Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found a bug with Libero while playing in the Battle Stadium Singles ladder. Cinderace's type is changed even if the move fails, which is not the correct behavior according to Bulbapedia. In the specific scenario that I encountered, I attempted to use Sucker Punch against a Cloyster with +2 Speed which used Ice Shard. Cloyster went first, causing my Sucker Punch to fail, but my type was changed to Dark anyway. According to Bulbapedia Libero should not activate when the move fails.

Bulbapedia link: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Libero_(Ability)
Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8battlestadiumsingles-1145397083

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Last edited by a moderator:

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
For some reason when I was laddering gen 8 1v1 a few days ago, ladder randomly thought I was at 1000, and matched me against a 1000 ranked player. When I hovered over my avatar, it showed 1000 elo, but /rank and the leaderboards still showed me at ~1650, and I only gained 2 elo from the win. Next game was back to 1650s and I'd gained the elo from the win. Not found it since

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, this is too vague unfortunately (DaWoblefet)

Hi! Don't know if this is a bug, but on turn 6 Hitmontop switches in and my Kangaskhan's Scrappy blocks the Intimidate like Clear Body would...
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1146053315
This is actually a new function of Scrappy unique to gen 8! Intimitate was borked for some reason so some other abilities like Inner Focus got this change too. Rattled also activates on Intimidate now.

So not a bug, but I wouldn't blame someome for not knowing this.

When you create a game of jeopardy in a subroomgchat and then delete said gchat, all players in that game are still in that game and cannot leave it, until they reconnect.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, idk how Jeopardy works but this isn't the behavior with uno at least (DaWoblefet)

Metronome isn't working properly on two-turn moves. Supposedly the charge turn IS counted as consecutive, and thus repeated uses of two-turn moves should get boosted. However, the damage always stays at x1

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, a replay in this case (DaWoblefet)

Redflix

Forgiven and Hanged
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Mnm validator is broken and is allowing restricted mons to hold stones
IMG_20200706_201441.jpg

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

Could be a Utility Umbrella Incineroar.

----
I've noticed that sometimes in battle, only one or none of the active players show up in the userlist for some reason. Also, join/leave messages lost their periods at the end.
(mid-writing edit: I just checked my battle and apparently no join message appeared. Then it showed up in the replay?)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1146523372
1594088037981.png
1594087925963.png

1594088183955.png

1594088218615.png

1594087989989.png
(I was in battle here. Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1146508202)
EDIT: Happy belated 500th message lol.

Last edited:

Green is Toxic

Banned deucer.
Bug with mobile:
Whenever u open the showdown app u get logged out has been happening to me for 5 days on my main and my alt didn't happen before would be help ful if u guys fixed it
Thanks

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see Kris's post below (DaWoblefet)

Not truly a bug, but: Why isn't it simply told in the Validate option that Ash-Greninja's Attack (and Special Attack and Speed, for the sake of completeness) IVs can't be lower than 31? Instead, it is just set to 31 once a battle is entered. This might give the implication that I *can* have an Ash-Greninja with those lower IVs.

Enoyna

BUG STATUS: WRONG PLACE, this is more of a Suggestion. (DaWoblefet)

Hi. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature change, but I noticed that now when you type /ionext to make your next battle private, click on "Battle!", wait for the "Searching" message and then clear your search, if you start a new one clicking again on "Battle!", the new battle will have no private room.
If you stop the process on "Connecting", instead, the new battle will still have the private room as usual.

Usually, instead, /ionext used to be active even if the search was canceled on "Searching" (i noticed this because when laddering I use to clear my searches if it does not find any opponent after a while).

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see Partman's post below

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's not something that was intended to happen in the first place but tried making a custom tour earlier with choice band in gsc and choice band did not work correctly. It locks the pokemon into a move but provides it no attack boost. Shouldn't any item be given the same effect in a gen where it doesn't exist?

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, trying to hack items in gens they don't exist in results in undefined behavior, nothing for PS to be concerned with (DaWoblefet)

Air Slash's description says that the opponent has a 30% chance of getting flinched. However, I was in a battle when a Togekiss used Air Slash so many times against me. I got flinched after all these attacks. It was so disgusting, I think that is a king of bug or glitch, because it is nearly impossible to being flinched by Air Slash by 10 consecutive turns.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, that's just RNG (DaWoblefet)

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I played a Gen 3 Doubles Custom Game and it seems that base power for spread moves is not being calculated correctly.

252+ CB Lax Eq did 70% to a bulkless Omastar. The correct calc is: 252+ Atk Choice Band Snorlax Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Omastar: 265-312 (94.3 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO.

0- Mewtwo Selfdestruct did 72% to a bulkless Mewtwo. The correct calc is: 0- Atk Mewtwo Self-Destruct vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 305-359 (86.4 - 101.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO.

252 Kyogre 150 BP Water Spout did 32% to a bulkless Soul Dew Latios. The correct calc is: 252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Soul Dew Latios in Rain: 62-74 (20.5 - 24.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO.

It seems that spread moves are being calculated according to the current gen mechs, which explains why Earthquake and Boom are nerfed, while Spout was buffed. Under Gen 3 doubles mechs, Earthquake and Boom should be at their full power, and Water Spout should be at half power.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE RESEARCH, I have no idea how it works in Gen 3 on cart (DaWoblefet)

Hi,

Wanted to address a mechanic that is pretty significant in the way we play smogon OU. When activating Libero, its currently coded in Pokémon Showdown that Cinderace becomes a dark type upon use of the move Sucker Punch, regardless of if the move fails or not. Here's how it currently works on showdown:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1147059944

However, in-game play shows that to be the incorrect coding. Cinderace does not become Dark type when Sucker Punch fails.

Tested this with a Libero Scorbunny vs a Will o Wisp Dragapult, in which upon using Sucker Punch, Will-o-Wisp failed to burn Scorbunny. When Libero activates, the game will tell you. When my opponent proceeded to use an attacking move, of course Libero then activated. Not the greatest video in the world (watch in full screen), but proof shown below:

Props to Frozen Marc and HowtoClimbLadder for helping me test

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

1594184272585.png
this problem has been a thing since generation 7. Why is level 1 Magnezone legal in showdown? There are no locations, ingame trades, or events that allow a player to obtain a legitimate level 1 Magnezone. What's even stranger is that Magneton is only allowed at levels 30 and up.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY (DaWoblefet)

hello theres a bug with !htmlbox
if u use <iframe> (which doesnt work at all but for some reason is not banned like <script>) and give it height or width it messes up the formatting
Screenshot_11.png
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet (I banned the tag)

and theres another bug
after the update u made (the one that had a ≈ 45 seconds lagspike after someone used /makegroupchat) i keep getting these messages after i use /deletegroupchat in my groupchat and leave it

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)