Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unburden is not being taken off by Neutralizing Gas. The speed boost is supposed to be ignored if Gas is on the field. Here is Scarf Galarian Weezing reaching 181 speed at level 50 vs max Adamant Hawlucha reaching 170 before the boost. Hawlucha CCs both times to pop White Herb then tries to attack Weezing. On Wifi Weezing is faster, SD Hawlucha is faster. Links below for reference:

Set used - https://pokepast.es/a00648f0498973a6
Replay from Showdown - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1139782150-wjko2oato943o0jge69n8mb32s0eeoipw
Footage from Wifi -

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999 (server) and DaWoblefet (client)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly a bug, but in vgc20 ladder the base power of galar starters' peculiar gigamax moves depends on the move base power, while in game they are locked at 160bp.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Slowbro-Galar is a Poison/Psychic type, but on Showdown it appears as a Psychic/Poison type. This has probably next to no relevance to the standard metagame, but it is relevant for OMs like Mix & Mega.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by The Immortal

Coaching is not available on Kommo-o but in game it is possible to teach it via Move Tutor DLC.
Same with Scale Shot on Kommo-o, it says it's illegal in showdown but it can be taught via move tutor in the DLC.

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

in DPP LC (i have not tested any other metas), Wynaut using Tickle and Counter or Mirror Coat is deemed to be incompatible. I have been using this set for like 10 years, so unless there has been some recent development, this is now not working properly.
Not to like be whatever but there is currently a tournament going on using this meta and it would be great to have this fixed. This is not the first time a PS update has broken DPP LC either for what it's worth.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Not to like be whatever but there is currently a tournament going on using this meta and it would be great to have this fixed. This is not the first time a PS update has broken DPP LC either for what it's worth.
To expand on this, this validation error is also occurring in Gen 5 and Gen 6 LC. Tickle+Mirror Coat/Counter/Destiny Bond/Safeguard Wynaut should be legal at Level 5 in all 3 metas.

If it helps at all, I found the specific update that broke Wynaut.
https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-s...6#diff-7a9831c85f4ae26f20fc5a69a7a970a7L24524

While what was here before was strictly speaking incorrect, it was put in as a workaround the last time that Wynaut's legality got messed up because Tickle Wynaut is actually kind of relevant for oldgen LC.

Last edited:
Really weird and specific bug I believe. Ribombee uses speed swap, yet aegislash underspeeds frosslass, and underspeeds ttar under tr (specifically on turn 9) my only guess is that it is due to aegislash's stats changing when using king shield. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1140309218

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, forme changes reset raw stats like Speed Swap, so as soon as Aegislash had used Sacred Sword on turn 3 and changed formes, it went back to its normal Speed stat (DaWoblefet)

1: The battle suddenly stopped telling me what was their type and actual speed, and almost every move turned lowercase. It also stopped telling me the TYPES of the moves.
2: The Aria form Meloetta that sits next to the "Players online" Button has been glitched for a long time now. I thought someone else would post it, but i never saw anybody else mention it, so i decided to take action.

And after closing this battle, it showed up again! https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7superstaffbrosbrawl-1140354000 This worries me.
Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 4.06.22 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 4.20.15 PM.png
BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, this isn't happening in the replay, and the Meloetta is behaving fine. It almost looks like a Javascript conflict (DaWoblefet)

/dt Metal Coat in gen 3 erroneously shows a 1.2x boost where it is actually a 1.1x boost. This display error is also present in teambuilder, but damage calc shows 1.1x and Bulbapedia backs that up with 1.1x being listed there. While I'm not 100% sure about game mechanics there is a discrepancy regardless between how the item is implemented and how it displays.
There was a display issue, which has now been corrected on GitHub, but the server and client may still need to be updated for it to take effect.
Really weird and specific bug I believe. Ribombee uses speed swap, yet aegislash underspeeds frosslass, and underspeeds ttar under tr (specifically on turn 9) my only guess is that it is due to aegislash's stats changing when using king shield.
Aegislash's stats get recalculated when it changes forme. (This applies to any in-battle forme change, which doesn't include Dynamax or Gigantamax, although a Pokémon can still have an in-battle forme change while Dynamaxed.)

when validating a team containing clefable with teleport for generation 8, the teambuilder validation states the team was rejected because of the reason that clefable's move teleport is not available in gen 8. i asked in help and was told this was an issue and i could report it here. i havent played sword and shield yet but the psdex states clefable is one of the past gen only pokemon that can learn teleport rather than a level up pokemon and i dont know if that is the reason for it not being allowed, at least to some reason recently for the current generation.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG (probably VGC 2020 as fart says below) (DaWoblefet)

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When Morpeko-Hangry dynamaxes and uses the max move in Aura Wheel's slot, the button shows max lightning, but hovering shows max darkness (and it ultimately uses max darkness).

Screenshot_26.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

Replay link: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1140596172
I don't really know the real mechanic, I asked in the Help chat room but still couldn't find the answer.:blobthinking:

The first turn I saw an Amoonguss battling me, I used fake out on it.
I thought its illusion should disappear after taking any attack if it was a Zoroark , even if there was a Weezing which got the neutralizing gas ability.
Because if neutralizing gas works on illusion ability, the illusion wouldn't even happen and a Zoroark should be shown at the very first right?:bloblul:

The 2nd turn, my pokemon fainted because the Amoonguss used Night Daze.....
I thought it probably was because of the effect of neutralizing gas....
But why illusion triggered?:psyduck:
The neutralizing gas is unfair, helping opponent to block the cancellation of illusion,
but not blocking the illusion ability itself....:facepalm:

Hello, i'm a bit new in this forum so this is one of my first post.
i'm a vgc/OU smogon player, in showdown, a move seems to be lacking in the movepool of a pokémon.
I nominate Exeggutor-A, with draco meteor that doesn't appear usable on vgc 2020, BUT, i know this move it's from USM move tutor, but with dlc, there's a move tutor! ^^, here some images to show you...
Thanks for reading. ! ^^

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/103.shtml#

Attachments

When I try to search for a player with the button "find a user", if the name has spaces and/or has capital letters, for a few frames the name will be shown correctly then the spaces will be cut out and the capital letters turn lowercase, so when I press "challenge", I challenge the wrong user or I don't challenge anyone, because that username doesn't exist, and the "
The user 'nameoftheuser' was not found
." text shows up. After some attempts, I still managed to press challenge within the few frames of the correct name, by standing with the cursor on the right spot and instatly pressing the button, but the window which shows up after that still has the wrong name. I don't know how to find some players. The weird thing is that for my username, which contains capital letters and spaces, works normally.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see PartMan's explanation (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Ingame Zoroark cannot dynamax if it is disguised as a pokemon that cannot dynamax. On Showdown Zoroark can. I have tested this ingame, but I don’t have a video.

Redflix

Forgiven and Hanged
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
In Mix and mega , mega evolving slowbro-g with slowbronite turns it into normal mega slowbro with water/psychic typing. I've been told this bug was carried over from natdex as the stone should function the way it does with any other mon
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1141347348

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Slowbro-G has defined behavior to Mega Evolve into Mega Slowbro now (DaWoblefet)

In random battles, it informed that the opponent switched in Zoroark before it was revealed. It still come out as the opposing Pyukumuku but I could clearly see it's Zoroark in their list of mons.

Replay:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1141507255

Happens on Turn 21.
That happened because the real Pyukumuku was poisoned and Zoroark wasn't, so it was possible to distinguish between the two. Since you knew that Pyukumuku was poisoned you also knew that the Pyukumuku you saw, which wasn't poisoned, couldn't actually be Pyukumuku.

ac.png
ac2.png

When I type /auth ac in a room that I have staff in, the whitelist shows up, which is said is only visible to staff. When I type /auth ac in a room that I don't have staff in, it does not show up. Not sure if this is intended.

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Effects of Sandstorm are shown incorrectly when a Pokemon changes type.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)