Pet Mod Break This Team: The Pet Mod [Slate 9: BTT OU] | OU Playable on DH

Should subs be single Pokemon or two-Pokemon cores?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Voting is closed! Here are the results!
Name: Kalamarson
Type: Grass / Fire
Ability: Flame Body / Flash Fire / Long Reach
Stats: 110 / 120 / 70 / 60 / 50 / 75
Moves: Absorb, Branch Poke, Close Combat, Clear Smog, Earth Power, Earthquake, Ember, Energy Ball, Explosion, Fire Blast, Fire Lash, Fire Punch, Fire Spin, Flame Burst, Flame Charge, Flamethrower, Flare Blitz, Giga Drain, Horn Leech, Leaf Blade, Mean Look, Ingrain, Octolock, Overheat, Power Whip, Razor Leaf, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Scratch, Screech, Self-Destruct, Smokescreen, Sunny Day, Swords Dance, Taunt, Vine Whip, Will-O-Wisp, Wrap

Name: Manurture
Type: Ground / Dark
Ability: Flower Veil / Grassy Surge
Stats: 50 / 145 / 135 / 75 / 55 / 65
Moves: Aromatherapy, Bite, Branch Poke, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Darkest Lariat, Dig, Earth Power, Earthquake, Fire Punch, Flamethrower, Grassy Glide, Gunk Shot, Hail, High Horsepower, Ice Beam, Ice Punch, Knock Off, Leaf Blade, Power Whip, Rain Dance, Razor Leaf, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Snarl, Spikes, Stomping Tantrum, Sunny Day, Synthesis, Tackle, Thunderbolt, Thunder Punch, U-turn, Vine Whip, Weather Ball, Worry Seed
Fakemon 1 Name: Mastodent
Typing: Ground / Steel
Ability: Hustle / Klutz
Stats: 95 / 115 / 110 / 60 / 80 / 55 [BST: 515]
Moves: Ancient Power, Avalanche, Bite, Block, Body Press, Body Slam, Bulldoze, Counter, Crunch, Defense Curl, Dig, Drill Run, Earth Power, Earthquake, Endeavor, Endure, Fissure, Flash Cannon, Gravity, Growl, Headbutt, Heavy Slam, High Horsepower, Hone Claws, Horn Attack, Horn Drill, Ice Shard, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Mud-Slap, Roar, Rock Slide, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Rollout, Sandstorm, Stealth Rock, Steel Beam, Stomping Tantrum, Strength, Superpower, Switcheroo, Tackle, Take Down

Fakemon 2 Name: Gharialpe
Typing: Water / Ice
Ability: Intimidate / Rough Skin / Strong Jaw
Stats: 111 / 105 / 125 / 50 / 85 / 29 [BST: 505]
Moves: Aerial Ace, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Assurance, Avalanche, Bite, Blizzard, Body Press, Body Slam, Bulk Up, Confide, Crunch, Curse, Cut, Detect, Dive, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Tail, Embargo, Encore, Flail, Focus Energy, Freeze Dry, Grass Knot, Hail, Haze, Heal Bell, Hone Claws, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Ice Fang, Icicle Crash, Icicle Spear, Icy Wind, Iron Tail, Leer, Life Dew, Liquidation, Mist, Night Slash, Outrage, Parting Shot, Powder Snow, Psychic Fangs, Rain Dance, Refresh, Rock Smash, Scary Face, Scratch, Shadow Claw, Slash, Snarl, Spikes, Spite, Surf, Swords Dance, Taunt, Thrash, Thunder Fang, Torment, Triple Axel, Waterfall, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Whirlpool, Wish, Yawn
Congrats to zxgzxg and Tapler for winning with Kalamarson + Manurture and Mastodent + Gharialpe, respectively!
SubmissionVote Count
Kalamarson + Manurture (zxgzxg)3 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 3 (+1) = 15
Mastodent + Gharialpe (Tapler)2 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 11
Lemontic + Chemiclysm (DuoM2)1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 (+1) = 6

And that's all for now! We'll be taking a break to finalize movepools, playtest, nerf and buff thigns, and do a little spriting (no rush on this last one, first three are priority). If you'd like to help out with any of this, join the Discord (if you haven't already) so we can all communicate better. All right, see you guys again after the break!

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Hello.

Quick update on how things are going: most of the movepools have been completed, so the mod has been sent off to be coded! I will let you guys know when this mod is live on DH, so stay tuned 'till then. Sorry for the lack of activity :\

On another note, DuoM2 and I have been working on some epic sprites so you don't have to stare at empty squares when playing this meta! Here they are:
1615835371320.png

Big thanks to Duo for helping out! Of course, if you would like to help with sprites or anything else, don't hesitate to contact me or the other council members!

One last thing I'd like to mention: where do we want to go now? Once playtesting starts, we need to rebalance and break some teams from our adjusted meta, but do we want to move tiers (specifically to Ubers or UU) after that? Or do we want to stay in OU? I've created a poll so I can know what you guys think!

Ok, that's all from me! I hope I can bring some more good news soon!

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Going to post my thoughts on this poll.

I could see people not being too interested in continuing with OU for too long, but there is one thing that might make for an interesting way to spice things up. Once coding this gets finished, and if the mod gets a decent amount of play, we'll definitely have a few teams with the Fakemon. I think it might be pretty fun to try to break the new teams with these Fakemon on them. If the format sees too little play, then OU is a no-go for sure, as I don't think we should spend too much time in one place if we plan on doing other tiers. Even so, I could definitely see people not being in the same boat as me, and having teams with the Fakemon on them might not be enough to hold others' interests like they could be with mine.

UU would be a very safe call. It's obviously not the same tier as OU even with the different power level aside, but it's not super different either, and it's still different enough to still be a breath of fresh air. You're just preparing for different threats, and maybe some playstyles will end up being more prominent than others and will need more counterplay made. A pretty easy, but still good option.

I'm not completely sure how I feel about Ubers, mostly since it's largely uncharted territory for me. No matter what it's going to be vastly different from OU. The tier's focus on just being playable rather than being balanced could lead to some interesting stuff where we could end up "fixing" the tier, since a ton of teams have Pokemon like Calyrex-Shadow with exceedingly limited counterplay. We'll inevitably have to come up with ways of beating them without adding more crazy broken stuff to the pile. I don't know how easy that will be though, since we're going to have to make all of these as if it's 2v6 and trying to do that against a bunch of crazy good offensive Pokemon might make it difficult to have any balanced defensive options. I might be totally wrong on this, though, and it'd definitely be very cool to see it done right.

I don't know how I'd list these best to worst and so I probably won't be voting on the poll but would probably be fine with all of them.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Results of poll:
1616462615445.png

Normally I'd ask for a bigger majority, but I planned on voting Ubers too, so it's all good :)

So with that, we are going to take on the SS Ubers Metagame! Luckily, this won't affect playtesting for the OU metagame.

A few things to keep in mind:
  • The Fakemon we made in the OU phase will be usable in the Ubers metagame (idk if they'll be good tho)
  • Just because it says "Ubers" does not mean you're allowed to go crazy with the power level. Try to keep a "too strong for OU" mindset as you craft Fakemon
  • You may include things on the move/ability banlist, but please be careful
  • From now on please try to alphebatize your moves. Makes it easier for the coders
Ok, slate time:

Slate 8:
Scarf Calyrex-S + Specs Kyogre Balance
By: Icemaster
:ss/calyrex-shadow::ss/zygarde-complete::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane::ss/yveltal::ss/eternatus::ss/kyogre:
Click the sprites for the Pokepaste!

This team literally only has the biggest threats in Ubers right now (I'm not kidding, it's literally six out of eight Pokemon in S to A+), so I think it'll be a great start for us to knock them down a peg or two! Submissions will last until Monday, March 29. Have fun!

Also, kakaks is stepping down from council.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
Going to alphabetize and fill out the movepools further if any of these end up winning, but not yet.

Fakemon 1 Name: Eeriel
Typing: Water/Dark
Ability: Inner Focus / --- / Lightning Rod
Stats: 80/90/80/90/150/80 (570)
Moves: Scald, Recover, Knock Off, U-Turn, Surf, Hydro Pump, Dark Pulse, Crunch, Leech Life, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Aqua Tail, Liquidation

Fakemon 2 Name: Arachwich
Typing: Bug/Poison
Ability: Poison Point / --- / Aroma Veil
Stats: 110/80/110/80/110/110 (600)
Moves: Whirlwind, Slack Off, Toxic, Seismic Toss, Retrieval, Lunge, Leech Life, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Sucker Punch, Dragon Tail, Bug Buzz, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave

Eerieel @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Recover
- U-turn

Arachwich @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Aroma Veil
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

I really want to try and add more defensive mons to Ubers, so here's my first of probably many attempts at that. Despite 80/150 special bulk seeming really crazy, even this isn't a perfect stop to Kyogre. Specs Water Spout still does insane damage, even with a chance to 2HKO from full, but keeping up full HP isn't easy. Even after one layer of any damaging hazard it becomes a very sturdy counter. You can also take on Calyrex pretty well and can annoy Yveltal, since neither it nor the rest of its team like taking a Knock Off barring Eternatus and Necrozma. After a Knock it's kind of passive outside of U-Turn and gets set up on pretty easily by Substitute Zygarde. Toxic is really bad, and Calyrex Trick makes things way more annoying but they only get one shot to give you their Scarf and you can still perform the job you need to even so.

Arachwich is a Zygarde counter. Bug/Poison is a super cool typing that checks Zygarde for Eeriel on top of not caring about Toxic. You kinda rely on Boots, but that's not an issue against a team where the only form of item removal they have is a Pokemon that forces you out anyways. This is a Pokemon where all I needed it to do was beat Zygarde and switch in on Toxic so I wanted it to design it around the rest of Ubers as well, and with its typing and bulk, it makes for a pretty good check to Xerneas and Zacian as well, although Zacian can run Psychic Fangs on Banded sets so you need to be careful. I didn't need anything from its ability so I just gave it Taunt immunity for a nice perk.

Fakemon 1 Name: Soleir
Typing: Electric/Fire
Ability: Drought / --- / Desolate Land
Stats: 86/121/85/90/106/112 (600)
Moves: Flare Blitz, Zing Zap, Volt Switch, Knock Off, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Wild Charge, Solar Beam, Sunny Day

Fakemon 2 Name: Glorealis
Typing: Ice/Normal
Ability: Clear Body
Stats: 118/74/118/146/110/104 (670)
Moves: Ice Beam, Recover, U-Turn, Heal Bell, Spikes, Hyper Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Blizzard, Flash Cannon, Healing Wish, Triple Axel, Double-Edge

Soleir @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Zing Zap
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off

Glorealis @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- U-turn
- Heal Bell

Soleir is meant to be an offensive switchin to Kyogre. Desolate Land means that Water moves do nothing, Thunder only has 50% accuracy, and both it and Ice Beam are resisted. Specs Ice Beam only does around 30% at maximum, so although Kyogre can technically chip you down throughout a match, Ubers matches tend to be fast and that prevents it from using any other move if it wants to make progress. It would help if Kyogre had Knock Off support, but it doesn't. You also break through Yveltal and Necrozma with ease, although Calyrex can force you out and you can't really damage Eternatus or especially Zygarde. I also could easily change the fourth slot if needed but Knock screws with Zygarde and Eternatus at least a little bit.

That's where Glorealis comes in as a switchin to Zygarde and Calyrex that can also break through Eternatus. Your bulk is good enough that Zygarde can't do much to threaten you within the one or two turns it'll get depending on what buttons it clicks, and Jungle Healing means you can't get scared too bad by Toxic. This may not look like a Calyrex check considering how notorious that mon is but the fact that its only way of hitting you is with an unboosted Psyshock means that you actually take it pretty nicely. Eternatus Mystical Fire fails to 2HKO and Clear Body means you can't get Sp. Atk dropped, and so you will always be able to 2HKO.

Last edited:
Fakemon 1 Name: Evilynx (Evil + Lynx)
Typing: Dark/Ice
Ability: Tough Claws / Slush Rush (H: Strong Jaw)
Stats: 70/100/75/55/70/150
Moves: Sucker Punch, Icicle Crash, Hone Claws, Parting Shot, Ice Fang, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Freeze-Dry, Aurora Beam, Frost Breath, Icy Wind, Hail, Aurora Veil, Crunch, Lash Out, Night Slash, Knock Off, Bite, Dark Pulse, Snarl, Nasty Plot, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Double-Edge, Take Down, Body Slam, Protect, Facade, Attract, Rest, Round, Snore, Sleep Talk, Superpower, Iron Tail, Psychic Fangs, Thunder Fang, Roar, Hyper Fang
Evilynx @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Att / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Ice Fang
- Sucker Punch/Knock Off
- Parting Shot
Description: This pokemon is a set-up sweeper with high speed and some great offensive capabilities. It hits Calyrex-Shadow & Necrozma-Dusk from super effective damage with its dark moves. It hits Zygarde, Yveltal, & Eternatus hard with its Ice moves. It's only problem is Kyogre which it can parting shot out into something that can take it on. Necrozma-Dusk also can wall Evilynx fairly hard with most sets except for Evilynx's ability to parting shot out.

Fakemon 2 Name: Hadeel (Hades + Eel)
Typing: Water/Ground
Ability: Water Absorb (H: Water Veil)
Stats: 150/20/100/15/100/50
Moves: Taunt, Torment, Liquidation, Scald, Surf, Dive, Hydro Pump, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Bite, Feint Attack, Foul Play, Lash Out, Flip Turn, Terrain Pulse, Memento, Double-Edge, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Jaw Lock, Fishious Rend, Knock Off, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Body Slam, Protect, Facade, Attract, Rest, Round, Growl, Roar, Snore, Sleep Talk, Toxic, Nightmare, Scary Face, Wrap, Recover, Earthquake, Earth Power, Fissure, Leer, Scorching Sands, Lava Plume, Flamethrower, Mud-Slap
Hadeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Knock Off/Foul Play
- Flip Turn
Description: A very bulky pokemon with access to toxic, recovery and other tools to do some great things. It beats Kyogre and Necro by tanking their hits fairly well. Its only problem is it can't poison necro so it has to deal with it without toxic damage.

btw this is my first sub so if I did something wrong please don't be rude about it and instead message me directly.

Last edited:
Fakemon 1 Name: Alpacrysta (Alpaca + Crystal)
Typing:

Ability: Intimidate / Sap Sipper / Fluffy
Stats: 75 / 110 / 85 / 110 / 80 / 140 (600 BST)
Moves:
Learns Universal TMs
- Avalanche, Body Slam, Brick Break, Bulldoze, Dig, Double-Edge, Facade, Fling, Giga Impact, Headbutt, Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Mega Kick, Mud Slap, Nuzzle, Payback, Quick Attack, Rock Slide, Spark, Tackle, Wild Charge, Zen Headbutt, Aqua Tail, Assurance, Beat Up, Bite, Bounce, Close Combat, Counter, Crunch, Drill Run, Earthquake, Extreme Speed, Fake Out, Feint, First Impression, Flail, Gunk Shot, Head Smash, Ice Fang, Icicle Crash, Knock Off, Lash Out, Last Resort, Lick, Play Rough, Pound, Psychic Fangs, Rapid Spin, Seed Bomb, Stomping Tantrum, Sucker Punch, Throat Chop, Thunder Fang, Zing Zap
- Blizzard, Freeze-Dry, Frost Breath, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Powder Snow, Water Pulse, Weather Ball, Charge Beam, Discharge, Electro Ball, Grass Knot, Rising Voltage, Shock Wave, Thunder, Thunder Shock, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Aurora Beam, Belch, Clear Smog, Dark Pulse, Disarming Voice, Draining Kiss, Energy Ball, Final Gambit, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Scorching Sands, Sludge Bomb, Snarl, Surf
- Aurora Veil, Agility, Charge, Eerie Impulse, Electric Terrain, Hail, Iron Defense, Light Screen, Magnet Rise, Mimic, Mist, Rain Dance, Reflect, Safeguard, Tail Whip, Acupressure, Amnesia, Baby-Doll Eyes, Baton Pass, Calm Mind, Charm, Cotton Guard, Defense Curl, Encore, Glare, Helping Hand, Laser Focus, Mean Look, Nasty Plot, Pain Split, Parting Shot, Simple Beam, Slack Off, Switcheroo, Swords Dance, Yawn
Description:

Fakemon 2 is a W.I.P.

Fakemon 1 Name: Frozalisk
Typing: Ice / Grass
Ability: Ice Scales / Ice Body / Super Luck
Stats: 90/130/85/65/112/101
Moves: Icicle Crash, U-Turn, Leaf Blade, Spikes, Recover, Blizzard, Facade, Protect, Rest, Round, Sleep Talk, Snore, Substitute, Endure, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Hail, Avalanche, Attract, Rain Dance, Confide, Double Team, Frustration, Hidden Power, Return, Swagger, Toxic, Icicle Spear, Secret Power, Frost Breath, Powder Snow, Giga Impact, Body Slam, Headbutt, Water Pulse, Ice Shard, Rock Tomb, Reflect, Light Screen, Rock Slide, Safeguard, Double-Edge, Natural Gift, Rock Smash, Mist, Bulldoze, Freeze-Dry, Sheer Cold, Weather Ball, Strength, Aurora Veil, Ice Punch, Payback, Zen Headbutt, Mimic, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Encore, Mud-Slap, Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Swords Dance, Razor Leaf, Leaf Storm, Mega Drain
Frozalisk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Ice Scales
Jolly Nature
- U-Turn
- Icicle Crash
- Leaf Blade
- Spikes/Recover/Swords Dance

Description: Frozalisk is a fast physical sweeper. It outspeeds Kyogre, Yveltal, and Zygarde. Leaf Blade has a decent chance to OHKO Kyogre, and Icicle Crash OHKO's Zygarde and 2HKO's Yveltal and Eternatus, neither of which can kill it before it kills them, due to Ice Scales being one of the single strongest abilities ever created. It will do quite well even outside of this team, because it is very strong and very fast. Also it has dual screens, so thats cool too. Also theres swords dance.

Fakemon 2 Name: Delugloom
Typing: Ghost / Water
Ability: Pressure / Cursed Body / Technician
Stats: 92/125/90/50/115/85
Moves: Shadow Sneak, Poltergeist, Liquidation, Knock Off, Protect, Rain Dance, Rest, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Facade, Round, Snore, Surf, Attract, Double Team, Confide, Swagger, Toxic, Water Pulse, Frustration, Hidden Power, Endure, Icy Wind, Scald, Ice Beam, Dive, Blizzard, Secret Power, Hydro Pump, Hail, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Water Gun, Natural Gift, Captivate, Brine, Double-Edge, Mimic, Headbutt, Bubble Beam, Giga Impact, Rock Smash, Hyper Beam, Mud-Slap, Body Slam, Aqua Tail, Muddy Water, Curse, Strength, Mud Shot, Rock Tomb, Dig, Swift, Fling, Rock Slide, Take Down, Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball, Phantom Force, Astonish, Hex, Will-o-Wisp
Delugloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Poltergeist
- Liquidation
- Knock Off

Description: This one doesn't need to do anywhere near as much to the team being broken as Frozalisk did, because Frozalisk kills 2/3 of the team at a breakneck pace. However, it does a couple of very useful things, such as having a guaranteed 2HKO on Necrozma Dusk Mane with Poltergeist, and having a guaranteed OHKO on Calyrex-Shadow with Shadow Sneak. It has significantly more bulk than Frozalisk, due to lacking Ice Scales and being significantly slower. It forms a nice core with Frozalisk, due to checking the Fire-types Frozalisk dies to so badly.

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Fakemon 1 Name: Scarlycan [Scarlet + Lycan]
Typing: Dark
Stats: 76 / 138 / 77 / 121 / 77 / 111 (BST: 600)
Ability: Cute Charm / Misty Surge
Moves: Brick Break, Close Combat, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Encore, Flash Cannon, Foul Play, Knock Off, Memento, Moonblast, Nasty Plot, Parting Shot, Play Rough, Stealth Rock, Swords Dance, Taunt, Toxic Spikes, Trick
Agility, Assurance, Bite, Brick Break, Charm, Close Combat, Counter, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Encore, Fake Tears, Flash Cannon, Flatter, Foul Play, Fury Swipes, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Memento, Metal Claw, Moonblast, Nasty Plot, Parting Shot, Play Rough, Revenge, Scratch, Shadow Claw, Stealth Rock, Swift, Swords Dance, Taunt, Thief, Torment, Toxic Spikes, Trick

Fakemon 2 Name: Fritilous [Fritilary + Frivilous]
Typing: Grass / Water
Stats: 99 / 52 / 92 / 126 / 105 / 101 (BST: 575)
Abilities: Rain Dish / Competitive
Moves: Air Slash, Defog, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Haze, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Liquidation, Scald, Surf, Swords Dance, Synthesis, Quiver Dance, Toxic, U-turn, Waterfall + universal TMs

will update movepools later
Scarlycan @ Focus Sash / Terrain Extender
Ability: Misty Surge
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Memento
- Knock Off

Fritilous @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 100 Def / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Surf
- Ice Beam / Substitute

Lead off with Scarlycan, set up QDs with Fritilous, and win. Misty Terrain prevents Toxics from Zygarde and Eternatus, Competitive stops Snarls and Mystical Fires from Eternatus, and Memento makes setup slightly easier. If the opponent leads off with Zygarde, Taunt to prevent DD or Substitute shenanigans. Ice Beam hits Eternatus and Zygarde harder, but Substitute can be used if you're opponent is smart enough to Trick Calyrex-Shadow's scarf before Fritilous is able to set up 2 QDs, but Ice Beam kills Eternatus and Zygarde faster. Since Scarlycan can outspeed every Pokemon on the team, except Calyrex-Shadow, which it can live one Astral Barrage from, the Focus Sash is unnecessary and can use a Terrain Extender to give Fritilous more setup turns.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Fakemon 1 Name: Carnivil (Carnivore + Evil)
Typing: Dark/Grass
Ability: Dark Aura / Regenerator (HA)
Stats: 110 / 80 / 94 / 107 / 110 / 99 (600)
Moves: Giga Drain, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, U-turn, Energy Ball, Synthesis, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Close Combat
Carnivil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Darkest Lariat
- Dragon Pulse
- U-turn

Fakemon 2 Name: Misterine (Mist + Mystery + Siren)
Typing: Water/Fairy
Ability: Rain Dish / Misty Surge (HA)
Stats: 93 / 80 / 160 / 106 / 53 / 78 (570)
Moves: Scald, Draining Kiss, Calm Mind, Substitute, Recover, Surf, Hydro Pump, Moonblast, Moonlight, Mystical Fire, Psychic
Misterine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Description: Carnivil is the main check to Calyrex-Shadow, Kyogre and Zygarde, with the added bonus of being solid against Eternatus and Yveltal. It tanks the hits from those five really well while staying healthy with Regenerator. Toxic from Zygarde and Eternatus are annoying, but Misterine comes into those two without trouble and the Misty Terrain helps Carnivil check Zygarde more easily. Misterine can take a Sunsteel Strike from Necrozma-DM without having it's sub being broken. It also completely hard walls Zygarde, Eternatus and Yveltal and using them as set-up fodder.
The main issue this teams has is Necrozma-DM since Misterine has to be careful when 1v1 it. Also Trick from Calyrex-S is also annoying, but Carnivil is still a good check to Kyogre and Calyrex-S and still able to live 2 hits from Necrozma-DM.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Voting time! Vote for your three favorite subs in order! Voting will close Thursday, April 1st.
Going to alphabetize and fill out the movepools further if any of these end up winning, but not yet.

Fakemon 1 Name: Eeriel
Ability: Inner Focus / --- / Lightning Rod
Stats: 80/90/80/90/150/80 (570)
Moves: Scald, Recover, Knock Off, U-Turn, Surf, Hydro Pump, Dark Pulse, Crunch, Leech Life, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Aqua Tail, Liquidation

Fakemon 2 Name: Arachwich
Typing: Bug/Poison
Ability: Poison Point / --- / Aroma Veil
Stats: 110/80/110/80/110/110 (600)
Moves: Whirlwind, Slack Off, Toxic, Seismic Toss, Retrieval, Lunge, Leech Life, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Sucker Punch, Dragon Tail, Bug Buzz, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave

Eerieel @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightning Rod
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Recover
- U-turn

Arachwich @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Aroma Veil
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

I really want to try and add more defensive mons to Ubers, so here's my first of probably many attempts at that. Despite 80/150 special bulk seeming really crazy, even this isn't a perfect stop to Kyogre. Specs Water Spout still does insane damage, even with a chance to 2HKO from full, but keeping up full HP isn't easy. Even after one layer of any damaging hazard it becomes a very sturdy counter. You can also take on Calyrex pretty well and can annoy Yveltal, since neither it nor the rest of its team like taking a Knock Off barring Eternatus and Necrozma. After a Knock it's kind of passive outside of U-Turn and gets set up on pretty easily by Substitute Zygarde. Toxic is really bad, and Calyrex Trick makes things way more annoying but they only get one shot to give you their Scarf and you can still perform the job you need to even so.

Arachwich is a Zygarde counter. Bug/Poison is a super cool typing that checks Zygarde for Eeriel on top of not caring about Toxic. You kinda rely on Boots, but that's not an issue against a team where the only form of item removal they have is a Pokemon that forces you out anyways. This is a Pokemon where all I needed it to do was beat Zygarde and switch in on Toxic so I wanted it to design it around the rest of Ubers as well, and with its typing and bulk, it makes for a pretty good check to Xerneas and Zacian as well, although Zacian can run Psychic Fangs on Banded sets so you need to be careful. I didn't need anything from its ability so I just gave it Taunt immunity for a nice perk.

Moves: Flare Blitz, Zing Zap, Volt Switch, Knock Off, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Wild Charge, Solar Beam, Sunny Day

Moves: Ice Beam, Recover, U-Turn, Heal Bell, Spikes, Hyper Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Blizzard, Flash Cannon, Healing Wish, Triple Axel, Double-Edge

Soleir @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Desolate Land
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Zing Zap
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off

Glorealis @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- U-turn
- Heal Bell

Soleir is meant to be an offensive switchin to Kyogre. Desolate Land means that Water moves do nothing, Thunder only has 50% accuracy, and both it and Ice Beam are resisted. Specs Ice Beam only does around 30% at maximum, so although Kyogre can technically chip you down throughout a match, Ubers matches tend to be fast and that prevents it from using any other move if it wants to make progress. It would help if Kyogre had Knock Off support, but it doesn't. You also break through Yveltal and Necrozma with ease, although Calyrex can force you out and you can't really damage Eternatus or especially Zygarde. I also could easily change the fourth slot if needed but Knock screws with Zygarde and Eternatus at least a little bit.

That's where Glorealis comes in as a switchin to Zygarde and Calyrex that can also break through Eternatus. Your bulk is good enough that Zygarde can't do much to threaten you within the one or two turns it'll get depending on what buttons it clicks, and Jungle Healing means you can't get scared too bad by Toxic. This may not look like a Calyrex check considering how notorious that mon is but the fact that its only way of hitting you is with an unboosted Psyshock means that you actually take it pretty nicely. Eternatus Mystical Fire fails to 2HKO and Clear Body means you can't get Sp. Atk dropped, and so you will always be able to 2HKO.
Fakemon 1 Name: Evilynx (Evil + Lynx)
Typing: Dark/Ice
Ability: Tough Claws / Slush Rush (H: Strong Jaw)
Stats: 70/100/75/55/70/150
Moves: Sucker Punch, Icicle Crash, Hone Claws, Parting Shot, Ice Fang, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Freeze-Dry, Aurora Beam, Frost Breath, Icy Wind, Hail, Aurora Veil, Crunch, Lash Out, Night Slash, Knock Off, Bite, Dark Pulse, Snarl, Nasty Plot, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Double-Edge, Take Down, Body Slam, Protect, Facade, Attract, Rest, Round, Snore, Sleep Talk, Superpower, Iron Tail, Psychic Fangs, Thunder Fang, Roar, Hyper Fang
Evilynx @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Att / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Ice Fang
- Sucker Punch/Knock Off
- Parting Shot
Description: This pokemon is a set-up sweeper with high speed and some great offensive capabilities. It hits Calyrex-Shadow & Necrozma-Dusk from super effective damage with its dark moves. It hits Zygarde, Yveltal, & Eternatus hard with its Ice moves. It's only problem is Kyogre which it can parting shot out into something that can take it on. Necrozma-Dusk also can wall Evilynx fairly hard with most sets except for Evilynx's ability to parting shot out.

Fakemon 2 Name: Hadeel (Hades + Eel)
Typing: Water/Ground
Ability: Water Absorb (H: Water Veil)
Stats: 150/20/100/15/100/50
Moves: Taunt, Torment, Liquidation, Scald, Surf, Dive, Hydro Pump, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Bite, Feint Attack, Foul Play, Lash Out, Flip Turn, Terrain Pulse, Memento, Double-Edge, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Jaw Lock, Fishious Rend, Knock Off, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Body Slam, Protect, Facade, Attract, Rest, Round, Growl, Roar, Snore, Sleep Talk, Toxic, Nightmare, Scary Face, Wrap, Recover, Earthquake, Earth Power, Fissure, Leer, Scorching Sands, Lava Plume, Flamethrower, Mud-Slap
Hadeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Knock Off/Foul Play
- Flip Turn
Description: A very bulky pokemon with access to toxic, recovery and other tools to do some great things. It beats Kyogre and Necro by tanking their hits fairly well. Its only problem is it can't poison necro so it has to deal with it without toxic damage.

btw this is my first sub so if I did something wrong please don't be rude about it and instead message me directly.
Fakemon 1 Name: Frozalisk
Typing: Ice / Grass
Ability: Ice Scales / Ice Body / Super Luck
Stats: 90/130/85/65/112/101
Moves: Icicle Crash, U-Turn, Leaf Blade, Spikes, Recover, Blizzard, Facade, Protect, Rest, Round, Sleep Talk, Snore, Substitute, Endure, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Hail, Avalanche, Attract, Rain Dance, Confide, Double Team, Frustration, Hidden Power, Return, Swagger, Toxic, Icicle Spear, Secret Power, Frost Breath, Powder Snow, Giga Impact, Body Slam, Headbutt, Water Pulse, Ice Shard, Rock Tomb, Reflect, Light Screen, Rock Slide, Safeguard, Double-Edge, Natural Gift, Rock Smash, Mist, Bulldoze, Freeze-Dry, Sheer Cold, Weather Ball, Strength, Aurora Veil, Ice Punch, Payback, Zen Headbutt, Mimic, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Encore, Mud-Slap, Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Swords Dance, Razor Leaf, Leaf Storm, Mega Drain
Frozalisk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Ice Scales
Jolly Nature
- U-Turn
- Icicle Crash
- Leaf Blade
- Spikes/Recover/Swords Dance

Description: Frozalisk is a fast physical sweeper. It outspeeds Kyogre, Yveltal, and Zygarde. Leaf Blade has a decent chance to OHKO Kyogre, and Icicle Crash OHKO's Zygarde and 2HKO's Yveltal and Eternatus, neither of which can kill it before it kills them, due to Ice Scales being one of the single strongest abilities ever created. It will do quite well even outside of this team, because it is very strong and very fast. Also it has dual screens, so thats cool too. Also theres swords dance.

Fakemon 2 Name: Delugloom
Typing: Ghost / Water
Ability: Pressure / Cursed Body / Technician
Stats: 92/125/90/50/115/85
Moves: Shadow Sneak, Poltergeist, Liquidation, Knock Off, Protect, Rain Dance, Rest, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Facade, Round, Snore, Surf, Attract, Double Team, Confide, Swagger, Toxic, Water Pulse, Frustration, Hidden Power, Endure, Icy Wind, Scald, Ice Beam, Dive, Blizzard, Secret Power, Hydro Pump, Hail, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Water Gun, Natural Gift, Captivate, Brine, Double-Edge, Mimic, Headbutt, Bubble Beam, Giga Impact, Rock Smash, Hyper Beam, Mud-Slap, Body Slam, Aqua Tail, Muddy Water, Curse, Strength, Mud Shot, Rock Tomb, Dig, Swift, Fling, Rock Slide, Take Down, Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball, Phantom Force, Astonish, Hex, Will-o-Wisp
Delugloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Poltergeist
- Liquidation
- Knock Off

Description: This one doesn't need to do anywhere near as much to the team being broken as Frozalisk did, because Frozalisk kills 2/3 of the team at a breakneck pace. However, it does a couple of very useful things, such as having a guaranteed 2HKO on Necrozma Dusk Mane with Poltergeist, and having a guaranteed OHKO on Calyrex-Shadow with Shadow Sneak. It has significantly more bulk than Frozalisk, due to lacking Ice Scales and being significantly slower. It forms a nice core with Frozalisk, due to checking the Fire-types Frozalisk dies to so badly.
Moves: Brick Break, Close Combat, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Encore, Flash Cannon, Foul Play, Knock Off, Memento, Moonblast, Nasty Plot, Parting Shot, Play Rough, Stealth Rock, Swords Dance, Taunt, Toxic Spikes, Trick
Agility, Assurance, Bite, Brick Break, Charm, Close Combat, Counter, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Encore, Fake Tears, Flash Cannon, Flatter, Foul Play, Fury Swipes, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Memento, Metal Claw, Moonblast, Nasty Plot, Parting Shot, Play Rough, Revenge, Scratch, Shadow Claw, Stealth Rock, Swift, Swords Dance, Taunt, Thief, Torment, Toxic Spikes, Trick

Moves: Air Slash, Defog, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Haze, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Liquidation, Scald, Surf, Swords Dance, Synthesis, Quiver Dance, Toxic, U-turn, Waterfall + universal TMs

will update movepools later
Scarlycan @ Focus Sash / Terrain Extender
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Memento
- Knock Off

Fritilous @ Leftovers
EVs: 100 Def / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Surf
- Ice Beam / Substitute

Lead off with Scarlycan, set up QDs with Fritilous, and win. Misty Terrain prevents Toxics from Zygarde and Eternatus, Competitive stops Snarls and Mystical Fires from Eternatus, and Memento makes setup slightly easier. If the opponent leads off with Zygarde, Taunt to prevent DD or Substitute shenanigans. Ice Beam hits Eternatus and Zygarde harder, but Substitute can be used if you're opponent is smart enough to Trick Calyrex-Shadow's scarf before Fritilous is able to set up 2 QDs, but Ice Beam kills Eternatus and Zygarde faster. Since Scarlycan can outspeed every Pokemon on the team, except Calyrex-Shadow, which it can live one Astral Barrage from, the Focus Sash is unnecessary and can use a Terrain Extender to give Fritilous more setup turns.
Fakemon 1 Name: Carnivil (Carnivore + Evil)
Typing: Dark/Grass
Ability: Dark Aura / Regenerator (HA)
Stats: 110 / 80 / 94 / 107 / 110 / 99 (600)
Moves: Giga Drain, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, U-turn, Energy Ball, Synthesis, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Close Combat
Carnivil @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Darkest Lariat
- Dragon Pulse
- U-turn

Fakemon 2 Name: Misterine (Mist + Mystery + Siren)
Typing: Water/Fairy
Ability: Rain Dish / Misty Surge (HA)
Stats: 93 / 80 / 160 / 106 / 53 / 78 (570)
Moves: Scald, Draining Kiss, Calm Mind, Substitute, Recover, Surf, Hydro Pump, Moonblast, Moonlight, Mystical Fire, Psychic
Misterine @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Description: Carnivil is the main check to Calyrex-Shadow, Kyogre and Zygarde, with the added bonus of being solid against Eternatus and Yveltal. It tanks the hits from those five really well while staying healthy with Regenerator. Toxic from Zygarde and Eternatus are annoying, but Misterine comes into those two without trouble and the Misty Terrain helps Carnivil check Zygarde more easily. Misterine can take a Sunsteel Strike from Necrozma-DM without having it's sub being broken. It also completely hard walls Zygarde, Eternatus and Yveltal and using them as set-up fodder.
The main issue this teams has is Necrozma-DM since Misterine has to be careful when 1v1 it. Also Trick from Calyrex-S is also annoying, but Carnivil is still a good check to Kyogre and Calyrex-S and still able to live 2 hits from Necrozma-DM.
Keep in mind DuoM2 submitted two different cores, so you can vote for them separately. Also, I am the Impostor's sub is disqualified for incompletion.

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

1. DuoM2 - Soleir & Glorealis
  2. ViZar - Carnivil & Misterine
  3. zxgzxg - Scarlycan & Fritilous

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Voting is closed! Here are our winners!

Moves: Brick Break, Close Combat, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Encore, Flash Cannon, Foul Play, Knock Off, Memento, Moonblast, Nasty Plot, Parting Shot, Play Rough, Stealth Rock, Swords Dance, Taunt, Toxic Spikes, Trick + universal TMs

Congrats to DuoM2 and zxgzxg for winning with Soleir+Glorealis and Scarlycan+Fritilous, respectively!

Now onto the next slate!
Slate 9:
Choice Band Calyrex-Ice
By: JT Yao
:ss/calyrex-ice::ss/eternatus::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane::ss/yveltal::ss/blissey::ss/lunala:
Click the sprites for the Pokepaste!
Here's a bit of an unorthodox team! It might have the rarer Calyrex-Ice and Lunala, but it's still packing the usual threats like Yveltal and Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, making it perfect for breaking! Submissions will last until Wednesday, April 7. Have fun!

DuoM2

whao
Body Slam
Captivate
Charge
Charge Beam
Confide
Covet
Curse
Dig
Discharge
Double-Edge
Eerie Impulse
Electric Terrain
Electro Ball
Electroweb
Ember
Endure
Facade
Fire Blast
Fire Punch
Fire Spin
Flame Charge
Flamethrower
Flare Blitz
Flash
Fling
Frustration
Giga Impact
Grass Knot
Headbutt
Heat Wave
Helping Hand
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Incinerate
Knock Off
Leer
Magnet Rise
Mega Kick
Mega Punch
Mimic
Mud-Slap
Natural Gift
Nuzzle
Overheat
Protect
Quick Attack
Rest
Return
Rising Voltage
Roar
Rock Smash
Round
Secret Power
Shock Wave
Signal Beam
Sleep Talk
Snore
Solar Beam
Spark
Strength
Substitute
Sunny Day
Swagger
Swift
Tackle
Tail Whip
Taunt
Thief
Thunder
Thunder Punch
Thunder Shock
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Uproar
Volt Switch
Weather Ball
Wild Charge
Will-o-Wisp
Work Up
Zing Zap
Ally Switch
Attract
Aurora Veil
Avalanche
Baton Pass
Blizzard
Body Slam
Captivate
Charge Beam
Charm
Confide
Confusion
Dazzling Gleam
Dream Eater
Encore
Endure
Energy Ball
Expanding Force
Facade
Flash
Flash Cannon
Freeze-Dry
Frost Breath
Frustration
Future Sight
Giga Impact
Gravity
Guard Swap
Hail
Heal Bell
Healing Wish
Helping Hand
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Hyper Voice
Ice Beam
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Imprison
Light Screen
Magic Coat
Magic Room
Mimic
Mist
Natural Gift
Powder Snow
Power Swap
Protect
Psybeam
Psych Up
Psychic
Psychic Terrain
Psycho Cut
Psyshock
Psywave
Recover
Recycle
Rest
Return
Role Play
Round
Safeguard
Secret Power
Shadow Ball
Shock Wave
Signal Beam
Skill Swap
Sleep Talk
Snatch
Snore
Spikes
Stored Power
Strength
Substitute
Swagger
Swift
Taunt
Telekinesis
Thief
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Torment
Trick
Trick Room
U-Turn
Water Pulse
Weather Ball
Wonder Room
wip

Fakemon 1 Name: Cephalopire
Ability: Suction Cups / --- / Swift Swim
Stats: 120/80/130/90/100/80 (600)
Moves: Scald, Slack Off, Taunt, Defog, Knock Off, Leech Life, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Crunch, Lash Out, Smokescreen, all universal TMs (more to be added if this sub wins)
Description: i must add more fat to ubers

Fakemon 2 Name: Bruntag
Typing: Fighting/Fairy
Stats:
100/65/65/130/140/70 (570)
Moves: Calm Mind, Moonblast, Earth Power, Focus Blast, Play Rough, Close Combat, Brick Break, Drain Punch. Psychic, Shadow Ball, Psyshock, Shock Wave, all universal TMs (more to be added if this sub wins)
Description: and also something that fits in better otherwise

Cephalopire @ Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Taunt
- Defog

Bruntag @ Life Orb
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

No huge explanation but I'll say that Cephalopire beats Calyrex-Ice, Necrozma-DM, Lunala, and Yveltal, while Bruntag stonewalls and breaks Blissey, as well as beating Eternatus.

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
24 hour warning. will extend subs if need be

Name: Oxiren
Type: Water / Fairy
Ability: Corrosion
Stats: 110 / 130 / 90 / 100 / 125 / 80
Moves: Aqua Jet, Crunch, Gunk Shot, Hydro Pump, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Ice Fang, Liquidation, Play Rough, Poison Jab, Psychic Fangs, Recover, Scald, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Spirit Break, Swords Dance, Taunt, Toxic, Waterfall + universal TMs

Name:
Type: Grass / Electric
Stats:
Moves: Earth Power, Leaf Storm, Trick, Volt Switch

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)