Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucker punch still not updated for doubles. Should fail if the user isn't being targeted.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, the user does not have to be targeted for Sucker Punch to succeed; the only condition is that the target is attacking something. If you mean something else, please provide a replay (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuthur

Haha CEO
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
We had the crazy idea to create a Gen 8 Monotype Random Battle tour with Gen 8 Shared Power and Gen 8 Camomons as additional rules in the ZU room. Despite Ho3n's team getting Levitate turn 6 thanks to Flygon, the other Pokémon weren't immuned to Webs and Spikes: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotyperandombattle-1188152357.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, when you combine rulesets together that aren't supposed to be combined the behavior could be anything, not something PS is concerned with (DaWoblefet)

Playing ubers doubles. possible bug with the move Assurance. doubles power if the opponent has taken damage making it 120 power, max attack investment Dragapult only dealt 41% damage to a non-buffed Dracovish. This does not seem correct. I apologize if I am mistaken!

Sableye used Fake Out!
The Normal Gem strengthened Sableye's power!
(The opposing Mr. Fish lost 14% of its health!)

Dragapult used Assurance!
(The opposing Mr. Fish lost 41% of its health!)

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, as shown below, the damage range lines up. We'd need a replay to be more specific (DaWoblefet)

Playing ubers doubles. possible bug with the move Assurance. doubles power if the opponent has taken damage making it 120 power, max attack investment Dragapult only dealt 41% damage to a non-buffed Dracovish. This does not seem correct. I apologize if I am mistaken!

Sableye used Fake Out!
The Normal Gem strengthened Sableye's power!
(The opposing Mr. Fish lost 14% of its health!)

Dragapult used Assurance!
(The opposing Mr. Fish lost 41% of its health!)
I got this damage calc with a 120 bp Assurance
252 Atk Dragapult Assurance vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dracovish: 124-146 (38.6 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Possible damage amounts: (124, 125, 127, 128, 129, 131, 132, 134, 135, 137, 138, 140, 141, 143, 144, 146)

and this one with a 60 bp Assurance
252 Atk Dragapult Assurance vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dracovish: 62-74 (19.3 - 23%) -- possible 5HKO
Possible damage amounts: (62, 63, 64, 65, 65, 66, 67, 68, 68, 69, 70, 71, 71, 72, 73, 74)

So everything looks fine to me

Playing Gen 4 OU, using a taunt gliscor vs shedinja, Shedinja runs out of attacking PP whilst taunted presses struggle but does not die.

I assume this is simply an error on showdowns end as online evidence suggests shedinja can die to struggle, and moreover, if it cannot infinite battle clause would have to be invoked should a no PP shedinja face two mons who can pivot with leftovers infinitely vs it so I think it needs to be fixed.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1188634296 Struggle recoil survival on turns 82 and 83.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

In this video at timestamp 3:50, Magearna uses Volt Switch against a Golisopod that is below 50%.

Previously, Mega Camerupt used a Sheer Force-boosted Earth Power against the Golisopod, bringing its HP to below 50%, so Emergency Exit did not activate. In the game, if this occurs then Emergency Exit will not activate again if Golisopod is hit by an attack after that point, UNLESS its HP is brought back up to above 50% and then brought back down below 50% again.

In the video, this does not happen. Volt Switch hits, Figy Berry activates which does not bring Golisopod to above 50%, and then it is switched out by Emergency Exit which does not happen in-game. Basically, in the game, Emergency Exit will ONLY activate if Golisopod is brought from above 50% to below 50% (unless the move is boosted by Sheer Force). So, Golisopod should not have been switched out when it was hit by the Volt Switch.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by MacChaeger

In showdown, you are generally allowed to take back chosen moves if the opponent has not finished their selections yet. However, if the opponent has used imprison, showdown will not let you saying something like "cannot undo as it could cause undue release of information" implying it could let you know what moves were imprisoned before you're supposed to. But I just checked in Pokemon Shield, if one of your moves is currently imprisoned while you are selecting moves, it says " *Pokemon* can't use sealed *move*" and returns you to the move select. Since in game you can figure out what's sealed just by selecting it, it seems to be a bug to not allow reselecting moves due to this.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is only accurate if the move was actually Imprisoned. If it's not Imprisoned and you clicked it, you should be locked in to your move selection; if Showdown allowed this otherwise it would be an info leak (DaWoblefet).

In showdown, you are generally allowed to take back chosen moves if the opponent has not finished their selections yet. However, if the opponent has used imprison, showdown will not let you saying something like "cannot undo as it could cause undue release of information" implying it could let you know what moves were imprisoned before you're supposed to. But I just checked in Pokemon Shield, if one of your moves is currently imprisoned while you are selecting moves, it says " *Pokemon* can't use sealed *move*" and returns you to the move select. Since in game you can figure out what's sealed just by selecting it, it seems to be a bug to not allow reselecting moves due to this.
The key difference is that on cart, if you select a move and it isn't locked, you are forced to use that move, as you cannot manually cancel choices on cart. Showdown lets you cancel moves most of the time out of convenience, but if it let you do that when Imprison was in play, you could check if a move was locked or not without needing to use it if it's not.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
1600423784598.png

Noticed this text overflow in the GSC teambuilder. I think descriptions are taken from the PS Dex but I can't remember for the life of me, nor do I see any other better place to put this? If I'm in the wrong place, sorry!

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

View attachment 276716
Psychic in the RBY Teambuilder should say "30% chance to lower Special by 1.". It's currently inheriting from later gens.
Bulbapedia says it's 33.2%, which is probably 85/256 if they expressed everything in fractions/256.
By the way are secondary effects chances exact or are they all rounded ? (For instance is 10% actually something like 25/256 in the game or is it truly 1/10 ?)

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Bulbapedia says it's 33.2%, which is probably 85/256 if they expressed everything in fractions/256.
By the way are secondary effects chances exact or are they all rounded ? (For instance is 10% actually something like 25/256 in the game or is it truly 1/10 ?)
I believe it's exactly 33.2%, yeah. It uses x/256 chance iirc?

not sure if this has been reported yet but on showdown turn 0 stat drops from intimidate and what not are improperly not doubling the base power of lash out
-1 204+ Atk Tyranitar Lash Out (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 94-112 (30.9 - 36.8%)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1190312198-h45hnq3vda6e9raxx53r4kxh9lpcpfvpw

i dont know the exact pex spread but the damage roll was much less then the minimum roll from doubled base power.

i do not have video proof that it works this way on cart but it has worked that way for me as well as other people in tournament before.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by MacChaeger

Sanshokuinsumireko

I got the baddest bitches in anime
Hello, I was playing in a tour match for BW 2v2 and came upon a visual bug with disable animations plus zoroark.

Capture234242.PNG

This put my opponent at a huge disadvantage because it reveals which slot zoroark was in and allowed me to correctly know where the real infernape is.

Capturewerwr.PNG

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT), as others said, Zoroark is still revealed here, but it should still have a sprite. I can confirm this can only be replicated in doubles when the user only brings two Pokemon and Zoroark is led on the left. (DaWoblefet)

This put my opponent at a huge disadvantage because it reveals which slot zoroark was in and allowed me to correctly know where the real infernape is.
There is no disadvantage in this scenario, because you could already tell where Zoroark was anyway. Illusion copies based on the last slot, so Zoroark always has to be in slot 1 for Illusion to copy Infernape in the last slot 2.

You can also see the visual bug in the replay by skipping through turns.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In RBY battles, Hi Jump Kick is implemented correctly in that you only lose 1HP if you miss, but the hover text on the move is incorrect. It currently says you lose half your HP if you miss which is true for current gen, but not for RBY. They changed HJK like every generation for the first few generations so I'd check to see if the hover text is correct for those gens as well.

Also even smaller nitpick but it was "Hi Jump Kick" instead of "High Jump Kick" for the first few generations as well.

Sanshokuinsumireko

I got the baddest bitches in anime
There is no disadvantage in this scenario, because you could already tell where Zoroark was anyway. Illusion copies based on the last slot, so Zoroark always has to be in slot 1 for Illusion to copy Infernape in the last slot 2.
I see then I'll use that for the next time I play vs zoroark.

Another video where something weird happens. At about 14:56, Joey notices that Dragapult isn't losing the appropriate amount of PP from Phantom Force into Pressure Corviknight. As you would expect, it's not losing PP for each turn of Phantom Force (both the "going up into the sky" turn and the turn when it hits), it's only losing PP for one of those turns, but not the appropriate amount. It kind of seems like this is happening because it is only losing PP on the turn when it goes up, when it is not technically "hitting" Corviknight, but this would be weird because that's not how two-turn moves like Fly work in the game itself. PP should be getting deducted on the turn when it hits, and so it should be losing 2 PP on those turns because of Pressure.

Of course this could just be a visual glitch with the tooltip but still weird.

I found an issue while playing a match and press "replace player" in a user that left the match at the same time i pass the "player (☆)" for him. The result was that only an user had the "player (☆)" and the match stopped by timer
We tried repeat the bug exactly how happened in the first match and we received the message "User "user" must be in battle room already." This message in red didn't have appeared in the previous game, but the issue keep happening at the same way: we lost the role of "player (☆)"
The replays can't show the bugs but i have prints
Replays: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen6randombattle-1190572892
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1190583416

1600821516353.png

1600821533257.png

1600821558946.png

1600821578690.png

1600821603251.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but the damage calculator doesn't accurately show Aura Wheel's damage. Changing the type has no effect, which is annoying considering Aura Wheel changes type. Setting Rapid Spin to dark type and the same base power as Aura Wheel shows it should be doing much more damage than what the calculator shows.
So Aura Wheel is coded to always reflect Morpeko's form, it will always be electric type when he's in normal mode, and dark type when he's in hangry mode, which is why you have an option to change morpeko's forme in the calc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)