Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch / Focus Punch

I've decided to go with Muk + Vincune due to the team's main way of beating Suicune being Latias. Once Latias gets trapped, Suicune is a great wincon. Not only that, Suicune also gets many chances to set up, from Scizor choiced on Bullet Punch to Primarina as a whole.
About Muk, it can be pretty annoying for the team overall. Besides the main part of trapping Latias pretty reliably, it can annoy Rotom, potentially poisoning it, and has potential to be very annoying late game, taking off important items and hitting hard, and as the main Knock switch-in is Cobalion, which can be neutralized by having a good Coba answer with this core (which every team with Muk should have). Another option is just running Focus Punch and basically destroying it upon switch-in.
With those, I believe this core is pretty effective versus the team and would give an interesting matchup to a squad facing it.
(btw the speed on Muk is for Blissey as with that muk pressures it rather well)

Last edited:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Slack Off

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Roost

LO Slack Off Ape can put in work against this team only really having to fear being revenge killed by Krookodile and Latias. I personally don't like Grass Knot on Ape especially with the decline of Swampert usage, for this reason Gunk Shot is run to be able to 2OHKO Primarina and Latias. It is able to consistently switch into Iron Head from Coba and Scizor and proceed to Slack Off the Dmg taken from said threats + Life Orb recoil. It has enough to garuantee OHKO Krookodile after Intimidate. I partnered it with Maero which forms a fantastic core with Ape which checks the biggest threat to Aero being Scizor while it can switch into EQ from Krook. Maero is able to pursuit trap the likes of Latias which is garuanteed put into range after a Gunk Shot + Rocks if Latias doesn't roost and switch. Stone Edge being the best stab to remove Rotom-H and dent Scizor while EQ is good coverage for steel types like Coba. I opted to run Roost to be able to consistently switch into things like Latias Psychic etc. Unnerve is used to potentially stop Rotom-H consuming it's berry. The core itself may struggle to switch into certain threats like Primarina but offensively has a good match-up vs it. Hope you enjoy using the core ^_^

168 Atk Life Orb Infernape Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Primarina: 237-281 (65.2 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

168 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 330-390 (102.1 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

168 Atk Life Orb Infernape Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 148-175 (49.1 - 58.1%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO

-1 168 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Krookodile: 328-385 (99 - 116.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Jelli-F.png
1542310431450.png

Jellicent (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Diancie @ Normalium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Jellicent is an absolute tyrant against this team, being able to boast an immunity to Prim's scald while taunting it out of recovery. It also checks Scizor, checks Coba, doesn't fork over setup opportunities to Latias, and matches up well vs Krook by virtue of will-o-wisp and colbur berry, while not taking too much damage from Krook's EQ. Meanwhile, Diancie helps by staving off status with it's heal bell. It also keeps rocks up vs Rotom and checks Latias for the team. Normalium-Z on it's heal bell lets it keep itself up, and scout for knock against Krook if Jelli already burned it's colbur berry without burning Krook somehow.

download.png
hydreigon.png

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

From what I can see from the team, Specs Primarina is very threatening as it kills 4/6 of the team.The mons that can pivot to hydro pump is only bulky Primarina and Latias. Even so, they have to risk being hit by a predicted moonblast. Scarf Hydreigon is used for speed control against Krookodile, threaten Latias out if Latias were to CM or recover after being hit by hydro pump from Specs Primarina. Additionally, it can bring Primarina to the field with u-turn and kill Cobalion and Scizor with a predicted fire blast.

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well then, someone's on a hot streak...big congrats to Moutemoute for winning this week!

Moutemoute - 5
Darksafadao - 4
Smallsmallrose - 2

--------------------------------

Many thanks to the provider of this week's team, the one and only 'sei.

Latias @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 212 HP / 40 Atk / 140 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
- Spikes

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Roost

A fun lil team I came up with since I wanted to use AV Bisharp, also thought Hippowdon + Chesnaught was pretty cool since together they cover the tier's two fast electric types.

Please remember to submit your cores by Thursday.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Earthquake

Zeraora @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Grass Knot
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch

On phone so no sprites but this team, hates mega altaria. If not only takes advantage of Tentacruel and Chesnaught, but the only thing that can really deal with it is Hippowdon, and not well either. Dragon dance with adamant lets it outspeed everything expect mega aero, which has to risk stone edge. Jolly doesn’t outspeed mega aero anyways so adamant it is. Zeraora is what the two defensive mons are supposed to take, grass knot kills hippo/weakens it on the switch and volt switch let’s it pivot on different mons to be able to get altaria in safely. Bam.

PS: I’m back and here to break your streak moute

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
F63AA34D-B2F2-4814-BB42-CFEDA2A0751B.gif
7C6B577C-6113-43B7-8C7F-36CCDDF8F587.gif
Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword

Hydreigon @ Groundium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost

Good ol’ Doublade the anti meta mon always. Being fat as always it can take on the latias even with z thunder. It can set up on Chesnaught easily, and if damage isn’t an issue then it can take a hit from lati or maero. Sacred sword lets doublade hit Chesnaught for more damage and is nice right now with curse Mega Steelix being more common. Z EP Hydreigon lures in Tentacruel or Bisharp and spamming dark pulse wears down hippo throughout the match, giving Doublade an easier time.

Last edited:

daunt vs

Of Course You Won't
is a Tiering Contributor

Kyurem can ohko 4/6 memebers of the team ,and the MU against the other ones is good walls tenta and does a ton with earth power to Bisharp. Maero,latias and bisharp can be annoying for kyurem so I decided to pair it with Mlix that counter latias and hard check's bisharp and maero
Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Substitute

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Last edited:

Darksafadao

best of the second options

Mamoswine @ Groundium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Substitute

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Subs mamo is pretty devastating versus the team as it forces a lot of switchins and nothing really can take it on. It could potentially play around a Subs+LO set, but versus a Z one it really gets tougher out of not getting worn down by LO. Subs also helps with Bisharp's sucker and being annoying in general. Tenta, the Ice resist, can't outspeed it, which is nice.
Suicune is annoying too and helps the core with switching into Mega-Aero and Bisharp (preferably not directly into Knock Off) and it is a pretty effective wincon as Lati has no recovery, being pretty effective late game. It also helps wearing down Lati to Mamo's Ice Shard range.
And that's why I believe those two are effective, mainly Mamo.

mega ggron.gif
celebi.gif

Celebi @ Groundium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Celebi is looking really nice in this matchup, it can easily set up nasty plot. with one nasty plot boost it can ohko most of the mons on the team like hippo, chesnaught, maero and tentacruel. Celebi can ohko bisharp with groundium z, it is also surprisingly bulky, an unboosted sucker punch can not kill it. Maero cant hit celebi hard without wing attack. Although celebi cant beat latias, Aggron can wall it and 2hko lati with heavy slam. Aggron can wall most of the team and hit back with with heavy slams or toxic, it also sets rocks.

252 SpA Celebi Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 282-334 (104 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Celebi Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 176 SpD Hippowdon: 432-510 (102.8 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Celebi Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Chesnaught: 624-734 (164.2 - 193.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Celebi Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 420-494 (115.3 - 135.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 141-166 (41.3 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 246-290 (72.1 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Latias Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Aggron-Mega: 223-263 (65 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Togekiss @ Charti Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Mamoswine @ Metronome
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

So I really felt like Togekiss could be a huge nuisance for this squad only really being bothered by Maero and Latias which I planned to alleviate with T-Wave. Togekiss switches into all three defensive walls without fear due to the lack of Toxic on Hippo, and poison coverage on Tenta. While they can phaze it, if it already reaches +2 then it becomes a nuisance to Hippo and Tenta is then a free para. Maero comfortably switches into Togekiss which is why I am running Charti Berry which acts as an effective lure to para Maero and potentially hax it down. EV spread is enough speed to outpace Maero after it is para'd and the SpD means you always live Gigavolt from neutral Latias at full and potentially Para that too.

252 SpA Latias Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Togekiss: 316-372 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So I partnered it with Metronome Mamo as it appreciates being faster than Maero after being para'd as comes short of an OHKO with shard. Not much to say it can pretty much run through every member on this team only really fearing Draco from Latias tho if you manage to T-wave latias then it's chill. I went with metronome as you can really rack up your damage with icicle crash against this team or even ice shard late game to sweep + I dislike the LO recoil. The core does struggle with switching into Latias (Due to Electrium-Z, but you can bait it wth Togekiss and switch into Mamo), Maero and Bisharp but has a good offensive match-up against them. This can be resolved by slapping on an Aggron or something with the core. Enjoy!

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Rock Polish

Mega Houndoom is a great offensive check to Bisharp and is able to nearly OHKO Hippowdon from full and do about half to Tentacruel. Tentacruel is pretty easy to wear down. The only thing that can revenge kill it is Mega Aerodactyl and since Mega Houndoom isnt Pursuit weak, I know this Mega Aerodactyl doesn't have pursuit but if it did, Mega Aerodactyl doesn't pose a huge threat. Basically if Tentacruel is weakened and Mega Aerodactyl is fainted then Mega Houndoom wins. I paired Mega Houndoom with Cobalion because Cobalion can eat an Earthquake and +2 Z Close Combat does a large chunk to everything and if Mega Houndoom does some breaking it can possibly sweep. Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)