Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXTREMELY minor bug that I’ll throw out there because I’m posting anyways: The OM Trademarked has “Trademark” as an alt in /om and /tier, but using that alt only shows the banlist/ruleset and not the description.
/om allows you to use search using a prefix, but in that case it just shows you a summary of matching OMs, even if only one matched.

Kubfu and Urshifu currently validate if shiny despite them being shiny locked ingame.
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 1.57.08 AM.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1179362540
Format: Doubles OU

It looks like you're seeing the Red Card+Destiny Bond bug already, but here's what happened with me.

Turn 5

At the beginning of the turn, the opposing Sharpedo uses Destiny Bond.
My Persian-Alola uses Icy Wind, which KO's the Sharpedo, then also activates the opposing Skarmory's Red Card.
My Indeedee-F is switched in thanks to the Red Card, and my Persian-A faints *after* being switched out (due to Destiny Bond, of course)
(My Corviknight uses Roost, which acts normally)
The opposing Skarmory uses Rock Slide, which only shows the animation of hitting my Corviknight, but damages both of my Pokemon properly. Immediately, my Indeedee-F's nametag disappears (despite being there before Rock Slide), and I'm **pretty** sure I remember the [?] showing up on my team list at the bottom after that, where Indeedee-F used to be shown.
After this, the opponent chooses to switch in Crustle, replacing where their Sharpedo was.

Turn 6
At the beginning of this turn, I was able to properly choose an action for Corviknight (Moves, or switch), however it skipped letting me choose an action for Indeedee-F. As a result, an error message would be shown in the chat, stating that I had to choose an action for my Indeedee-F. I could not. I tried everything, but in the end I lost due to inactivity.

Afterwards, I went to the Help chat, who in turn directed me to report this here. Here I am.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by dhw0

unknown.png
tried refreshing but nothing changes

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, it looks like you're blocking some Javascript / CSS files. Try hard refreshing (Ctrl + F5). (DaWoblefet)

In the Staff FAQ, It says, "Global Drivers (%) can warn users both in rooms and globally, mute users for 7 or 60 minutes, lock users from talking for 3 days or a week, forcibly rename users, clear users' statuses, check users' alternate accounts, check logs of past chat and moderation actions in all rooms."

Normal locks last 2 days though.
BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

When I moused over Umbreon late in the battle, it only showed me Foul Play as used moves. Focus Energy and Baton Pass had been used earlier in the match. Is there a chance that Baton Pass reset the display for moves used? REPLAY

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
/addrankuhtml doesn't allow multi-line input like every other html command. Should be an easy fix but I can't seem to find where that check is made

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia

The PS-Pokedex is somewhat broken. Parts of it for a few months now. There is a pattern. Several lists of Pokemon are not displayed.

1. When you search an egg group, no pokemon are listed. This has been an issue for a few months, at least.
https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/egggroups/field - explaines itself.

2. When you search a move, no pokemon are listed. Usually all pokemon who can learn the move are listed, but not at the moment.
https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/moves/thunderbolt - List at the bottom is missing.

3. When you click on an egg move, the app somehow crashes. It doesn't show you the move-details on the right. Even if you click other moves, the right side seems to have crashed.
https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/pokemon/pikachu - click on any normal move, then click on any egg move, then on any other move.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER (DaWoblefet)

Mew's entire gimmick is that it can learn any move. Yet in team builder it can't.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, unless you have an example of it not having a move it should learn in the teambuilder (DaWoblefet)

Mew's entire gimmick is that it can learn any move. Yet in team builder it can't.
That is not, in fact, the case. You're probably confusing Mew with Smeargle (if you're going off the Dex entries, they're not accurate). Mew is capable of learning any TR/TM move, but not necessarily any possible move.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
In Doubles, Unburden currently has an incorrect interaction with Neutralizing Gas. A Pokemon with Unburden should lose the Speed boost when a Pokemon with NGas switches in according to this post on the SS Battle Mechanics Research thread. To quote:
If Neutralizing Gas was not on the field when the Unburden user lost their item: switching in Neutralizing Gas later will negate the Speed boost from Unburden until the Neutralizing Gas leaves the field
This is not the case in current implementation as seen in this replay.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Aeonic

we got to install microwave ovens
Whitelisting a user in a public room currently grants them global trusted status. I tested this with another user on alt in Pokemon Games earlier who had no prior public roomauth.

idk what is so specific about this bug, it could be a hardwars bug as i am on a old chromebook
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8hackmonscup-1182499534
https://imgur.com/a/4A2EBV6 image of the bug, i couldnt select anything as a move, couldnt go home, could go to other rooms but if i did, then would still show as i was in help. fixed on refresh only had a qr code as well open in a different tabh

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, it does seem like some kind of custom client issue (DaWoblefet)

Avery

Banned deucer.
Typing “/help roomvoice” into a chatroom results in “/roomvoice is not a command,” when it should likely result in something similar to the outcome of “/help promote.”

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

If the HP of a Pokémon with Berserk drops below half but is about to be restored to above half due to a held item such as a Sitrus Berry, Berserk will activate before the HP is restored. However, if the move that hits the Pokémon with Berserk is a multi-strike move, the item will be consumed immediately after the hit that drops the HP to below half, so Berserk will only activate if the HP is still below half after all the strikes and after the activation of the held item.
Currently, Showdown waits until after the HP is restored by an item to verify the Berserk boost, which is not how it should work.

Givrix

Mad Dog
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I don't know if I have already reported this before, sorry if it's a repost.

According to DaWoblefet:

Unburden vs. Neutralizing Gas:
  • If Neutralizing Gas was not on the field when the Unburden user lost their item: switching in Neutralizing Gas later will negate the Speed boost from Unburden until the Neutralizing Gas leaves the field
  • If Neutralizing Gas was on the field when the Unburden user lost their item: Unburden will not get the 2x Speed boost even after Neutralizing Gas leaves the field
Neutralizing Gas should negate the unburden boost, but it's not working on showdown: replay proof

My Dracovish is scarf adamant, its speed reaches 373. Max speed Hawlucha is 368 before unburden. Turn 7, I sent my Weezing-Galar w/ Neutralizing Gas on the field, but Hawlucha still outspeed Dracovish.

Edit: Memoric already reported this, sorry lol

I asked in the help section amd was referred here. Since yesterday Sept 6th in the afternoon until now Sept 7th late morning the drop down box to select battle format is not working. It only shows formats gen8 to Gen7 OU and nothing else. I built a gen7 RU team and can not test it because the drop down doesn't show that tier at all. I have attached 2 screenshots that show the issue.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, but this was probably fixed or a one-off if I had to guess (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

trollfluff rebound

I COULD BE BANNED!
Female unowns get initialized to unown-k to permalocked users
You know unowns are initialized to unown-a to permalocked users so prevent them trolling right
However, I found that when I use a female unown it becomes unown-k
This may sound absurd but I'm not lying
Proof: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1182716707

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT), this is because Metronome battle allows hacked Pokemon; the Unown were gendered, and Unown with female gender was being treated as Unown-F. You can see the difference (one has the gender flag, the other does not in this example) (DaWoblefet):
Unown|unown|fullincense|levitate|metronome|Gentle|1,,,,,||0,,0,,,0|||]
Unown|unown|fullincense|levitate|metronome|Gentle|1,,,,,|F|0,,0,,,0|||

rumia

i like to play and draw
is a Pre-Contributor
im not sure if this is a ps issue or a local storage issue, but when i try to back up/upload teams, this abomination shows up. worth noting that hitting save deletes all of your teams (which was unfortunate for me as i had found out directly before a wcop game)
1599489121268.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see Partman's explanation (DaWoblefet)

im not sure if this is a ps issue or a local storage issue, but when i try to back up/upload teams, this abomination shows up. worth noting that hitting save deletes all of your teams (which was unfortunate for me as i had found out directly before a wcop game)
View attachment 274063
DUSK HI

Also, the import itself isn't a bug - that's how PS stores teams once you have too many in order to reduce space. You can import as normal as long as you leave at least two lines of whitespace between your import and the rest, and make sure you scroll up and paste your import at the top.

As to the teams being cleared: that's because of an error while importing (happened pre-PSPL, so I feel you) - I'd advise making a backup of your builder before you import anything. These are usually caused due to invalid imports, like the wrong delimiter for teams or the lack of a team format.

Kennedy

up the reds
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
We are currently unable to remove nominations with the Athlete of the Day plugin, it just says that the user "has no nomination for the Athlete of the Day." This is also the case in Pro Wrestling with Match of the Week so I assume is the case with all the "of the day/week" things.

I have a replay from series 6 battle stadium doubles where floral healing fails as the first move used in the turn on turn 4.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8battlestadiumdoubles-1183081281

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT), sort of at least; the Comfey targeted one of the full HP opponents. The failure message for Floral Healing at full HP is "[Pokemon]'s HP is full!", not "But it failed!". (DaWoblefet)

trollfluff rebound

I COULD BE BANNED!
after more investigation all unown a turn into unown f when it becomes female

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, at least somewhat; Unown can't be gendered without hacking, and the way the client handles female formes is by checking if the set has (F) on it and then appending "-f" to the sprite id. Coincidentally, Unown has a forme called "F" with the sprite id "unown-f". Therefore, if Unown's gender is set to female in the sim, it becomes the F forme. However, the forme should persist regardless of if a gender is hacked on. (Kris)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)