BSR Calculator - Updated for BW2

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So yeah I did this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0An1TUM7m-kKIdDNmVlpMdlB2MTFUdVJGRVFkWURVQUE&output=xls

Yeah apparently I can't attach .xls files to my posts so this will have to do

Anyway so with nothing more than A-level statistics and a burning desire to procrastinate help the CAP Community, I have continued the works of a Maltese mathematics professor and an expert in programming magnetohydrodynamic simulators to update this stuff. And annoyingly, I got it all wrong first time around and had to start over. So I hope you're all happy.

Updates:
  • Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W, Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T, and Landorus-T (all formes added in BW2) have been added to the formulae
  • Mean and Standard Deviation of all ratings have been rejigged to accomodate this, so they are still 100 and 50 respectively (200 and 100 for BSR, respectively)
  • Yeah tbh there's not all that much. But it took forever to do so...
New formulae:

Code:
PT =((HP*2+141)*(Def*2+36) / (402.744996)) - 24.57966407

ST = ((HP*2+141)*(SpD*2+36) / (416.310724)) - 19.16575597

PS = ((((Atk*2+36)*((Atk*2+36)*(SF/672)+415)/((Atk*2+36)*(1-(SF/672))+415))/(1.92306)) - 3.576327284

SS = (((SpA*2+36)*((SpA*2+36)*(SF/672)+415)/((SpA*2+36)*(1-(SF/672))+415))/(1.980931)) + 4.9921912

BSR = (PT+ST+PS+SS)/(1.535645)) - 60.47703745
New features:

• There are now 20 different spaces available to input values, so you can compare different spreads without repeatedly having to delete and re-enter your spreads
  • There is a list of all the details and ratings for OU and CAP Pokemon, which allows easy comparison within the metagame we are designing for
  • There is a list of all the details of every Pokemon in the entire game, including different formes, so you can easily ctrl+f search for an appropriate comparison.
  • This was done in Excel 2007, so I can only do a maximum three colour changes for different rating ranges, so I chose to just omit them altogether. You can easily cross-reference with the ratings description chart to the right of the calculator.
  • This no longer calculates ODB or PSB because they're pretty meaningless nowadays
  • Oh and last but not least, this isn't user-locked, so you are free to fiddle about with whatever you want, or make any modifications you feel like, as well as save it under your own documents. I'm not particularly bothered if you steal my stuff, but please try to avoid claiming it as your own as that's not very nice. I haven't given credit, either to myself or anyone else as this is a community resource, but just know that the credits go to X-Act for the original formula, Rising_Dusk for the update to BW, and myself for the update to BW2.

Intriguingly, CAP4 is now nowhere near the limits given to it. The more you know...

Anyway, I didn't just add this to the Stat Ratings revamp I was doing because I'd like people to play around with this for a bit and let me know if the numbers don't look right, as it's perfectly possible I've made a mistake somewhere along the line. In point of fact, there really isn't much difference between these and the previous ones, only that everything pretty much is rated a little bit worse (thanks, egregiously inflated attacking stats).

Have fun.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First of all, bmb, this is great. Thanks for all the work you put into it.

That being said:
#cap said:
<bugmaniacbob> any problems to report?
<jas61292> Nope. I've just been messing with the formatting and adding back in coloration for each rank.
<bugmaniacbob> aw, you could probably post a better one then
<jas61292> Also, adding CAP prevos to the all Pokemon tab, lol
<bugmaniacbob> haha
<bugmaniacbob> every little helps
Well, in that case here it is with the changes I made.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...shXdHNQZ3BGSl9BMTVCcW5XbW9CaFNiNkE&output=xls

(Hopefully the link works. Never uploaded something like this before)

While I messed with a lot of the coloration to make it look like I personally like, the major change here is that, like the older calc, the different calculated statistic will change color based on which rank they are. I did notice after I did this that the colors I used were almost the exact opposite of what Dusk had in the older one, with red being high and purple being low, but that is just my personal preference. Nothing of any importance there.

Oh, and yes, as I said on IRC, I did add in the CAP prevos on the all pokemon tab. True, most of them lack stats as of now, and they really are not important, but, no reason not to, I suppose.

EDIT: BMB pointed out to me that there was something off with the coloration between BSR and the other stat. Turns out, while the coloration was the same, the key was simply colored wrong. Anyways, it is fixed now.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looks good to me, jas. Unfortunately I can't see the colour changes myself, but... I'm sure they work for everyone with an updated Excel program, heh.

I thought it might be a good idea to add a user manual to the "Calculator" tab, or else a list of instructions in case someone doesn't know what to do with it. I figured you'd be better off adding it to yours since, well, it's a bit better than mine... and it's always nice to go with the most up-to-date version.

I thought something like the following would work:

Instructions said:
Hello, and welcome to CAP's Base Stat Rating Calculator! This calculator will perform all the tricky mathematics for you, and rate your Pokemon's stat spread relative to all other Pokemon in the game. To get started, here's what to do:

1. Enter your stat spread into the pink table under any of the rows - there are twenty in total, so you can compare different stat spreads. This is all you need to add - the calculator will do everything else for you.
2. If you prefer, you can copy and paste the data of an existing Pokemon in to see its stat ratings (look under the "BSR of All Pokemon" tab at the bottom of the screen).
3. Copy and paste your calculated stat ratings anywhere you want to. If you enter an official CAP stat spread competition, you'll need to include these values for your submission to be legal.

Oh, and one last thing - don't mess about with the formulae if you don't know what they do! These are quite complicated, so we'd recommend reading up on them if you want to fiddle with them.
-----

Anyone have anything else to add?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)