SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

Honestly I wouldn't even assume GameFreak/Masuda stepped in and went "NO YOU MUST HAVE THE 20 MINUTE TIMER" I could just see ILCA bringing that over and not giving it a second thought. "It's what the main game this generation uses, so we'll just "port" it over and use it too and move on"
Yeah, they didnt even had to worry about competitive as VGC stays in SWSH, this game was made as a single player game.
Considering the crunch, that's also a real possibility.

Except ILCA actually patches things in unlike GF, so hope? :psysly:
It was a bug fix patch, thats nothing new or you wouldnt be able to save your game on some areas of XY without deleting your save. Is not different from what GF does, is just bigger because the game was incomplete this time.

So uhhh... Lemme see if I got this right.

This game, as of right now, post-patch, does not link to Home?

Or is the 2022 thing just because of Arceus? :smogduck:

Considering the crunch, that's also a real possibility.
I'm saying that in every situation they probably would have done this exact same thing and there's not much reason to think otherwise.
Except ILCA actually patches things in unlike GF, so hope? :psysly:
They patched in the rest of the game that was supposed to be there from presumably their project plan; I would bet even the moveset and trainer tweaks were probably things meant for another pass that didnt get to go to the printer.

Correct, this was for both games in 2022.
Connect with Pokémon HOME in 2022

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl are scheduled to be connected with Pokémon HOME in 2022.
They made that clear in the video and on the official website
This is why I keep saying that we wont know about 2-way transfers until 2022

I'm pretty sure Home support for BDSP had always been scheduled for 2022 - I'm not sure if it's specifically tied to LA or what, but I don't think this has changed

Edit: Doubly sniped

:facepalm:

So much for my plan of passing a Luxio to SwSh real quick so it can get Thunder Fang.

Mind you, the very company responsible for Home made this game. How does one justify this? :pikuh:
Probably just made sense to make one update that would land in like February or March to encompass both games instead of an update and then another update like 2 weeks later.

And if we assume SWSH is eventually going to get an update they also probably just wait until both games are out to push one out alongside home.

Distortion Room is also in Ramanas Park, and is (from context we assume anyway) how we get the Griseous Orb

except instead of aroom with an item, its a room with a boss battle
That's really cool and at the same time makes no sense at all xD is that Giratina made of dark matter or something? xDDD

Does the distortion room have cool 3D puzzles or is it just "ooo giratina flies over and attacks nom nom"
I haven't seen any of the leakers actually go into the room,s but considering its called a "Room" and that the official trailer showed literally a single room and a spot to input the slate and a spot to presumably fight the pokemon that will appears...
No need to presume. Reddit has footage.

From what I've been told, these are just the fixed encounters. Think of it like how in SwSh in some areas there would always be a Steelix or a Beartic when you walk by, but there were other mons still to be found in those same areas.
Alright, cool. Now all I need to know is how early one can get a Ditto to appear.

Bank/Home support has consistently only dropped about a few months after each game's release, right? Bank and Home respectively didn't actually come out until a little after XY and SwSh's release dates; and then it took a bit after their releases for ORAS, SM and USUM support to be added. Not to mention how long it took with GO. Just how it goes it seems

(I also want to chip in a possible reason that presumably, support would be added after the original release date for HOME; meaning if you got a yearly subscription when it first came out, that won't cover it and you'll have to buy a new subscription for BDSP and/or LA)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)