Bring Your "A" Game (UU RMT)

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
BRING YOUR A GAME

Hey guys! This is my first time making a UU RMT, as I usually play OU, and have a pretty nice OU team that I enjoy using. However, I can only take so much weather in OU, and I decided to switch gears into a metagame that thankfully has no Politoads and Ninetails. I made my first UU team just recently, and after testing it countless of times to try and perfect the team to the best of my crummy UU knowledge, I think I've found a good base team for you guys to rate. I'm very successful with this team, and although there are a few flaws, I have been on a nice winning streak. I still may have some flaws that need to be ironed out, but that's what you guys are for! Hope you guys enjoy.

THE TEAM

IN DEPTH

"Ceaser is home..."
Ceaser (Darmanitan) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Superpower

QUOTE: Darmanitan's name is based off of the main Chimpanzee in the movie, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". This is the last line Ceaser says to his master before traveling off into the wilderness with his army of monkeys. Ceaser fits Darmanitan quite well, seeing that he's based off an ape.

SUMMARY: Choice Scarfed Darmanitan seems to be overlooked compared to it's Life Orb counterpart, who has the freedom to use all his moves and takes full advantage of his ability, Sheer Force. However one must take a good look at its below average speed and mediocre defenses, and also the wide amount of threats Darmanitan has to deal with. The biggest two are easily Scarfed Heracross, and Dragon Dance Scrafty. Heracross OHKOs it with Earthquake, and after one DD, Scrafty can Hi Jump Kick Darmanitan and OHKO it. However once a Choice Scarf is slapped onto him, he becomes one the greatest revenge killers in UU. With a decent move pool and an amazing ability to abuse the power of Flare Blitz, Darmanitan can come into anything weak or Darmanitan can hit super effectively and most likely OHKO it. When I was looking for a powerful Choice Scarf user, Darmanitan was definitely the better choice, and it has greatly shown. He checks serious threats such as Heracross, Scrafty, Porygon2 and Z, Shaymin, Registeel, and much more.

EVs, ITEM, MOVE SET: A Choice Scarf Darmanitan has a lot of potential, and can be used to revenge kill, or late game sweep. With a Choice Scarf, not much is safe from a boosted Flare Blitz. His EVs are invested in his Attack and Speed stat obviously, and most importantly his Jolly nature, which allows him to out pace the ever so common Jolly Scarfed Heracross. Without max speed, Heracross can rip my team to shreds. His move set takes less advantage of his Sheer Force ability and focuses more on revenge killing. Flare Blitz is his only Sheer Force boosted move, but that's all it needs. This spammable STAB Fire type move can rip anything to shreds, and nothing really likes getting hit by it. This is his main move that takes shits on Heracross and Steel types such as Bronzong, while also keeping Shaymin and Roserade in check. Earthquake deals with Rock and Fire types such as Arcanine and Chandelure, while hitting Raikou pretty damn hard. U-Turn is purely for scouting and racking up nice damage to Grass, Dark, and Psychic types, and almost OHKO Weavile. His last move Superpower packs an insane punch to Porygon2 and Snorlax, and OHKOs Bisharp and Weavile. It's also a more reliable move to take down these mentioned types instead of Flare Blitz, because of the lack of recoil. It's also a good move to finish off Milotic and Blastoise, whereas Earthquake may be too weak to.

ROLE ON THE TEAM: Darmanitan is my teams primary revenge killer, and it succeeds greatly in what it does. It provides immense coverage to Bug and Steel types, while also packing moves such as Superpower and Earthquake to clean up late game or revenge kill with. Without Darmanitan, my team would surely be lacking.

"Dr. Cortex ain't got shit on me".
Crash (Blastoise) @ Leftovers

Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Roar

QUOTE: My Blastoise's name is based off my pet turtle I had from when I was 6. His name was Crash based off of one of my favorite video games as a kid, Crash Bandicoot. Blastoise definitely isn't a Bandicoot, but then again it's pretty ironic that Crash's main form of attacking was spinning, and Blastoise is my spinner.

SUMMARY: Ahhh Blastoise, such a classic. It's hard to think that 15 years later this guy would still be up fighting in the upper tiers with his good pals Venusaur and Charizard. Blastoise is definitely good at what it does, and that's being a great supporter. Not only can he tank hits physically and defensively, but he can also provide utility support in the form of Rapid Spin, Roar, and Toxic. These three moves alone help Blastoise become the ultimate supporter, and with a team full of offense, Blastoise is here to save the day. When choosing between defensive Water types, it was a hard choice between Blastoise and Milotic. Milotic has very nice special bulk, and with enough investment can also have good defensive bulk too, and access to Recover. However, she lacks Rapid Spin, which is crucial to a team with two powerful revenge killers who switch in a lot. Although Blastoise may not be the best staller, he still excels over Milotic in all around team support and synergy.

EVs, ITEM, MOVE SET: Blastoise excels at being a great defensive wall. Having only two weaknesses, although common, Blastoise can still be extremely useful at tanking any kind of attacking. All of his EVs are invested into his physical bulk, maxing out his HP and Defense as high as possible. With this investment, he is able to take 3 Close Combats from a Jolly Heracross, and 2-3 Hi Jump Kicks from Mienshao lacking Life Orb. That's pretty impressive for a Pokemon like Blastoise. His item is of course Leftovers, because that's his only means of healing due to him lacking Recover. Scald is Blastoise's most reliable STAB with a very appealing 30% burn rate which happens ever so often. Although not meant to be powerful, it can still OHKO physically defensive Rhyperior and do some serious damage to Darmanitan and Chandelure. The main motive however like mentioned earlier, is it's infamous burn chance. Burn can ruin any physical sweepers day, and many threats such as Scrafty, Heracross with Moxie, and Machamp become almost useless with there attack halved. Rapid Spin is what makes Blastoise so useful for my team. It protects my team from Stealth Rocks and Toxic Spikes/Spikes that are thrown out all the time in UU. Without Rapid Spin support, both Darmanitan and Weavile take 25% damage from Stealth Rocks, limiting the amount of time they can switch in. This is crucial, because Weavile and especially Darmanitan will be switch in and out due to both of them being Choice locked. Toxic spreads the deadly Toxic poison, and prevents stallers such as Slowbro and Milotic from stalling me out. It's also great to keep sweepers from staying in the entire round. Blastoise's last move is Roar, and it's easily just as important as Rapid Spin. Roar keeps set up sweepers from sweeping my team, such as Scrafty and Durant. It also Roars away Substituters like Machamp and Chandelure, who can easily wreck a team under a sub. Lastly, it racks up residual damage when Stealth Rocks is on the field, which can greatly help me whittle down HP so they can be finished off. Ninjask and Scyther are often picked off by Roar and Stealth Rocks alone.

ROLE ON THE TEAM: Probably the best supporter on my team. He provides decent Water coverage against Ground types, while providing Rapid Spin support and the ability to stop sweepers in their tracks. He also tanks hits and stallers, which all in all, makes Blastoise a huge asset to my team.

"4x weak to Water? Challenge Accepted."
Iron Maiden (Bronzong) @ Leftovers

Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Dragon Tail

QUOTE: Pretty much just a joke because Specially Defensive Rhyperior can take a almost any hit from a water type and survive it by at least a sliver of health.

SUMMARY: Bronzong was probably the greatest Pokemon ever to descend into UU. His typing is almost perfect for a wall, seeing as he only has one true weakness and two immunity's, one being very common in UU. With the Psychic typing, he can even switch into some Fighting types if he has two, and take 2-4 hits depending on the Pokemon. With Levitate, he also has an immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, two very annoying things that walls have to deal with. He can switch into Toxic as well, and if he is paralyzed, he can do an extreme amount of damage with Gyro Ball. Bronzong functions as one of the best walls in UU for good reason. He can resist almost all of Flygon's moves as well as immune to his Earthquake, and can 2HKO it with Gyro Ball once it's locked into Outrage. With all this in mind, Bronzong fits very well on my team as the team's main Stealth Rocker, and also takes any non fire move like a champ. Thanks to his very good Defensive and Special Defensive bulk, Bronzong can effectively wall everything, and is a great Pokemon to use on a primarily offensive team.

EVs, ITEM, MOVE SET: Bronzong is bulky, and that's what I want it to excel in. I juiced up his defenses to the highest levels, while also maxing out it's HP. With this setup, he can effectively wall several Outrages from a Flygon, three Dynamicpunches from a Machamp, and 2-3 Hi Jump Kicks from Mienshao. Leftovers is his only means of recovery, since he doesn't have Recover. Bronzong's move set is centered around setting up Stealth Rocks, while providing Toxic support that could really hurt a stall or sweeping team, specially if it packs a lot of Life Orbs. Stealth Rocks is used on Bronzong because he is a very good user of it, being able to switch in repeatedly if need be to throw up more Stealth Rocks. Stealth Rock destroys Baton Passing teams who use Ninjask as their main passer, and it also wrecks Scyther as well. Other common Pokemon such as Darmanitan, Zapdos, and Weavile will take heavy damage as well, and have to be careful how many times they switch in and out. This move has one me more games then I can count, honestly. His only reliable STAB is Gyro Ball that actually does some serious damage to less bulky threats such as Flygon, 2HKOing it after Stealth Rocks, and also OHKOing Frosslass, and Weavile. It's mostly just there to provide nice damage in conjunction with Toxic, and helps speed up the process. Lastly, it is a powerful move to break Substitutes on Raikou and Dusclops. Toxic is his main stalling move to stall out other stallers such as Slowbro that don't carry Fire Blast, and Snorlax or Gligar. It can also keep Life Orbed sweepers from lasting too long, greatly limiting their effectiveness. Earthquake is Bronzong's last ditch as providing some coverage support against something like Nidoking or Nidoking that may try to take it out on the switch. It can also hit many Fire types like Chandelure for nice damage, and also Electric and Steel types don't appreciate it either. It's also for anything that resists Gyro Ball.

ROLE ON THE TEAM: Bronzong's provides the team with not only another great wall, but also a great supporter as well. With Stealth Rocks, my team can find revenge killing much easier, and switching much riskier as well for the opponent. He also provides a immunity to two types, and can resist powerful moves from Flygon and even Kingdra. Without Bronzong, my team would lack something to wall the plethora of Ground, Rock, Steel, and Psychic moves.

"I'm coming right back at ya!"
Boomerang (Virizion) @ Life Orb

Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Rock

QUOTE: Virizion is best described as a Boomerang, because it can take damage, and deal a ton right back to you! Specially with a few Calm Mind set ups, and the pure power of Focus Blast.

SUMMARY:: Virizion's step down from OU to UU came as a big surprise to a lot of people. Me, I honestly thought it was a very good choice. Virizion belongs in UU just as much as Cobalion does, with her amazing two STABs and decent bulk for a more offensive Pokemon, she can really mow through unprepared teams. She has good Attack and SpA as well as having access to both Swords Dance and Calm Mind, giving her two important niches that could make her a physical or special sweeper. If she chooses to go down the physical route, she has access to Leaf Blade and Close Combat, both being powerful STABs. For her special side, she has Giga Drain that is not only powerful, but heals off a lot of health, as well as Focus Blast and a Hidden Power of her choice. I can see why she didn't really cut it for being in OU, because with all the very bulky and powerful threats in OU, she needed time to set up, and it was much harder to pull off a sweep. Sun teams could destroy her with their mass of Fire types and Scarfed Mons such as Genesect that could hurt her hard with all of his moves. However in UU, Virizion finds it much easier to come in and set up for sweep, and although she may not have raw fire power like her brother Terrakion, her defenses make up for it. With two Calm Mind boosts, she turns into a dangerous hard hitting special tank that walls Kingdra, and can even take a Draco Meteor need be. Threats such as Nidoking who deal powerful Fire Blasts, can actually not OHKO a full healed Virizion with +2 SpD raises from Calm Mind. The combination to be able to out speed a majority of UU and a few Calm Mind boosts, Virizion can really be hard to stop, and is very useful for dealing with headaches like Kingdra, Swampert, and Rhyperior.

EVs, ITEM, MOVE SET: My Virizion is designed to be a Special sweeper that can tank hits and deal back hard hits with it's powerful STABS and good coverage. She is heavily invested in her SpA to make her hit as hard as possible, however her nature Timid in order for her to out speed a wide majority of the offensive UU metagame. Life Orb helps her deal harder hits so she may only need 1-2 Calm Mind boosts to successfully pull of a sweep. Giga Drain works well in conjunction with her Life Orb in order to heal off the lost HP. Being maxed speed, she can be almost unstoppable with a 2-3 Calm Minds up, and as long as bulky Fire types and Special walls are taken care of she can really put a lot of pressure on teams. Calm Mind is her way of preparing her for a bulky hard hitting sweep. Several Calm Mind boosts in conjunction with her already good SpD and Giga Drain can make her very difficult to be taken out. Giga Drain is her only good special STAB, however being able to heal 50% of each hit dealt really makes up for it. If Virizion can deal massive damage with Giga Drain on something bulkier, she can stick around a lot longer, and also heal off her Life Orb damage as well. Giga Drain works wonders on Swampert and Blastoise on top of getting a nice health boost as well. Focus Blast is unreliable, we all know that. However, it makes up for it with its raw power that unlike Close Combat, doesn't lower her defensive stats which she needs. With the combination of STAB, Life Orb, and Calm Mind, Snorlax, Porygon2, and Registeel are almost if not always OHKOed by this move, that is if it hits. Even if it isn't these mentioned Pokemon, nothing wants to take a boosted Focus Blast. It hits waaayy to hard for comfort, and safely switching into this move is not the easiest. Her last move is for coverage, and Hidden Power Rock does just that. It's basically Rock Slide in a nutshell, with 100% accuracy and only 5 less BP. HP Rock hits pretty much all of Virizion's weaknesses with Super Effective damage (except psychic). It hits Heracross relatively hard, and frail common attackers like Chandelure and Darmanitan have a possibility of being OHKOed after a Calm Mind. Zapdos who usually carries Heat Wave is in for a pretty nasty surprise, and Moltres.... just stop. Lastly, it's a weaker, more reliable move for dealing with Weavile and Frosslass, who is immune to Fighting. I use HP Rock over HP Ice because Weavile and Nidoking both carry Ice attacks, and I feel that I need more coverage against Flying and Fire types so HP Rock works pretty well.

ROLE ON THE TEAM: Although Scrafty was a powerful team member, it was slow as molasses and absolutely needed 1-2 two Dragon Dances to even think about being useful. Virizion however, provides the team with two STABS that my team doesn't have already, Grass being the most important. Actually other than Kingdra, the biggest threat to my team was a bulky offensive Swampert. Yea you heard that right, Swampert. Being bulky and powerful, this thing could almost insure 2 KOs on me due to my teams lack of a grass move. If he had Curse.. sheesh don't even get me started on that one. However with Virizion, Swampert is not even close to being a problem anymore, being OHKOed by a 4x super effective Giga Drain. Being so much faster than Scrafty, she can actually revenge kill as well, and she also has bulk like Scrafty too. She, in my opinion, was a much better choice in the long run.

"People have been swinging at me for years, they always seem to miss."
King Stark (Nidoking) @ Life Orb

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

QUOTE: Nidoking's name is based off of Rob Stark, King of Winterfell in the hit TV series/books "Game of Thrones". Being the king that he is, I think this fits Nidoking quite well. This quote is a famous quote said by Rob Stark himself, and being the unpredictable very dangerous Pokemon he is, this quote fits him perfectly. One of the best name choices on my team by far.

SUMMARY:: This thing..... is an absolute monster. I'm not kidding, when I first started playing UU, I never knew that this 1st generation classic had so much potential. With one of the best abilities in the game, Sheer Force, Nidoking becomes the UU version of Landorus at becoming one of the greatest special attacking cleaners in the tier. I don't care if his speed is somewhat mediocre, this thing can absolutely demolish unprepared team. Having an amazing move pool with the combination of a decent SpA, Sheer Force, and Life Orb, holy crap. Your team better be packing a hard hitter, because this thing will seriously mess you up. Anything slower and weak to this is already dead the moment he comes into the field. Every single one of his moves are boosted by 60%.... SIXTY PERCENT!! That's more than a Choice Specs boost! Having the freedom of all his 4 wonderful moves and no recoil from Life Orb, this thing is very unpredictable. No one can be entirely sure what Nidoking's move set is, and switching into anything is risky unless it somehow can resist Electric, Ground, Fire, and Ice, all being great offensive types. Nidoking definitely leads the team in the special attacking department, helping Virizion take down Physical walls and anything else like it's their job.

EVs, ITEM, MOVE SET: Nidoking is built to create mass destruction against anything it gets its hands on. Not much is safe from Nidoking, and speedy water types are really his only fear. He MUST have maximum speed if he wants to be useful, or his offensive capabilities would never be fully showen due to him being out sped all the time. Everything else is put into his SpA to help his 60% boosted special moves the best that they can be. His item is a Life Orb for that extra 30% boost towards his already 30% boosted moves, adding up to a deadly 60% boost to all of Nidoking's moves. The lack of recoil with Life Orb due to the Sheer Force boost is the cherry on top of this ultimate sundae. First up is Earth Power, Nidoking's horrifying STAB move that scares the shorts off of Fire, Rock, and Steel types such as Chandelure, Registeel, and Rhyperior. Anything that doesn't resist it is in for a shock at just how much damage something with only 90 BP can do to even special walls. Fire Blast is the middle finger towards Bronzong, who thinks he can wall all of Nidoking's moves, but instead becoming just another victim of Nidoking's rampage. It's also pretty nice to have against Heracross on the switch, and Roserade who may not expect it. Ice Beam demolishes Gligar who is 4x weak to it, and Zapdos who in the future will not be effected by Thunderbolt due to Lightning Rod. In the meantime, it's just a better move to use against it. Rhyperior is also 4x weak to it, and this is easily Nidoking's best overall move for it's immense amount of coverage. Thunderbolt rounds off the set by supplying it with a weapon against Water types like Blastoise and Milotic. It's actually quite surprising how much Thunderbolt does to such a specially defensive wall like Milotic, sometimes being a 2HKO.

ROLE ON THE TEAM: The go to man for anything my team doesn't already cover. He is the team's best late game cleaner with his immense amount of coverage and okay bulk and speed. His move arsenal combined with his fire power is just unmatched, and catching people off by surprise is always great too. Nidoking is just one amazing Pokemon, and he never seizes to amaze me.

"Tough guy huh? We'll see."
Icy Chill (Weavile) @ Choice Band

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

QUOTE: Chill was the name of my very first Weavile I ever had when I first played Diamond and Pearl. It was actually one of the few shiny Pokemon I luckily had at the time too. However, I decided to breed Chill with a Ditto I told had 31 in all IVs. When I hatched the new Sneasel, my friend using a Action Replay found out Icy Chill had 31 in all of his IVs except Defense. I was stoked! A shiny Weavile dad given birth to a super Weavile? Anyway, I named the new Weavile Icy Chill, and now this Weavile is basically a copy of it. The quote is something I always thought Weavile would say if he could talk. He's always seemed to have a punk ass attitude.

SUMMARY:: You see, Weavile isn't laughing with you, he's laughing at you. Seriously, he isn't just laughing because he's Jolly (no pun intended). A Choice Banded Weavile in my opinion is probably one of the most dangerous Pokemon in UU, and can leave teams shitting their pants. Fast, powerful, and just plain unpredictable, Weavile is a force to be reckoned with in UU, and although he has some major weaknesses defensively, offensively this thing takes the cake. Having two very dangerous STAB moves in it's arsenal, one for revenge killing and one for trapping, Weavile can turn the tides of an entire battle into a win for me. If I play my cards right and keep Weavile alive most of the battle, Weavile can wreck havoc on an offensive or defensive based team. He has a very high 120 base Attack, and an even higher 125 base speed, making him one of the fastest offensive Pokemon in UU bar Aerodactyl who is OHKO by Ice Shard. With high speed and high attack, Weavile can become one of the greatest revenge killers in the entire metagame, and this little guy can sweep an entire team with just one move if the team lacks a Fire or Fighting type.

EVs, ITEM, MOVE SET: Choice Banded Weavile is extremely dangerous. Period. A Life Orbed Weavile cannot compare to the true devastation that a banded Weavile can bring to the UU metagame. All of his moves are boosted by 50%, making his Ice Shard priority move a huge threat to wounded Pokemon or those that are 4x weak to it. Every single one of his moves can cause peril to a team, and I honestly cannot stress enough how important it is to have something that can effectively take care of this. Don't rely on Stealth Rocks seeing as I have a Rapid Spinner, you must pack a Scarfer who can resist Ice Shard. It's the only efficient way of dealing with it. His EVs are invested in his speed so he can out speed anything that's not named Crobat or Aerodactyl, and sometimes the rare Accelgor. Other than that, nope unless your scarfed. I realize that Life Orb sets allow Weavile to pack a punch and be able to switch moves, but with Weavile's terrible bulk and weakness to Stealth Rocks, he needs that HP to live the whole battle. Most people lead with Weavile, however I feel that it is foolish to risk losing Weavile so soon. I let mine hang back, and wait for the right moment to strike. Ice Shard is the "Finish Him" move that wins games all the time against other priority users such as Hitmontop. Flygon and Aerodactyl absolutely fear this move, and are OHKOed by such a wimpy move, but with STAB and Choice Band, it really isn't all the wimpy. Pursuit is another devastating move to use against Chandelure, Frosslass, Slowbro. However, if they decide to switch out, it's almost a sure OHKO on Slowbro, and can do massive damage to anything that decides to get the hell on out of there. Low Kick is a great coverage move against Registeel and even Bronzong who wall Weavile's other moves. It also OHKOs Snorlax, Porygon2, and Cobalion. It's also a pretty reliable move to be locked into and late game clean. His last move is Ice Punch. This is his most powerful STAB that hurts the hell out of anything that doesn't resist it, and it also is a more powerful move to deal with bulkier threats such as Roserade, Rhyperior, and Zapdos. Probably his best move to deal with anything actually, and it can surprisingly 2HKO an Offensive Kingdra.

ROLE ON THE TEAM: This Weavile is designed to be a mischievous wall breaker that can punch holes in teams as well as being an amazing revenge killer and trapper. If I'd have to nominate the best team member, it would most likely be Weavile with Bronzong and Darmanitan in close second.

TOP THREATS:

Heracross: Always a big threat that every team needs to watch out for, mostly Choice Scarfed variants. I have Darmanitan who can OHKO it with Flare Blitz, so it's not that big of a deal, but still dangerous.

Kingdra: This thing is incredibly dangerous to my team, and my team doesn't seem to have a very efficient way of taking it out. Weavile can 2HKO it with Ice Punch, but is OHKOed by almost all of it's STABS. Virizion seems to do an okay job as long as she has at least 2-3 Calm Minds up, but relying on 3 turns of setup is impractical to handle ONE threat. I almost always have to sacrifice a team member to this thing, and it needs to be taken care of in a more orderly fashion.

Machamp: Machamp can be quite a problem at times. Yes he is slow as hell, and yes it is taken down easily by psychic types, but there lies the problem. With a team that lacks a psychic move, Machamp can really hurt my team with its never missing Stone Edge and Dynamicpunch, which always succeeds in confusing. Worse is when he gets a Substitute up. The best way in dealing with this is with Blastoise, with his combination of bulk, burn chance, Roar, and Yawn.

IMPORTABLE

Code:
Ceaser (Darmanitan) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Crash (Blastoise) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Roar

Iron Maiden (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Boomerang (Virizion) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]

King Stark (Nidoking) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Icy Chill (Weavile) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SDef / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I would like to thank you guys for sticking around and reading this RMT. It took me a lot of time and effort to perfect this, but it was fun nonetheless, and I hope you guys enjoyed! Please feel free to rate my team as much or as hard as you want, and I will take every rate into consideration. Thanks again guys, and good luck on your own teams!

Gary

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright finally I can re bump this thread after all that work. Please rate this guys, I put a lot of work into this RMT, and I would really appreciate a rate. Thanks!

Well I'll give a quick rate for now. First thing I notice is that both Darmanitan and Nidoking need to be running different natures.

With a Choice Scarf Darmanitan wants to be Adamant to make up for the lack of life orb, and with the scarf Jolly isn't letting you outspeed anything in particular you won't be able to with Adamant.

The same thing applies with Nidoking. With a Timid nature he can speed tie with non-scarf variants of Heracross, and beat non-scarf variants of Chandelure... Well in my experience Heracross will almost always be scarfed, and you resist half his moveset with Nidoking anyway. Chandelure is also almost always choiced, but if it's not running a scarf set it's also usually running a Modest nature.

Basically, make Nidoking Modest and Darmanitan Adamant. They're not beating anything with the +speed natures that they won't with the changes, and the extra damage output is a huge bonus.

EDIT: I understand that with Jolly you can handle Heracross better. I had meant to say that Nidoking makes a fantastic check to him, as he can take everything except an Earthquake and KO back. You've also got Weavile with the CB Ice Shard to revenge a weakened Heracross. I think you'll be much better off with an Adamant Darmanitan putting huge holes in your opponents walls.

Gary

Well I'll give a quick rate for now. First thing I notice is that both Darmanitan and Nidoking need to be running different natures.

With a Choice Scarf Darmanitan wants to be Adamant to make up for the lack of life orb, and with the scarf Jolly isn't letting you outspeed anything in particular you won't be able to with Adamant.

The same thing applies with Nidoking. With a Timid nature he can speed tie with non-scarf variants of Heracross, and beat non-scarf variants of Chandelure... Well in my experience Heracross will almost always be scarfed, and you resist half his moveset with Nidoking anyway. Chandelure is also almost always choiced, but if it's not running a scarf set it's also usually running a Modest nature.

Basically, make Nidoking Modest and Darmanitan Adamant. They're not beating anything with the +speed natures that they won't with the changes, and the extra damage output is a huge bonus.

EDIT: I understand that with Jolly you can handle Heracross better. I had meant to say that Nidoking makes a fantastic check to him, as he can take everything except an Earthquake and KO back. You've also got Weavile with the CB Ice Shard to revenge a weakened Heracross. I think you'll be much better off with an Adamant Darmanitan putting huge holes in your opponents walls.
Thanks for the rate man. I'll try Nidoking's nature out. It is quite a shame though when Darmanitan is out sped by Heracross... I honestly don't ever find myself regretting the loss of power from Adamant... but I'll try it out. If I find myself losing battles to to Heracross I will switch back to Jolly. Thanks again.

ss234

bop.
Hey there. This is a pretty cool team you have here. However, I can see some problems with it.

As you have pointed out, Heracross is a major problem for you. Darmanitan is the only poke that you have to take him out, and if you run Adamant then you flat out lose to Scarf Hera. Nidoking dies with a tiny bit of extra damage too, and both Bronzong and Blastoise are 2HKO'd. I don't really see Kingdra as much of a threat, as Blastoise and Bronzong should be able to deal with physical sets nicely, while giving Virizion a bit of bulk allows to beat special Kingdra. To help with your Heracross weakness, I recommend running either an OTR Cofagrigus or a Crobat over Nidoking. OTR Cofagrigus can tank quite a few hits from Heracross provided it's not SD, and does a number on Tornadus rain teams. Crobat gives you a much stronger fighting resist than Nidoking, and gives you a nice stall breaker as well as generally a very anti-metagame threat. Crobat also really enjoys having Stealth Rock taken off of the field by Blastoise.

You also have a rather large Raikou weakness. If Raikou comes in on Blastoise and it's the last Pokemon, it only take a bit of prediction to deal some very heavy damage. Zapdos and Rotom-H are 2 other very big threats. You have to rely on the combo of Weavile and Darmanitan to take out Raikou, while you can't do anything to Rotom-H who can take out your pokes one after one. Again, this is slightly mitigated by a more defensive Virizion spread, but you could run some more special defence on Bronzong as well. 208 defence and a Sassy nature allows you to only be 3HKO'd with a +1 Tbolt after SR, and Earthquake deals out a 2HKO. It's not a completely solid counter, but it does mean that Weavile or Darmanitan can finish him off quite easily. Zong counters Flygon courtesy of his typing anyway, and psychic type move are generally special(so Bronzong also becomes a better check to NP Mew/Azelf, for example). If you'd prefer a more solid counter, then Rhyperior is also a great option. Specially defensive Rhyperior is an incredibly solid check to the multiple electrics of the tier, and can set-up SR, and can also phaze if you want it to. He does much the same thing as Bronzong, such as countering Crobat, and can survive an EQ from Scarf Flygon which is by far the most common set, and Blastoise+Weavile already handles Flygon quite well. His water weakness is mitigated by Virizion, while his grass and rock weaknesses are handled by Crobat nicely. If you go Cofagrigus, then virizion can take grass type moves I guess, but Crobat fits better onto your team I think.

Finally, I recommend a more defensive spread for Virizion. Virizion needs to be countering bulky water types for Crobat and Darmanitan and Rhyperior(although they can on their own together take out most of them, like Qwilfish and opposing Blastoise). Therefore, 20 ev's from speed should go into HP, and Leftovers would be my prefered item. However, you may prefer the power boost so it doesn't matter much.

Here are the sets:

Crobat @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 176 HP / 192 Atk / 136 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Dragon Tail

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Spd
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

tl;dr: Crobat/Cofagrigus over Nidoking
Rhyperior over Bronzong or more defensive spread on Bronzong(204 SpD and Sassy nature
20 speed ev's to HP ev's on Virizion, and Leftovers over Life Orb

Overally, this is a really well presented and solid team. I hope I've helped.

Gary

Hey there. This is a pretty cool team you have here. However, I can see some problems with it.

As you have pointed out, Heracross is a major problem for you. Darmanitan is the only poke that you have to take him out, and if you run Adamant then you flat out lose to Scarf Hera. Nidoking dies with a tiny bit of extra damage too, and both Bronzong and Blastoise are 2HKO'd. I don't really see Kingdra as much of a threat, as Blastoise and Bronzong should be able to deal with physical sets nicely, while giving Virizion a bit of bulk allows to beat special Kingdra. To help with your Heracross weakness, I recommend running either an OTR Cofagrigus or a Crobat over Nidoking. OTR Cofagrigus can tank quite a few hits from Heracross provided it's not SD, and does a number on Tornadus rain teams. Crobat gives you a much stronger fighting resist than Nidoking, and gives you a nice stall breaker as well as generally a very anti-metagame threat. Crobat also really enjoys having Stealth Rock taken off of the field by Blastoise.

You also have a rather large Raikou weakness. If Raikou comes in on Blastoise and it's the last Pokemon, it only take a bit of prediction to deal some very heavy damage. Zapdos and Rotom-H are 2 other very big threats. You have to rely on the combo of Weavile and Darmanitan to take out Raikou, while you can't do anything to Rotom-H who can take out your pokes one after one. Again, this is slightly mitigated by a more defensive Virizion spread, but you could run some more special defence on Bronzong as well. 208 defence and a Sassy nature allows you to only be 3HKO'd with a +1 Tbolt after SR, and Earthquake deals out a 2HKO. It's not a completely solid counter, but it does mean that Weavile or Darmanitan can finish him off quite easily. Zong counters Flygon courtesy of his typing anyway, and psychic type move are generally special(so Bronzong also becomes a better check to NP Mew/Azelf, for example). If you'd prefer a more solid counter, then Rhyperior is also a great option. Specially defensive Rhyperior is an incredibly solid check to the multiple electrics of the tier, and can set-up SR, and can also phaze if you want it to. He does much the same thing as Bronzong, such as countering Crobat, and can survive an EQ from Scarf Flygon which is by far the most common set, and Blastoise+Weavile already handles Flygon quite well. His water weakness is mitigated by Virizion, while his grass and rock weaknesses are handled by Crobat nicely. If you go Cofagrigus, then virizion can take grass type moves I guess, but Crobat fits better onto your team I think.

Finally, I recommend a more defensive spread for Virizion. Virizion needs to be countering bulky water types for Crobat and Darmanitan and Rhyperior(although they can on their own together take out most of them, like Qwilfish and opposing Blastoise). Therefore, 20 ev's from speed should go into HP, and Leftovers would be my prefered item. However, you may prefer the power boost so it doesn't matter much.

Here are the sets:

Crobat @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 176 HP / 192 Atk / 136 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Dragon Tail

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Spd
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

tl;dr: Crobat/Cofagrigus over Nidoking
Rhyperior over Bronzong or more defensive spread on Bronzong(204 SpD and Sassy nature
20 speed ev's to HP ev's on Virizion, and Leftovers over Life Orb

Overally, this is a really well presented and solid team. I hope I've helped.
Hey my man thanks for this awesome rate! I changed Virizion's EV spread to make it more bulky, and the speed loss doesn't really seem to be bothering it, so it was well worth it. With a Calm Mind up Raikou is pretty much walled even if it carries HP Ice or Extrasensory, and can be taken down relatively easy with the combination of Focus Blast and Giga Drain.

I've tried out your Crobat over Nidoking idea, and I've got to say I'm absolutely loving it! Crobat's pretty nice bulk with Roost lets it effectively take out dangerous threats like Mienshao and Machamp, both dangerous to my team with Brave Bird. Another threat that I noticed the other day that I didn't even think I had was Umbreon. With Weavile gone, Umbreon can tank a Superpower or Flare Blitz from Darmanitan, and out stall Blastoise with Wish/Heal Bell and Protect. With Crobat though, I can switch into Umbreon, take a Toxic need be, and Taunt it, rendering it only to use Foul Play. Seriously, I'm not kidding when I say I love this thing, and he's probably going to replace Nidoking.

The Rhyperior idea over Bronzong is good and bad. It's good that I have a very powerfully defensive Pokemon with, however his weakness to the common Water and Grass is quite annoying. Also, I don't see how this thing is considered a reliable Raikou encounter. Raikou packs HP Grass and Ice, both are 4x effective against it. Rhyperior can 2HKO Raikou with Earthquake, and sometimes cant take even one hit from Raikou or Zapdos. However, I'm still definitely considering him because of his insane bulk and firepower, which Bronzong lacked.

EDIT: Never mind, I'm going to use Rhyperior over Bronzong. I had no idea how powerful this thing is with it's STAB Earthquake and Rock Blast, and if you combined that with huge bulk and Solid Rock, this thing is seriously a force to be reckoned with. Thanks for the recommendation man!

PS: Hold off on the rating's again guys. I need to reconstruct my team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)