Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiny display bug I've noticed when screens are switched sides via court change : The displayed counter resets to 4 or 7 turns, even if there are less turns left. Functionally, though, the screens disappear at the end of the right turn. This happened both during the fight and during the replay.

It can be seen in the following replay, where I use Aurora Veil on turn 1 (A-Ninetales is carrying Light Clay for info). On turn 5, I use Court Change with Cinderace, when the display shows "Aurora Veil (1 or 4 turns)". The display then becomes "Foe's Aurora Veil (4 or 7 turns)". On turn 8, the Aurora Veil correctly wears off (hence why I said it worked functionally).
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1115496768

I've attached some screenshots in case I'm the only one seeing that on the replay.
8e590e8c06.jpg cf637d97f9.jpg eb9a18e909.jpg

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Last edited by a moderator:
This Nihilego got a metronome ally swap with their allies blacephalon dug under ground, afterwards the blacephalon dug and somehow hit their nihilego leading to a 1hko which I dont think is supposed to happen this all happened in the same turn. The only thing that could be a reason for this is that metronome targeted the spot that the nihilego was originally in for some reason so it thought the dig mon was there and saw that it wasnt the dig mon so attacked it

Replay of the situation: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1115512588

BUG STATUS: FIXED by MacChaeger

A bug relating to pokemon teams displaying in vertical columns and broken hover text may be caused by altering the zoom level in Google Chrome. At 100% zoom, a battle displays normally, but altering Chrome's zoom level to 110% or 90% causes the pokemon team lists to display vertically and the information gained by hovering over the bottom right pokemon doesn't appear. The same bug occurs when viewing replays.

I tested altering the zoom level in Firefox and nothing broke, so this bug may be a result of using a chromium based web browser as I saw someone earlier in the thread was having a similar issue using Brave browser.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Attachments

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
/changeuhtml seems to move the targeted uhtml to the bottom, rather than changing it

edit: to replicate
/adduhtml any id, any message
send any message
/changeuhtml any id, any other message

/changeuhtml is supposed to change the original element without moving it, but it instead moves it to the bottom of the chat as if it were a new message

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Felucia

Queries such as /ds4 moonblast erroneously show smeargle where there should be no results (as, in this example, Moonblast doesn't exist in gen 4, so no Pokemon should be capable of learning it in this scenario).

This occurs more generally with /ds results for oldgens involving moves that were introduced later on, so this problem persists in cases like /ds5 darkest lariat or /ds2 flame charge
Screenshot (21).png
(Note: the account is me on a 1v1 ladder tour alt).

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Weird socket error on connecting to Showdown:
Uncaught Error: SecurityError: An insecure SockJS connection may not be initiated from a page loaded over HTTPS
at new w (sockjs-1.4.0-nwjsfix.min.js:2)
at constructSocket (client.js?a4b4268e:720)
at reconstructSocket (client.js?a4b4268e:766)
at w.socket.onclose (client.js?a4b4268e:777)
at w.r.dispatchEvent (sockjs-1.4.0-nwjsfix.min.js:2)
at w.<anonymous> (sockjs-1.4.0-nwjsfix.min.js:2)
1589669441346.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Last edited:
When sorting replays by rating, clicking "more" doesn't give next highest rated replays. I think the URL the "more" button hits is mismatched

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/search/?format=gen8ou&rating

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/search?user=&format=gen8ou&page=2&output=html <- URL thats requested
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/search?user=&format=gen8ou&rating&page=2&output=html <- this should probably be the URL requested, based on the ratings that show up at the top of the page.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER (DaWoblefet)

Going to the teambuilder of a previous Gen AG, adding a Pokemon and clicking ''Smogon analysis'' near the recommended EV spread, instead of redirecting you to the analysis of that Pokemon, it shows the following error:
1589881157408.png

This happens because Showdown redirects you to previousgeneration/pokemon/randompokemonag, not previousgeneration/pokemon/randompokemon/ag. I am using Chrome on Windows 10 btw, but I don't think it really matters what operating system and browser you are using.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris

hello, it's just a small, bug, i guess isn't that right. It's more of a mistake made in the description of the move "Rapid Spin"
For gen7 it states that using this move successfully will lead to a 100% chance to increase speed by 1,
but this concept is only added to the game one generation later. Evidence: https://imgur.com/XikF2Pn

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
A friend and I were trying to replicate NC97 in a game and found that you can't remove OHKO Clause in Stadium for some reason. Evasion worked, but for some reason, OHKO just wouldn't budge no matter what.
1589938313746.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Use
Code:
/tour rules !ohko clause
to remove the clause properly (DaWoblefet).

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A friend and I were trying to replicate NC97 in a game and found that you can't remove OHKO Clause in Stadium for some reason. Evasion worked, but for some reason, OHKO just wouldn't budge no matter what.
View attachment 247291
Did you try removing ohko clause with the rule !ohkoclause? Based off of the rules I can see there it looks like you tried manually unbanning them, which I’ve found doesn’t work as long as ohko clause is in place, regardless of individual unbans.. (My experience with this comes from making tour codes for natdex ag, so it might not be relevant to gen1.)

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Did you try removing ohko clause with the rule !ohkoclause? Based off of the rules I can see there it looks like you tried manually unbanning them, which I’ve found doesn’t work as long as ohko clause is in place, regardless of individual unbans.. (My experience with this comes from making tour codes for natdex ag, so it might not be relevant to gen1.)
You'll have to ask Beelzemon 2003 about that.

This bug was for already 4 months and i didn't see it was reported or fixed is about gen2 randoms, the pokemons will allways have the last set that has and the other sets are blocked, i'll post some images to explain this. I've played more than 60 battles to confirm this so i'm sure that this isn't working right, and i hope this get fixed bc most pokemons gets one set-predicted by this error.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika (probably - she refactored most of randbats)

Attachments

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
There's this bug where when you use Greninja with Battle Bond in Gen8 and transforms into Ash-Greninja while it is dynamaxed and skip the last turn that it is dynamaxed, even after the end of the dynamax it appears to be larger than it should be.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1118246593

Try clicking the "Skip Turn" button on Turn 5 in this battle.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by pyuk

OH yes i forgot another error, is about mega drain in let's go pikachu eevee where the power of the move is 75 but it show as 40 of power(this can be confusing sometimes)

When building a team for gen 6 Gengar appears to have Cursed Body instead of Levitate when selecting a mon for your team (it shows Levitate when it's on your team). This is purely a visual glitch; Gengar still shows up when you search for Levitate and doesn't show up if you search for Cursed Body.
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 2.09.11 PM.png

Avery

Banned deucer.
If you scroll down with the team selection menu open, the room that you are in slides up with it, whereas when scrolling down without the team selection menu open, the room you are in stays locked where it's at. Not entirely sure whether it's intended to be able to scroll without the room you are in locked in place on the side of your screen, but figured I'd let it be known regardless. I don't have a way to screen record so I apologise for the poor quality.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG - I agree that it looks a bit weird, but I think it's the best way to let you see all your teams.

The new client's team selector doesn't have this problem, in any case, but I don't think there's anything so wrong that it needs to be fixed here.

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Endless battles are currently possible in most formats across the sim. The traditional "Funbro" approach of Leppa + Heal Pulse is caught by the current clause, but there are approaches with Harvest that are not caught by it. The easiest one involves Skill Swapping the opponent's last Pokemon Harvest, then using Trick to give them a Sitrus Berry. After that you go to a Mew with the moves Grassy Terrain / Softboiled / Recycle / Sunny Day holding a Leppa Berry and alternate Sun and Grassy Terrain to keep grounded opponents alive and struggling forever.

Replay:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1118410335

There are also setups without Leppa involved. If this is deemed an issue worth fixing I'd recommend bringing back some mechanic akin to staling, I don't know if this is really needed though since the 1000 turn limit functions as an endless battle spoiler of sorts anyways.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by pre

When using /ms on Darmanitan Galar Zen, it pulls from Unovian Darmanitan's moveset instead of Galarian.
G5NUljV.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)