Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a battle against witti93 and (we did not type anyhting) there where like 20 weird errors like playerclientchoice and and childmod and clientbugerror all in red letters and there where like 20 of them when the battle started and nobody can see them and when i rejoined they where gone, is this a know problem and please believe me this actually happened, i do not have screenshot sorry but it was very annoing also it didnt just say those things i just called in below every of those sentences its did weird thing with the word mod and client and alot of random letters big and small and / and ! and ? very annoing and looked like hack or something it doesnt happen anymore but why did this happen?

probarly you cant replicate this too because other person like marcell in the help room didnt see it and after i rejoined i didnt see it anymore to

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, what device and browser are you using? Please edit your post instead of creating new ones. I think this was the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1198173484 (DaWoblefet)

I cant add more that's the exact detail only thing I could send is screenshots and my phone doesn't let me do that

it literally happens exactly like I'm saying this is completely random and my phone also is causing all kinds of prob;ems when trying to do videos now so tried that too

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
The /learn command will tell you Zygarde-Complete can't learn any x move despite being part of its learnset (yes, Bind is still a move in gen 8).

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (the bug here is that Zygarde-10% and Zygarde-50% have different learnsets, so the /ms zygarde-complete should fail, DaWoblefet)

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1199003448-b3fa0f6nwjjf6wv04xob40capk9ykd8pw

Turn 32,
Zeraora Close Combat's a Corviknight that had been tricked a sticky barb, transfers over to zeraora, which then transfers again to the zeraora on the opposite side.
While these are well implemented, the item tab next to all 3 of these pokemon still shows that they are still holding a sticky barb.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

The /learn command will tell you Zygarde-Complete can't learn any x move despite being part of its learnset (yes, Bind is still a move in gen 8).
Zygarde-Complete doesn't really have a learnset. It can only exist during battle when you use a Zygarde-50% or Zygarde-10% with the Power Construct ability. But unfortunately Zygarde-50% and Zygarde-10% have different learnsets, so the validator gives up at this point. (If you perform a full team validation through the client, you will be told to choose which base Zygarde you want to validate with, but `/learn` doesn't check that.)

Zeraora Close Combat's a Corviknight that had been tricked a sticky barb, transfers over to zeraora, which then transfers again to the zeraora on the opposite side.
While these are well implemented, the item tab next to all 3 of these pokemon still shows that they are still holding a sticky barb.
Sticky Barb's transfer isn't announced in-game, so the best the client can do is to show you the item that they were last seen holding.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Sticky Barb's transfer isn't announced in-game, so the best the client can do is to show you the item that they were last seen holding.
But the end of turn damage isn't applied, so anyone could deduce the fact that they either have, or do not have the sticky barb on them.
On cartridge, you also always have the opportunity to verify your own item.

But the end of turn damage isn't applied, so anyone could deduce the fact that they either have, or do not have the sticky barb on them.
On cartridge, you also always have the opportunity to verify your own item.
There are other things that affect Sticky Barb, such as Embargo, Magic Room, Klutz and Magic Guard, so it's not 100% accurate. I think your own team always shows your real item (assuming you're looking through the Switch menu; hovering over the battle produces a slightly different result).

I think I've spotted a possible bug with Illusion in Gen 8 Randbats. My opponent's Zoroark had an illusion up as Aerodactyl, and my Rhyperior broke the Zoroark's Illusion and activated its Focus Sash. At the end of the turn, the Zoroark fainted from sandstorm damage. However, as you can see during the replay, at least for me, hovering over the grayed out Zoroark sprite displays no information about its item, whereas hovering over Aerodactyl's sprite says Aerodactyl's Focus Sash was consumed, which could not possibly have been true. (In Randbats, if I recall correctly Focus Sash can only generate on leads, so Zoroark must have been my opponent's lead, and Aerodactyl couldn't have been holding a Focus Sash. And even if Randbats didn't generate Focus Sash this way, my Basculin proceeded to OHKO the real Aerodactyl from full health.)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
/ds and /nds are not working right now. Not sure how to send proof as those commands do not return any value.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
/ds and /nds are not working right now. Not sure how to send proof as those commands do not return any value.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (DaWoblefet)
This also seems to apply to the /learn command, wouldnt be surprised if it's for more

In gen 5 ou if you look at moves by power, some moves (aqua tail,sacred sword) on keldeo are above surf (base 95) but take down (based 90) is below surf, same with hidden power (Based 70) is below bubble beam (Base 65)

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

In gen 5 ou if you look at moves by power, some moves (aqua tail,sacred sword) on keldeo are above surf (base 95) but take down (based 90) is below surf, same with hidden power (Based 70) is below bubble beam (Base 65)
Surf and Hidden Power base power have changed after gen 5 and the teambuilder is using the most recent data to sort the moves instead of their gen 5 data, even though it correctly displays their gen 5 base powers (Surf has 90 power and HP has 60 power now).

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
These are from the gen 1 OU teambuilder. It's inconsistent with whether it shows the gen 1 stats or not.

Attachments

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In RBY battles, Rock Slide is correctly implemented and the /data command is correct, but the hover text still says that there is a 30% chance to flinch. The 30% chance to flinch didn't happen until Gen 2, according to the smogon dex.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
in RBY battles, when an opponent uses Mimic and then uses all four moves, the Zorua/Zoroark message shows up on the hover text. Example: I was playing Randbats against an opposing Jynx that knew Blizzard, Psychic, Lovely Kiss, Mimic and it Mimic'd Recover. So the hover text looked like:

Blizzard (6/8)
Psychic (whatever/whatever)
Lovely Kiss (whatever/whatever)
Mimic (15/16)
Recover (whatever/whatever)

"5 moves is usually indicative of Zorua/Zoroark" (whatever this message is)

I get why both Mimic and the Mimic'd move are listed in the 'mon's moveset but it triggers the Zorua/Zoroark message which I don't think should be there for pre-gen 5 games

(sorry I promise I'll start saving replays for this stuff in the future)

EDIT: Here's a replay, as requested:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-1202314589

EDIT2: While I'm here, can't believe I didn't notice this before: in RBY battles the hover text for Psychic says 30% chance to lower Sp. Def, instead of 30% to lower Special

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet (Mimic/Illusion) and Karthik99999 (oldgen description)

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Voices cannot /requestshow in rooms where /show is set for %.
It returns use !show instead and !show doesn't work since it is set for % or above in the room.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
clipboard doesn't clear if you ever accidentally copy a set. no matter how many times I clear it, the clipboard returns if I ever close and reopen teambuilder. seems to go away if I close PS, but I shouldn't have to do that.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER; to reproduce, click the "Copy" button at the top along a Pokemon (to the left of import/export set), then go to any other page in teambuilder. This resulting copied Pokemon is now always present in the teambuilder, and even clicking "Clear Clipboard" in the resulting prompt never makes it actually go away. It also causes the teambuilder to have a considerable amount of lag. (DaWoblefet)

1603243090711.png

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
the /ionext command when typed in chat does not work for challenges currently. the checkbox for it that appears in the challenge dialog does work.

BUG STATUS: "FIXED" by Zarel (the command is no longer in use - use /hidenext instead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)