Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
so have a male Larvitar with 31/31/31/x/31/31 And its the only Larvitar i have left. Whats the % to breed him with a 3IVditto and gets 5IV children ?
Ignoring the 1/32 chance that the wrong IV is inherited and it's still a 31, you have roughly a 1/24 chance of breeding your target larvitar. There's the 1/6 chance that the Destiny Knot will inherit all IVs but Special Attack, then the two 1/2 chances (1/4 total) that your baby won't inherit two relevant imperfect IVs from the Ditto parent.

However, if somewhere along the way you get a female offspring with 4 31 IVs and replace Ditto with it, your chances shoot to 1/12, so be sure to substitute out Ditto if a better parent spawns along the way.

Yeah, just saying that if XY breeding is way easier than previous generations (which I fully believe), I'm glad I never tried to breed before now. . _.

Took me about four or five hours to get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Honedge off of a 31/31/x/x/31/31 parent and a 31/x/31/x/31/x Ditto. I probably didn't do it in the most efficient way, but still, this thread was lots of help. Thanks.
Traditional breeding was the worst. I remember in gen 4, I spent maybe two weeks getting a near flawless Tauros. As for breeding more efficiently in the future, be sure to substitute out worse parents if better spawn, even if the other parent is a Ditto. Also be sure to use that hatching pass power as much as possible. You can always manage to find someone on #smogonwifi who has one for you to share between Hozu, Nexus, Lue, and me!

It took me 5 minutes to breed a 31/x/31/31/31/31/31 squirtle with aura sphere. The first squirtle I bred with a 31/x/31/31/31/31 clawlitzer happened to pass down all 5 perfect IV's. My squirtle had no perfect IV's. I felt more excited than finding a shiny even though its like 50 times harder to find a shiny.

Last edited:
wat
there is a hatching pass power
where is this magic and why don't i have it ;_;
Yeah, it's pretty tricky to find. You have to have all other pass powers and have maximum style, then meet Mr.O-Power in Cafe Introversion. Maximizing style is a bit tricky and involves doing all sorts of miscellaneous bullshit around Lumiose city. If you want to get style quickly, you can buy a single premier ball at the Pokeball boutique over and over again, exiting all menus so that your character can move again every time. Once you've bought quite a few, your style should be maxed and Mr.O-Power will show up.

Max style also gets you into Lumiose boutique so you can look fab while you bike endlessly.

Yeah, it's pretty tricky to find. You have to have all other pass powers and have maximum style, then meet Mr.O-Power in Cafe Introversion. Maximizing style is a bit tricky and involves doing all sorts of miscellaneous bullshit around Lumiose city. If you want to get style quickly, you can buy a single premier ball at the Pokeball boutique over and over again, exiting all menus so that your character can move again every time. Once you've bought quite a few, your style should be maxed and Mr.O-Power will show up.

Max style also gets you into Lumiose boutique so you can look fab while you bike endlessly.
Thanks for this! I was thinking that there should have been one, great to know there actually is. Guess I know what I'll be doing after work.

and people say there's no postgame,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
thanks for the info. sounds like I'll be busy for a while lol

Ok, I have been breeding some Riolu for a perfect one, but I am a little bit confused, I bred a Ditto with 31 Speed / 31 Attack, but the baby had 31 Def / 31 Speed... What did I do wrong?

Ok, I have been breeding some Riolu for a perfect one, but I am a little bit confused, I bred a Ditto with 31 Speed / 31 Attack, but the baby had 31 Def / 31 Speed... What did I do wrong?
The fact you're breeding Dittos and not Riolus is pretty alarming information to start.

Double check your parents IVs and that you're using the right items is all the advice I can give you at the moment. The info you're giving me is a little too vague.

Looking for any insight into this:

Are there any shortcuts to breeding pokes such as Staryu? They only breed with ditto so you wouldnt be able to use some of the offspring as a better parent to replace the ditto. The best you could do is replace the staryu with a better staryu offspring, but the ditto would have to stay. My best ditto has 3 iv's so at best i would be breeding a 5 iv staryu with a 3 star ditto?

Looking for any insight into this:

Are there any shortcuts to breeding pokes such as Staryu? They only breed with ditto so you wouldnt be able to use some of the offspring as a better parent to replace the ditto. The best you could do is replace the staryu with a better staryu offspring, but the ditto would have to stay. My best ditto has 3 iv's so at best i would be breeding a 5 iv staryu with a 3 star ditto?
Yeah that's pretty much the best you can hope for unfortunately :/

Blarg this is driving me nuts.

I have a 31/x/31/31/31/x ivy destiny knot
and a 31/x/x/31/31/31 ivy ever stone. But for over 9 hours now, they havent given me a 31/x/31/31/31/31 baby, am i doing something wrong here @_@ srslly.
I even tried swapping ever stone with the power anklet to force the speed and still nothing...

and a 31/x/x/31/31/31 ivy ever stone. But for over 9 hours now, they havent given me a 31/x/31/31/31/31 baby, am i doing something wrong here @_@ srslly.
I even tried swapping ever stone with the power anklet to force the speed and still nothing...
You're just having extremely bad luck, every time I breed 2 fully IV'ed mons with them having the same undesirable stat I usually get 3/5 eggs with the desired IV combo though I may just be lucker than most being Irish and all.

Are you absolutely positive that they are 31/x/31/31/31/x and 31/x/x/31/31/31? Because going 9 hours without getting one is extremely unlucky.

yes, I meticulously mark them since i been chain breedin

edit: I just pulled them out of breeding and rechecked

Male ivy 50 (ha been there since lvl 16) max : HP, DEF, Satk, Sdef holding destiny knot
Female ivy 49 Max: HP, Satk, Sdef, Speed holdin power anklet

What kind of combinations have you been getting for your offspring?
because although possible, it sounds like something weird
I tossed many of em out but here is some remainders
31/x/x/31/31/31,
x/x/31/x/31/31,
31/x/31/31/31/x (b4 i switched everstone off female)
31/x/31/31/31/x (was b4 i switched from ever stone to speed item)
31/x/31/x/31/31
31/x/x/31/31/31
31/x/x/31/31/31 but atk is terrible
31/x/x/x/31/31

new 3

31/x/x/31/31/31
31/x/31/x/31/31
31/x/31/x/31/31

Last edited:

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus

Probability of 31/x/31/31/31/31 baby is a product of:
- 1/6 attack IV not passed on.
- 1/2 31 Def passed from correct parent.
- 1/2 31 Spe passed from correct parent.

1/6 * 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/24 (approx. 4%).

You should attach a power anklet instead of ever stone to breed a 31/x/31/31/31/31 replacement with likely the wrong nature:
- 1/5 attack IV not passed on.

1/5 * 1/2 = 1/10.

Breed using your new parent to achieve a 1/12 probability for 31/x/31/31/31/31 with the right nature.

Once you have two parents with 31/x/31/31/31/31, the probability is reduced to 1/6.

Last edited:
Probability of 31/x/31/31/31 baby is a product of:

You should attach a power anklet instead of ever stone to breed a 31/x/31/31/31/31 replacement with likely the wrong nature:
- 1/2 Def passed from correct parent.

1/5 * 1/2 = 1/10.

Breed using your new parent to achieve a 1/12 probability for 31/x/31/31/31/31 with the right nature.

Once you have two parents with 31/x/31/31/31/31, the probability is reduce to 1/6.
Yes I did that, and gave up on the nature, bankin on since its bulba i have an 87% chance for a male, but still.. i swapped over 2 hrs ago...

I tossed many of em out but here is some remainders
31/x/x/31/31/31,
x/x/31/x/31/31,
31/x/31/31/31/x (b4 i switched everstone off female)
31/x/31/31/31/x (was b4 i switched from ever stone to speed item)
31/x/31/x/31/31
31/x/x/31/31/31
31/x/x/31/31/31 but atk is terrible
31/x/x/x/31/31
at a quick glance i believe those are all a possible result between the parents you have
the only one you would have to watch out for would be one where both the special attack and special defense are not maxed.

31/31/31/x/x/31 would be impossible

that is assuming everything we know about the new breeding mechanics is accurate

Probability of 31/x/31/31/31 baby is a product of:

- 1/2 Def passed from correct parent.

1/5 * 1/2 = 1/10.

Once you have two parents with 31/x/31/31/31/31, the probability is reduce to 1/6.
Wow, this is a much more intelligent way of getting your final flawless Pokemon. Using power items towards the end makes loads more sense. I'll add this final bit to the guide shortly, thank you!

at a quick glance i believe those are all a possible result between the parents you have
the only one you would have to watch out for would be one where both the special attack and special defense are not maxed.

31/31/31/x/x/31 would be impossible

that is assuming everything we know about the new breeding mechanics is accurate
I have not had any that are 31/31/31/x/x/31; attack has been consistently low or random (at one point i tested it up to 28 IV from a calculator)

I have not had any that are 31/31/31/x/x/31; attack has been consistently low or random (at one point i tested it up to 28 IV from a calculator)
sorry. To be a bit more specific i would mean
31/x/31/x/x/31 would be impossible, but the attack could be anything

Wow, this is a much more intelligent way of getting your final flawless Pokemon. Using power items towards the end makes loads more sense. I'll add this final bit to the guide shortly, thank you!
Its even faster if you use something like 2 chinglings or budews (after evolving them of course) with different IVs and using a power item/destiny knot to create a near flawless of flawless father for a given egg group, like my 6/6 chingling for the amorphous group. For Riolu it would be best to use a different field/humanlike mother from the safari since Lucarios and ditto parents paired with a Lucario always produce Riolus (too much hassle to evolve for every subsequent parent). Then make a female parent with the correct nature/species and breed them together subbing in any better parents that come along.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
... create a near flawless of flawless father for a given egg group...
Smeargle is the best example of this. While people were looking for Dittos, I bred a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Smeargle.

Quint flawless is super easy to transfer between egg groups, and much less time consuming than finding amazing Dittos.

You only need Dittos for genderless Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)