Other #BreloomSquad ~ HO Fighting Monotype Team ~ Peak #8

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Might as well post this, because there are no mono fighting sample teams on the mono site (http://monotypeps.weebly.com/teams-for-beginners.html) and fighting is one of the best types for beginners to the tier to use. Might as well share an easy HO one (albeit a standard looking team).

Unfortunately I did not save proof of the peak because I was on a hot streak and was pushing for 1st, and I tilted badly after. Sorry guys. If you don't believe me, feel free to leave the thread lol idc about impressing people.

A glance at the team.

I wanted to build a team around either breloom or dugtrio, because they are my 2 favorite mons. Dugtrio is absolutely trash in monotype because, well, the entire team is either weak to it or isn't! It doesn't actually do anything really trapping them! So I went with a team around breloom. I wanted HO, and grass tends to be more balanced or semi-stall, so I went with fighting.

HO = kill things before they kill you. Speed is very important, so I decided to drop 2 scarfers on it. I needed something to deal with grass, other fighting teams and more coverage in general. hawlucha is a great answer. Then I needed a status absorber, and conkeldurr is the best option for that on fighting with guts and powerful offenses.

Finally, I needed a mega. I just prefer mega medicham over mega gallade. It has the highest attack stat out of any mon in OU, dual priority which is very very useful for revenging big fighting threats that setup, such as bd azu and bd slurpuff. Easy choice.

Now, let's look at the team! I put my actual sets as the first things listed. The slashes are things you may want to add if you are using this team.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance / Spore

Swaggy ass breloom leggo. My lead 95% of the time, the only time I don't lead with it is if they have a fake out user (infernape, mega medicham, mega lopunny), a slowbro, or a mega sableye pretty much. Evs are standard. 252/4/252, and adamant nature because it doesn't outspeed anything notable with a +spe nature, and the power is really appreciated. Bullet seed because I need to at least have a CHANCE against slowbro, and having a wincon against water is appreciated. Optional slash is focus punch because the power is nice, but it's not worth dropping coverage imo. Ground coverage is also useful. Mach punch and Rock tomb should be on every sash/LO breloom ever, if you don't have them there is a problem. Now, the interesting part. Why don't I run spore? Because everyone, good and bad, predicts breloom will spore. While spore can still be useful, it's much funnier watching them try to play around a move you don't actually have. It's also great not having spore for momentum, and SD can quickly turn breloom into a monster. Bluffing spore is a very rare strat, but it works out for me a LOT and is quite funny. In tours I usually just toss spore on anyways though.

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

1 of 2 viable hawlucha sets, the other of which being sky attack power herb. I greatly, greatly prefer this one though. Why? It can absorb status with subs, for one. You're guaranteed to get a sub if you click it due to sitrus recovering 25% below 50%. This thing wins a lot of battles, because of how powerful it gets. It can also potentially sweep fairy and psychic if you get lucky with predicts and can power up acro. EVs are standard. Hawlucha needs max speed to perform it's job well, so +spe and max are necessities. 12 in HP for sr, sitrus and some other rarer numbers. Rest is attack for power. Move set is self explanatory.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Hidden Power [Grass]
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Keldeo-Resolute is rigged on showdown to get max rolls, crits and all side effects possible on all of its moves, so I use it as a wincon. Don't tell Zarel I told you though.
Keldeo is really important on this team. It's a powerful scarfer, gives me the edge against ground, fire, steel, and a lot of other types. It breaks the SkarmDos core as well as doublade, both of which are HUGE threats to fighting. EVs nothing to say, max spe/spa and timid. Nothing new. Icy wind and secret sword are staples on keldeo. Scald is what I use, if you really care about power feel free to go with hydro instead but at least with scald you can rely on the 100% burn chance as a last-ditch effort as well as the accuracy. HP Electric is the only somewhat-odd move on here, and I use it to hit gyara hard and to not have dead weight against jellicent. Works against water teams as well in general, since sap sipper azu is so threatening to my team. HP Grass is an option, because it still hits things like jelli, and can also hit things that would otherwise wall it like gastro. Both are fine options.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick / Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt / Ice Punch
- Fake Out / Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch / Ice Punch

Lord mega medicham. Standard Evs, because it is a base-100 mon jolly is required to at least speed tie other 100s. HJK is required on megacham imo, but if you really want to lose that power go with drain punch. Just don't come crying to me when it sucks. The other moves are just stab/dual priority. Drop any one of them for ice punch to break SkarmDos if you want, but I don't bother because HJK can 2hko skarm and 3hko zappy anyways (2hko after rocks iirc). Fake out + Bullet punch can kill mega garde after rocks, who threatens fighting a lot.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

I needed some form of status sponge, and I went with conkeldork. A bit of speed creep evs, rest are for power and bulk. AV to give me something against fast powerful special attackers, specifically flying ones. Moves are pretty standard, nothing much else to say to be honest. Switch this in on rival keldeos, slowbros, and other statusers. This is the only answer to slowbro besides breloom on my team, and it's not that reliable.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock / Earthquake
- Iron Head / Earthquake

You may have noticed my team doesn't have any rocks, nor any set up mons. That's what I love against terrakion+keldeo combo. If keldeo reveals scarf first, people expect terrakion to be rocks. If terrakion reveals scarf first, people expect keldeo to be sub+CM. This causes a lot of misplays.
Besides that, terrakion is definitely the mvp of the team. Standard EVs and all. Terrakion is a wincon against normal, steel, bug, fairy after klefki is bopped. It just does so, so much. It even deals with normal's dittos 50% of the time. Now, why do I have sr on it above eq? Tossing out sr against some types like fire and bug is worth the lack of momentum, and it bluffs me NOT being scarfed causing them to misplay later in the game. If you haven't noticed at this point, I love bluffing things. Nothing much to say, everyone knows keep this thing alive against bug if they have mega pinsir or you pretty much autolose.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

SkarmDos: If you see the skarmory/zapdos core and you have fighting, you know you might be fucked. Terrakion, keldeo and megacham can all attempt to deal with the core but it is a problem.

Ghost: Definitely the worst matchup. All I can say is, preserve conk. It's almost an autolose.

Mega Sableye: If cancer existed in the pokemon world, this mon would be it. I hate mega sableye. So. Much. It's not so much unkillable, but it is very very hard. Just hope breloom gets enough bullet seed hits, or switch to conk and then ice punch for glory.

Slowbro: The mimez! Slowbro is so annoying to deal with. It's generally on psychic, which is a bad matchup already. Just preserve breloom if you see it, and hope they don't switch it out.

There's probably more threats. If you think of any, put them in your replies. Even if I don't think they are a threat I'll edit in how I deal with them.

noone because i hate all of you stupid nerdy weaboos

ok real shoutouts
Zangooser bad
ellipse worse
Voltages worser
InfernapeTropius11 worsest
baconbagon xDDDD
dusk raimon slightly ok at 1v1 i guess
LegendBoy Lord B33 s h m u r d e r | shaiike scpinion Dream Eater Gengar Misaka Mikoto Articuno I mono nerds
Piccolo Daimao Chopin Alkaninoff SpartanMalice Ransei aesf HunterStorm jeran some other pretty cool ppl.
And everyone who plays AG because AG is awesome and you are awesome. The only exception is zangooser. He is still not awesome.
Sorry if I forgot you, you probably suck.

Thanks for reading guys, feel free to give me constructive feedback.

R E P L A Y S:
Vs cancer skarmdos core: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-263352728
Fighting ditto (tour finals): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-263267236

Unfortunately I've never saved replays in the past, gonna start saving some now to upload. These are from today. Expect more edited in.

A final look at the team:

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, this is a pretty cool team you have here, but I have a few suggestions that may help it out in the long run.

The main change I'd suggest is Heracross > Hawlucha. This may be strange since you already have access to Guts with Conkeldurr, but the two working together can really help against Ghost, Mega Sableye, and Slowbro.

Heracross @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

You could also make the Heracross set Choice Scarf > Choice Band, then make Terrakion a Stealth Rock setter, since you lack entry hazards, or run Infernape / Cobalion in place of something.

Last edited:
Might as well post this, because there are no mono fighting sample teams on the mono site (http://monotypeps.weebly.com/teams-for-beginners.html) and fighting is one of the best types for beginners to the tier to use. Might as well share an easy HO one (albeit a standard looking team).

Unfortunately I did not save proof of the peak because I was on a hot streak and was pushing for 1st, and I tilted badly after. Sorry guys. If you don't believe me, feel free to leave the thread lol idc about impressing people.

A glance at the team.
(definitely didn't just screenshot teamviewer)

I wanted to build a team around either breloom or dugtrio, because they are my 2 favorite mons. Dugtrio is absolutely trash in monotype because, well, the entire team is either weak to it or isn't! It doesn't actually do anything really trapping them! So I went with a team around breloom. I wanted HO, and grass tends to be more balanced or semi-stall, so I went with fighting.

HO = kill things before they kill you. Speed is very important, so I decided to drop 2 scarfers on it. I needed something to deal with grass, other fighting teams and more coverage in general. Hawlucha is a great answer. Then I needed a status absorber, and conkeldurr is the best option for that on fighting with guts and powerful offenses.

Finally, I needed a mega. I just prefer mega medicham over mega gallade. It has the highest attack out of any mon in OU, dual priority which is very very useful for revenging big fighting threats that setu p, such as bd azu and bd slurpuff. Easy choice.

Now, let's look at the team! I put my actual sets as the first things listed. The slashes are things you may want to add if you are using this team.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed / Focus Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance / Spore

Swaggy ass breloom leggo. My lead 95% of the time, the only time I don't lead with it is if they have a fake out user (infernape, mega medicham, mega lopunny), a slowbro, or a mega sableye pretty much. Evs are standard. 252/4/252, and adamant nature because it doesn't outspeed anything notable with a +spe nature, and the power is really appreciated. Bullet seed because I need to at least have a CHANCE against slowbro, and having a wincon against water is appreciated. Optional slash is focus punch because the power is nice, but it's not worth dropping coverage imo. Ground coverage is also useful. Mach punch and Rock tomb should be on every sash/LO breloom ever, if you don't have them there is a problem. Now, the interesting part. Why don't I run spore? Because everyone, good and bad, predicts breloom will spore. While spore can still be useful, it's much funnier wathcing them try to play around a move you don't actually have. It's also great not having spore for momentum, and SD can quickly turn breloom into a monster. Bluffing spore is a very rare strat, but it works out for me a LOT and is quite funny. In tours I usually just toss spore on anyways though.

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

1 of 2 viable hawlucha sets, the other of which being sky attack power herb. I greatly, greatly prefer this one though. Why? It can absorb status with subs, for one. You're guaranteed to get a sub if you click it due to sitrus recovering 25% below 50%. This thing wins a lot of battles, because of how powerful it gets. It can also potentially sweep fairy and psychic if you get lucky with predicts and can power up acro. EVs are standard. Hawlucha needs max speed to perform it's job well, so +spe and max are necessities. 12 in HP for sr, sitrus and some other rarer numbers. Rest is attack for power. Move set is self explanatory.

Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Keldeo-Resolute is rigged on showdown to get max rolls, crits and all side effects possible on all of it's moves, so I use it as a wincon. Don't tell Zarel I told you though.
Keldeo is really important on this team. It's a powerful scarfer, gives me the edge against ground, fire, steel, and a lot of other types. It breaks the SkarmDos core as well as doublade, both of which are HUGE threats to fighting. EVs nothing to say, max spe/spa and timid. Nothing new. Icy wind and secret sword are staples on keldeo. Scald is what I use, if you really care about power feel free to go with hydro instead but at least with scald you can rely on the 100% burn chance as a last-ditch effort as well as the accuracy. HP Electric is the only somewhat-odd move on here, and I use it to hit gyara hard and to not have dead weight against jellicent. Works against water teams as well in general, since sap sipper azu is so threatening to my team. HP Grass is an option, because it still hits things like jelli, and can also hit things that would otherwise wall it like gastro. Both are fine options.

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out / Ice Punch

Lord mega medicham. Standard Evs, because it is a base-100 mon jolly is required to at least speed tie other 100s. HJK is required on megacham imo, but if you really want to lose that power go with drain punch. Just don't come crying to me when it sucks. The other moves are just stab/dual priority. Drop any one of them for ice punch to break SkarmDos if you want, but I don't bother because HJK can 2hko skarm and 3hko zappy anyways (2hko after rocks iirc). Fake out + Bullet punch can kill mega garde after rocks, who threatens fighting a lot.

Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

I needed some form of status sponge, and I went with conkeldork. A bit of speed creep evs, rest are for power and bulk. AV to give me something against fast powerful special attackers, specifically flying ones. Moves are pretty standard, nothing much else to say to be honest. Switch this in on rival keldeo's, slowbro's, and other status'ers. This is the only answer to slowbro besides breloom on my team, and it's not that reliable.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head / Earthquake

You may have noticed my team doesn't have any rocks, nor any set up mons. That's what I love against terrakion+keldeo combo. If keldeo reveals scarf first, people expect terrakion to be rocks. If terrakion reveals scarf first, people expect keldeo to be sub+CM. This causes a lot of misplays.
Besides that, terrakion is definitely the mvp of the team. Standard EVs and all. Terrakion is a wincon against normal, steel, bug, fairy after klefki is bopped. It just does so, so much. It even deals with normal's dittos 50% of the time. Now, why do I have sr on it above eq? Tossing out sr against some types like fire and bug is worth the lack of momentum, and it bluffs me NOT being scarfed causing them to misplay later in the game. If you haven't noticed at this point, I love bluffing things. Nothing much to say, everyone knows keep this thing alive against bug if they have mega pinsir or you pretty much autolose.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

SkarmDos: If you see the skarmory/zapdos core and you have fighting, you know you might be fucked. Terrakion, keldeo and megacham can all attempt to deal with the core but it is a problem.

Ghost: Definitely the worst matchup. All I can say is, preserve conk. It's almost an autolose.

Mega Sableye: If cancer existed in the pokemon world, this mon would be it. I hate mega sableye. So. Much. It's not so much unkillable, but it is very very hard. Just hope breloom gets enough bullet seed hits, or switch to conk and then ice punch for glory.

Slowbro: The mimez! Slowbro is so annoying to deal with. It's generally on psychic, which is a bad matchup already. Just preserve breloom if you see it, and hope they don't switch it out.

There's probably more threats. If you think of any, put them in your replies. Even if I don't think they are a threat I'll edit in how I deal with them.

ok real shoutouts
Zangooser bad
ellipse worse
Voltages worser
baconbagon xDDDD
LegendBoy Lord B33 s h m u r d e r | shaiike scpinion Dream Eater Gengar Misaka Mikoto Articuno I #monoboys
Piccolo Daimao Chopin Alkaninoff SpartanMalice Ransei aesf HunterStorm jeran some other pretty cool ppl.
And everyone who plays AG because AG is awesome and you are awesome. The only exception is zangooser. He is still not awesome.

Hey, this is an aye ok team, its definatley on the more generic side, but I wanna ask about breloom's set. Like focus punch, I don't get why that's even slashed on, and swords danced is slashed with spore, id make spore alone and slash rock tomb with sd. Anyways, I agree with Twix's suggestion, Scarf Hera is gonna benefit your team quite a bit since you don't have mega gallade whose a hell lot bulkier, and can take psychic attacks way better. That and, you need an SR setter. I disagree however, with Twix's terrakion suggestion, because scarf Terrak helps you sweep flying, and its at a great speed tier to abuse scarf, so common base 80's and 100's it can outspeed if ran jolly. I do recommend though trying cobalion out, it can set up SR, as well as be overall great utility to the team, especially for thunder wave, so it'll make it much easier to sweep. I'll give you a quick sample set.

Cobalion @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head / Close Combat
- Taunt / Volt Switch

This set is fairly basic, sets up, prevents set up, nice t wave to slow down your foes and hinder them, iron head is preferred so you can hit fairies, but, if you just want a strong stab, close combat is an option. Otherwise, good job for getting top 10 with that team :)

I came, I saw

#monoboys forever
Also, Cobalion can work good as a physical wall. See Twix's post. I don't really think you need Conkeldurr that much

Last edited:
I won't believe you got #8 until you give me a screenshot xd

Jk. Anyway, nice team you got there. Pretty generic but I haven't seen Conk used in a while. So lets make it more generic by adding a cobalion instead. But seriously, Cobalion provides a ton of support to the team, with access to twave and sr, not to mention its invaluable bulk. Its not even slow unlike other balky af sr users, speed tieing with infernape and kekdeo/terrakion. Cobalion helps a lot vs fairy (no need to have something for ghost, you autolose to it anyway xd) Scarf/Band hera could help vs psychic, but I feel like cobalion provides better support for a hyper offensive team.

Tbf, its not exactly necessary to make the changes since your team looks pretty good anyway. This is just what I'd use.

2/10, needs more nicknames.

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Lel Ty for shoutout, but also I gotta say on fighting I havnt used a fighting team without heracross for ages, and with good reason. This is because with mega horn and knock off it can power thru opposing osychic teams and sometimes give fighting teams the advantage, but tbh u have God bird so idk why I even suggest changes. @.@

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
There are many problems with your team. It's very weak to psychic, fairy and ghost Your whole team is full of fighting types, you may want to change that. ;)

Honestly, it seems like a very well balanced HO team, excuse the juxtaposing. I don't know much about monotype, but those suggestions make sense to me. Does having three choice mons restrict you severely? Disable and Torment could potentially wreck you (if they were a thing in monotype).

Anyway good luck with your team and thank you for the shoutout!

A glance at the team.
(definitely didn't just screenshot teamviewer)

HO = kill things before they kill you. Speed is very important, so I decided to drop 2 scarfers on it. I needed something to deal with grass, other fighting teams and more coverage in general. Hawlucha is a great answer. Then I needed a status absorber, and conkeldurr is the best option for that on fighting with guts and powerful offenses.

Finally, I needed a mega. I just prefer mega medicham over mega gallade. It has the highest attack out of any mon in OU, dual priority which is very very useful for revenging big fighting threats that setu p, such as bd azu and bd slurpuff. Easy choice.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance / Spore

Swaggy ass breloom leggo. My lead 95% of the time, the only time I don't lead with it is if they have a fake out user (infernape, mega medicham, mega lopunny), a slowbro, or a mega sableye pretty much. Evs are standard. 252/4/252, and adamant nature because it doesn't outspeed anything notable with a +spe nature, and the power is really appreciated. Bullet seed because I need to at least have a CHANCE against slowbro, and having a wincon against water is appreciated. Optional slash is focus punch because the power is nice, but it's not worth dropping coverage imo. Ground coverage is also useful. Mach punch and Rock tomb should be on every sash/LO breloom ever, if you don't have them there is a problem. Now, the interesting part. Why don't I run spore? Because everyone, good and bad, predicts breloom will spore. While spore can still be useful, it's much funnier wathcing them try to play around a move you don't actually have. It's also great not having spore for momentum, and SD can quickly turn breloom into a monster. Bluffing spore is a very rare strat, but it works out for me a LOT and is quite funny. In tours I usually just toss spore on anyways though.

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Keldeo-Resolute is rigged on showdown to get max rolls, crits and all side effects possible on all of it's moves, so I use it as a wincon. Don't tell Zarel I told you though.

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out / Ice Punch

Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

I needed some form of status sponge, and I went with conkeldork. A bit of speed creep evs, rest are for power and bulk. AV to give me something against fast powerful special attackers, specifically flying ones. Moves are pretty standard, nothing much else to say to be honest. Switch this in on rival keldeo's, slowbro's, and other status'ers. This is the only answer to slowbro besides breloom on my team, and it's not that reliable.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head / Earthquake

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

ok real shoutouts
Zangooser bad
ellipse worse
Voltages worser
baconbagon xDDDD
LegendBoy Lord B33 s h m u r d e r | shaiike scpinion Dream Eater Gengar Misaka Mikoto Articuno I mono nerds

R E P L A Y S:
Vs cancer skarmdos core: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-263352728
Fighting ditto (tour finals): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-263267236

Unfortunately I've never saved replays in the past, gonna start saving some now to upload. These are from today. Expect more edited in.
Hi Josh, nice team you have here! Fighting isn't a type that I'm too fond of, as it is wayyyy too offensive for my tastes.

How much have you relied on Focus Sash on Breloom? If you're running SD and/or you want to capitalize on wallbreaking, I suggest running a Life Orb over a Focus Sash on Breloom. I'm not too sure why Fighting users are obsessed with SkarmDos, as Medicham literally decimates the core. You should be worried more of the defensive Dark core, in my opinion. (I have never really gotten into Fighting, but I've mained Dark and Flying in the past, and generally laughed as I would see Sableye and Mandibuzz wall the type while cringing at the sight of Medicham while running birds).

Being immune to spore and being able to sponge a non STAB Rock Tomb, Mandibuzz is a cold counter to Sashed Breloom. Breloom can then successfully remove Mandibuzz, and allow for an easier time against the type, while also getting rid of Slowbro with ease and having a much stronger priority in general. If you are ballsy enough, you can event opt out of Rock Tomb to run Force Palm, which has a VERY good chance to OHKO Skarmory with little prior damage.

Some calcs:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Rock Tomb vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 390-460 (92.1 - 108.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 321-378 (105.5 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 702-828 (178.1 - 210.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Force Palm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 239-282 (71.5 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Breloom and Medicham make for two stupidly powerful wall breakers, which allows you to utilize a better status absorber for this team. A change from Conkeldurr to Heracross can greatly benefit this team. Heracross is not only at a great Scarf and Band tier, but can help bridge the gap against Psychic and Ghost. While I do think that the Band set is unholy, I believe that a Scarf is better for the team.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Megahorn

Some calcs:

252 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 262-309 (94.5 - 111.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Medicham: 243-286 (93.1 - 109.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Heracross Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Chandelure: 226-266 (86.5 - 101.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 118-139 (38.8 - 45.7%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Guts Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 177-208 (58.2 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

At this point, you have two wall breakers and two revenge killers/cleaners and a set up sweeper/cleaner. This looks very messy to me, so I would recommend placing Hawlucha for Cobalion. Not only is Cobalion a better Stealth Rock user than Scarf Terrakion, Cobalion can also act as an essential pivot, allowing any of your offensive teammates to come in at the best of times, while offering great aid towards Fairy, as Cobalion is a great counter player with Mega-Diancie. Cobalion can also serve as Thunder Wave support, which helps against opposing offense and makes Breloom much more deadly. Conversely, Taunt can be used as well, as that can help continue breaking down walls.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 Hp / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave / Taunt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)