Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ! I found a difference between Pokémon Showdown and the real game with a particular set of Magearna.

First : this is my Magearna. I started to use it for the french UTA metagame created a few years ago on 7th gen. It was fun to play and efficient, especially on Showdown.

Ladypoupée (S) (Magearna) @ White Herb
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

This Magearna uses the white herb for spamming Fleur Cannon multiple times. I loved this set, it was really powerful in UTA for sweeping, so, I generated this team on my 3DS, and I found something strange !

Here's a replay, where we see Magearna in action : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1229106090

As you can see, when Magearna is killing a Pokémon with Fleur Cannon, things happens that way :
-First, Fleur Cannon put the opposing Pokemon's life to 0.
-Just after it, Magearna gets Fleur Cannon's debuff.
-The white herb puts Magearna's stats back to normal.
-The opposing Pokémon is declared K.O. and Magearna's ability is triggered.

At the end of the turn, Magearna's Spe Attack is buffed to 1.5x.

But in the real game, things doesn't happen in the same order :
-First, Fleur Cannon put the opposing Pokémon's life to 0.
-Juste after it, Magearna gets Fleur Cannon's debuff.
-But here's the difference : now, the opposing Pokémon is declared K.O. and Magearna's ability is triggered.
-And only now, the white herb puts Magearna's stats back to normal.

So at the end of the turn, Magearna doen't have any buff at all, it is true in 7G and in 8G ! I tested both !

I hope you can fix this !

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER), this should also happen with Moxie / Neigh abilities / Beast Boost. It goes stat drops -> target faints -> Soul-Heart etc. -> White Herb (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
The teambuilder is listing moves cut in Gen 8 as illegal on Smeargle, regardless of metagame. The actual validator works fine.

Screenshot_20201123-032314_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201123-032520_Samsung Internet.jpg

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Additionally, special stat listings in Gen 1 are inconsistent, as is the ordering when sorting by BST.
Screenshot_20201123-033005_Samsung Internet.jpg
BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

so when I use the teambuilder after the initial save of the team if I close showdown for some reason the add pokemon buttons disappear I don't know if this is intentional or has already been reported

BUG STATUS: FIXED by MacChaeger (actually this time)

Attachments

Two bugs in that game: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1229971869

First, in turn 8 the opposing Suicune missed its U-turn due to my Dialga's Bright Power and got hit by Core Enforcer. Next turn, it U-turned out successfully and was replaced by Cryogonal. According to my rival, Cryogonal's ability showed up as "suppressed" as if it got hit by the Core Enforcer (or got a Core Enforcer Baton-Passed to it).

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) I could reproduce this: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1250388503 (DaWoblefet)

And second, the opposing Silvally-Fire gained a Fire typing when it used its Burn-Up instead of losing it. It wasn't just a display error as my Spectral Theif could hit it and my Sacred Fire was resisted.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Silvally holding a Memory can't change its typing via Burn Up or any other means (DaWoblefet)

And second, the opposing Silvally-Fire gained a Fire typing when it used its Burn-Up instead of losing it. It wasn't just a display error as my Spectral Theif could hit it and my Sacred Fire was resisted.
This is correct behavior. None of the Silvally and Arceus forms can not have their type changed by any means outside of their ability.

Today I experienced in gen 8 random battles that having a choice-locked move disabled forces you to struggle and overrides the ability to dynamax/z-move. I tested to confirm this in national dex anything goes for both cases with the z-move case here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1229996131. My guess is the struggle overlay isn't equipped to include the button for dynamax/z-moves.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, you can't Dynamax / Mega Evolve / Z-move when you're forced to Struggle (DaWoblefet)

aQrator

Have a good day!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
When trying to look up /nds weak thousandarrows and /nds resists thousandarrows, these results pop up:
1606227352838.png

1606227379931.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by MacChaeger

I have 2 bugs [UPDATED]:

1) It seems the focus sash is used up even if Endure was selected, wasting the item.
I experienced this playing Gen7Doubles with Shedinja.
In original 3ds battles, this doesn't happen.

Could this be fixed? Or is it an intentional nerf?

EDIT: I've attached a new replay demonstrating this behavior on showdown.
Also, here's a video of the same situation but on 3DS hardware w/Ultra Sun.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by urkerab
Confirming in SwSh as well. It goes like this:

1. Endure
2. False Swipe
3. Sturdy
4. Focus Sash

(DaWoblefet)

2) Somewhat randomly, Togedemaru is immune to sandstream. I have a replay here where it does no damage to a lvl1 togedemaru.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, like all Steel-types, Togedemaru is immune to sandstorm damage (DaWoblefet)

EDIT: Thanks, I didn't know that! :smogduck:

Attachments

p0ip0le

it's a billion lions
[21:34:14] p0ip0le ∆: !nms electric, bp desc, physical, acc=100, !z, !gmax, !max, !recoil
Volt Tackle (120), Wild Charge (90)
[21:34:16] p0ip0le ∆: !nms electric, bp desc, physical, acc=100, !z, !gmax, !max, recoil
Volt Tackle (120), Wild Charge (90)

excluding recoil in /nms forces it to include recoil; the correct move line should be
Aura Wheel (110), Fusion Bolt (100), Plasma Fists (100), Bolt Beak (85), Zing Zap (80), Thunder Punch (75), Spark (65), Nuzzle (20)

(directly copied from the same command without using recoil at all; removed volt tackle and wild charge)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) the ! of !recoil apparently isn't being interpreted right (/ms !recoil, all only returns recoil moves) (DaWoblefet)

doc1203

Banned deucer.
Gen8 Random Battles
I tried to click on superpower on malamar when i switched it in and the battle got stick on the skip to end button. the chat was showing

[Invalid choice] Can't make choices: You sent choices for 2 Pokémon, but this is a singles game!

replay - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1231028530

1606295562626.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is a custom client, so it likely isn't coded correctly somewhere (DaWoblefet)

When hovering over the active mon on your team it shows a mix of the correct information for that mon and information for the mon the opponent has out. It shows their name and type, and their hp percentage, but your item, ability, moves, and current hp/max hp. This doesn't actually give you any information you shouldn't have, so it doesn't really matter but it's a bit odd to look at.
Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 2.13.59 PM.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Ignore spectators seems to be persistent regardless of whether I disable it or not. Once I get into a new battle, it'll be turned back on even if I turned it off in the previous. This is especially burdensome when doing help tickets.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) though I myself cannot recreate this anymore (DaWoblefet)

I've recently noticed a major issue with the PS! Teambuilder that, for whatever reason, only manifests itself on the desktop client. For whatever reason, on this version of PS! exclusively, it will not allow you to add more Pokemon to teams created outside the current app session. Additionally, boxes revert to teams after ending a session (though this may be intentional, I haven't confirmed that.)

Teambuilder with 2 Pokemon on PS! Desktop Client:
1606408885248.png
Teambuilder with 2 Pokemon on Opera GX Browser:
1606408953233.png

I've also noticed a bug where if you create a team in one session, you have to Import/Export the entire team and press "Save" or else it reverts back to its last known form. This doesn't apply to the session the team is created in, and again, the issue is absent in the web version.
How to reproduce ("add pokemon" button missing):
  1. On PS! client, create a team of less than 6 Pokemon
  2. Close and reopen PS! client, go to the same team you just created (if the second bug didn't delete it)
  3. The "add pokemon" button should now be missing. You can still add Pokemon by directly manipulating the team's *.txt file, though this gets annoying and I'd like it fixed despite that
How to reproduce (import/export bug):
  1. On PS! client, create a team in any format with any amount of Pokemon
  2. Close and reopen PS! client.
  3. Go to that same team and change any/all Pokemon in some way
  4. Close and reopen PS! client again
  5. Go back to the exact same team. It will have reverted to its original form.
  6. Repeat steps 3 and 4, but this time after modifying your team go to "Import/Export" and immediately press "Save" before restarting the PS! client.
  7. Your team should now have actually been saved after the import/export workaround.
hope these steps help and I also hope that everything can get fixed in a future update.

Thanks for reading this entire post,
--CatzRule81 (PS! alt: CatzRule18).

BUG STATUS: FIXED by MacChaeger (actually this time)

Z Grass knot (Bloom Doom) is incorrectly depicted as 100 in gen 7 and gen 8 battles on showdown.

It should be 160 base as documented on serebii; https://paste.ee/r/mvJ70; Showdowns “!dt grass knot command” correctly document it as 160 BP as does the showdown calc.

However in battle it is documented as 100 BP and certainly doesn’t do 160 base power damage. There’s also a discrepancy of 100 BP on the smogon description of the move: https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/moves/grass-knot/.

I spotted a bug: Hoping to see it fixed.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

It's currently not possible to change the format of a team, as the dropdown to change it doesn't exist:
1606535352308.png

Checking the console gives this error:
1606535397164.png
Browser here is Chrome.

EDIT: this is working for me now

BUG STATUS: FIXED (hopefully, thanks for the report in case it comes up again)

I found a visual glitch, when Zacian took out my dusk mane I clicked on my dusk mane and it showed Zacians stats and said Zacian but it had my dusk mane's move set and base stats it like mixed them together. here's the screenshot and here's the replay if you need it.

Replay:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1233617876-m932zozjuoczom6nao3ssyi9ixam8mipw

Screenshot:
Screenshot_20201129-073656.png

Edit: So I got curious to see if it would happen again and it did, Then i was like does it only work on dusk mane? So I tryed other pokemon, it did the same thing, here are the screenshots.

Screenshots:
Screenshot_20201129-081401.png

Screenshot_20201129-081418.png

Screenshot_20201129-081442.png

Screenshot_20201129-081601.png

Screenshot_20201129-081458.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Apparently Knock Off doesn't proc when the user faints from recoil, as seen in turn 18 of this replay( Replays - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com) ). Is this a bug or not?

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, recoil doesn't prevent knock off's effect from happening. its specifically effects like rough skin and rocky helmet, like in the replay. (Dawn of ares)

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
ngas_buggg.png

In this game (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021-1233979511), when Weezing is KOed mid-turn and Neutralizing Gas is deactivated, Rillaboom's ability Grassy Surge activates before a +3 Speed (Dynamaxed) Tapu Koko's ability Electric Surge, with no other field conditions such as Trick Room in play. This means that abilities did not activate in order of Speed after Neutralizing Gas deactivated, which DaWoblefet tells me is a bug.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by aviettran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)