Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey imposter vs arceus has a bug

In balanced hackmons, an imposter chansey will transform into an arceus-ghost. But because the arceus isn't using multitype and the imposter isn't holding a plate, the arceus-ghost is normal and the chansey becomes a ghost type instead of arceus normal. This bug is super exploitable as arceus can spam against imposters and win tours.

Can we check to see if this is a bug? I know that ditto can transform into an arceus and keep that arceus's type without holding a plate, but does that mean even a plate-less arceus?

Symbiosis currently allows you to pass over a mega stone that is usable by the receiving ally, while this is not possible ingame. I wasn't able to megavolve though.
I tried Bestow and that seems to have the same bug. Both Trick and Switcheroo failed correctly though.

So I've noticed this glitch with the timer. Sometimes the timer continues counting down after each turn from the number it ended the last turn with. For example, if I end a turn with 50 seconds on the timer, the next turn I will only have 50 seconds to make a move. This has caused me to lose several games. I have told this to a few people and they say it's my connection. But it cannot be my connection because this happens even under the best internet conditions.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Alright, so the replay for the battle doesn't show the bugs I just experienced, so I'm wondering if there is an issue with Google Chrome and some recent update to PS!?

I am having issues where some of the sprites for my Pokemon don't show (Vanilluxe and Silvally-Steel being the ones I had issues with) on my side of the battle only for me (asked opponent and they saw the sprites); I am also having issues where: 1) hail turns do not count down for me and 2) Trick Room turns do not count down for me. Again, I asked my opponent and they were having no issues. Is there a known issue/fix?

EDIT: This seemed to always be the case with the lead Pokemon (the whole unable to see sprite ordeal), and using pivot moves such as U-Turn and Parting Shot carried that issue to whatever Pokemon came out.

Last edited:

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Unsure if it's a bug, but when checking a replay, the playback buttons were oddly placed into the lower-left hand corner instead of being centered. Unless this was intended, I don't think that's normal.

http://prntscr.com/jthugq

edit: nitpicking as well, but there's also an odd pause before playing back a battle. Again, idk if it was intended, but it's different from the immediate reaction the replay function provides.

Wow, there have been so many animation glitches.
1) The biggest glitch: the leading Pokemon to appear to be on the other side, yet invisible. This includes move animations, attacking and defending, and the HP bar. This one is usually solved by refreshing the page.

2) Repeated screens (Light Screen / Reflect) animations. Every so often you will see the screens animation repeat.

3) Weird terrain animations. The terrains slide on and off the screen, which is unlike the former fade in fade out animation.

These are only the ones I know, and I've only played on my mono team since this glitch started happening, so it's likely there are more glitches that I don't know. I also know that I'm not the only one experiencing this glitch (there's another person a few posts above).

I have a video of all of these things happening, but couldn't post it because of size. Probably could get around that if necessary, though
Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 1.54.45 AM.png

This is shows a lot of things happening at once. The Tapu Koko is invisible, despite HP bar and "Electric Surge" bar being on the opponents side. You can also see the electric terrain "sliding" onto the screen.

I don't know what happened, honestly. Showdown update maybe?

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Wow, there have been so many animation glitches.
1) The biggest glitch: the leading Pokemon to appear to be on the other side, yet invisible. This includes move animations, attacking and defending, and the HP bar. This one is usually solved by refreshing the page.

2) Repeated screens (Light Screen / Reflect) animations. Every so often you will see the screens animation repeat.

3) Weird terrain animations. The terrains slide on and off the screen, which is unlike the former fade in fade out animation.

These are only the ones I know, and I've only played on my mono team since this glitch started happening, so it's likely there are more glitches that I don't know. I also know that I'm not the only one experiencing this glitch (there's another person a few posts above).

I have a video of all of these things happening, but couldn't post it because of size. Probably could get around that if necessary, though
View attachment 121339
This is shows a lot of things happening at once. The Tapu Koko is invisible, despite HP bar and "Electric Surge" bar being on the opponents side. You can also see the electric terrain "sliding" onto the screen.

I don't know what happened, honestly. Showdown update maybe?
I'd like to further address point 1 since that is what I have been dealing with. Even after refreshing, while it would temporarily fix the problem (example: Trick Room turn count would update), the problem would return/persist after the refresh.

I can't hear any of my pokemon cries is there any reason for this i ave tried moving all the sounds on the website and my computer and the only thing i can't hear are the cries

The tournament auto disqualify timer often does not work as it should. The time people get often is way longer than the selected time, additionally the timer sometimes doesn't work at all (until you use "/tour runautodq" after which people that already should have been disqualified, get finally disqualified) and also seems to be inconsistant (the challengers sometimes seems to have more time than the players who are supposed to accept challenges). And that is not even referring to players who are offline who sometimes causes problems like these.
Screenshot-2018-6-13 Showdown .png
(no player challenged therefore no challenges were cancelled)

Edit: I just realised that this "the challengers sometimes seems to have more time than the players who are supposed to accept challenges" might be intentional. If we assume that both players want to build their teams during the autodq time, the challenged player would have more time if both had the same autodq timer since he can make use of his own time and of the challengers time.
It would still be nice if there was some kind of guide how the autodq timer works, what kind of glitches there are and how to prevent them.

Last edited:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/374666310035963905/456926047624232974/unknown.png

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/374666310035963905/456926120319647754/unknown.png

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/374666310035963905/456926167132536854/unknown.png

Not sure if im supposed to post this here as its showdown calc bug but anyways, so as u can see in the last imagine, when using Once, Twice or more times for draco, it doesnt take choice specs into the count, with everything else it works and like if u put Lifeorb on kingdra instead of specs, doing calc by last picture it will deal more damage with lifeorb then specs.

I just tried to use Stakataka in NU, and this is what Showdown! said to me.
- Stakataka is in UU, which is banned by [Gen 7] RU.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/374666310035963905/456926047624232974/unknown.png

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/374666310035963905/456926120319647754/unknown.png

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/374666310035963905/456926167132536854/unknown.png

Not sure if im supposed to post this here as its showdown calc bug but anyways, so as u can see in the last imagine, when using Once, Twice or more times for draco, it doesnt take choice specs into the count, with everything else it works and like if u put Lifeorb on kingdra instead of specs, doing calc by last picture it will deal more damage with lifeorb then specs.
Try reporting this here.

Hey! I was in a doubles battle and my pokemon didn't take its turn. I asked help and tournament room and no one could come up with a reason so they told me to report it here as a bug. On turn 1 the opponent's Hawlucha outsped my ariados and picked it up with a sky drop and on turn two it released my ariados and then ariados should have made its move, but it didn't. I tried to use sticky web on both turns. :blobthinking:

Here is a replay of the battle:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randomdoublesbattle-762663822

Later turns make clear that Ariados does have Protect, so the most plausible explanation is that Protect was indeed the move clicked that turn, either out of a belief that it would let you avoid the damage from Sky Drop, or simply because of a misclick that was never corrected before both players had sent their actions for the turn.

Later turns make clear that Ariados does have Protect, so the most plausible explanation is that Protect was indeed the move clicked that turn, either out of a belief that it would let you avoid the damage from Sky Drop, or simply because of a misclick that was never corrected before both players had sent their actions for the turn.
I absolutely coulda sworn I used sticky web though :( It would make more sense if it were a misclick, but the reason I was so confused after that turn was because I was so absolutely sure I used sticky web. Is there a way to check and know for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)