Project Break This Team: USUM UU Edition [Week 71 - Submissions]

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Many thanks to Highways for hosting the first iteration of this project, and A Cake Wearing A Hat & Accelgor for running this thread previously

Approved by Ark || Banner by monomite || Hosted by Scizorphobic and Estarossa
Welcome to Break This Team: USUM UU Edition! This project follows a simple layout, with the submission and voting stages taking place on a week by week basis. Most metagame defining teams may seem perfect on the surface, but they all have their undeniable flaws, and this project aims to help point out those weak links. Each week, I'll post a team that was built by someone invested in the metagame, and the participants will then try to break this team with a core made of just two Pokémon.

As stated earlier, the project will have two phases each week: the submission phase and the voting phase. The submission phase will have a duration of five days and participants are allowed to post a core with two Pokémon within that time. Then the voting phase will last two days and people can vote for their two favorite cores (this number is subject to change, depending on the amount of submitted cores). Lastly, if you win a week, you will be placed in the Hall of Fame, and if you happen to win three weeks, you'll be able to PM me with your own team and it will be submitted in this thread for that other people try to break it!

RULES:
  • Please attempt to not post one-liners. This includes extremely short descriptions. You don't need to write an elaborate essay, but try to at least provide a satisfactory description of the core. Don't post "these Pokémon work well together and I think that it will break this team ", try to elaborate on a good post with an explanation of how the core performs against the team.
  • This is not a counterteaming competition. This is an attempt to get the community to find viable, functional cores that work generally well in the meta which the team of the week is weak to.
  • By extension, try not to post gimmicky sets. Using Flamethrower Mega Aerodactyl to take advantage of a Forretress is NOT a viable choice.
  • Again, participants are only allowed to post one core with only two Pokémon.
  • Please don't vote on your own core, or I'll ask forum moderators to delete your post.
  • Don't rally people to vote for your own core. This is not fair at all to the other participants, and if you're caught doing this then you won’t be allowed to post or even offer any ideas in this thread.
  • A small explanation would be appreciated when voting.
  • Participants are allowed to do reservations, but if they don't post the sets with the explanation within 48 hours, other participants are allowed to take it.
  • In order to encourage creativity and originality between submissions, the same Pokemon can only be used two times maximum per submissions round.
  • Most importantly, have fun!
Post Formatting:

Code:
[Pokémon Icon] + [Pokémon Icon]
[hide=Sets][/hide]
**Insert thorough explanation here**
For a good example of how submissions should be formatted, check out some winning submissions from the previous edition of Break This Team.

No blacklisted users as of now.

Current Team (Week 69):

Thanks to faded love for the team.
:sm/altaria-mega: :sm/cobalion: :sm/starmie: :sm/krookodile: :sm/rotom-heat: :sm/amoonguss:
MISS AMERICANA (Altaria-Mega) (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 216 Atk / 96 SpA / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

THE MAN (Cobalion) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

AFTERGLOW (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Recover

CORNELIA STREET (Krookodile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

CRUEL SUMMER (Rotom-Heat) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic / Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog

THOUSAND CUTS (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 80 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
"facadeblast malt + steelium coba pressures common bulky offensive builds, especially those that rely on doublade as a catch all for physical attackers in the metagame. starmie serves a simultaneous offensive role and defensive role, pressuring and revenge killing threats such as latias and Infernape, while also serving as a way to punish those seeking to click bullet punch or go directly into their hippo/rhyperior on malt. crunch krook provides necessary speed control and makes up for cobalion’s shortcomings in the latias department and also appreciates starmie/altaria’s raw breaking power. Rotom is the necessary removal and pivot into your breakers, giving shit like alt and starmie free switchins. also takes pressure off coba for checking sciz and in return coba reliably fucks gligar with z iron head, freeing Rotom up to volt at will. amoonguss is there because primarina broken and also it’s a moderately safe way to scout out scizor and bee sets and spore is extremely cool for giving setup opportunities and takes pressure off cobalion as the primary alt check toxic or pain split depends for me on the way the wind blows and foul play is also good in certain situations over hp fire. this is one of my favorite structure because it all seamlessly fits together"

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Hall of Fame formatting:
Week x | Winner: [name of the winner]
[Mini sprites of the team of the week]
[Sprites of the winner(s)]

★彡彡彡彡彡彡彡彡彡
Hall of Fame
彡彡彡彡彡彡彡彡彡★

Week 1 | Winner: Darksafadao

Week 2 | Winner: warzoid

Week 3 | Winner: sparrow

Week 4 | Winner: Kreme

Week 5 | Winner: Amane Misa

Week 6 | Winner: Darksafadao

Week 7 | Winner: D2P2 HD

Week 8 | Winner: sparrow

Week 9 | Winner: TimeToTestThisTeam

Week 10 | Winner: Amane Misa

Week 11 | Winner: D2P2 HD

Week 12 | Winner: Smallsmallrose

Week 13 | Winner: 1Surgeon

Week 14 | Winner: Darksafadao

Week 15 | Winner: vivalospride

Week 16 | Winner: Miraklez

Week 17 | Winner: PinkDragonTamer

Week 18 | Winner: Adaam

Week 19 | Winner: DraconicLepus

Week 20 | Winner: Juuno

Week 21 | Winner: itsjustdrew

Week 22 | Winner: Kitten Milk

Week 23 | Winner: Juuno

Week 24 | Winner: Juuno

Week 25 | Winner: Darksafadao

Week 26 | Winner: itsjustdrew

Week 27 | Winner: Smallsmallrose

Week 28 | Winner: Adaam

Week 29 | Winner: Adaam

Week 30 | Winner: DraconicLepus

Week 31 | Winner: Smallsmallrose

Week 32 | Winner: Adaam

Week 33 | Winner: Darksafadao

Week 34 | Winner: Kreme

Week 35 | Winner: Kreme

Week 36 | Winner: DraconicLepus

Week 37 | Winner: itsjustdrew

Week 38 | Winner: DraconicLepus

Week 39 | Winner: Scizorphobic

Week 40 | Winner: Moutemoute

Week 41 | Winner: Moutemoute

Week 42 | Winner: daunt vs

Week 43 | Winner: Twilight

Week 44 | Winner: Twilight

Week 45 | Winner: Smallsmallrose

Week 46 | Winner: Twilight

Week 47 | Winner: Scizorphobic

Week 48 | Winner: Moutemoute

Week 49 | Winner: Moutemoute

Week 50 | Winner: Hilomilo

Week 51 | Winner: Moutemoute

Week 52 | Winner: itsjustdrew

Week 53 | Winner: Scizorphobic

Week 54 | Winner: Scizorphobic

Week 55 | Winner: Darksafadao

Week 56 | Winner: Scizorphobic

Week 57 | Winner: Twilight

Week 58 | Winner: Sickist

Week 59 | Winner: Twilight

Week 60 | Winner: Jacobikko

Week 61 | Winner: Estarossa

Week 62 | Winner: Smallsmallrose

Week 63 | Winner: Juuno

Week 64 | Winner: Smallsmallrose

:sm/salazzle: :sm/scizor:

Week 65 | Winner: Sickist
:moltres: :altaria-mega: :empoleon: :doublade: :krookodile: :terrakion:
:sm/slowbro-mega: :sm/terrakion:

Week 66 | Winner: Adaam
:primarina: :latias: :steelix-mega: :nihilego: :bewear: :rotom-mow:
:sm/manectric-mega: :sm/terrakion:

Week 67 | Winner: Smallsmallrose
:infernape: :aerodactyl-mega: :mimikyu: :swampert: :scizor: :hydreigon:
:sm/pyukumuku: :sm/blissey:

Week 68 | Winner: Juuno
:decidueye: :klefki: :bisharp: :mamoswine: :manectric-mega: :latias:
:sm/sharpedo-mega: :sm/scizor:

Week 69 | Winner: Smallsmallrose
:altaria-mega: :cobalion: :starmie: :krookodile: :rotom-heat: :amoonguss:
:sm/xatu: :sm/feraligatr:

Week 70 | Winner:

:mew: :hydreigon: :sylveon: :steelix-mega: :nihilego: :suicune:

Last edited:

justdrew

is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Scald

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Primarina does a great job at offensively pressuring this team. It does a massive chunk of damage to Azumaril with Moon Blast, is able to stomache any attack from Latias, even Thunder Bolt, and Kyurem and OHKO back, and OHKO's Mega-Steelix with Hydro Pump. While Primarina is threatened by Magneton and Serperior, Amoongus is able to switch in on any of these Pokemon's moves and Spore, or deal damage with Clear Smog, Giga Drain, and HP Fire. Over all this core offensively and deffensively pressures this team and is able to decimate its core.

Last edited:

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

At first glance, I noticed 4 mons on the team are heavily pressured by Infernape. Magneton, and Serperior are OHKOed by Flare Blitz, and Kyurem (after rocks) is OHKOed by CC. Steelix takes 45% min from either Flare Blitz or CC, which is 74.2% 2HKO after rocks. It can even smack an incoming Azu with Gunk Shot, or pivot around with U-Turn.

With the other two, neither have attacks to hit steel types, especially since Azu is Ice Punch. Azumarill is a 62.5% OHKO after rocks from Meteor Mash, and Latias is OHKOed by both Mash and Pursuit after rocks, should they switch out. Even Steelix, which doesn't take a huge amount from Nape is 2HKOed after rocks by EQ. I cheated a little by having Metagross EV'd to outspeed Azu but meh.

One problem I could see happening is if Mag traps Metagross a couple of times and pivots out, chipping at it, but with correct prediction Metagross can OHKO almost everything on the team.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

I am a huge fan of Mega Blastoise in this meta and I think Mega Launcher allows it to decimate a lot of the tier. Mega-Blastoise can take on most of the team pretty well. Dark Pulse has a 37.5% chance to OHKO Latias after rocks, Mega Steelix is 2HKOd by water pulse and aura sphere, and wont be able to set up rocks versus Blastoise, Serperior is 2HKO's by Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse, Magneton is OHKOd by Aura Sphere and had an 87.5% chance to be OHKOd after stealth rock by water pulse, Kyurem is OHKOd by Aura Sphere after rocks, and even azumarill can't afford to switch into too many water pulses. All Mega Blastoise really needs to cripple something is to switch in safely and click the right move. This is where infernape comes in.

Scarf infernape is great for gaining Momentum. Gunk shot can hit incoming azumarill, infernape can switch in on Kyurem and serperior relatively safely, and cna U-turn out versus everything pretty well. This gets Mega-Blastoise in safely.

Most of what makes this core deadly is the fact that once Mega-Blastoise comes in, its only a matter of which move you click that will be most effective. I understand that this core does have problems with banded azumarill, but azumarill can't switch in too many times without being worn down, and if scarf infernape can force azumarill to lock itself into no play rough, mega blastoise can still beat it. In my opinion, a core doesnt have to beat every mon to be effective. Mega Blastoise limits switch-ins enough to break the team, and infernape is great at getting Mega Blastoise in safely and providing chip with u-turn.

CB DARM

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick
- Flamethrower

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise

This team has no ghost resist whatsoever, enter Chandelure. While it arguably isn't the greatest scarfer, it does a great job of pressuring this team. Between Flamethrower and Shadow Ball pretty much everything gets 2KHOed and on top of that Infiltrator helps vs Kyurem. The team doesnt have hazard control outside of Serp (which also gets pressured by Chandy) and 5 of the mons are grounded, which means spikes are really annoying for this squad to deal with. Although Keys can get trapped by Mag, you usually still get up spikes in the process and just have to make sure they stay up.

Darksafadao

best of the second options

Celebi @ Groundium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch

Looking at the team, I noticed the only real NP Celebi answer would be Latias, as Kyurem drops to +2 Tectonic Rage after rocks. With this in mind, I decided to pair Celebi with a Muk, as while Muk gives Celebi Pursuit support, Celebi resists the only weakness Muk has. Celebi is also a great water resist, being able to punish Azu once it locks itself into Aqua Jet or Liquidation, and doing the same with Magneton but for Thunderbolt.
Also, as Kyurem isn't running Earth Power nor Serperior isn't running Sub Leech Seed, Muk can take advantage of those to fire off hits, although its main function would still be to trap Latias and allow Celebi to start boosting and attacking.
Recover also could be an option over Psychic.

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
Alright so I'm goin wit the ol' reliable core I've been using since the beginning of USUM a lot. This core puts in some major work on the majority of this squad, Infernape's main obstacles are Azu and Lati, where Azu can be offensively checked by Scept and also pressures Lati a little bit. This core still does lose to Scarf Lati, ik, but U-Turn and Dragon Pulse keep it at bay a lil bit, and this core is a tried and true one that I've used a lot. Infernape handles Kyurem, Serp, Magneton, and does a chunk to Steelix, while Sceptile chunks Steelix, handles Azu, Serp a lil bit, etc.

PS: Ty for bringin this back I've been waiting for it to come back for ages tyvm tyvm Accelgor and Cruttmaster :D

Darksafadao

best of the second options
I think all cores seem effective, but as I have to pick my favorite two I'll choose Wascally Wabbit because of how threatening Primarina seems and Miven because of how spikes+chandy seems to work well versus that team and how Chandy pressures the only way of hazard removal.

Voting vivalospride's Mega Sceptile and Infernape cuz they together shred this team apart with relative ease if u have 1 or 2 pivots for azu and kyurem in the back. Also, it doesn't really matter that he "ripped" the core cuz it's simply an effective core, especially vs this team; there's no rule on originality.

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
We've tallied up the votes, and Darksafadao is the winner this time! Congratulations!
Darksafadao - 6
vivalospride - 5
PapaBisexual/Miven - 3
Wascally Wabbit - 1
-----
Our next team comes from Amaroq!

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Nihilego @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Roost

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Rest

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt
- Synthesis

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Choice Specs Nihilego + Taunt Synthesis Serperior provide most of the team's breaking power, while Azumarill traps key Pokemon and breaks stall. Hydreigon and Mega Steelix lend their typing and utility to check Pokemon that the team would normally struggle with and also provide Stealth Rock and Defog support. Infernape helps the team's matchup against offense by revenge killing fast threats that can break through other members of the team. Hydreigon can lure and cripple Gliscor with Devastating Drake and can run Fire Blast over Defog or Roost to remove Steel-types for Nihilego. A lot of moveslots are flexible based on how the player wants to use the team (Nihilego can run Hidden Power Ice over something, Mega Steelix can run Curse or Roar over Toxic, any Serperior set that pressures stall works here, and the player can even switch up the team and use Nasty Plot Groundium Z Celebi over Serperior to have a better Fighting resist while still handling stall).

The submissions phase for this round ends Thursday, February 8th!

Volcanion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Sludge Wave

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

Okay first I would like to mention that I did get a vote last round. Thats not why I do this but it was nice and I thought I'd mention it. Sorry, on with the core.

Volcanion puts in a lot of work against this team, especially Superpower volcanion. Pidgeot supports volcanion a lot by switching into volcanion's biggest threats on the team such as serperior and mega-steelix Earthquakes as well as providing fast u-turns to get volcanion in. I think this works for a number of reasons.

1. It shuts down azu completely. 2. Superpower lures in hydreigon, if they dont expect scarf, 2 in a row will kill hydreigon before it can roost. 3. Steam eruption kills everything bar serp and hydreigon each of which can only take three. Volc also outspeeds everything except for infernape. Infernape is kinda a problem but good luck getting it in once the core is in. Finally Pidgeot helps prevent serp and nape from coming in easily with fast hurricanes, can switch into mega steelix EQs and 2HKO it with Heat wave, and get Volc in with fast U-turns.

Reserving Choice Band Zygarde-10% and Mega Manectric

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic / Earthquake

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat / Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice

Zygarde pressures almost every Pokemon on this team, scoring KOs or 2HKOs on the entire team with Thousand Arrows except for Serperior, which may be crippled with Toxic and has a slight chance of getting OHKOd Outrage, though Outrage isn't ideal to be locked in against because of Azumarill. Mega Manectric can bring in Zygarde with Volt Switch and also pressures a big part of this team. Stealth Rock support is very appreciated as it guarantees a 2HKO on Mega Steelix with for Zygarde because Mega Steelix has a slight chance to live 2 Thousand Arrows, but Earthquake may be used to circumvent that too. If you have a pivot for Infernape and a pivot for Nihilego u should be fine to combat this team.

Last edited:

justdrew

is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Scald
- Substitute

Choice Band Infernape is a powerful wall breaker. Against this team it is able to deal massive damage to everything with Close Combat and Flare Blitz, utilize priority to its advantage against the faster Pokémon, Serperior and Scarf Infernape, and U-Turn for much appreciated momentum. It’s only obstacle on this team is Azumarill which still takes around 35% from Close Combat and is chipped away by U-Turn. Suicune, specifically the Vincune is amazing in this meta. With Pokémon like Scizor, Serperior, and Azumarill running rampant in the meta, as well as stall being a very good strategy right now, Suicune is very strong. It has the ability to stall out Serperiors Leaf Storm’s, escape Azumarill’s Perish Song, and eat hits from Infernape and Mega-Steelix and begin to set up. This core is a very strong stall breaking Fire Water core that also has an amazing match up versus balance and bulky offense alike. Enjoy!

Last edited:

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
Double Dance Fightinium Cobalion immediately threatens Nihilego, Hydreigon, and Steelix, even without a boost. Cobalion gets a free turn versus Nihilego locked into anything except Thunderbolt. After a Rock Polish, it can't be revenged by scarf Ape. The team's lone fighting resist, trapper Azumarill, has to try to stall out Whirlpool turns with Protect, allowing Cobalion to set up a Swords Dance in its face.

Defog Gliscor ensures that Mega Steelix will never be able to get rocks up. None of the team's attacks can OHKO specially defensive Gliscor, including Hydreigon's Z-Draco (90.1% max). Gliscor checks Infernape and Nihilego, and U-turns out versus unboosted Serperior. U-turn also allows it to escape Azumarill's trapping.

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

So yeah Breloom kinda gives this team the hands aside from the Sap Sipper Azu + Infernape, Scizor isn't really a Trapzu counter or anything, but it can set up to +6 while it spams protect and rest n shit and just kill it w/ bp. Give this core a Klefki, and maybe change the Scizor set to bp, qa, sd, knock... and this team goes to schleep.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)