Goetia was right
Approved by Fireburn | Image drawn by Bummer | Idea from Creator of Chaos | Project taken over from overdose
Pokémon teams rely on offensive and defensive synergy to function. Despite this, cores of certain Pokémon may hold a distinct advantage over some teams, because of the nature of Pokémon teams and the multitude of threats that have to be covered. The premise of this thread is to analyze popular teams and derive cores of viable Pokémon which excel when matching up to the team. Hopefully, this exercise helps you with your teambuilding process and analysis of Pokémon teams!
- I will post an Ubers team comprised of 6 Pokémon.
- For 3-4 days after that post, posters will have the chance to reserve and post a core, consisting of 2 or 3 viable Pokémon, which threaten the aforementioned team.
- When the week is up, there will be a voting period of 1-2 days in which you decide ,which core "Breaks This Team", most effectively.
- On a side note, please don’t be insulted if your nomination doesn’t make the OP. There will be many other opportunities. Also, a hall of fame will be created to reward users who consistently contribute good nominations.
- Please follow up your reservations in a timely fashion, ideally within 24 hours. If you don't finish your reservation in a timely manner, I will allow someone else to take the Pokémon you reserved. Please do not make a habit out of not following up on your reservation
- Please post only Pokémon that are viable in Ubers. This means they should be listed on the viability rankings thread. NOTE: With this rule, I will more than willing to exercise leniency rather than enforcing it strictly. I don't want to discourage contributions, so if someone would like to mention a Pokemon that's threatening to the core and unlisted in the Viability Rankings, that's fine as long as they provide a genuine explanation behind their choice. Of course, the majority of threats and partners posted here should still be ones viable in Ubers and listed on the Viability Rankings. However, there's no harm in having some unranked Pokemon posted every now.
- Make sure the combination of Pokemon you've submitted, have viable sets and can also present itself as the backbone for a well-constructed team.
- When posting a core, please explain yourself. Calculations aren't necessary, but please have a coherent thought process or reasoning as to why you chose the core you did. Please also make sure to include a moveset and EV spread.
- Not really a rule but when voting, it's recommended to give a reason behind the core you're voting for.
- Please be respectful to others!
Core: by March Fires
Round 2 (Tie)
Core: by Britania
Core: by Aberforth
Core: by Hack
Core: by iampie
Core: by KyogreF4N
Core: by My Thunder
Core: by Holy Break