Battle Stadium BSS Series 10 Singles - First Team

Hi, I need help forming my BSS team, as I realised that my team may have several flaws that can be exploited. I hope I can get feedback that will greatly help my team. Without further ado...

The basis of this team is to try to forma an anti-Zacian-Crowned, who is the best mon to ever exist in such a game, with ways of whittling down its checks.
Necrozma  sprite from Home

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

I chose Necrozma-Dusk-Mane as my mon because it can counter Xerneas wtith Sunsteel Strike. It can also counter Zacian-Crowned thanks to Earthquake; the weakness policy used up will guarantee the kill. Stone Edge is necessary to deal with threats such as Yveltal, Ho-Oh, Volcarona attempting to set up. Earthquake is also useful to counter Heatran, Cinderace and Nagandel. The spread of 252 HP and 252 Atk is needed to live at worst a super-effective hit, which is helped by Prism Armor and its decent typing. Dragon Dance is needed to solve its speed problem and increase its offensive prowress, outspeeding and potentially fainting offensive Ho-Oh, Urshifu (requires caution). Even if it doesn't faint them, it can wear down the Weather duo, allowing its teammates to take its hard work. (I also chose it because it is my favourite legendary mon, alongside Ho-Oh, Groudon and Mewtwo.)
There are other counters to this legendary mon however, which is why its teammates are vital.

Tapu Fini  sprite from Home

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Level: 50
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Taunt

A problem that Necrozma-Dusk-Mane can face is that it can be paralysed or burned, which severally limits the Lion pokemon to sweep effectively. That is where Tapu Fini comes in. Thanks to Misty Terrain from its ability, it can help Necrozma-Dusk-Mane for sweeping effecitvely. It also makes a great partner with the lion pokemon, as Tapu Fini can check Ho-Oh, Yveltal, Reshiram, Volcarona, Urshifu and Cinderace without Gunk Shot. Necrozma-Dusk-Mane can help back by beating threats such Tyranitar, Rillaboom and Xerneas. Calm Mind is to help Tapu Fini's sweeping potential, whilst boosting its special bulk. Surf is self-explanatory, used to defeat fire types. Moonblast is also used to defeat offensive Yveltal and Urshifu. As for Taunt, it can stop Stealth Rockers such as Hippowdon or Swampert, or stop mons that use statuses to win (Quagsire and Hippowdon). The spread is needed to outspeed up to Timid Celesteela, letting it get an important Taunt in before Celesteela attempts to stall with Leech Seed. The rest goes into Defense to increase Tapu Fini's ability to set up Calm Mind.
Only concern is that Tapu Fini may not be able to check Ho-Oh, as Ho-Oh can 2HKO it with Brave Bird.
Rillaboom  sprite from Home

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Drum Beating
- U-turn

Another weakness that Necromza-Dusk-Mane has is its weakness to the dreaded Earthquake. However, this monke is here to solve the problem. With Grassy Terrain, it reduces the damage taken by Earthquake (though it does not reduce damage from Earth Power). Grassy Glide helps it tremendously, as it can beat 1v1 against Calyrex-S and Groudon. It can also check decently against Kyogre and Tapu Fini with Grassy Glide. Knock Off can also beat Calyrex-S switch ins, whilst it can also remove cruical items from many pokemon, such as Sitrus Berry, Heavy-Duty Boots, Choice Scarf, Choice Band. U-turn is needed to gain momentum against many switch ins like Ho-Oh and Yveltal. The spread of 252 HP and 252 Atk is necessary to give it bulk and power, whilst Assault Vest is needed to survive special attacks such as Kyogre's Ice Beam, Calyrex-S Astral Barrage, or even Heatran's Lava Plume. The other option I was considering was Choice Band to maximise its power input, however, another mon is already using the item, which I will explain later.

Landorus  sprite from Home

Landorus-Therian @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian, a formidable ground mon, where this mon will also be vital to the team. It is used to check Zacian-Crowned, as it can potentially survive a 2HKO from Behemoth Blade, with Initimidate and Sitrus Berry helping it immensely. It then can 2HKO back with Earthquake. Rock Tomb can be used to slow down threats such as Ho-Oh, Yveltal, Zekrom and Reshiram and Zapdos, allowing its teammates to break through the opposition. U-turn, like Rillaboom is needed to gain momentum against many switch ins such as Kyogre. Stealth Rock is also necessary to wear down threats like Cinderace, Volcarona (no Heavy Duty Boots), Ho-Oh and Yveltal. The spread is needed to maximise its bulk.
The only major downside with running Landorus-Therian is that it doesn't work well with Grassy Terrain from teammate, as it reduces the damage from Earthquake, Landorus-Therian's only way of attack. It also isn't helped by Misty Terrain, because it doesn't affect Flying Types.
Regarding Landorus-Therian, I am still unsure of whether to replace it with Tyranitar, who take better advantage of Grassy and Misty Terrain, and who is a better check to Yveltal, Ho-Oh and Calyrex-S. The other mon will be Landorus, whose Earth Power isn't weakened by Grassy Terrain, can OHKO Zacian (check, not counter), and can be more offensive against Ho-Oh and Yveltal. Particularly, with the moveset (Earth Power, Rock Slide, Knock Off, Stealth Rock).
Volcarona  sprite from Home

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

Volcarona can also take advantage of Grassy and Misty Terrain, the former reducing earthquake attacks against Volcarona's poor defense bulk, and Misty Terrain preventing Volcarona from being paralysed, poisoned or slept, allowing it to set up with Quiver Dance. Volcarona can also act as a safe check against Zacian-Crowned with Flame Body, potentially burning it. Speaking of Quiver Dance, with a simple set up, it can stand a chance against such threats such as Calm Mind Tapu Fini (Giga Drain), offensive Groudon (Flamethrower) and can 2HKO Kyogre with (Giga Drain). Even if threats like Ferrothorn or Celesteela stall with Leech Seed and Protect, Volcarona can simply set up on them with Quiver Dance. Flamethrower is the standard to beat Steel Types (bar Heatran and Dialga) and Rillaboom (caution with Rillaboom's Knock Off). Giga Drain is also vital against water-type threats, such as Quagsire, Swampert, Tapu Fini and Urshifu-Rapid Strike. Psychic, whilst unordinary, can be used to deal with Eternatus and Toxapex, which can be backed up by an opposing Psychic Terrain user. I replaced it with Bug Buzz, as I felt that there are not many mons I can use against besides Tyranitar and Hydregion. Heavy Boots is the standard, protecting the bug from hazards like Stealth Rock, which would otherwise ruin it. The spread is needed to maximise its offensive prowress.

Urshifu  sprite from Home

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Urshifu is the last team member of the team, and on paper, I believe it has potential to rip through teams. Having Wicked Blow is nice to break through mons like Cinderace, Choice Specs Kyogre, Landorus-Therian, Calyrex-S or physical walls like Hippowdon. Close Combat is self explanatory to deal with Steel and Dark types like Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Heatran and Dialga. Sucker Punch is needed to deal with Calyrex-S, since Calyrex-S can OHKO with Draining Kiss, and even then, its Astral Barrage can 2HKO Urshifu. As for Poison Jab, it can be used against Fairy switch-ins like Xerneasa and the Tapus. Choice Band is needed to maximise its wallbreaking capabilities.
However, I cannot say with full confidence if this member is right for the team. Whilst it can check the mons like Kyogre and Heatran, it can't counter them, as its low special defense and low speed compared to the mons above lead to be desired. Furthermore, locking on Sucker Punch to beat Calyrex-S can be unwise, as Calyrex-S can simply switch out for a setup mon, which can end the game. If Choice Scarf is instead used Choice Band to patch its speed problems, it can't wallbreak through bulky mons like Hippowdon and Landorus-Therian. The sole reason why I picked Urshifu is to counter Calyrex-S and Porygon2, and I can't replace it with Tyranitar because I would have 3x weakness to water with Volcarona and Landorus-T.

That is all about my team so far, though I think there are more problems. Cinderace with Gunk Shot can wreck my team (sans Landorus-T), whilst Yveltal and Ho-Oh can exploit it, since half of my team are weak to flying. I also don't have an offensive Fairy mon to counter against Dark types like Yveltal and Urshifu.

I still think however, the core of Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, a Terrain user, and an offensive mon, or Landorus-Therian can be a really great combination to the table. If there are any suggestions I can make to fix my team, please let me know.

BSS Series 10 Team: https://pokepast.es/f3d8e0e8eb3c8a2c

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)