Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

once gengar is in vs this team it can pretty freely click attacks and kill things, especially if rocks are up. i paired it with rocks krook as it can set rocks vs emp or krook and doesnt let cress set up for free. sub for gengar's last moveslot as i felt taunt wouldnt really do anything in this mu (and because i think sub is the best option for that slot in general due to the prevalence of pursuit). ghostium > lo as not wear itself down w/ sub rocks and lo recoil. also allows it to ohko cress after rocks.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
crawdaunt.gif
roserade.gif

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Liquidation
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Roserade @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
CB Daunt is a monster, you know it, you love it and its aqua jet is powerful as ever. 252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 272-324 (83.9 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes. Also, it's a nice mon to lure in malt for roserade. Z sludge bomb can slam moltres on the switch/speed tie. Roserade can always live a hit from bulky krook and leaf storm it into oblivion as well.

Scizor @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Swampert @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Besides the moltres one boost and scizor cleans this team and, even without an SD, altaria is the only other thing that isnt ohko'd. So I paired it with the beefy boi pert who denies defog by beating empoleon and chips molt and alt into range with rocks and quake. With rocks up its a roll in sciz's favor to kill moltres so its pretty damn easy to get into a situation where sciz cleans up. Also big papa berry pert is cool for survivability.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Moltres: 152-179 (47.3 - 55.7%) -- 81.6% chance to 2HKO

1539682922162.png
1539682950893.png

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Knock Off

Here's two weird left-field options not commonly seen as much that actually do pretty good against this team together. Both of these mons outspeed the entire team, Beedrill being able to spam some combination of U-turn, poison jab, and drill run to put massive damage into most of the team. Raikou also does well, being able to beat Cresselia in a CM war via Z shadow ball, and putting decent damage into the team's checks for it, Krook and Altaria, with a boosted hidden power ice. It also helps that Beedrill can threaten both of the team's primary checks to Raikou pretty convincingly among it's dual STABS.

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Reuniclus @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis
- Spiky Shield

Reuniclus can play the CM game against Cresselia and doesnt care about Z Moonblast much, as it takes 1 Calm Mind to avoid ohko from +6 Z moonblast. You can safely outrun the Cresselia as Recover has more PP than Moonlight. Fightinium Z lets Reuni survive against Krook (2 consecutive Knock offs will never 2hko ) and capable of killing Krook at +0 and Empoleon after Rocks and Leftovers damage. Empoleon, Altaria and Moltres can be used as Set Up fodders along with Cresselia, as they wont deal any significant damage after 1-2 boosts. Homewer you need to be careful with Moltres as it can bring in Terrak that is capable of 2 shotting Reuni with Stone Edge. But at +1 boost, Terrakion goes down to both Psyshock and Focusblast while Krook falls to the Focus Blast . Chesnaught paired with Reuni makes checking Terrakion easier, as you can Recover to scout with Reuni and do the same with Chesnaught.Once its locked to a desirable move, just switch these mons in between. Drain Punch is there to take advantage of -def drops of Close Combat, as Drain Punch will ohko it after Spiky Shield damage and recover your hp back to full.

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Heya folks, looks like voting has finished! Congratulations to itsjustdrew, who is a nerd.

itsjustdrew - 5
Notily - 4
Perishing Song - 3
Smallsmallrose / Sneer - 1

----------------------------------------------
vivalospride has brought yet another cool team to the table!

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot

Scizor @ Buginium Z
EVs: 156 HP / 244 Atk / 100 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes

Primarina @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Toxic

Starting with a zera + scizor core, the idea was sd bug z scizor could be a wincon while also pivoting on shit like moltres and getting zera free reign to click shit and hurt shit w/ it's coverage. Hydreigon came next for speed control and to deal with ghosts while also providing a u-turn core with Scizor. Nidoqueen came next as the main volt blocker and it improves the zera/terrak m/us specifically a lot. Nidoq is also cool with drei b/c of it's ability to rock all over fairies which drei pivots out of, I also liked tspikes chip + zera clicking shit... sounded neat. Bulky prima came thru as the main answer to shit like daunt, hydreigon, mega shark, etc etc. It's also something that's capable of switching into shit like Hippo while also actually being able to break it, unlike the vast majority of the team. Rotom-H is here as the defogger in the last slot and makes this team able to sort of classify as elec spam, I was skeptical about it but then I said fuck it and it's worked out so far as a primary burd switch in. This team has a sort of iffy lati matchup but it's definitely doable with bulky roost sciz, prima, toxic from rotom, and zera being able to outspeed w/ knock... as well as drei ig.

Please get core submissions in by Thursday. Thanks for participating!

Last edited:

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Sparkling Aria
- Psychic

I decided to go with an offense/hyper offense core sporting nidoking. This core was inspired by a build como team made by Accelgor shoutouts to him. Nidoking has the unique ability, as a ground type, of walling zeroara, to an extent, being immune to electric moves and resistant to close combat. Nidoking also destroys this team off of a free switch in and with the right predictions can claim a kill every time. Also nidoking can cop a sub versus zeraora or nidoqueen and claim a kill that way. The only thing on vivs team that has a chance of rko’ing nidoking from full is hydreigon. So I decided to choose a mon that can switch in on hydreigon and punch more holes in this team which is not a fan of strong special breakers. I chose primarina because again it switches in on hydreigon and with the right prediction can claim a kill versus this team every time. It also eats a hit from scizor at +0 and nidoqueen and prima and is able to knock them out which is very amazing. Overall these two Pokémon pressure this team immensely and this core is indeed effective outside of breaking this one team. Thanks for reading cakes a nerd, ily accelgoat, and bye :)

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Defog / Heal Bell
- Flamethrower

Latias @ Electrium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Recover

Standart Support Mega Altaria can shutdown the offensive core of this team single handedly, being capable of switching in against both Hydreigon and Zeraora and beat them in a 1 v 1 situation. Its EV spread and Flamethrower also lets it check Scizor, as it can take 1 bulletpunch from scizor to ohko it back with Flamethrower after rocks damage. It may also hard switch in vs Scizor in extreme cases if you ever need to, you live 2 Bullet Punches or 1 +2 boosted Bullet Punch but that makes you very easy to revenge kill as you are slow. Defog is used to clear hazards of Nidoqueen as Altaria is weak to the Toxic Spikes when its mega. Latias is there to break through rest of the team, +0 Draco lets it kill Rotom after Rocks damage, Z Thunder at +0 kills prima after Rocks damage and it can set up against Nidoqueen as Sludge wave will deal very little damage and can be recovered back, basically making Nidoqueen a fodder. Note that +1 CM lets Latias live a draco from Hydreigon, while +2 makes latias beat Hydreigon completely as 2 consecutive Dracos wont kill you if you take no rocks damage and you can abuse Dark Pulse's low damage bar flinch hax. Z Thunder at +1 also lets Latias break throught Scizor to avoid a potential set up. Thanks for reading!

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
kommoo.gif
manectric-mega.gif

Kommo-o @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Autotomize

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
Autotomize is a super cool move on kommo-o that lets it outspeed everyone under the sun. AoA has a solid chance of oh-ko the bulky sciz after rocks 252 SpA Kommo-o All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 156 HP / 100 SpD Scizor: 276-325 (86.2 - 101.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock. Mane is a more reliable sciz answer, can slam prim, cripple heattom with toxic as well as hit nidoqueen super effectively.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang

Lucario @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave

I'm lazy to get sprites but here we are. This team really doesnt like aero, it can beat all of the team with some chip [except for scizor's BP] because it has the coverage to hit everything it needs to hit. Lucario added with it is just the thing to chip everything enough until it dies. Could do Life Orb for more power to the attacks, but the nuke-z is always just so good.

Gligar.png
Empoleon.png

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Toxic
- Protect

This is less of "Break" this team and more of "Wall the absolute Arby's sauce out of" this team. Gligar can consistently stave off the likes of Rotom-H and Zera (If it gets knocked then Rotom-H can chunk it but it will never kill if you manage roosts and Empoleon switches well) And it can also consistently check Nidoqueen while blocking it's rocks and toxic spikes. meanwhile, Empoleon is more than a match for the likes of Scarf Hydra, Superpower-less Scizor, and defensive Primarina. It has protect to gain leftovers recovery so it can stay a consistent check to everything and scout for Scizor's Bug-Z (Scizor's only chance at doing reasonable damage without a fighting move before Empoleon roars it) Not to mention that none of the team members that can decently damage Empoleon like coming in on it directly due to scald, so if Empoleon is in on something it checks then awkward plays have to be made just to get one of it's own checks in. If played well, the team will run into some real trouble trying to break this duo and get stalled out by it. I hope you like the core!

Mamo.jpgPrimarina.png
Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Primarina @ Assault Vest
EVs: 184 HP / 72 Def / 252 SpA
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball

I think scarfed Mamo and AV Primarina do really well at dealing with this team. Going through the individual members:

Zeraora. Completely counters Primarina, but Jolly scarf Mamo outspeeds by 3.
Scizor. Mamo does half damage with EQ and can stomach one BP, and Primarina takes a +2 Savage Spinout to nearly always OHKO with HP-Fire
Hydreigon. We all know what Primarina does, especially one with an AV can do to Hydreigon.
Nidoqueen. EQ is an easy 2HKO and Nidoqueen can't in return. Even after rocks damage, it's only a 70% chance. Primarina takes next to nothing and OHKOs with Hydro Pump.
Primarina. Walls Mamo easily but is 1v1'd by my Primarina with Energy Ball getting very close to 3HKO and SpD drop can stall out Rests.
Rotom-H. One of the tougher members, but if another team member gets up rocks, Rotom is OHKOd by Stone Edge. Also, AV Primarina deals well with Rotom as a pivot and can nuke something that switches in.

Like all BTTs, these two would need some help (spikes and SR for sure, because so many damage rolls are so close), but they would be a great balance comp core.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
View attachment 142751View attachment 142752
Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Primarina @ Assault Vest
EVs: 184 HP / 72 Def / 252 SpA
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball

I think scarfed Mamo and AV Primarina do really well at dealing with this team. Going through the individual members:

Zeraora. Completely counters Primarina, but Jolly scarf Mamo outspeeds by 3.
Scizor. Mamo does half damage with EQ and can stomach one BP, and Primarina takes a +2 Savage Spinout to nearly always OHKO with HP-Fire
Hydreigon. We all know what Primarina does, especially one with an AV can do to Hydreigon.
Nidoqueen. EQ is an easy 2HKO and Nidoqueen can't in return. Even after rocks damage, it's only a 70% chance. Primarina takes next to nothing and OHKOs with Hydro Pump.
Primarina. Walls Mamo easily but is 1v1'd by my Primarina with Energy Ball getting very close to 3HKO and SpD drop can stall out Rests.
Rotom-H. One of the tougher members, but if another team member gets up rocks, Rotom is OHKOd by Stone Edge. Also, AV Primarina deals well with Rotom as a pivot and can nuke something that switches in.

Like all BTTs, these two would need some help (spikes and SR for sure, because so many damage rolls are so close), but they would be a great balance comp core.
I'm sorry, but we're considering this as counterteaming, which is strictly against the rules of the thread. We won't accept your submission unless you offer a core that's considerable for use against things that aren't this team (Scarf Mamoswine and AV Primarina are generally considered unviable, and Primarina's set is pretty heavily tailored to be good against this team specifically and not other teams.)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh.
Well I've just been deflated massively. I was really really excited to finally get to participate. Sorry about that...didn't know those specific rules.

I do want to point out that I literally have a team where I run scarf Mamo and AV Primarina. Not these specific sets, but I run them both regularly. I feel that's unfair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)