Pet Mod Branched Potential - Slate 5 - Durant, Mamoswine, and Houndoom

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
Josjet really stealing my thunder with an excellent sub comp, smh my head council members these days

:durant: memebitatxt, Regic Boat, Albatr0ss
:mamoswine: |-DeepBlue-|, Albatr0ss, VoolPool
:houndoom: Albatr0ss, JosJet, Regic Boat

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
With the end of an era, I'm glad to go out with a banger of a slate, ending with pretty solid winners.

Our first winner is memebitatxt. With Dreadant, and Durandurant
:Durant:

Dreadant
Type: Bug/Dark
Stats: 58/134/102/48/68/119
Abilities: Swarm/Anger Point/Intimidate (H)

New Moves: Pursuit, Jaw Lock, Knock Off, Throat Chop, Taunt, Lunge, U-Turn, Megahorn

Concept: Based on the Hell Ants, this evolution of Durant is much more aggressive, losing it's protection, but getting more faster.

Also, it looks like this

Durandurant
Type: Bug/Electric
Stats: 78/69/62/113/98/109
Abilities: Swarm/Soundproof/Punk Rock(H)

New Moves: Bug Buzz, Overdrive, U-turn, Nasty Plot, Volt Switch, Thunder Wave, Signal Beam

Concept: Yes, I made this Pokémon only to make a Duran Duran reference, Deal with it. Jokes aside, this Pokémon would be based on a flying ant with some Cricket parts, since now it can produce sounds so loud they can be used as a way to attack.

Also, it looks like this:
With their first win, I-Deepblue-I with Mountoswine
:bw/piloswine:
Name: Mountoswine
Typing: Ground/Ice
Abilities: Stamina/Snow Warning/Thick Fat
Stats: 130/70/80/110/80/60 (BST: 530)
Height: 8.8 M
Weight: 357 KG

New Moves: Aurora Veil
Removed Moves: Ancient Power, Superpower
Flavour/Design: Piloswine's back grows to the point where it resembles a mountain. This makes it a lot more sturdy, but as a consequence of its bigger size, it practically loses the ability to defend itself using its physical strength. Some flying type Pokemon enjoy making nests on its back.
Competitive Description: Bulky Aurora Veil setter that can actually do good damage after setting the Aurora Veil.
And finally Albatross with Lapidour
:bw/houndoom:
Name: Lapidour
Typing: Dark/Rock
Abilities: Early Bird/Prankster/Unnerve
Stats: 75/100/50/110/60/105 (500 BST)

New Moves: Stealth Rock, Moonlight, Meteor Beam, Moonblast, Cosmic Power, Earth Power, Power Gem
Removed Moves: Fire Blast, Heat Wave, Overheat, Flamethrower

Flavour/Design: Lapidour are pack animals, native to arid landscapes such as deserts. They are known as "the ultimate hunting dog", as their hunting prowess is unrivalled; some folklores say that Lapidour have never failed a hunt, always being able to capture its prey no matter how far it ran
Competitive Description: Access to priority Stealth Rocks and Taunt is absolutely insane, alongside Will-O-Wisp and Moonlight. It functions best as a suicide lead that sets up Stealth Rock then annoys Pokemon with its small but useful supportive movepool until it dies. Ironically, since Lapidour is a Dark-type, it actually checks itself pretty cleanly. Lapidour can also run a Nasty Plot or Meteor Beam + Power Herb set, but Prankster Stealth Rock + Taunt is way too good to pass up on

:ss/houndoom-mega:
Name: Mega Lapidour
Typing: Rock/Fairy
Abilities: Fairy Aura
Stats: 75/120/60/150/60/135 (600 BST)

Flavour/Design: Upon mega evolving, Lapidour becomes a more cosmic entity, ascending from its regular form to join the stars. It's said to be able to control meteor showers, as it can call down a flurry of stars to attack its foes. Ancient astronomers named a constellation after it, in respect for its beauty and power
Competitive Description: A Fairy spammer, with Fairy Aura to boost the power of its Moonblast and Moonlight for recovery. It's primarily a glass cannon thanks to its sky high SpAtt, amazing Speed, and access to Nasty Plot all allowing it to break through walls and revenge kill with ease. Rock-, Ground-, and Fairy-type coverage let Mega Lapidour to hit most of the metagame neutrally, giving it a free moveslot to pack either Nasty Plot, Moonlight, or Substitute/Taunt, for set-up sweeping, longevity, and stallbreaking respectively
Edit: heres the votecount
As I've mentioned prior in this thread, after this we'll be moving to v2, so keep your eyes tuned for that. This was the first mod I've lead and I'm glad to carry it on to v2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)