Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scald is a targeting move, and is therefore used in increments of 2 at a time. It probably figures "This move is supposed to have 24 PP, that can certainly deduct the full 6 from having 3 uses," but upon adjusting to Ditto's transformed maximum of 5 in each slot, that ends up becoming -1. If it determined the actual max before it subtracted out how many uses have been accounted for, that sounds likely to fix it.

Ran into an issue in VGC '19 Sun Series involving Maranga Berry.

The incident initially happened in this replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2019sunseries-798536526

I checked to see if there was any mechanic that would prevent Maranga Berry from triggering, but what was weird is Groudon ate the Maranga Berry but the stat boost didn't come in. The only thing I know of that will prevent Maranga Berry from activating is Sheer Force. So I did some testing with my friends to replicate the bug. We managed to replicate it twice.

The first one involved having the turn end with my only pokemon being Groudon who was attempting to eat Maranga Berry and my opponent ending with Xerneas. This worked here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2019sunseries-798547143 This didn't work however when my opponent had pokemon left.

It did work when I had pokemon left though, like in this Replay here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2019sunseries-798551493

There might be a mechanic that I'm not aware of, sorry if that's the case. But I can't think of anything it might be since we had several tests where Maranga Berry did trigger and provide the stat boost.

Sorry to bother you guys, there is small bug with teambuilder incorrectly displaying remaining ev's (it sometimes displays 2 less remaining than actual, leading to a potential 1 point stat drop).

Here is proof:
Its in the sp def stat before and after.

Edit: okay I realized its because I had 50 defense ev's which isn't a multiple of 4.

But still I don't think Smogon should display available ev's as being 508 when the reality is 510.

Last edited:
Soak + Ally Switch's interaction is currently bugged on Pokemon Showdown. On cartridge, if you target your ally with Soak and then use Ally Switch, the move fails. On Pokemon Showdown, you use Soak on the enemy Pokemon adjacent to the Soak using Pokemon's new position.

This might sound like a weird bug, but it's a scenario that's come up in a few games today on the VGC Sun ladder. It'd be great to get this fixed soon before it influences any more games.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Soak + Ally Switch's interaction is currently bugged on Pokemon Showdown. On cartridge, if you target your ally with Soak and then use Ally Switch, the move fails. On Pokemon Showdown, you use Soak on the enemy Pokemon adjacent to the Soak using Pokemon's new position.

This might sound like a weird bug, but it's a scenario that's come up in a few games today on the VGC Sun ladder. It'd be great to get this fixed soon before it influences any more games.
This is a known bug, and it applies to using any move on your partner while using Ally Switch - it's always supposed to fail.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Trump Card in this match shows it having 5 PP max instead of 8, however each time I used the move it was shown to have only been given 40 BP.

I couldn't get an image to provide it showing, however it looked like it worked normally on Accelgor. This has been posted elsewhere about three and a half months ago but this post can be an update since it seems to have been skipped over.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7hackmonscup-799671269

Last edited:
So there are some issues on showdown with protean mechanics: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen72v2doubles-757690758 as you can see, in this replay, kecleon changes typing even when fake out and sucker punch fail. another issue I’ve seen is when I used power up punch targetting my own empty slot kecleon didn’t change typing as it is supposed to. I also tested this on cart here’s the replay: ( 2USW-WWWW-WWWZ-5DV5 ). I think this may also affect moves like mat block but I haven’t tested that on cart yet.
this glitch hasn’t been fixed yet. I thought I could repost this considering it’s kind of buried in page 4.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Using an attack blocked by Primal weather reveals the original target of the attack on PS when the animation plays out. On cart, the attack just says "The Water-type attack evaporated in the harsh sunlight!" or the equivalent message for Primordial Sea blocking Fire-type moves and does not reveal the target.

Example of incorrect behavior (you shouldn't be able to tell which target Tapu Fini used Scald on): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2019ultraseries-799840605

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-800064323

I'd like to bring your attention to the damage dealt by Victini's V-create on turn 9 of this matche compared to the damage dealt by that same move on turn 8, while keeping in mind that its attack stat was dropped by 2 stages in the beginning of turn 9.
Both DaWoblefet and I tried to justify what happened to no avail.
Kyurem B had Water Bubble active during the previous turn (if I remember PiC correctly).

EmbCPT

VGC 2022 Masters Champion
Kyurem B had Water Bubble active during the previous turn (if I remember PiC correctly).
ok that's pretty embarrassing, thanks for clarifying and I'm sorry for bothering you with smth I should've seen myself.

In the meantime, another weird situation came up, as a Tapu Lele on the following replay, whose item was confirmed to be Choice Scarf when it outsped not only their own Mega Alakazam, but also my own Tapu Lele after theirs got 2 speed drops, managed to use different moves in the end of the game.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-800073829
I'm sorry if, once again, I'm just being dumb and forgetting about smth.

ok that's pretty embarrassing, thanks for clarifying and I'm sorry for bothering you with smth I should've seen myself.

In the meantime, another weird situation came up, as a Tapu Lele on the following replay, whose item was confirmed to be Choice Scarf when it outsped not only their own Mega Alakazam, but also my own Tapu Lele after theirs got 2 speed drops, managed to use different moves in the end of the game.
Are you sure everything had speed investment?

I've been having trouble getting into the new VGC 19 Sun Series format. Every time I try it says "Random Team" instead of "Select a [format name] team" and I have to click on another format and click back. Then, I have to take my team that I already made, and copy+paste it into another team so it can register as a VGC 19 team. This needs to be fixed.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Choice locks break at the end of the turn if you no longer know the move you were locked into. Your opponent's Tapu Lele didn't actually have Psychic; it was shared from Alakazam. When Alakazam fainted, it didn't have access to Psychic anymore so it was free to select any of its naturally known moves. This also happens in normal gameplay when you use Choiced Transform or Mimic or whatever.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader

Thanks for reminding me of this, I wrote a fix for it several months ago but couldn't figure out why Doom Desire/Future Sight would also fail in this situation even though I specifically excluded them (you can start the effect against your own slot but it will never actually hit the user). Got back to it today and it'll be fixed next update!

The following remarks are not bugs but rather small omissions that deserve to be listed here:
• Wishiwashi-School's menu sprite (
) doesn't seem to exist and the Showdown interface fills this gap in a weird way:
Erreur Froussardine 1.png
Erreur Froussardine 2.png
Erreur Froussardine 3.png
• concerning Wishiwashi again, when it faints in his school form it normally uses his school form's cry (logical, see this extract on cartridge). But this is not the case on Showdown: the big form faint with the basic form's cry and the basic form's sprite (even if it has more than 25% of his PVs):
Erreur Froussardine 4.png
• when Zygarde goes into complete form, it's supposed to make its new cry (exactly like a mega-evolution: see this extract on cartridge). But this is not the case on Showdown, where it remains totally silent during the change of form;
• Lycanroc-Dusk doesn't use his own cry on Showdown but that of the diurnal form.

I found this instance of sketchmons validating differently just based on move order, the correct result should be being valid. I guess it sees the Happy Hour and then the Thrash sketch and goes to the Fire Fang version.

Also you can only see the rockruff event list by going to https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/pokemon/rockruffdusk which has no other differences but seems intended

1536015167039.png

1536015203765.png

1536016404980.png

EDIT:

It doesn't let Bulbasaur have solo Weather Ball with Chlorophyll even though it can just Sketch it. With Sludge in any order it says "- Bulbasaur has a hidden ability - it can't have moves only learned before gen 5.". I did another test with a clefable and I guess it doesn't like you sketching learnable incompatible moves together.

1536019342396.png

Here with this marill, in the first order it knows I sketched Encore and ignores that Perish Song is another Marill egg move apparently.

1536019655144.png

1536019725573.png

Two illegalities make a right: Bide/Zap Cannon/Secret Power (in that order) on Natural Cure Chansey passes as legal, when Bide/Zap Cannon are VC transfers that require HA and Secret Power is a Gen 6 move that forces it into sketching the first 2 moves. With Healer it gives me the Gen 5 move error. Secret Power is treated as the sketched move here
1536020313407.png

EDIT 2:
Chansey eggmoves are all listed as "hatched as chansey" (like Belly Drum Marill since azurill doesn't get it) for Gen 6/7 even for the ones Happiny gets as well. Duplicate parents listed here too, probably from the Happiny route.

1536106824303.png

Water Gun and Copycat on Chansey appears as legal even though Water Gun is a Gen 1/2 VC transfer move and Copycat is a Happiny levelup move.

1536108203154.png

1536108276731.png

Going to the mud slap page from Marill's PS dex page only lists it as getting it from Gen 1 VC when it also gets it from a Gen 4 tutor, listed under azurill as past gen only. Same for DynamicPunch (Gen 2 and 3)

1536108779119.png

Z-Curse description is swapped on PS dex (100% HP for ghosts)

1536109217931.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-801010896

On turn 2 Shadow Force failed without even having a Choice item, according to user asgdf it was a lack of target and could be an ingame or PS issue. Haven't seen this happen before though. Apparently this is happening with all called charging moves? I think this should be finally tested or see if it was intended or not. Could be big for metronome meta

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)