Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
1619468815394.png

Pretty self explanatory screenshot, /math seems to multiply by -1 everything after a - if it is the first digit of the calc. If it is intended, it's confusing and a mathematically wrong notation.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by urkerab

Last edited by a moderator:

BreadLoeuf

[bɹɛd.lœf]
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Currently, the room function on PS seem to be a little scuffed (at least for me). This includes:

• Rooms appearing in no apparent order for most users (I noted that it seemed to be in order of when each room was created, thus, their permanent number).
  • Although I left the Dev room, the system acts like I'm still in the Dev room (showing it in both my own and other people's Private Rooms).
It's nothing gamebreaking, just something I thought to bring up, and due to its undergroundness, it might be something only I'm experiencing.

Bug 1.jpg

BUG STATUS: FIXED with a restart

shake my head.PNG
the pokemon showdown website is probably down again. smh

BUG STATUS: FIXED with latest restart

i've recently been hit with the endless "loading" bug that forces me to refresh with a 10% chance of the issue being fixed. to resolve this, i had to refresh 17 times before it finally loaded. this is extremely frustrating as an end user. is there a timeline for this fix? it seems pretty high priority.

chrome 90. arm build.

BUG STATUS: FIXED with latest restart

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
this applies to gen 7 formats only - it does not apply to generation 8 (natdex) formats

when a pokemon mega evolves and reaches a new speed tier, it will always lose a speed tie if applicable. for example, if a 252 speed timid mega gardevoir is on the field and facing a regular 252 speed timid gardevoir @ gardevoirite which then mega evolves, the one that had already mega evolved prior will win the speed tie 100% of the time.

some proof of this happening, thank you Eve for testing with me - these were 10 consecutive battles as noted in the chat of the games.

example of this behaviour not happening in national dex: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1330606104-cjxigtp70wes5fouc0kr806elrrsa6dpw

both of our aerodactyls used the same set:

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Crunch

i don't believe this is intended behaviour. i assume it was maybe inherited from generation 6's speed-updating mechanic somehow? not sure, really. if i'm wrong and this is how it works on cart then sorry! just figured it was worth posting to be sure.

as a side note this was reported last year by Kyotoshi - can be found here - and it was said to be fixed. i assume it was fixed for national dex formats but gen 7 was forgotten about? idk. thanks in advance!

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

I don’t know if this is the correct place to report this, but I don’t know of a better place: the PS dex incorrectly places the CAP moves header seemingly at random in the list of moves when filtering for a specific type. This seems to happen for any type. This is on mobile and I’m not sure if it happens on desktop.
EA6525B0-55BC-4C75-9F86-699AEA0F3DB9.jpeg1E912D39-A499-418A-867A-CBE542721620.jpeg1A524EF9-DDF6-4420-8F06-B919218E6E17.jpeg

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER - This does happen on Desktop too, for all types except Bug (Nol)

Hey guys, I very rarely write anything here but u rly should look into Poltergeist's accuracy mechanics. I get how RNG works and such, I regularly miss a couple of Stone Edges in a row but it's still nowhere as bad as Poltergeits has been for me very consitetntly over the last weeks (against me as well). I believe at this point I've missed about 50/100 last ones (no exaggerating here) and every single battle only further proves how this moves' accuracy isn't how it should be. After a week of missing more than hitting I just decided to make a post about this cos I think the data sample is large enough to make a solid enough assumption that Poltergeist's accuracy on PS is nowhere close to even 70%, not to mention 90. Like rly, pls take it seriously and do look into it if possible cos it's becoming more and more ridiculous as the move keeps missing 2/3 times every battle over an extended period of time.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, as Mia says, it's just in your head. Poltergeist is 90% accurate and hits as often as any other 90% accurate move. That's just how RNG is sometimes!

steam engine doesnt show up for /as fire, nor /as water

casio.PNG

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (Nol)

A bit of a teambuilder issue
Pikachu cosplay forms does not have a sprite displayed on teambuilder, but function normally in battle. Is there any way that the Pikachu cosplay sprites can be displayed on Teambuilder?

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, we do have the cosplay Pikachu sprites, but they must not be showing up correctly teambuilder-side for whatever reason (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Here are a few replays that show the above bug without a long game to search through.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1332696745 showing that damage is halved after the berry is triggered.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1332697913 showing that the damage reduction persists after switching out.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1332698561 showing that the damage reduction doesn't just apply to physical moves.
As far as I can tell this works with any weakness berry, and you need to have ripen for it to work.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
free for all battles say that you're targeting your own pokemon if it's on the same side of the field, even though it's an opponents.
1619991109824.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED byTimbuktu22

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doubleslc-1333064824

The opposing Koffing fainted!
[The opposing Koffing's Neutralizing Gas]
The effects of the neutralizing gas wore off!

Elite 4 Anubis won the battle!
Vullaby was damaged by the recoil!

At the end, Vullaby was damaged by the recoil after the battle was won. This might be similar to the one showcased by DaWoblefet.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Capture.JPG

Hey there, currently there is no BL list for the National Dex teambuilder, was going to check tags.ts but then realized I dont understand typescript. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

Edit: to add on to this i found the UUBL mons in the Below UU section which is probably a bug too.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

In gen 1 OU, transform is supposed to copy a target pokemon's stats.

Currently, when a high level ditto transforms into a lower level pokemon it gains the stats that pokemon would have at a higher level. This is visible when L88 Ditto (as Slowbro) attacks the opposing L68 Slowbro in this replay (turn 3): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-1333298225-nju8iqn3srze9rg9od27ihcsyt8b4k1pw

Ditto is level 88 in randbats.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) (Plague Von Karma)

I am unsure if this is a bug or not, but the Free-For-All other metagame is not available when challenging other users.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see below (DaWoblefet)

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
I am unsure if this is a bug or not, but the Free-For-All other metagame is not available when challenging other users.
It's intentional, here's a message explaining why it's ladder only for now.
Another note: It is only available on the ladder, as we are currently waiting for client support for non-random Free-For-All challenges (teams etc). It is unavailable as a tournament format for the same reason.

Recently, I've noticed that my trainer sprite/Pokemon list has been bugged and isn't displaying correctly. I can still mouse over where the Pokemon should be to see their status, but the trainer sprite/Pokemon list has been replaced by garbled nonsense. Changing my trainer sprite seems to change the nonsense displayed (I'm using the Brycen-Man sprite in the attached image, for reference,) and it doesn't appear to be tied to my username as I've tried a few and they've all displayed the same issue. It might be a browser issue, as this occurs when I use Firefox but not when I use Chrome, but I figured it was worth a mention.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG with us at least probably; try doing a hard refresh in Firefox (Ctrl + F5). (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Visual bug: sometimes, after your Dynamax is over, the Pokemon's 3D model will remain enlarged, though it has the HP and moves of its non-Dynamaxed forms.
Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 11.18.09 PM.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by pyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)