Brokemons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shift Gear Metagross doesn't seem like too much if it already gets Agility. We didn't do much to it anyway and it clearly needs help since this 600 BST monster is in UU. Is it okay by you Simsims?

Ok analytic is actually good if metagross gets shift gear, because it therefore forces switches and power up it's moves via analytic just wanted to point that out.

Last edited:
I probably should explain the situation (because let's be honest, I wasn't really working on the project for a week). I have lots of work in the school, and I barely have time to work on anything. I'm not even talking about this project, I don't have time to work on my other projects either.

I'm not sure what should I do at this project. I don't have time to work on it, but it's already (estimated) 20% done (I'm ignoring Pokémon changes). Yes, just 20%, but let's be honest, the project is huge. I implemented 6 abilities previous week, but let's be honest, there are 91 abilities, and 169 moves, and coding even a single move takes a while. Especially when new mechanics are crazy, and nothing works that way (see Aqua Ring which took me 2 hours to implement or Cheek Pouch).

The entire concern is mechanics change page. The Pokémon changes pages are easy to apply (they have consistent format which is easy to parse with a simple script). Mechanics page however cannot be parsed with a script (let's ignore "type changes" section, that one was already applied).

My hackmons mod is still being worked on, but let's be honest, the progress is very slow. Hope it will be faster during vacation, as there will be no school to worry about.

TalkTakesTime

as shallow as a plate of cereal
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok now that it's near summer for a lot of people even though i know some have to work, time to !summon the coders Snaquaza Piccolo Daimao Monte Cristo TalkTakesTime
Lol it's getting further away from summer for me and closer to exam time so I'm not going to be able to do anything, which I already said earlier in this thread. Basically I don't code pet mods unless I have a personal interest in them, since they require a significant time and effort investment which I could use more efficiently elsewhere

Lol it's getting further away from summer for me and closer to exam time so I'm not going to be able to do anything, which I already said earlier in this thread. Basically I don't code pet mods unless I have a personal interest in them, since they require a significant time and effort investment which I could use more efficiently elsewhere
Ok sorry, good luck on exams.

This... actually looks really cool. Looked through the move changes, will read through the other documents later.
The things that stood out to me in the move changes list:
Boomburst nerf? :(
Cosmic power now heals? As if sigilyph wasn't hard enough to kill already.
Charge is now a recover clone, more recovery for electric types.
Chatter nerf, kinda. Damn chatot.
Question about cross poison: Does each hit have a chance to poison? (40% chance?)
Comet punch is now a better mach punch. Has a guaranteed 40BP, with a chance to have more.
Electric Bomb? Is this a move introduced in the OM, or is this just a new thing I didn't know about?
Focus miss gets an accuracy buff? About time. w00t
Is fury cutter, maybe with a scarf or band, usable?
Heat pulse? That's new. More coverage for clawitzer, assuming it and MegaToise get it. I haven't looked at the 'mon changes yet.
Hydro cannon works like focus punch.
Howl = Dragon dance
Knock off nerf? Yes please.
Land's wrath gets buffed, but only zygarde gets it. :(
Leech life isn't completely useless anymore!
Muddy water is now water/ground? Like flying press?
Octazooka is water/fire? Again like flying press, I guess.
Psycho slam? So a slightly stronger fake out?
Spit up is a poison move, but does water damage. Does that mean that a poison type's spit up gets STAB, and is SE on fire? And is it still SE against grass?
Springy kick? Fighting type uturn?
Stealth rock nerfed. :D
Teleport=Baton pass
Tri attack is stronger and can kill through subs.
Withdraw: see charge

EDIT: This list was a lot longer, but I decided to remove the priority moves. So many of them ._.

This... actually looks really cool. Looked through the move changes, will read through the other documents later.
The things that stood out to me in the move changes list:
Boomburst nerf? :(
It was super spammable before. Something had to be done. :/ It didn't have many users before though.
Cosmic power now heals? As if sigilyph wasn't hard enough to kill already.
Charge is now a recover clone, more recovery for electric types.
Chatter nerf, kinda. Damn chatot.
Confusion is annoying
Question about cross poison: Does each hit have a chance to poison? (40% chance?)
I believe so, but I don't quite remember.
Comet punch is now a better mach punch. Has a guaranteed 40BP, with a chance to have more.
Only three Pokemon (Kangaskhan, Hitmonchan and Hitmontop) actually get it though, so Mach Punch is still relevant.
Electric Bomb? Is this a move introduced in the OM, or is this just a new thing I didn't know about?
Yes, it is a new move.
Focus miss gets an accuracy buff? About time. w00t
:)
Is fury cutter, maybe with a scarf or band, usable?
Probably on the new Kricketune at least
Heat pulse? That's new. More coverage for clawitzer, assuming it and MegaToise get it. I haven't looked at the 'mon changes yet.
Neither of them get it. It is exclusive to Magmortar, who now gets Mega Launcher.
Hydro cannon works like focus punch.
Howl = Dragon dance
Knock off nerf? Yes please.
Land's wrath gets buffed, but only zygarde gets it. :(
Legendary moves should stay exclusive except in special cases
Leech life isn't completely useless anymore!
:D
Muddy water is now water/ground? Like flying press?
Yeah.
Octazooka is water/fire? Again like flying press, I guess.
Yup.
Psycho slam? So a slightly stronger fake out?
Yes.
Spit up is a poison move, but does water damage. Does that mean that a poison type's spit up gets STAB, and is SE on fire? And is it still SE against grass?
Poison STAB, neutral against grass, SE against Fire and Fairy.
Springy kick? Fighting type uturn?
Yes, just for Mienshao.
Stealth rock nerfed. :D
Teleport=Baton pass
Tri attack is stronger and can kill through subs.
Withdraw: see charge

EDIT: This list was a lot longer, but I decided to remove the priority moves. So many of them ._.
Priortize ALL the types! :D
Replies in bold

Thanks for answering, jaguar. :)

Looking at kanto changes now, I have a few questions.

Dugtrio has spikes and parental bond. Would that be a good suicide lead?

Does persian have a prankster parting shot?

Why does machoke have 120 special attack?

If ditto's only possible ability is impostor, how does it even use its 3 new moves? Also, ditto is now on the exclusive list (3 members) of pokemon with STAB explosion. (lickilicky and smeargle)

Looking at these changes, is there a fully evolved 'mon with <500BST? Ditto doesn't count, it's only ability is impostor.

Thanks for answering, jaguar. :)

Looking at kanto changes now, I have a few questions.

Dugtrio has spikes and parental bond. Would that be a good suicide lead?
Probably. However, Spikes aren't affected by P-Bond.
Does persian have a prankster parting shot?
Yes.
Why does machoke have 120 special attack?
To differentiate it from Machamp. You'll notice somethign similar with Haunter, Graveler, and Kadabra too.
If ditto's only possible ability is impostor, how does it even use its 3 new moves?
Imposter can't copy 'mons behind a Substitute or Illusions.
Also, ditto is now on the exclusive list (3 members) of pokemon with STAB explosion. (lickilicky and smeargle)

Looking at these changes, is there a fully evolved 'mon with <500BST? Ditto doesn't count, it's only ability is impostor.
answers in bold

Is it too late to submit changes/suggestions? Cause I was thinking of making Aura Break so that instead of negating all abilities, it reverses all of them (or the ones it can). For example, Intimidate raises Attack, Pixilate causes Fairy-type moves to become Normal-type moves with 75% of their Base Power, and Prankster Pokémon have status moves with decreased priority. I don't want to inconvenience anyone, though, so if changes are already set in stone, then I'm fine with that too.

EDIT: This would mean that Aura Break's Aura reversal will still be in effect

Last edited:
Is it too late to submit changes/suggestions? Cause I was thinking of making Aura Break so that instead of negating all abilities, it reverses all of them (or the ones it can). For example, Intimidate raises Attack, Pixilate causes Fairy-type moves to become Normal-type moves with 75% of their Base Power, and Prankster Pokémon have status moves with decreased priority. I don't want to inconvenience anyone, though, so if changes are already set in stone, then I'm fine with that too.

EDIT: This would mean that Aura Break's Aura reversal will still be in effect
These are good suggestions, but really, all you're doing at this point is just adding to the huge inconvenience that is coding Brokemons.

I know you guys probably aren't gonna change it, but...

May I propose that on Steelix's special attack stat, a "2" is entered before the first 5? Thank you for considering this suggestion.

You guys think it would be overpowered to have Water Sport and Mud Sport continue to last after a switch out? Maybe only for 5 turns?
Water Spout definitely wouldn't because iirc Rain does the exact same thing (weaken Fire moves), with all the additional benefits of Rain, and can last up to 8 turns. Mud Sport wouldn't either IMO, because of the short amount of time that you would be able to make use of the damage reduction.

so... porygon-z LOOSES adaptability? that su-
oh... ampliphate. eh, it'll be fine.
well, I was going to say "at least let it keep adaptability. electric terrain isn't all that good" but I read amplify's definition by accident. 1.4x STAB tri attack is still going to hurt. bad.

EDIT: also, why is Porygon2 almost completely unchanged? it just gets a new typing (normal/electric is OK...), levitate, and 2 new moves (volt switch could work I guess)? It is UU as it is, and it now has to deal with, oh, 105 power 1.4x STAB tri attack from a 145 base spa Porygon-Z? still a 2HKO after nasty plot, but (52.4 - 62%) and (76.2 - 89.8%) is a decent change. plus assuning porygon2 goes mixed (4 HP/ 252 Def/ 252 Spd)...

+2 252+ SpA Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 285-336 (91.3 - 107.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 285-336 (91.3 - 107.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

I'm sure some didn't get buffed too much either, but for a UU NFE trying to compete with, well, practically everything, a new typing which brings only 2 resistances (and 1 weakness) and volt switch (can it really use electric terrain well?) is, well, minor, when you consider the OU azumarril (while loosing belly drum) gets +20 attack (after HP), swords dance, earthquake, wish, and +10 speed.

also... manaphy now evolves from phione? :O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)