Research Breeding RNG Quirk

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So tried it feel I did all the advancements right collected 110 eggs and rejected 19 to hit frame 3536 which should give me an egg with an SV of 636 which would match my TSV and should hatch shiny but it didn't, maybe I didn't click something I was supposed to or someone can point out what I did wrong in the following screens:

http://i.imgur.com/nsk0PjZ.png

http://i.imgur.com/KqUmVF4.png

So tried it feel I did all the advancements right collected 110 eggs and rejected 19 to hit frame 3536 which should give me an egg with an SV of 636 which would match my TSV and should hatch shiny but it didn't, maybe I didn't click something I was supposed to or someone can point out what I did wrong in the following screens:

http://i.imgur.com/KqUmVF4.png
Can you check the offspring and check if the frame you landed on was actually 3568? From my experience I always have to collect one less egg than the program shows cause the advancements don't line up correctly. If you check the second tab 1 egg collection says 0 advancements which obviously isn't the case. The correct frame advancement for 1 egg would show under egg 2.

If I'm right, you should have collected 109 eggs which would have been 3,517 frames (shown under egg 110) and then do 19 egg rejections to hit frame 3536.

It lines up right. It's your frame and spread when you collect your 110th egg. Naturally it advances to 111 when you collect that egg. Just misunderstood I think

Considering how confusing this might seem to new members, here is a simplified guide to the method.
  • The stats your eggs gain have predetermined RNG, determining IV's, ability, shininess, and gender.
  • Therefore, resetting and getting the eggs again can result in offspring with the same characteristics. This method shall be called egg transfer.
  • This property carries on even if you switch the parents, with the new offspring inheriting stats from the new parent.
    • For example, you are breeding a female Rattata with a Destiny Knot with a male Zigzagoon. The child inherits it's Attack, Special Attack, and Defence IV's from the mother, and the Speed and HP IV's from the father. If you soft reset before you get this egg and switch the Rattata with a Bidoof (still holding the destiny knot), the child still inherits it's IV's from the respective parents, even if their IV's are different.
  • Ability inheritance: If a pokemon inherited it's ability from it's mother, transfering the egg would cause the next one to also inherit it's mother's ability.
  • There are ways to disrupt this RNG, avoid doing them.
    • Transferring an egg from a genderless/one gender pokemon to a both gender's pokemon or vice versa.
    • Transferring an egg from pokemon of the same species to pokemon of two different species (same species mons have an extra roll for ball inheritance)
    • Transferring an egg Masuda Method to Non-Masuda Method or vice versa.
  • In addition, avoid taking off the Destiny Knot and the Everstone. I am unsure on how they affect transfer.
  • Since egg stats can be transferred by other species, you can breed Magikarp (it has the fastest hatching eggs) and transfer one with ideal stats to parents for the pokemon you want.
  • To do so, get a female HA magikarp and a non-magikarp pokemon (from a different trainer/language.) Make sure they have distinct IV's and record them. Hatch eggs and check their stats and abilities, saving after you hatched all your eggs in a set number of batches for ease of transferring. Once you got a Magikarp that has the right IV's passed from it's parents/randomly generated, transfer it to the two pokemon you want to actually breed.
  • The same method works for shiny breeding, save every set number of eggs, and do the Masuda Method until you get the shiny. Reset once it comes up, and put the desired parents in.
  • Before you start, make sure you have the "ideal parents". A separate language, 4-5 IV ditto can be a boon for this.

Hey can someone please explain is there a way you can get the gender you want? I've bred a Pokemon with a 50:50 and the original shiny was a female.

I want to get a female salandit but the method won't work, is it a case of keep trying and SR or will it always be male?

If there is away around it could someone fill me in thanks.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey can someone please explain is there a way you can get the gender you want? I've bred a Pokemon with a 50:50 and the original shiny was a female.

I want to get a female salandit but the method won't work, is it a case of keep trying and SR or will it always be male?

If there is away around it could someone fill me in thanks.
The gender is determined by the calls, so SRing won't change it (note: different gender ratios may have a different gender for the same spread, but per gender ratio it will be fixed).

This can (effectively) be thought of as a random number from 0–7. Your Pokémon will be female if the called number was above the threshold for that species' gender ratio. So for a 50/50 ratio species (like your test parents) you can say the number is 4–7 if you have a female. But for Salandit (1F:7M), you need it to be exactly 7. Since your Salandit was male, you know the spread you're on has this number in the range 4–6.

If you're using one of the apps to find a female spread though, you can simply filter nearby spreads to female only; but given Salandit's ratio, you may well have a fair few advancements to make before you find the one you're looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)