Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Im not 100% certain this is necessarily a bug but it is very frustrating for me. When you’re in the middle in the battle on a phone, and you change from data to wifi it disconnects you from the game but doesn’t tell you you’re disconnected. This results in you just doing your moves like normal and waiting for the opponent to also select his moves, which never happens, because you’re not connected. You have to completely restart the website if you want the actual “disconnected” message to show up which lets you reconnect, and by the time you do that usually one minute has passed and you automatically lose and the game is not findable anymore in the drop down menu. It is important to note i run the game on IOS and using the “add to home screen” option which possibly changes some things compared to just running it in regular safari.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER), it's probably recognizing you're still "connected", just not the right one. In general, I'd recommend you avoid changing networks mid-game like this (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
In the Gen 7 Teambuiler, when I click on sample set containing a Hidden Power type, it gives the the hidden power IVs that corresponded to the type in Gen 6. For example, if I click on the Life Orb Kyurem-Black sample set(which contains HP Fire, it gives me 30 Speed IVs. This isn't how HP works in Gen 7, so I believe this is a bug. This only happens when you click on a sample set, NOT when you enter HP Fire manually.
Here's a screenshot

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Illusio

Bold and Brash
In the Teambuilder for gens 3-7, if a Pokemon has the moves Dragon Rage or Sonic Boom, Teambuilder will give the user an EV spread with SpA EVs, even if the Pokemon does not know any other special moves.

Attachments

imposter copying power of alchemy breaks the entire game somehow, softlock on imposter side, both mons are considered alive yet they arent? ( [Invalid choice] Can't move: You sent more choices than unfainted Pokémon. ) https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1689573947

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT), this looks super janky; I'd want to get a replay without the Metronome side of things in here. It may also be related to previously reported Metronome Battle bugs (that haven't been reproducible) where the player for some reason can't choose moves (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Trying to figure out the issue that happened here – Random Battle Mayhem last turn (turn 25) Rest failed to activate, citing Bulletproof. Here is the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1690696415-dfddsa88idzgw8hbhetkxmrwzb68n32pw

As far as I can tell, there's no simple explanation for Rest failing to activate. Galarian Mr. Mime had Screen Cleaner as the ability and not Vital Spirit. I know RBM can get wonky with the mechanics, but this seems like a bug.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, when you throw together jank mechanics in an OM format, there may be undefined behavior. In this case, Rest failing due to Insomnia / Vital Spirit just prints the user's current Ability - in this case for Dubwool, it was Bulletproof, but it could have been any ability because of Shared Power interactions (DaWoblefet)

According to Bulbapedia this is a bug:

"If a transformed Pokémon takes damage from a critical hit, its original stats will be used rather than its stats after Transform." However, in the replay, this isn't the case. Ditto takes ~66% from a crit Slash pre-transform and ~41% afterwards, indicating that the damage calculation is using different stats.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-1692558988-g86vg4qvk2irr0ghad3gwuqb7ze351lpw

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) Transform's interactions are known to be bugged in Gen 1 (DaWoblefet)

Some minor accuracy errors in earlier gens (according to Bulbapedia):

Gen 1+2: Mimic should have 100% accuracy (not —)
Gen 2: Pain Split should have 100% accuracy (not —)
Gen 2+3: Nightmare should have — accuracy (not 100%)
Gen 3: Memento should have — accuracy (not 100%), Mind Reader and Odor Sleuth should have 100% accuracy (not —)

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
my friend found a visual glitch with the sleep turn counter.

if you healing wish into a mon thats already asleep, the sleep turn counter doesnt reset, leading to a situation like this:

the replay
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8battlefactory-1692687320-bvc2j8fkvcc157ok1dwigzsk82xqatwpw
turn 39: first sleep turn
turn 46: hwish into centiskorch
turn 47: skorch put back to sleep after moving
turn 48: skorch burns 1 turn, sleep counter is 2

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) good find! (DaWoblefet)

I had a ferrothorn that got hit by toxic, despite being immune to it file:///home/chronos/u-2dd0ed4df7ed6e5c48ed94d80f30e5ccb9eedb65/MyFiles/Downloads/Gen8RandomBattle-2022-10-24-gionniflesc-multiplemaple%20(1).html

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, We can't see the replay file you provided. However, I'm going to take a guess and say that your Ferrothorn was hit by a toxic from a Salazzle, which has the ability Corrosion which will ignore Steel-type's immunity to Toxic. If this wasn't the case, please try to provide a proper replay link for this battle. (Karthik)

Maybe a bug? Didn't see it in the list.

When playing against a Zoroark, it was actually revealed in the opponents lineup prior to actually being revealed as "unrevealed Illusion user" and showed the Zoroark sprite. Not sure if it had to do with Slowbro (the mon being imitated) being inflicted with Toxic? I was playing as newfiesteak if you want to see it from my side. Zoroark comes out at turn 7.

pkmnBug.jpg

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1694375446

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG Your Zoroark was level 86, as it originally disguised as Dhelmise. You already revealed that Slowbro was level 84, so when Zoroark disguised as Slowbro once Dhelmise fainted, it was already leaked that an Illusion must be in effect.

Not 100% certain if this is a bug:

According to Bulbapedia, Block bypasses accuracy checks to always hit in gen 3. However on PS!, it can miss when attacking an enemy with BrightPowder: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3customgame-1694406028-e23mwlgf0dciczn171eea5c9nclpyngpw.

This affects some other moves in gens 2-3 as well.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER), there's a bunch of other Gen 3 moves like that which are weird; they are listed as having 100% accuracy, but in fact on cart they behave like sure-hit accurate moves, despite the 100% label (DaWoblefet)

I think I found a new bug in random battle mayhem

At turn 20 of the replay, terrakion had both the abilities misty terrain and levitate. However, for some reason they were grounded and immune to toxic according to the message: The opposing Terrakion surrounds itself with a protective mist!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattlemayhem-1694589000

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, I assume Trace overrides any other Abilities it picks up from Shared Power. If you don't like this behavior, you can protest over on the Shared Power thread for people to make up new behavior for Trace (DaWoblefet)

Teambuilder shows that Kyurem-Black and Kyurem-White can learn glaciate, even though only base Kyurem should get it. It's a visual bug only, it doesn't pass validation. Affects all gens

Screenshot_20221025_220927.png

Screenshot_20221025_220638.png

Attachments

This doesn't fit any of the "other bug fix threads" any better than this one, so it's going here. Currently in gen 8 ou shiny zeraora can use transfer moves like knock off and toxic. Shiny zeraora was not distributed until gen 8 so learning these gen 7 moves is currently impossible for shiny zeraora.
Capture.PNG

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Didn't save the replay but uh on showdown Room Service activates before Imposter when Imposter is supposed to activate first.

3:04 shows how it works in game

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

Murm

formerly Murman
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I believe I found a legality bug for Gen 2. In Generation 2, Substitute is not a TM, so the only ways to get Substitute is by transferring from Generation 1 (any mon from Gen 1 and their evolutions), learning it naturally (only Mr. Mime), or getting it through an event (Sudowoodo and Pineco). The issue is with Flail on Gyarados. Currently, if you validate a team with a Gyarados with the moves Substitute and Flail, it will say it is a legal combination. However, I don't believe this is possible. The only way to get a Gyarados with Flail is to have a Magikarp in Gen 2 learn it, and then evolve into Gyarados. Then you cannot transfer the Gyarados back to gen 1 to learn Substitute since it has a non gen 1 move. The only way to have a Gyarados with Sub is to teach it in gen 1, but when you transfer it to gen 2, you won't be able to learn Flail since it only gets it as a Magikarp.

tl:dr: PS says Flail + Substitute is legal on Gyarados in Gen 2, while in reality it shouldn't be.

Screenshot (195).png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY, great find! to be clear, Magikarp only learns Flail in Gen II, so Gyarados must have a Gen II origin to learn it, which rules out Gen 1 exclusive moves like Substitute, BubbleBeam, etc. (DaWoblefet)

Ok so the buildformat function which is started with the /buildformat function seems to be experiencing some problems, after completing the steps and clicking create, it gives an error saying that the format requires you to use your own team, although throughout the process, you are never asked to add/make one.
Here is a picture of the error
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...22-10-27-10-41-56-011_com.android.chrome3.jpg

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, the particular format you were trying to create and the specific steps you took; I cannot reproduce this (DaWoblefet)

In gen 8 mayhem, unbusted Mimikyu with wonder guard is immune to fighting moves (this is inverse)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1696748484-u3ajx9tiunkfjqkoskxyvei1ph7zsvtpw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, pre-Disguise Mimikyu does not take super-effective damage; for example, a Babiri Berry wouldn't activate on Disguise busting, nor would Iron Head trigger a Mimikyu's Weakness Policy if hit pre-Disguise. There is no possible way on cart to have Wonder Guard and Disguise simultaneously, so if you want to make up new behavior, petition the Shared Power thread, not bug reports (DaWoblefet)

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
When transforming into a pokemon with a suppressed ability (through Gastro Acid or Core Enforcer), Transform/Imposter mon copies the ability but keeps it active (see this replay, where Giratina has Pixilate and gets surpressed, but Imposter Ditto is able to attack with Fairy-type Boomburst). However, if the Transform/Imposter user's ability doesn't reveal itself (so not Intimidate, Mold Breaker, etc.), Showdown will still say that the said user's ability is suppressed when it isn't (even if you're the user of the mon). This differs from the cartridge interaction, where even if the enemy's ability is suppressed when you transform into them, you can still see the ability.
1666998013416.png

also what's odd here is that, for both giratinas, if you select a move and then back out, boomburst becomes normal-type in the UI. below are 2 pics of that:
1666998181743.png
1666998202118.png
20221029_000717.jpg
20221029_000726.jpg

the blue bit is just the trainer name, not doxxing myself lmao

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) this is a known display bug (DaWoblefet)

1667072187698.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1698046776-secxsz0cmhnsbp8aw9h9vlorjz73msdpw

Imposter Ditto transforms into Stunfisk-Galar, triggers Mimicry and reverts into normal type. All of this in turn 1, while no terrain is active. I'm not entirely sure this is meant to happen.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is what happens on cartridge. There was even a hint shown right after it happened in the replay that explained this "Transform Mimicry changes you to your original un-transformed types." (Karthik)

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Dragging a team in the teambuilder can occasionally cause an open chatroom to disappear. Weirdly, it's still possible to click on usernames in the vanished chat window, even though none of its contents are visible. This effect resets whenever you select a different chatroom. I think I've also had this happen when dragging chatrooms around, although I couldn't replicate it just now and may be misremembering. I'm using Chrome on Windows.
https://imgur.com/jeeSOJ8
e: this took about 3 attempts to replicate - it doesn't happen every time

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) I have seen this happen recently too! (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)