Project Break This Team: USUM UU Edition [Week 71 - Submissions]

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations to Juuno for seizing victory this week with her Fightinium Z + Mega Aerodactyl core!

Juuno - 4
Kitten Milk - 2
Ultima - 1
Darksafadao-0

-------------------------------------------------

Here's this week's team, courtesy of the one and only vivalospride!

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Toxic

So basically I just wanted to build with Mega Venusaur since I haven't yet, and the first mon that came to mind as a partner was Empoleon because of it's flying and psychic resistance. Whenever a Lati or Crobat comes in to deal with Mvenu, it just means I get rocks off the field for free most of the time. Chandelure is being used here because I have a bias against using Moltres a lot of the time and Chandy helps deal with Scizor, Mvenu, and the stall matchup very well. Cobalion comes in as something to pair with Empoleon to equate to a decent Hydreigon matchup w/o a fairy..but importantly it acts as a wincon that can abuse Muk with Justified and act as something else that is capable of breaking Mvenu and Amoon w/ Steelium Z. Hydreigon is the speed control and ghost answer for the team. Hippo just comes in as a Mega Manectric answer and is prolly like the most consistent rocker in the tier rn, it also has great synergy with Empo owo.

Please aim to submit your cores by this Thursday, and also remember that Mega Diancie is banned and that the rest of the tier shifts can be accounted for while building. Good luck!

Surgeon

venice bitch
is a Contributor Alumnus

Moltres @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Sleep Talk

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Work Up
- Roost
- Refresh

BirdSpam does a pretty good job at pressuring builds that rely on Empoleon as their main Flying resist, and this is a pretty good example of that. Specs Moltres is pretty much free to spam Fire Blast until Pidgeot finds an opportunity to set up and win since it's a non-Roar Empoleon.

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- Super Fang

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

I know I love defensive Primarina and it's in all my cores but bear with me. Crobat wipes through this team by walling Mvenu and beating Hippo with Taunt and Super Fang. It also can quickly break through Empoleon. Primarina functions as a Scald switch in and a Hydreigon switch in. I built with this core recently and it is quite nice. Enjoy!

Darksafadao

best of the second options

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Psyshock
- Scald

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

The team solely relies on Toxic to truly beat Mega Slowbro. I forego this by using a Rest set. The main problem with that would be Hydreigon and Chandelure, both which are really chipped by Muk-Alola (Fainted in Chandy's case), and even those can't stop Slowbro after some boosts, which gets chances to do so versus Cobalion, Empoleon and Hippowdon. With cool Venusaur and Hydra switch-ins, I'm sure this core would do well.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Alright, and with the votes we've gotten, it looks like we're going with Darksafadao as the winner this week! grats nerd

Darksafadao - 2
1Surgeon/itsjustdrew - 1

---------------------------------------------

Our next team comes from the Very Good™ Community Contributor And UUPL Star Amane Misa! And there's something else special about this week, as well: we're breaking a hyper offensive team!

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Taunt

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Latias @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Thunder

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang
- Protect

I wanted to build around Honchkrow. I added Swords Dance Scizor because it appreciates Honchkrow wallbreaking weakening physical walls like Swampert and Hippowdon. Opposing Scizor looked threatening so I added Cobalion, which also works great with the physical spam core. I felt like the team lacks Speed control so I added Latias, which also compliments the hyper-offensive nature of the team with Healing Wish and powerful STABs. Then, I added Mega Sharpedo because it appreciates all the other members weakening physical walls for it to clean. To finish up the team, I added Azelf which sets up Stealth Rock at the beginning of the match and fits the offensive nature of the team.

Get your core submissions in by Thursday, everyone, and have fun breaking!

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

Moltres @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hurricane

Stakataka @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Classic anti offense core that I've used on teams before. Stakataka easily sets up on Mega Sharpedo and Latias and Fightinium Z nukes Cobalion which is used as a soft check to Staka a lot on hyper offense teams. This is a Moltres set I love, I actually used it on the team I submitted to BTT, shout out to TSR who helped me in creating it. Moltres is great versus Scizor, Cobalion, and all Steel and Grass-types. Substitute + Willow Wisp is really fun because it lures and punishes Mega Aerodactyl. Moltres also serves as a fighting resist and ground immunity which Staka appreciates. I love this core, enjoy!

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Manectric-Mega is a huge pain in the ass for this team, only being legitimately checked by lati while checking half the team pretty effectively. I like toxic M-Mane for this since it lays the chip down on lati before Umbreon even comes in and gives it something to do on the lati switch, and gives me a passive move to dodge Honchkrow's sucker while wearing down the already easy to chip mon. Umbreon is here to check Shark and Lati in one slot, while keeping wishes on Manectric to ensure that it it stays healthy enough to continuously check Honchkrow, Cobalion, and Scizor. Play well when combined with good hazard setting/removal and the team quickly crumbles to this duo.

Darksafadao

best of the second options

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Trick
- Dazzling Gleam

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball

Scarf Togekiss has an interesting MU versus this team. It can prevent SR 60% of the time versus the suicide lead (57% if you count the miss chance), abuse the fact that the team has no flying resists and be annoying overall. Dazzling makes it able to revenge kill after tanking a hit from Sharpedo. It can also be a cool check to Honchkrow if needed. Great option overall.
Doublade complements it nicely being able to wall Scizor and Cobalion that could be scary for Togekiss while potentially setting up. With a free switch-in, Gyro has no safe switch-ins and it can even take a hit from Sharpedo if needed. With Honchkrow dead and Sharpedo not being a factor anymore, considering it can set up on two of the members rather safely, Shadow Sneak can also be threatening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)