BROStime's Super Offense

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
BROStime's Super Offense

Introduction
Hello everyone and welcome to my latest RMT! So some of you guys might recognize me and some might not, but ive been on smogon for a while played a lot, and actually becamed a pretty decent battler, then I quitted. So now i'm back really excited for Gen VI, but I do wanna play some bw2 and get the feeling with competitive battling again before the new gen is getting released. So basically this is a Hyper Offense team it might be a bit bulkier than most other HO teams but it has the same goal, as I said ive been away for quite a while like 6 months so of course the metagame has changed a little bit and I thought HO might be a good way for training up my prediction skills, as it also is a fairly new style to me as I kinda lean towards Bulky Offense. Anyway this team is by far not perfect, but it is not bad either ive been thinking a lot when making this team, but as I said i'm not familiar with how the metagame works at the moment so please be gentle.

Team Plan
The plan is very basic and easy, but as we say it's easier to say what to do than actually do it. So first up I wanna set up rocks and use my team to force switches and wear the opposing team down by using predictions and hitting stuff for massive damage until I see an opening for my sweepers to clean up. It's this simple because I want it to go fast and smooth, and when having a plan for your team when coming into a battle will always help and even give you the upper hand if the opponent havent made a plan.

The Team!

Terrakion | Focus Sash | Justified
124 HP | 252 Atk | 132 Spd | Adamant
Close Combat | Stone Edge | Swords Dance | Stealth Rock

Terrakion is my main lead as it can set up Stealth Rock very easely against nearly any team, it's type is just amazing giving it a fearfull dual STAB set and with Swords Dance by it's side it can easely shit on any pokemon who dares to face it if my Sash is still in play. The cool thing about SD lead Terrakion is that Tentacruel and Starmie which is the best spinners in the tier, it can set up rocks SD and hit Tentacruel for a shit ton off damage and easely ko's Starmie with Stone Edge. I usually just sack Terrakion against Starmie if the opposing team doesn't have a potent threath that I need him for because my rocks will be up no matter waht if I get killed as Weavile traps Starmie. When it comes to other spinners mainly Forretress it's setup fodder for Thundy-T and Scizor.

Thundurus-T | Leftovers | Volt Absorb
128 HP | 252 SAtk | 128 Spd | Modest
Thunderbolt | Hidden Power [Ice] | Nasty Plot | Agility

This guy I love this guy. Thundurus-T is basically the mon my team is build around this guy beats both offensive teams and stall teams with it's dual set. Thunderbolt and Hp Ice is more than enough coverage as I have a whole team to clear up a sweep for him which isn't to hard to be fair. It's also my only electric resistance/immunity and can kill the momentum of the other team if played right which is darn awesome recovering health even more awesome lol. So this guy is such a beast setting up on a lot of mons as it easely forces switches and makes everything so much easier for me.

Starmie | Life Orb | Analytic
252 SAtk | 4 SpD | 252 Spd | Timid
Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Psyshock | Rapid Spin

Starmie is a very important member of the team as it's here to keep my field nice and clean it is also my main answer to Keldeo as it's a very huge threath to my team, maby making a bulkier spread and give Starmie leftovers can help me out vs Keldeo kinda unsecure on the set so here I need some help. Anyway Starmie is a real powerhouse of it's own as it easy forces switches hits like a truck with analytic which is an awesome ability. So I got Hydro Pump to hit as hard as possible, Ice Beam for dragons and grass types which resists Hydro Pump, finally I have Psyshock for mainly Terrakion and Keldeo it's also usefull against Jellicent and the pink blobs.

Scizor | Iron Plate | Technician
200 HP | 252 Atk | 56 Spd | Adamant
U-Turn | Bullet Punch | Superpower | Swords Dance

Scizor my second sweeper, momentum creator and priority bitch. Man this thing is such a tank gives me free momentum so easy sometimes and SD + U-Turn can be amazing sometimes giving me easy surprises against my opponent. This set is as you all see very simple, but effective it's all about momentum, priority and just wreck havoc this set is very dangerous if played right. U-Turn obviously for momentum, Bullet Punch is an awesome priority move which can be crucial against pokemon like alakazam, terrakion or fast weakened opponents thats threathening me, Superpower for the pink blobs other steels and ofc Heatran.

Gengar | Black Sludge | Levitate
252 SAtk | 4 SpD | 252 Spd | Timid
Shadow Ball | Focus Blast | Substitute | Disable

Gengar my spin blocker, it does it's job just as I want it to, but there is one thing i'm really unsure about this set, sash set could work really good against dangerous scarfers with and maby fit Destiny Bond there someplace to force swithces or get easy switches idk this are just some ideas which could do pretty good so you guys help me out here. Well anyway the set is very standard and everybody should know it by know, but ill tell what the moves are for. Shadow Ball awesome STAB and gives perfect coverage with Focus "Miss" Blast. Substitute + Disable to force switches and avoid status so thats pretty much it.

Weavile | Life Orb | Pressure
252 Atk | 4 SpD | 252 Spd | Jolly
Ice Shard | Night Slash | Low Kick | Pursuit

This guy is pure awesomeness just look at it ! Anyway this guy is my fastest mon and main revenge killer as you guys see that I have no scarfer might be usefull, but I really don't see the need on a HO team. This guy mainly just kills off booster like Salamence, Dragonite, Garchomp, Lando-T and the list goes on, it also has some really nice STAB moves in Night Slash and Pursuit which makes an awesome trapping duo against Starmie with Terrakion, this pokemon is seen on a lot of HO teams and just by looking at this set you can see why.

The End

So thats my team I think it's a decent team for now at my point, but there is a lot off improvements that can be made anyway I hope you liked this RMT, so I have nothing less on my heart to say than have a nice day and go check out The Fox by Ylvis because we Norwegians rocks!!! we really do..

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Not a bad team, but it looks like well built Rain offenses are gonna tear it apart.

This is mainly due to the fact Starmie is your only Water resists and it can't really take boosted Water attacks at all... Even Scarf Keldeo's Surf is going to to massive damage to it. After only a bit of residual damage on Starmie (which is ridiculously easy to get), Keldeo is just going to sweep your team since none of your priority attackers can hit it even for neutral, and they aren't especially powerful like CB Scizor, as an example. Since Keldeo itself is pretty hard to wear down for your team, you're going to have a hard time against it. Other fast Water types like Scarf Politoed or opposing Starmie are going to have an easy time against you too, although probably not at the same threat level. One thing I have also noticed is that Gengar appears pretty useless on your team, considering you have only 1 hazard. I think Gengar is better suited on Custap Skarm teams as it's not that great of a Pokemon outside of blocking Rapid Spin. Rapid Spinners are not that big of a threat to your team either; Forretress and Tentacruel are simply set up fodder, and Starmie can be Pursuited by Weavile. Since your team appears to be more Special based in terms of sweepers, I think you would beneficiate from something that can hammer Special walls to ease Thundurus-T's sweep. I think that a Pokemon that covers all of that would be a Life Orb Latios, which you should use over Gengar. Latios is an excellent wallbreaker which tears apart bulkier Pokemon, and it also sports a Water resist and great Special Defense, for an offensive Pokemon at least.

Quite honestly if you're going to go for an SD SR lead, you should probably be using Garchomp. Especially with the spread you're currently using, as Terrakion's main advantage over Garchomp is that it can stop other SR leads with a fast Taunt. Garchomp is just so much better against spinners thanks to Rough Skin, and also has better bulk which is cool!

here are the sets:
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Recover

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

good luck!

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Thank you for the rate Jirachi. You are coming with some very good ideas especially Latios which will make my team much more compact vs Rain. When it comes to Garchomp it really wont fit on my team as Volcarona would wreck me without Terrakion so i'm going to change the set to max speed jolly with taunt -> SD. I think those changes would make the team less weaker to hazards and to be more compact overall thanks again.

Jirachi is rightt, sash garchomp is a lead beast and wears down spinners, however i think ebelt latias is a better fit because it can bait and kill ferro, and scizor. Scarf terra lets you beat jirachi and other big mean scarfers and also i kinda think a double boosting thundo takes too long to make an impact so id change its set to volt switch thunderbolt hp ice focus blast timid 252spa252speed with ebelt and change scizor to the standard band set

Last edited:

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
I disagree with you An-94. Garchomp won't help me out in any scenario especially vs Sun teams which carry Volcarona or even any Volcarona that sets up on me screw me up without Terrakion, Ebelt Latios could work, but with Recover I would rater benefit from the extra power Life Orb gives. Also when it comes to Ferrothorn both Scizor and Terrakion beats it and nearly my whole team can wear it down by just hitting it hard anyway. You do have a point in Scarf Jirachi tho, but it is handable with smart play and it really cant switch on anything on my team without losing either a huge chunk of damage or a decent chunk which means it's easy to wear down. Anyway thanks for the rate you had some points which made me think and thats always a good thing, thanks for helping out!

Yea i could see where life orb 3 attack roost latias would work,and also a jolly scarfed terra still kos volca after + 1 and garchomp will still at least get off an eq and then terrs comes in if volca even kos chomp and can threaten with cc with means you get the ko or dent something else and with the right synergy u can switch out according. I think, idk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)