Bug Reports v4 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1320010408
Apparently there's a ladder bug that can make you get matched with players way below you

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER - this happens very infrequently; when a request to the ladder is made and no response is given, it's assumed that you have a rank of 1000 (aka newer player). But this only happens for small moments and so is difficult to actually fix (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
im not sure if this is a bug. meleotta looks pixily on the home screen. it fixes its self when i hover my mouse on it. but it gos back to pixily when i remove it
its a minor bug but its bothering me plz fix

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, like a screenshot, and what web browser you're using (DaWoblefet)

im not sure if this is a bug. meleotta looks pixily on the home screen. it fixes its self when i hover my mouse on it. but it gos back to pixily when i remove it
its a minor bug but its bothering me plz fix

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, like a screenshot, and what web browser you're using (DaWoblefet)
You might be slightly zoomed out.

tenzhii

formerly PokeZeep
pressure pp is not deducted when hovering over an enemy pokemon during a battle if the move used was phantom force

bug.png

as visible, the dragapult was taunted and could not use any move other than phantom force. however, the additional pp was not deducted for each usage; curse was deducted correctly as it lost 2 pp upon its usage. i am not sure why phantom force in particular is bugged this way

as for a replay: oops i didnt save it, sorry!

Hidden Power not being usable. (doesnt let you import/export/upload to pokepaste) a team. (ss are from natdex and usum ou respectively, but same issue with other gens and different mons/HP)
DA8CC76D-FEAF-4A3E-AD9C-FCD6EC14BBE6.jpeg
5830CE27-DFE6-4254-B4EE-942E156D17D9.jpeg

When I click on “Upload to Pokepaste” the button flashes like it does normally, but nothing happens, same with the import/export button for the whole team. When hidden power is removed, rest works fine.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika / Zarel

Skypenguin

Skype (nguin)
is a Tiering Contributor
Edit: adsam posted while I was writing this up, seems to be an issue with hidden power

Certain Greninja sets break the teambuilder's export function (most Protean sets from what I've seen).
The "import/export team" button as well as the "upload to pokepaste" buttons don't function when there is a Protean Gren.
Trying to "import/export" the specific set shows a blank box as shown here
1618363380597.png

However, this bug doesn't occur with my Z Poison Gren
1618363448343.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika / Zarel

I found a glitch where item list in teambuilder show pokemons instead of the items
It started when i was finding a mon with superpower, then clicked exeggcutor-alola, then the type thingy went to items but didnt show item list, reselecting it didn't work, and clicking one of the mons puts the mon's name in the item slot
Glitch happens on other mons too and refreshing/exiting teambuilder didnt work, but the rest (pokemon/ability/moves etc.) are still working fine.

Finding a mon via typing a move/type on the Pokemon slot and selecting it moves on to the item list (showing the pokemon list) and cannot remove the parameter when selecting to delete.

if you do type the full name of the item in the item box you'll be able to put the item on the pokemon like normal but it seems like a bug that the items don't show up in the list like normal -#Kennedy (Help room)

Help room started having these kinds of questions after I posted about this bug there, so I think the time and date is important. This happened from Server time: 4/14/2021, 5:20:00 AM (assumed/estimated)

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

This, I believe is an important issue. It was mentioned back in June 2020 & I wondered if it was ever addressed.
To preface this, I usually ignore opponent or spectators to limit toxic interactions.
When you click on ignore opponent/spectators before selecting a lead, you can't hover over your own pokemon to see its sets in the game anymore unless you click on a pokemon. This is very problematic because I would like to be able to decide what to lead with based on my sets vs the opponent's mons during team preview.

Part 2 of this issue is also a bit perplexing.
To undo this, selecting your lead & then unselecting it fixes this issue.
But here's the problem.
If the opponent has already selected their lead before I've selected mine I obviously can't go back to team preview & check my sets after selecting my lead.
A workaround would be to always have your teambuilder open, but this is not a solution, just an inconvenient workaround.
It's very frustrating because what seems like a minor bug/inconvenience can change whole outcomes of games at lead if you select a lead without being able to review your sets in the game during team preview.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing it or has experienced it but it is kind of a big deal to me. If you could reproduce this issue & test/fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.
1618406794805.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Attack IVs are being automatically set to 31 if a pokemon has Bide, Metal Burst, Seismic Toss, or Super Fang. Also, if you set attack IVs to something other than 31, they will automatically be set back to 31 if you have one of those moves or any normal (as in dealing damage normally, not normal type) physical attack when you click away from the EVs/IVs section then click back to it.
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.23.10 PM.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Hello! The Urshifu-Rapid-Strike sprite, while using the ~usage command from the Officer Jenny bot, shows up as a missingno instead. Sprite for Urshifu-Single-Strike is fine, if that is of significance to this. The command was used in the lobby chatroom, and the missingno sprite was visible to all users.
bug.PNG

BUG STATUS: WRONG PLACE, this isn't a bug with PS, but rather a bug with Officer Jenny. Ask fart (the owner) about it. (DaWoblefet)

two minor graphical bugs.

1.The players pkmn icons are too low.
2. Wrong name displayed in the chat boxes.

1618509537839.png

1618509551902.png

1618509560740.png

see how it shows the wrong opp name, its shows the name belonging to the left tab
1618513586827.png

1618513603373.png

1618513620059.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel (minimally, I, DaWoblefet, can't reproduce this and Zarel made a change between this post and time of edit)

When sending out a pokemon with Imposter or using transform infront of an Eternamax Eternatus, both fail. However Bulbapedia says that the pokemon should transform into base eternatus when atempting to transform into eternamax eternatus.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, particularly a replay (DaWoblefet)

After using Ally Switch in a Gen 8 DOU match, I found Showdown reporting my Snorlax and Oranguru's abilities and certain stats had switched. I'm unaware if this was merely a cosmetic issue or if it would've had an impact on a battle, since their abilities, gluttony and symbiosis, were not used after the swap, and even if Snorlax's attack stat was lowered to 500 from the switch, it would've still had a very high chance of a darkest lariat KO on the most popular Metagross sets from 58%:

248 Atk Snorlax Darkest Lariat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 206-244 (56.5 - 67%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (a set modified to have 500 attack)

+6 12+ Atk Snorlax Darkest Lariat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 468-552 (128.5 - 151.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (my actual set)

I'll include two screenshots, and while I'm aware it won't show abilities if they're not used, a replay as well in the hopes it may be helpful:

Screenshot 2021-04-15 221756.png

Screenshot 2021-04-15 221731.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1322494778-1bm6fo8pyo17e1eg7d4dodg2w528nhvpw

The command /hidenext is not making the next game opened after using it hidden, tested with [Gen 8] VGC 2021 Series 9, [Gen 8] VGC 2021, and [Gen 8] Random Battle and all of my games appear under my name under "Battles" without the special hidden room url

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

Using /ds icicle crash, electric in a gen 3 battle returns "No Pokémon, item, move, ability or nature named 'Arctozolt' was found in Gen 3. (Check your spelling?)" Seems unintentional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 2)