Gen 2 Bug fix request on PS

Hello,

In Pokemon Showdown, in Gen 2 (OU), there is a bug with a Charizard moveset.

When using the set: Belly Drum / Rock Slide / Fire Blast / Earthquake, you cannot log in, because the site says earthquake is illegal in this set, but it is not. Actually, this set is mentioned in smogon pokedex.

Is it possible to fix that bug?

Thanks in advance

PS: Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so I apologize for any trouble.

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The server says that Charizard can't learn fireblast with one of your other moves, smogon just screwed up on that move set :P

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
It is, the set checker for gsc is very finicky and this has been a known bug for awhile now. Charizard should be able to learn BD, RS, EQ, FB just fine. It has been the standard set for eons.

Vegeta, if you find more bugs like this, posting them in >>this thread<< would be best as Marty (the most active old gen deveoper for PS! Atm) watches this thread more than any other place where a gen 2 bug would be posted. I tagged him because this is rather serious. I am also tagging The Immortal since I believe he is largely responsible for the set checker.

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i talked to TI he said that PS is right since belly drum is from snorlax but rock slide is from tyranitar

Pretty sure a male Snorlax can get Rock Slide from an RBY TM, then be traded up to GSC and get Belly Drum as a Level Up move, and then breed with a female Charizard to pass both moves onto the baby.

Pretty sure a male Snorlax can get Rock Slide from an RBY TM, then be traded up to GSC and get Belly Drum as a Level Up move, and then breed with a female Charizard to pass both moves onto the baby.
I'm not familiar with those gens at all, but I looked it up. Snorlax is obtainable at level 30 in RBY, but it learns Belly Drum at level 22 in GSC. Am I missing something?

I'm not familiar with those gens at all, but I looked it up. Snorlax is obtainable at level 30 in RBY, but it learns Belly Drum at level 22 in GSC. Am I missing something?
You can send over a low level Snorlax from GSC to RBY. Trading between the two gens was allowed, though moves and Pokemon that didn't exist in RBY couldn't be sent over. So, as long as the Snorlax didn't already know Belly Drum, it could be traded there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)