SM OU Break, Heal and Sweep! - Mega Mawile Offense /1506 Elo (81% Gxe) (keep climbing)

Introduction:

The basic idea of the team is double-breaker&healing wish.
Double wallbreakers guarantee enough force to beat any enemy, and healing wish is the trump card that can dramatically reverse the situation and lead to victory.
Now, the two powers meet.

Team Preview:

mawile-mega.gif
thundurus-therian.gif
latias.gif
greninja-ash.gif
landorus-therian.gif
tentacruel.gif

Team Building Process:

mawile-mega.gif

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

First, I need breakers.
Mega Mawile works as a popular wallbreaker in the metagame, having nice endurance in the same time. Absolutely it suits well with healing wish.
This is a regular set. Swords Dance enables it to breaker through most tanks, Fire Fang beats Steel-Types and sucker punch helps it sweep.

thundurus-therian.gif

Thundurus-Therian @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt

Thundurus is a good teammate with Mega Mawile. It can avoid Ground-type moves for Mawile, and Ice-type mons exactly give Mawile the opportunity to switch in. Nasty Plot provides it fantastic power to break through most walls, including Toxapex, Slowbro, Landorus-T, Heatran etc. that can stop Mawile.
At first, I altered Foucs Blast with Taunt. It works when stopping Toxic, Spikes, Recover etc. , but then it can't deal with Ferrothorn and Quagsire which can be really troublesome. Finally, I chose Z-Focus Blast to maximum its damage in fear for miss.

latias.gif

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock

Here it comes, the Healing Wish!
Actually, I tried both Clefable and Latias, and Latias is my final choice.
Though Latias doesn't perform as well as Latios in OU metagame, it is still a nice scarfer that can outspeed most dancers and kill them. Also, Latias always has the opportunity to use Healing Wish with choice scarf.
Healing Wish is a fantastic move that can bring a new life as you wish. When facing difficulty breaking walls, break twice with it; To sweep the enemies magnificently, support Greninja or just do it yourself!
Draco Meteor can deal great damage, and Psyshock is prepared for special bulks and Volcarona. Ice beam can be really useful when we face Landos. They would have no choice but switch off without using Stealth Rock, or get killed in one hit, especially those holding scarf.

greninja-ash.gif

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Now, the main core is complete. However, obviously it lacks a high-speed and Ash-Greninja just fits here. After changing form, it can outspeed Tapu Koko, which is a threat of the team. Ash-Gre acts as a nice sweeper with Specs, and U-turn enables Mawile and Thundurus to switch in and break out.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Tomb

Landorus-T is the best Pokemon in the OU metagame. Landorus-T is a reliable Stealth Rock setter that can also switch into physical attackers (From Smogon Pokedex).
The offensive part is complete, and Landorus is absolutely a nice choice for the defensive part. Rock tomb can beat Volcarona and stop the opponent from sweeping. However, Hidden Power Ice is still really useful, and I'm considering between them.

tentacruel.gif

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

It suddenly comes up to me that the team just can't deal with Mega Venusaur. As a spike-cleaner, Tentacruel is my last choice. Liquid Ooze is the enemy of Leech Seed and Giga Drain. It has reliable special defense, and it can switch into most spikers and clean up spikes (and outspeeds defensive Lando). Scald pose a threat to physical attackers and reduces the viability of walls like Mega Venusaur with burn, while Toxic Spikes exert great pressure on the opponent's team.

Threats:

Tapu Koko: Specs koko can exert great pressure on this team, outspeeding 5 members at the beginning and dealing great damage.

Mega Venusaur: It is the blackspot of the two breakers. Though we have Latias and Tentacruel, it is still hard to beat.

Mamoswine: It kills every member in one hit, and can be a great threat in the later period. Maybe I should consider speeding up Tentacruel?

Magearna: Though we have Mawile, it can be troublesome with Volt Switch (or Ice Beam?) and defend Thundurus-T and Greninja. What about equipping Tentacruel with Knock Off?

Importable:
Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt

Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Tomb

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
Rating:

1.png

Conclusion:

Perhaps it's the best team I have ever built lol
Hope you like it and Suggestions are welcome!
Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm going to suggest some stuff/rate.

Run some speed on mawile and use knock off over fire fang. EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe with adamant nature. This lets u outrun celesteela & the fastest av magearna. If you want, invest more to outrun skarmory & alolan marowak, but most stall teams now use zapdos over skarmory and alolan marowak is rarely ever seen outside of trick room teams which u outspeed them then anyways so I don't see the point in that. Knock off is a lot better than fire fang coz it hits off lefties from tran which is otherwise quite a pain for this team throwing magma storms and toxic off. Knock benefits ashgren considerably too if u knock lefties off ferrothorn & in general is just good neutral coverage for toxapex etc.

If venusaur is really that big of a concern, use hp flying over hp ice. Unless ppl know ur sets, they aren't going to stay in on a boosting a thundurust with their ground types. What u need to think about is how the lack of coverage affects u... so with landot defensive variants can't really threaten u anyways and +2 hp flying is gna chunk 75% their hp, other ground types like zygarde & garchomp, I'm pretty sure theyre just gna get nuked by a +2 focus blast anyways. Besides, u have a helmet landot to check all these ground types anyway, so all in all I think u can afford to run hp flying over hp ice.

Run hp ice over rock tomb on landot and run a bit more speed evs to speed creep opposing fat landots to hp ice them. EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe with impish nature, more speed if u want. This patches up lack of coverage on thundurust, checking zygarde, chomp & opposing landot. Rock tomb isn't necessary on this team I don't think as its targets are pinsir and zard x/y. Pinsir gets chipped by rocky helmet and it has seen a decline in usage coz of the zapdos infested ou game + u have ashgren, intimidate mawile & latias to check it. If dd zardx which isn't even common coz zardx is mostly 3 atks+roost, just uturn if they choose to dd in regular and then go into ashgren forcing them to mega evolve and switching back into landot to give them rocky helmet + flare blitz recoil damage, just be sure to keep landot reasonably healthy then. Zard y is checked by latias. Volcarona wouldn't set up on landot ideally it's just not a good idea if it does eq does 75% to it and u can revenge it with latias/gren shuriken/mawile sucker punch later.

Run spikes over uturn on ashgren, it helps to pressure its checks like toxapex, keldeo, av magearna and venusaur. Sd mawile benefits heavily from spikes as well coz it relies on boosted sucker punches to take out things like tapu koko, keldeo and gren.

Run defog > ice beam on latias and then finally switch out tentacruel with av magearna to patch up the tapu lele/koko weakness. If u really want ice beam, I think surf is a lot better coz this at least lets u force out tran which scarf lati@s struggles immensely with.

Here's the summary of my rate, nothing fancy, just really standard stuff, team still struggles with rain still though... specifically mega swampert can't really think how to improve on that w/o butchering the team so my bad. Maybe try to obtain ashform with gren asap on that and put it in range of lati draco + gren shuriken.

Mawile-Mega (F) @ Mawilite
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock/Surf
- Defog

- Healing Wish

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 25 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Serious Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 22 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Iron Head

Hi, I'm going to suggest some stuff/rate.

Run some speed on mawile and use knock off over fire fang. EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe with adamant nature. This lets u outrun celesteela & the fastest av magearna. If you want, invest more to outrun skarmory & alolan marowak, but most stall teams now use zapdos over skarmory and alolan marowak is rarely ever seen outside of trick room teams which u outspeed them then anyways so I don't see the point in that. Knock off is a lot better than fire fang coz it hits off lefties from tran which is otherwise quite a pain for this team throwing magma storms and toxic off. Knock benefits ashgren considerably too if u knock lefties off ferrothorn & in general is just good neutral coverage for toxapex etc.

If venusaur is really that big of a concern, use hp flying over hp ice. Unless ppl know ur sets, they aren't going to stay in on a boosting a thundurust with their ground types. What u need to think about is how the lack of coverage affects u... so with landot defensive variants can't really threaten u anyways and +2 hp flying is gna chunk 75% their hp, other ground types like zygarde & garchomp, I'm pretty sure theyre just gna get nuked by a +2 focus blast anyways. Besides, u have a helmet landot to check all these ground types anyway, so all in all I think u can afford to run hp flying over hp ice.

Run hp ice over rock tomb on landot and run a bit more speed evs to speed creep opposing fat landots to hp ice them. EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe with impish nature, more speed if u want. This patches up lack of coverage on thundurust, checking zygarde, chomp & opposing landot. Rock tomb isn't necessary on this team I don't think as its targets are pinsir and zard x/y. Pinsir gets chipped by rocky helmet and it has seen a decline in usage coz of the zapdos infested ou game + u have ashgren, intimidate mawile & latias to check it. If dd zardx which isn't even common coz zardx is mostly 3 atks+roost, just uturn if they choose to dd in regular and then go into ashgren forcing them to mega evolve and switching back into landot to give them rocky helmet + flare blitz recoil damage, just be sure to keep landot reasonably healthy then. Zard y is checked by latias. Volcarona wouldn't set up on landot ideally it's just not a good idea if it does eq does 75% to it and u can revenge it with latias/gren shuriken/mawile sucker punch later.

Run spikes over uturn on ashgren, it helps to pressure its checks like toxapex, keldeo, av magearna and venusaur. Sd mawile benefits heavily from spikes as well coz it relies on boosted sucker punches to take out things like tapu koko, keldeo and gren.

Run defog > ice beam on latias and then finally switch out tentacruel with av magearna to patch up the tapu lele/koko weakness. If u really want ice beam, I think surf is a lot better coz this at least lets u force out tran which scarf lati@s struggles immensely with.

Here's the summary of my rate, nothing fancy, just really standard stuff, team still struggles with rain still though... specifically mega swampert can't really think how to improve on that w/o butchering the team so my bad. Maybe try to obtain ashform with gren asap on that and put it in range of lati draco + gren shuriken.

Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock/Surf
- Defog

- Healing Wish

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 25 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Serious Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 22 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Iron Head
Thank you for ur suggestions. It helps a lot!

To deal with rain, what about altering Magearna with Tangrowth?
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Poison Jab
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

To deal with rain, what about altering Magearna with Tangrowth?
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Poison Jab
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
Hey, I'm sincerely happy u didn't think my rate was shit and I wasted my time. With regards to tangrowth it seems like a double edged sword. On 1 hand, it makes u a lot less vulnerable to rain sweepers like swampert/ashgren/kingdra but on the other hand it makes u a lot more vulnerable to the likes of tapu lele since sludge bomb/poison jab doesnt ohko and ur pretty much forced whereas mind plate boosted psyshock or psyshock into z psyshock will always 2hko tangrowth so it might become a case of pivot into growth then make a 50/50 of whether u want to switch out into gren and get possibly ohkoed by moonblast or just switch something in to take a psyshock which is going to damage something a lot so in the case of lele teams ur most ideal lead then will always be mawile.

I don't think if using av magearna u auto lose vs rain soo honestly I think u have to try out both and see which u feel more comfortable playing with. Also if u can find space on growth, fit knock off in coz it provides great utility.

Hey! Nice team with a very good imaginion however that Tentacruel this play more physical defense when special defense but after that is his style to play this pokemon.Well It is a very good choice to play Tentacruel in special defense.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Introduction:

The basic idea of the team is double-breaker&healing wish.
Double wallbreakers guarantee enough force to beat any enemy, and healing wish is the trump card that can dramatically reverse the situation and lead to victory.
Now, the two powers meet.

Team Preview:

View attachment 110503View attachment 110504View attachment 110506View attachment 110505View attachment 110507View attachment 110508

Team Building Process:

View attachment 110503

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

First, I need breakers.
Mega Mawile works as a popular wallbreaker in the metagame, having nice endurance in the same time. Absolutely it suits well with healing wish.
This is a regular set. Swords Dance enables it to breaker through most tanks, Fire Fang beats Steel-Types and sucker punch helps it sweep.

View attachment 110504

Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt

Thundurus is a good teammate with Mega Mawile. It can avoid Ground-type moves for Mawile, and Ice-type mons exactly give Mawile the opportunity to switch in. Nasty Plot provides it fantastic power to break through most walls, including Toxapex, Slowbro, Landorus-T, Heatran etc. that can stop Mawile.
At first, I altered Foucs Blast with Taunt. It works when stopping Toxic, Spikes, Recover etc. , but then it can't deal with Ferrothorn and Quagsire which can be really troublesome. Finally, I chose Z-Focus Blast to maximum its damage in fear for miss.

View attachment 110506

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock

Here it comes, the Healing Wish!
Actually, I tried both Clefable and Latias, and Latias is my final choice.
Though Latias doesn't perform as well as Latios in OU metagame, it is still a nice scarfer that can outspeed most dancers and kill them. Also, Latias always has the opportunity to use Healing Wish with choice scarf.
Healing Wish is a fantastic move that can bring a new life as you wish. When facing difficulty breaking walls, break twice with it; To sweep the enemies magnificently, support Greninja or just do it yourself!
Draco Meteor can deal great damage, and Psyshock is prepared for special bulks and Volcarona. Ice beam can be really useful when we face Landos. They would have no choice but switch off without using Stealth Rock, or get killed in one hit, especially those holding scarf.

View attachment 110505

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Now, the main core is complete. However, obviously it lacks a high-speed and Ash-Greninja just fits here. After changing form, it can outspeed Tapu Koko, which is a threat of the team. Ash-Gre acts as a nice sweeper with Specs, and U-turn enables Mawile and Thundurus to switch in and break out.

View attachment 110507

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Tomb

Landorus-T is the best Pokemon in the OU metagame. Landorus-T is a reliable Stealth Rock setter that can also switch into physical attackers (From Smogon Pokedex).
The offensive part is complete, and Landorus is absolutely a nice choice for the defensive part. Rock tomb can beat Volcarona and stop the opponent from sweeping. However, Hidden Power Ice is still really useful, and I'm considering between them.

View attachment 110508

Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

It suddenly comes up to me that the team just can't deal with Mega Venusaur. As a spike-cleaner, Tentacruel is my last choice. Liquid Ooze is the enemy of Leech Seed and Giga Drain. It has reliable special defense, and it can switch into most spikers and clean up spikes (and outspeeds defensive Lando). Scald pose a threat to physical attackers and reduces the viability of walls like Mega Venusaur with burn, while Toxic Spikes exert great pressure on the opponent's team.

Threats:

Tapu Koko: Specs koko can exert great pressure on this team, outspeeding 5 members at the beginning and dealing great damage.

Mega Venusaur: It is the blackspot of the two breakers. Though we have Latias and Tentacruel, it is still hard to beat.

Mamoswine: It kills every member in one hit, and can be a great threat in the later period. Maybe I should consider speeding up Tentacruel?

Magearna: Though we have Mawile, it can be troublesome with Volt Switch (or Ice Beam?) and defend Thundurus-T and Greninja. What about equipping Tentacruel with Knock Off?

Importable:
Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt

Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Tomb

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
Rating:

View attachment 110512

Conclusion:

Perhaps it's the best team I have ever built lol
Hope you like it and Suggestions are welcome!
Thanks for watching!
Hey there rinascere this looks like a fun team :) There are some things that I would change, however.
First, I'd change the Mawile set. I would actually recommend a Pinsir here, but since this is a Mawile team, we'll stick with Mawile. As nubzie above me said, speed is good on Mawile to outrun things such as Magearna, Celesteela, etc. I put Thunder Punch over Fire Fang because the team is incredibly Pinsir weak. Thundurus already breaks through Ferrothorn with All-out Pummeling.

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance

I am not too big a fan of Tentacruel in today's metagame as (besides removal) Toxapex does its job much better as it has Regenerator and Recover. Tentacruel also doesn't beat Venusaur (which yours is aiming to do) as many carry either Knock Off or Earthquake. So, I am going to replace Tentacruel with Toxapex. Haze is to stop set-up sweepers like Shift Gear or Calm Mind Magearna.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

I like the idea of Rock Tomb, but I think that there are better options such as Knock Off (removing Leftovers, Assault Vests or even Choice Scarfs off opposing Pokemon that threaten this offensive team is great), Sludge Wave (To weaken Assault Vest Tapu Bulu for your Greninja to sweep, though you should ask yourself how likely it is that they switch in or stay in to a Landorus), Hidden Power Ice (for Zygarde), Hidden Power Fire (for Kartana). Ultimately there is no correct solution out of these options, as each solves a different problem, though I think that Knock Off is the move that works well in the most scenarios. We can run Gunk Shot or Ice Beam on Greninja. Here is the Landorus set:

EVs: 248 HP / 194 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
The speed EVs are so that we speed creep other defensive Landorus as we do not want to be hit by HP Ice when we find ourselves in the ever so common Lando v Lando situation.

Finally, I will address the Greninja. I think that U-Turn is wasting a moveslot on Greninja when we could be using it for a great coverage move (this is our designated sweeper after all) or Spikes. Since our team cannot break past Assault Vest Tapu Bulu that easily, I propose Gunk Shot - which Greninja got as of Ultra Sun and Moon's release. Here is a calc: 0- Atk Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 228-272 (66.4 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
As you can see, if you predict the Bulu to come in and nail it with a Gunk Shot, you are 2HKOing it. Also, Bulu is prone to being chipped over the course of the battle having to switch into U-Turns from Landorus, Thunderbolts from Thundurus, Stealth Rocks damage, etc.
An alternative to this is Ice Beam or Spikes. Ice Beam hits Tangrowth harder and Spikes allow for more chip damage on certain things. One thing we could do is have HP Ice on our Landorus (for opposing Landorus), then (as nubzie said) HP Flying on Thundurus and then have Spikes on Greninja.

Here is one version of the team:
Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
Here is another version of the team:
Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
I put Leftovers on the HP Ice Lando so that it works as a Zygarde switch-in, as we need recovery from Thousand Arrows or we get weakened very quickly.

I hope you like my changes. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Hey rinascere! Pretty cool team you have there! I like the idea of having breakers with heal support. However, there are some changes to be made and some you might actually not agree with. I am trying to find a good balance, though.

Overview:
The team has a nice concept to it. The problem that I see, however, is that Healing Wish on its own, especially on choice locked Pokémon, is just way too passive for the meta, hence the umpcoming change. While I also love to use Tentacruel, I do not think this team is a good fit for it. It needs to be supported by multiple counters for the enormous amount of threats it has. Rock Tomb on Landorus-Therian is also something I do not fully understand. I get that you want to hit Mega-Pinsir reliably, but what is the point of that, when an opposing Landorus-Therian or a Zygarde become a threat for Mega-Pinsir instead? A not very common, but potent, sweeper.
Those are the main things that cam into my mind while having taken a look at it the first time.
What is your team weak to?
:
As I have explained above, you have no good measures for Zygarde whatsoever. The lack of Hidden Power [Ice] on Landorus-Therian lets you have no counter-measures to any of its sets. Substitue sets are especially difficult for your team to deal with because it just has so many opportunities to.
: Tyranitar seems to be a huge threat for your team. This is mainly coming from the fact that your Mega-Mawile cannot outspeed the standard Choice Band Tyranitar. Greninja can scare it out, but it is going to find a lot of opportunites to come in. It also traps the Latias essentially forcing you to Healing Wish everytime it comes in. A great threat that needs to be countered somehow.
How can you improve your team?
Major Changes:
>
:
This change is supposed to cover your Zygarde weakness for the most part. It is also a Pokémon that a numerous amount of Pokémon on your team, especially Mega-Mawile, profit off of. It is an extremely sustainable Pokémon with little to no drawbacks at all. Stone Edge because you might seem kind of weak to Volcarona after the change.
>
:
It is no secret that Toxapex outclasses Tentacruel in almost any way, shape, or form. The only thing that is missing after the change is a removal which is going to be covered in the upcoming changes.
Minor Changes:
>
(
) :
Now, I do have to admit that I am not a big a fan of Rocky Helmet Landorus-Therian. It gets chipped so easily. As easily to the point that Zygarde can still come out on top at the end versus it. I decided to go with Leftovers instead and replace Rock Tomb with Hidden Power [Ice] instead. Hidden Power [Ice] gives you yet another way of beating Zygarde. With said change you should be able to handle almost every Zygarde set well.
>
(
) :
Ash-Greninja is a pretty potent Pokémon, that goes without saying. The question here is, how do I use it? I decided to go with a Spikes set. The set is intended to support Mawile in its role to stallbreak. I chose Waterium Z because it frees up Ash-Greninja's moveslot by a ton, so that it can pressure Mega-Sableye more effectively. The result of that is Spikes, of course.
>
(
) :
So now that we added the Z-Move to Ash-Greninja, we have to remove it on here. I decided to make Thundurus-Therian my speed controll. I am also running Defog on it as well as Volt Switch. This might sound weird at first, but the main reason I suggested that set was to have a more or less reliable speed control that can remove hazards in bad situations. I think Thundurus-Therian fits this role fairly well. It also outspeeds sweppers like Mega-Gyarados at +1 or Mega-Pinsir, which is a fiarly nice addition.
Knock Off > Fire Fang / Spread Change (
) :
I do not think Fire Fang in conjunction with Swords Dance is needed on Mega-Mawile. You either run four attacks, or you run Swords Dance three attacks and I have chosen the latter. This comes with a lot of advantages, but some disadvantages as well. Mega-Mawile becomes an excellent stall breaker now, now that it has Knock Off. It can cut through balanced teams like a knife through butter. However, Ferrothorn can kind of become a nuisance to the team.
Conclusion:
All in all the team looks solid now. It is not weak to too many things, except for those Pokémon that almost every team is weak to (Mega Medicham, Tapu Lele). Let me know if you understood my points and what you think about the team and my suggestions! And if you have any question you can ask them any time. With that being said, have fun with the team and good luck with your future team, whatever team that might be!

Last edited:
Hey rinascere! Pretty cool team you have there! I like the idea of having breakers with heal support. However, there are some changes to be made and some you might actually not agree with. I am trying to find a good balance, though.

Overview:
The team has a nice concept to it. The problem that I see, however, is that Healing Wish on its own, especially on choice locked Pokémon, is just way too passive for meta, hence the umpcoming change. While I also love to use Tentacruel, I do not think this team is a good fit for it. It needs to be supported by multiple counters for the enormous amount of threats it has. Rock Tomb on Landorus-Therian is also something I do not fully understand. I get that you want to hit Mega-Pinsir reliably, but what is the point of that, when an opposing Landorus-Therian or a Zygarde become a threat for Mega-Pinsir instead? A not very common, but potent, sweeper.
Those are the main things that cam into my mind while having taken a look at it the first time.
:
As I have explained above, you have no good measures for Zygarde whatsoever. The lack of Hidden Power [Ice] on Landorus-Therian lets you have no counter-measures to any of its sets. Substitue sets are especially difficult for your team to deal with because it just has so many opportunities to.
: Tyranitar seems to be a huge threat for your team. This is mainly coming from the fact that your Mega-Mawile cannot outspeed the standard Choice Band Tyranitar. Greninja can scare it out, but it is going to find a lot of opportunites to come in. It also traps the Latias essentially forcing you to Healing Wish everytime it comes in. A great threat that needs to be countered somehow.
Major Changes:
>
:
This change is supposed to cover your Zygarde weakness for the most part. It is also a Pokémon that a numerous amount of Pokémon on your team, especially Mega-Mawile, profit off of. It is an extremely sustainable Pokémon with little to no drawbacks at all. Stone Edge because you might seem kind of weak to Volcarona after the change.
>
:
It is no secret that Toxapex outclasses Tentacruel in almost any way, shape, or form. The only thing that is missing after the change is a removal which is going to be covered in the upcoming changes.
Minor Changes:
>
(
) :
Now, I do have to admit that I am not a big a fan of Rocky Helmet Landorus-Therian. It gets chipped so easily. As easily to the point that Zygarde can still come out on top at the end versus it. I decided to go with Leftovers instead and replace Rock Tomb with Hidden Power [Ice] instead. Hidden Power [Ice] gives you yet another way of beating Zygarde. With said change you should be able to handle almost every Zygarde set well.
>
(
) :
Ash-Greninja is a pretty potent Pokémon, that goes without saying. The question here is, how do I use it? I decided to go with a Spikes set. The set is intended to support Mawile in its role to stallbreak. I chose Waterium Z because it frees up Ash-Greninja's moveslot by a ton, so that it can pressure Mega-Sableye more effectively. The result of that is Spikes, of course.
>
(
) :
So now that we added the Z-Move to Ash-Greninja, we have to remove it on here. I decided to make Thundurus-Therian my speed controll. I am also running Defog on it as well as Volt Switch. This might sound weird at first, but the main reason I suggested that set was to have a more or less reliable speed control that can remove hazards in bad situations. I think Thundurus-Therian fits this role fairly well. It also outspeeds sweppers like Mega-Gyarados at +1 or Mega-Pinsir, which is a fiarly nice addition.
) :
I do not think Fire Fang in conjunction with Swords Dance is needed on Mega-Mawile. You either run four attacks, or you run Swords Dance three attacks and I have chosen the latter. This comes with a lot of advantages, but some disadvantages as well. Mega-Mawile becomes an excellent stall breaker now, now that it has Knock Off. It can cut through balanced teams like a knife through butter. However, Ferrothorn can kind of become a nuisance to the team.
Conclusion:
All in all the team looks solid now. It is not weak to too many things, except for those Pokémon that almost every team is weak to (Mega Medicham, Tapu Lele). Let me know if you understood my points and what you think about the team and my suggestions! And if you have any question you can ask them any time. With that being said, have fun with the team and good luck with your future team, whatever team that might be!
doesn't address the venusaur problem he said he faced btw prob just makes it worse not having a boosting thundurus and i've never tried this before but i'm pretty sure scarf thundurust isn't good at least on paper plus it just seems meh to me using defog on it when it's already sr weak & it's kinda meh 2 changing set to scarf when the original goal was to break with both mawile and thundurus.

btw i personally think rocky helmet landot is better than lefties when the team carries a bulu since that checks most zygarde variants well enuf unless its aurora veil double dance than hah, lefties isn't beating that too anyways, but anyways it's better coz it lets u somewhat spread chip to stuff like pinsir which snacks on av bulu.

i think it might be better to actually darkinium z over waterium at least it gives toxapex and venusaur a rude surprise from the right amt of hp with spikes up but mawile's capable of dismantling stall anyways even w/o spikes.

& y do ppl insist on pokepasting teams when there's literally no need to... clicking on unnecessary links is so shit coz u could potentially get something u dont want on ur device!!! not saying that u do it but that's the reason i don't like it & i'm paranoid.

doesn't address the venusaur problem he said he faced btw prob just makes it worse not having a boosting thundurus and i've never tried this before but i'm pretty sure scarf thundurust isn't good at least on paper plus it just seems meh to me using defog on it when it's already sr weak & it's kinda meh 2 changing set to scarf when the original goal was to break with both mawile and thundurus.

btw i personally think rocky helmet landot is better than lefties when the team carries a bulu since that checks most zygarde variants well enuf unless its aurora veil double dance than hah, lefties isn't beating that too anyways, but anyways it's better coz it lets u somewhat spread chip to stuff like pinsir which snacks on av bulu.

i think it might be better to actually darkinium z over waterium at least it gives toxapex and venusaur a rude surprise from the right amt of hp with spikes up but mawile's capable of dismantling stall anyways even w/o spikes.

& y do ppl insist on pokepasting teams when there's literally no need to... clicking on unnecessary links is so shit coz u could potentially get something u dont want on ur device!!! not saying that u do it but that's the reason i don't like it & I'm paranoid.
Pex adresses the Venusaur problem enough, I believe. Once it is burnt, Mawile gets a free switch in.

Rocky Helmet is literally personal preference, but I think Leftovers on this team works a lot better than Rocky Helmet.

Waterium is meant for Sableye and Sableye alone. There is no Toxapex you need to hit. If he goes Toxapex, just click Spikes. Also, Mawile needs support regardless (Toxapex, Clefable, Quagsire)

Last edited:
yea,

venusaur carrying hp fire is common at least i would run it coz i hate ferrothorn setting spikes on venusaur for free. it outspeeds and not sure abt calcs but might be able to 2hko if not 3hko at worst & mawile isn't ever beating venusaur w/o iron head, so idk what u mean by free switches even w/ the burn on venusaur.

sure, about the rocky helmet, it's personal preference w/e but i can tell u as well rocky helmet helps with av bulu's attempts to recover aside which really benefits ashgren aside from the chip on attempts to pivot on irritating shit to the team like pinsir & medicham.

i honestly think darkinium z is better than waterium z coz it comes with the added bonus of securing surprise kos on toxapex, venusaur & ferrothorn even. the damage output of black hole eclipse vs. hydro vortex is prob like an 8-10% max diff which u can argue makes a difference v. sableye but stall isn't even that common & waterium z is scoutable by dmg calcs, once gren is burned and if 1 doesn't get the necessary flinches with dark pulse it's never breaking sableye. dark z comes at the cost of slightly less dmg vs. sableye but it literally makes it soo much better vs. venusaur, toxapex & ferrothorn esp, which is actually somewhat a nuisance to deal with as well for this coz dark pulse w/o specs bounces off and it's gna spike up and leech everything to irritate the shit out of the entire team. mawile doesn't even carry fire fang on ur version so just lol. spikes av mag isn't a problem for this coz pex is free if that comes out.

i'm done arguing with this lol, w/e u said mostly doesn't make sense to me.

Overview:
The team has a nice concept to it. The problem that I see, however, is that Healing Wish on its own, especially on choice locked Pokémon, is just way too passive for the meta, hence the umpcoming change. While I also love to use Tentacruel, I do not think this team is a good fit for it. It needs to be supported by multiple counters for the enormous amount of threats it has. Rock Tomb on Landorus-Therian is also something I do not fully understand. I get that you want to hit Mega-Pinsir reliably, but what is the point of that, when an opposing Landorus-Therian or a Zygarde become a threat for Mega-Pinsir instead? A not very common, but potent, sweeper.
:
Major Changes:
>
:
>
:
Minor Changes:
>
(
) :
>
(
) :
>
(
) :
) :
Conclusion:
Sorry that I did't have time to reply because of exams :(
Well, I think the team really becomes solid with you improvement.
It is not like the previous team lol, but after all, I think it is a nice balanced team and would try if I can master it.
The only problem maybe Mega-Venusaur, because this team still has no effective way to beat it...

Thank you for your rate!

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
The team has a nice concept to it. The problem that I see, however, is that Healing Wish on its own, especially on choice locked Pokémon, is just way too passive for the meta, hence the umpcoming change.
What? Healing Wish is a suicide move, it's a great choice on Latias and grants momentum to the user, and as it KOs the user, being choice locked has no effect here. I believe you are thinking about normal Wish, which would definitely be a suboptimal choice here.

Hey there rinascere this looks like a fun team :) There are some things that I would change, however.
First, I'd change the Mawile set. I would actually recommend a Pinsir here, but since this is a Mawile team, we'll stick with Mawile. As nubzie above me said, speed is good on Mawile to outrun things such as Magearna, Celesteela, etc. I put Thunder Punch over Fire Fang because the team is incredibly Pinsir weak. Thundurus already breaks through Ferrothorn with All-out Pummeling.

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance

I am not too big a fan of Tentacruel in today's metagame as (besides removal) Toxapex does its job much better as it has Regenerator and Recover. Tentacruel also doesn't beat Venusaur (which yours is aiming to do) as many carry either Knock Off or Earthquake. So, I am going to replace Tentacruel with Toxapex. Haze is to stop set-up sweepers like Shift Gear or Calm Mind Magearna.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

I like the idea of Rock Tomb, but I think that there are better options such as Knock Off (removing Leftovers, Assault Vests or even Choice Scarfs off opposing Pokemon that threaten this offensive team is great), Sludge Wave (To weaken Assault Vest Tapu Bulu for your Greninja to sweep, though you should ask yourself how likely it is that they switch in or stay in to a Landorus), Hidden Power Ice (for Zygarde), Hidden Power Fire (for Kartana). Ultimately there is no correct solution out of these options, as each solves a different problem, though I think that Knock Off is the move that works well in the most scenarios. We can run Gunk Shot or Ice Beam on Greninja. Here is the Landorus set:

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
The speed EVs are so that we speed creep other defensive Landorus as we do not want to be hit by HP Ice when we find ourselves in the ever so common Lando v Lando situation.

Finally, I will address the Greninja. I think that U-Turn is wasting a moveslot on Greninja when we could be using it for a great coverage move (this is our designated sweeper after all) or Spikes. Since our team cannot break past Assault Vest Tapu Bulu that easily, I propose Gunk Shot - which Greninja got as of Ultra Sun and Moon's release. Here is a calc: 0- Atk Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 228-272 (66.4 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
As you can see, if you predict the Bulu to come in and nail it with a Gunk Shot, you are 2HKOing it. Also, Bulu is prone to being chipped over the course of the battle having to switch into U-Turns from Landorus, Thunderbolts from Thundurus, Stealth Rocks damage, etc.
An alternative to this is Ice Beam or Spikes. Ice Beam hits Tangrowth harder and Spikes allow for more chip damage on certain things. One thing we could do is have HP Ice on our Landorus (for opposing Landorus), then (as nubzie said) HP Flying on Thundurus and then have Spikes on Greninja.

Here is one version of the team:
Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
Here is another version of the team:
Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
I put Leftovers on the HP Ice Lando so that it works as a Zygarde switch-in, as we need recovery from Thousand Arrows or we get weakened very quickly.

I hope you like my changes. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)
Thank you for your rate!
After changing Tantacruel to Toxapex, this team would have no defoger which can become of a serious problem so I'm still trying to improve that.
Also, Latias is really weak to Tyranitar so I considered about another HWer Jirachi who can Iron Head it.
This is my second version.
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Flying

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Icy Wind

Serious Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
What? Healing Wish is a suicide move, it's a great choice on Latias and grants momentum to the user, and as it KOs the user, being choice locked has no effect here. I believe you are thinking about normal Wish, which would definitely be a suboptimal choice here.
I was mainly thinking of trappers here. Like, what are you going to do about a Tyranitar switching in? Well, double because it cannot do anything to Tyranitar. And it is a momentum draining move in that case if you ask me.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I was mainly thinking of trappers here. Like, what are you going to do about a Tyranitar switching in? Well, double because it cannot do anything to Tyranitar. And it is a momentum draining move in that case if you ask me.
Well, if you were to healing wish on a tyranitar switch in (given it is later into the match, otherwise you would double out), you would faint and reset momentum in your favor, as you can now bring in a completely healthy answer to the tyranitar.

Well, if you were to healing wish on a tyranitar switch in (given it is later into the match, otherwise you would double out), you would faint and reset momentum in your favor, as you can now bring in a completely healthy answer to the tyranitar.
Latias' Healing Wish is only for late game whereas Tyranitar is for mid game. It would force you to double on it everytime which can also go wrong after doing it repeatedly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)