ago.

No. Just...no.

EDIT: Sincere thanks to whoever cleaned up the thread just now.

I agree with Galladiator. That's was just wrong. Like the one time when somebody tried to sell a Halloween mask of James Holmes, the Century 16 theater shooting.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Man, this is seriously a tragedy. My family was going down to Boston this coming Wednesday since my dad's in need of surgery there, but wow, this is incredibly unsettling. Prayers's go out to the victims and their relatives.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
started to delete a few posts but ChoaS proved to be faster

anyways, let us please at least pretend to be serious.

Well the new york post said something about a suspect being held in a hospital while another news source is saying the Boston police are denying it...better wait for official statements. In any case whoever did this wasn't a suicide bomber and they're gonna get caught if there are'nt already.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I still don't get the idea behind bombings like these. Perhaps the worst thing about it that there may be maniacs like these looking to bomb your local event as well. There is no known motive as of yet, right?
The Boston Marathon is an international event held on Patriot's Day - a state holiday in Massachusetts.

While it is not known who is responsible yet, the symbolism and methodology are in line with Al-Queda's MO.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Glad to see you're alright, Brian.

DM was there recently too, anyone know if he already left Boston or if he's still there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)