Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-762932024

at the end of Turn 3, Stakataka gets hurt by Clamp to 0 HP, Shaymin's Telekinesis status ends, and then Stakataka faints. Ingame there is no separation between getting hurt (fatally) and fainting. Similar to Future Sight/residual damage faint order error.

EDIT:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-762936814

On turn 2, Sky Drop lacked a message for taking a Pokemon up into the air in the battle but is present in the replay.

The Sky Drop message only seems to appear if you let the animation fully play out. If you skip it, it doesn't display which Pokemon was taken.

Also on Turn 3 the fail message appears twice.
1529093870918.png

☆Flametix joined.
☆JoakesVGC joined.
Format:
[Gen 7] Metronome Battle
Rated battle

HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
Battle between Flametix and JoakesVGC started!

Go! 4/31 blaze it (Shaymin)!

Go! Aerosmith (Shaymin-Sky)!

JoakesVGC sent out Blue Boy (Abomasnow-Mega)!

JoakesVGC sent out Green Guy (Abomasnow-Mega)!
Turn 1

Aerosmith used Metronome!
Waggling a finger let it use Aerial Ace!
It's super effective!
The opposing Green Guy lost 33% of its health!
The opposing Green Guy's Weakness Policy activated!
The opposing Green Guy's Attack rose sharply!
The opposing Green Guy's Special Attack rose sharply!

4/31 blaze it used Metronome!
Waggling a finger let it use Whirlwind!

The opposing Blue Boy used Metronome!
Waggling a finger let it use Eerie Impulse!
[4/31 blaze it's Flower Veil!]
4/31 blaze it surrounded itself with a veil of petals!

The opposing Green Guy used Metronome!
Waggling a finger let it use Draining Kiss!
4/31 blaze it lost 27.5% of its health!
4/31 blaze it had its energy drained!
Turn 2
Sugar (Growlithe) joined.

Waggling a finger let it use Torment!
The opposing Blue Boy was subjected to torment!

Waggling a finger let it use Roar of Time!
The opposing Blue Boy lost 28% of its health!

Waggling a finger let it use Sky Drop!

Waggling a finger let it use Knock Off!
4/31 blaze it lost 40.3% of its health!
The opposing Green Guy knocked off 4/31 blaze it's Weakness Policy!
Turn 3
☆Flametix: hold up
☆JoakesVGC: lol
☆Flametix: what just happened
☆Flametix: wheres the sky drop
☆JoakesVGC: idk

4/31 blaze it must recharge!

The opposing Blue Boy used Sky Drop!
It doesn't affect Aerosmith...
Aerosmith was freed from the Sky Drop!
Aerosmith was freed from the Sky Drop!

Waggling a finger let it use Growth!
The opposing Green Guy's Attack rose!
The opposing Green Guy's Special Attack rose!
Turn 4
☆Flametix: oh
☆JoakesVGC: bug i guess

Waggling a finger let it use Natural Gift!
But it failed!

Waggling a finger let it use Rapid Spin!
The opposing Green Guy lost 4% of its health!

Waggling a finger let it use Power-Up Punch!
A critical hit!
4/31 blaze it lost 15.3% of its health!
The opposing Blue Boy's Attack rose!

Waggling a finger let it use Psychic Fangs!
Aerosmith lost 62.9% of its health!
Turn 5
☆Flametix: ye

Waggling a finger let it use Rolling Kick!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The opposing Blue Boy lost 36% of its health!
The opposing Blue Boy's Weakness Policy activated!
The opposing Blue Boy's Attack rose sharply!
The opposing Blue Boy's Special Attack rose sharply!

Waggling a finger let it use Sheer Cold!
The opposing Blue Boy is unaffected!

The opposing Blue Boy flinched and couldn't move!

Waggling a finger let it use Bug Bite!
Aerosmith lost 37.1% of its health!

Aerosmith fainted!
Turn 6

Waggling a finger let it use Spit Up!
The opposing Blue Boy has no moves left!

The opposing Blue Boy used Struggle!
4/31 blaze it lost 16.8% of its health!
The opposing Blue Boy is damaged by the recoil!

4/31 blaze it fainted!

JoakesVGC won the battle!
Ladder updating...
Flametix's rating: 1395 → 1371
(-24 for losing)
JoakesVGC's rating: 1335 → 1359
(+24 for winning)
☆Flametix: gg
Sugar (Growlithe) left.
☆JoakesVGC left.

EDIT 2: Messages only showing when animation plays also applies to Sky Attack's charge message. Roar in that previous replay didn't have a fail message regardless though.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-763020505

Last edited:
I just tried to use Stakataka in NU, and this is what Showdown! said to me.
NU inherits all of RU's bans and adds RU, NUBL and Drought (which was banned by UU but unbanned by RU). If you try to use those three specific bans, you'll just be told that they're banned, but if you use something banned higher up, e.g. Drizzle, then you'll be told the tier in which it was banned.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-763391373

Turn 1 I arm thrust a guy and for each hit it says "It's super effective!". This seemed off so I tested it ingame.

Ingame I arm thrust a Diglett and it only says it's super effective at the end of the move, before the "Hit X times" message.

Multi hit moves should only display an effectiveness message after all the hits have concluded.

For a more direct comparison with the same scenario: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-763397370

Tangling Hair also did not proc on the hit of Arm Thrust that killed the Diglett unlike Showdown, but that may be because it was a wild battle.
EDIT: Just noticed this general issue was already on page 2.

EDIT 2: Did more testing to find out how this works with Colour Change. Turned a Kecleon into a Rock type, then used Double Slap. All the hits were NVE and Kecleon only changed to Normal type after the NVE/hit X times message. PS handles this accurately.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-763451229

I suppose you could count this as representing the different hit sound effects, but it feels off. Someone should check how Mummy/something like Galvanize works when you change your ability (and thus move type) in the middle of the move in a scenario where the effectiveness would change.

Last edited:
A particularly wacky case is Parental Bond Foul Play vs. Weakness Policy, which the sim does get correct except for the purely cosmetic error of an extra text message. Even though it's not supposed to display super effective until the final hit, Weakness Policy does properly kick in on the first hit, and the +2 works in time to increase the damage of the second hit.

Hey guys, I dont know where to post this but I think I found a bug on showdown

My chansey on showdown has psywave and sweetkiss and it says these are valid together. However I cannot figure out how these can both be obtained on the same pokemon, am I missing something or is this a bug?

Happiny is the only way of getting sweet kiss I can see, however psywave is only available on a gen 1 tm

This screenshot shows me chansey set and that it is valid
chanseybug.png

Good evening,

I was playing a VGC 2018 match, where I was testing a new "for fun" team, so the following bug hasn't occurred to me but once. Let me describe what happened:
- I have a team with two Z-move users. It's a Drapion with Z-Acupresure and my beloved Gastrodon with Z-Stockpile, both holding a Normalium-Z. I used both in the same match.
- Leading with Drapion, I came across a regular Spore Smeargle. I went for a turn-one Z-Acupressure, but Smeargle got me first and Spored Drapion in a deep comma. After some turns of unsuccessful attempts of waking up (while still trying to use Z-Acupressure), I decided to switch.
- Sometime later on, Gastrodon entered the field, only to have her Z-Stockpile disabled! She was still holding the crystal, of course, yet there was no option of Z-Stockpiling.
- Later on again, my sleeping Drapion returned to the field, and he was still able to go for a Z-Acupressure! Although I didn't get to use it, because he fainted before having any chance to do so.

So, from what I gather, since I opted to use Z-Acupressure, I was kind of locked into that. I was in this weird state where I had neither used a Z-Move nor I was given the freedom to choose between the Z-Moves of any of my Pokémon.

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Once a battle ended in our Room Tour, a user was able to then join the battle whilst still being in the Tournament despite Modjoin and Scouting being disallowed;
The user joining battle: http://prntscr.com/jwwimu
The battle itself: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-764743118

This subsequently allowed for him to alter his team for the following match-up after changing his team to a Fire-type team, that was not consistent throughout the Tournament: http://prntscr.com/jwwk8p

Modlog proof of Scouting and Modjoin being disallowed (other actions redacted): http://prntscr.com/jwwm5o

Whether this was a bug or inentional - it shouldn't happen

Hey guys, I dont know where to post this but I think I found a bug on showdown
Happiny is the only way of getting sweet kiss I can see, however psywave is only available on a gen 1 tm
This is true, currently the validator doesn't distinguish between evolutions when checking validity. I've already attempted to fix it myself but it's not easy.

When Doubles UU, Doubles OU, or Doubles Ubers is the selected format, the teambuilder will list Clefairy as being banned from these formats even though it's never banned. I keep hearing about players believed Clefairy isn't allowed in Doubles when it's not the case.

not banned.png

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
I found an error with the base power calculated when mousing over Draco Meteor against Mega Gengar in Misty Terrain. The problem was it not halving the base power of a Dragon move against a grounded Pokemon in Misty terrain, as it does for other Pokemon.
gengterrain1.jpg
Though when I used Draco Meteor against Mega Gengar it did correct amount of damage, factoring the decreased power due to Misty Terrain. Replay of initial battle here. A second battle was also done to investigate the error more, link here.
gengterrain2.jpg
gengterrain3.jpg
gengterrain4.jpg
gengterrain5.jpg
As shown above, the problem seems to be soley Mega Gengar (but not regular Gengar), and does not depend on which slot it is in either. I haven't tested with other Dragon moves or move users because of this. My theory for the cause of the error is the calculation thinking that Mega Gengar is not a grounded Pokemon, since regular Gengar used to have Levitate in the past.

This happened once to me, but sometimes when I try to pick a pokemon to use there is an errorthat states, "[Invalid choice] Can't choose for Team Preview: You do not have a Pokémon in slot NaN"

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
This happened once to me, but sometimes when I try to pick a pokemon to use there is an errorthat states, "[Invalid choice] Can't choose for Team Preview: You do not have a Pokémon in slot NaN"
Do you have a replay? NaN means "Not a Number" and is what happens when we try to parse a string (text) that isnt a number into one. A replay would probably help identify what happened.

Deleted User 457088

Banned deucer.

Minor, but I don't think zmoves should count for the purpose of the illusion popup.
I've checked the code for this and what I found is that there is not a really "classy" way to solve this. Basically what happens is that the names of the moves are pushed into a list whose length is checked and whenever it's greater than 4, that message is displayed. The easier solution would be to just say "if this move is a Z move, do not push its name into the list". The other solution would be to actually declare another variable that corresponds to the length of the list and each time a Z move is added, subtract 1.
I'm not an expert with the battle code, but this is pretty much what I understood giving it a fast read.

Reposting some hover display bugs from old thread that haven't been fixed to condense them all here as well as some new related ones I found while recreating them

1. Rowap Berry and Jaboca Berry are not removed from the hover display when used

1529594659581.png
2. Symbiosis does not update hover display items on activation
1529594716941.png

1529596190960.png

3. Grudge + Leppa Berry updates hover display PP incorrectly when Leppa activates immediately after losing PP / Using a Leppa Berry seems to always accuse you of an Endless Loop.

1529594929887.png

1529594968356.png

4. changing an ability in a way that reveals the original ability and using Gastro Acid to suppress will cause the hover display to claim the opponent has its original ability, when it still has its new ability

1529595181112.png
1529595211036.png
1529595269649.png

5. If 2 pokemon use a Leppa Berry at the same time and proc the endless loop message, it waits to print the messages on separate turns for some reason. In the log both Smeargles activate their leppa at the same time but only 1 Smeargle gets its endless loop notice, the other Smeargle switches out, and only gets its endless loop message once it comes back in.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-765560796

Turn 1

The opposing Smeargle used Sketch!
But it failed!
[DEBUG] move failed because it did nothing.
The opposing Smeargle ate its Leppa Berry!
The opposing Smeargle restored PP to its Sketch move using Leppa Berry!
[Opposing Florges's Symbiosis!]
The opposing Florges shared its Eviolite with the opposing Smeargle!

Smeargle used Sketch!
But it failed!
Smeargle ate its Leppa Berry!
Smeargle restored PP to its Sketch move using Leppa Berry!
[Florges's Symbiosis!]
Florges shared its Eviolite with Smeargle!

The opposing Florges used Aromatherapy!
A soothing aroma wafted through the area!
But it failed!

Florges used Aromatherapy!
But it failed!

Smeargle is in an endless loop.
Turn 2

Flametix withdrew Smeargle!
Flametix sent out Excadrill!

Smeargle, come back!
Go! Excadrill!

But it failed!

But it failed!
Turn 3

Flametix withdrew Excadrill!
Flametix sent out Smeargle!

Excadrill, come back!
Go! Smeargle!

But it failed!

But it failed!

Smeargle is in an endless loop.

6. Metronome-called 2 turn moves that fail (ex: via Choice item) get added to the opponent's movelist on hover

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-765567488

1529596800919.png

EDIT: Entrainment could reveal the user's ability too since you know what it is if it succeeds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)