Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
the automatic EV spreads thing still thinks Body Press uses the Attack stat for its damage calculations, leading to it suggesting non -Attack EV spreads on Pokemon like Duraludon (for example: if I have a Duraludon with the moveset of Flash Cannon / Thunderbolt / Body Press / Iron Defense, it will suggest a nature like Naive when it's actively harming me to use such a nature)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:

LTG

It’s always gaming time
is a Pre-Contributor
When a pokemon is hit by prankster encore, an attacking move it makes on the same turn does not affect dark types, and the message is displayed that dark is immune to prankster. This effect can be seen on turn 9 of the following replay, when I encore my opponent’s cottonee, and then the encored cottonee’s dazzling gleam doesn’t affect my pawniard. This is a bug if I am not mistaken.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1205242835

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG (so long as the Pokemon being encored has Prankster, which they did in this case) (DaWoblefet)

When a pokemon is hit by prankster encore, an attacking move it makes on the same turn does not affect dark types, and the message is displayed that dark is immune to prankster. This effect can be seen on turn 9 of the following replay, when I encore my opponent’s cottonee, and then the encored cottonee’s dazzling gleam doesn’t affect my pawniard. This is a bug if I am not mistaken.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1205242835
Can you test this interaction against an opponent that does not have Prankster? The Cottonee Encore was used on may have had Prankster and was clicking a status move.

LTG

It’s always gaming time
is a Pre-Contributor
Can you test this interaction against an opponent that does not have Prankster? The Cottonee Encore was used on may have had Prankster and was clicking a status move.
So in a test against my alt, a corsola that was encored by cottonee was still able to use icy wind on pawniard. Your idea that the opponent clicked a prankster status move before getting encored is probably correct, it seems.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1205323365-icy4qr0rambc1ysdplsmbv9gkqfny5opw

PhazonGuzzler

formerly IllegitimateSonPfp
Has anyone had trouble with G-Max Befuddle not working properly? I tried using it against a D-Max Escavalier but no added affect happed. I can't seem to find anything to suggest that the added effect is powder based (affected by overcoat).

Edit: Happens right at the end
file:///Users/julianclark/Downloads/Gen8RandomDoublesBattle-2020-10-18-superpatatta-illegitamatesonpfp.html

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG (probably); we can't see your replay since you linked a file on your personal computer, but G-Max Befuddle probably just rolled poison against Escavalier, which would do nothing. (DaWoblefet)

Has anyone had trouble with G-Max Befuddle not working properly? I tried using it against a D-Max Escavalier but no added affect happed. I can't seem to find anything to suggest that the added effect is powder based (affected by overcoat).

Edit: Happens right at the end
file:///Users/julianclark/Downloads/Gen8RandomDoublesBattle-2020-10-18-superpatatta-illegitamatesonpfp.html
It probably rolled poison, which would not have any effect on a Steel-type like Escalalier.

Attachments

This will only be relevant to double battles really as they allow dynamax and burning jealousy is kinda only used there.
Burning Jealousy vs Weakness Policy
Ingame im 90% sure that if burning jealousy activiates weakness policy it activates its secondary before weakness policy activates, hence doesnt burn the pokemon.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/sports-gen8nationaldexdlc2vgc-231960
In this match the metagross gets burned after its policy activates from burning jealousy, if im correct this is a big problem and change in vgc at least.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Burning Jealousy doesn't burn a target if it consumes a Weakness Policy. Showdown's main site correctly implements this. The Sports server is probably running old code; ask them to update their code. (DaWoblefet)

Neutralizing Gas has buggy interactions with Slow Start and Illusion.

On Showdown Neutralizing Gas makes it so that Illusion cannot be broken, while ingame it will break it automatically. (based on this post in the mechanics research thread https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...chanics-research.3655528/page-51#post-8514936).

BUG STATUS: FIXED by The Immortal

It also behaves incorrectly with Slow Start. If Slow Start is active before you switch in the pokemon with Neutralizing Gas it will not be negated (based on this post it should be https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...chanics-research.3655528/page-20#post-8290158).

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris / The Immortal

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1205860858 Replay showing both bugs
Turn one I send out weezing and zoroark, which is shown by dark pulse being nve, but illusion is still active, even after being hit. Turn three regigigas uses eq against ngas weezing but is affected by slow start (252 Atk Slow Start Regigigas Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Weezing: 90-106 (26.9 - 31.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO))

In doubles formats (at least in vgc 2020, Battle Stadium doubles and ss dou), Urshifu continues to ask for move choices even after it fainted if it faints when the following conditions are met :
- The player only has two remaining Pokémon (including Urshifu)
- Urshifu is the second Pokémon to ask for moves (on the right slot for the player with Urshifu)

urshifu.jpg

Trying to choose a move for Urshifu in this situation gives the message " [Invalid choice] Can't move: You sent more choices than unfainted Pokémon. "
If I cancel after I tried to choose a move I get the message " [Invalid choice] There's nothing to cancel "

During my tests, I wasn't able to make a move from this point on and seemingly the only way to finish the match was either by timing out (which results in automatic moves in vgc formats) or by forfeiting.
I tried this with both Urshifu formes.

If Urshifu faints when the player has more than two Pokémon remaining and/or is the first one to ask for moves this doesn't happen.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel, refresh the page

hello i have a bug that doesn't allow mw to play the game, i have tried multiple time to relod both randombattel games and ou. the same problem occures in the shodown app.
Immagine 2020-10-20 162356.png
i don't see any kind of sprites and after clicking the first move i can't do anything.
(edit): i tried on phone but the problem persists.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Rock Paper Scissors challenges don't time out (Mia edit: intentional) and can be accepted as many times (mia edit: bug, will fix) and whenever the recipient wishes (Mia edit: intentional), additionally the "/rps accept" doesn't specify user the challenge is being accepted by (Mia edit: intentional).

A small mistake is regarding the commands / dt and / (n) ds (7) is about the color of the non-normal shapes of Arceus. Its color shown is gray, while from gen 7 the arceus is considered white
Screenshot_20201021-210050~2.png
Screenshot_20201021-204552~2.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

GGBeast

I COULD BE BANNED!
Healing Wish Gone Rogue - Turn 18

In the above game, I'm playing as FAS-BOR7 Horus. The opponent gets a healing wish on turn 18, even though there was no healing wish on turn 17. While there was an earlier healing wish on turn 05, it should have gone to Kyurem which was not at full health following the healing wish. Instead, it randomly goes to Jolteon. Can someone please take a look and see if I'm missing anything? Cheers!

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see M24's explanation (DaWoblefet)

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Healing Wish Gone Rogue - Turn 18

In the above game, I'm playing as FAS-BOR7 Horus. The opponent gets a healing wish on turn 18, even though there was no healing wish on turn 17. While there was an earlier healing wish on turn 05, it should have gone to Kyurem which was not at full health following the healing wish. Instead, it randomly goes to Jolteon. Can someone please take a look and see if I'm missing anything? Cheers!
In gen 8, Healing Wish gained a "storing" mechanic, which will store the healing wish if a pokemon with full health is switched in afterwards.
The healing wish will immediately activate the next time a pokemon that isn't at full health is switched in, even if the mon that entered at full health is damaged.

Last edited:
https://anonfiles.com/x6qau0ibp5/VID_20201022_120529_3gp I tried to see if it'll let me watch the video I cant do anything but this is a video of the bug that forces me to click the battle when it shows I'm in one, refresh, click home and click the battle again just to see the battle. literally all I can say is it's a blank screen until I do all that. there is no other detail. it started effecting someone else today as well is why I'm resending that issue

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, preferably not uploaded as a anonfile (DaWoblefet)

In a (random) triples battle, I decided to switch positions of two of my three Pokémon, and as it happens, this was also the last turn. However, at the end of the battle, the client tried to display the server-side data for the Pokémon that had been in those positions, which was a little confusing. I don't know whether this applies to other cases (Ally Switch or just a regular switch) that happen on the last turn of a battle, or whether there are other situations where the client can be temporarily confused in this way.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, a replay, though I'm sure you can take a stab at it yourself :P (DaWoblefet)

Random battles in Gen 5 :
When using Chatter with Chatot, the target is never confused despite the 100% chance.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)