Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Around 2 years ago (in this thread) I reported the Victory Star ability since i believed it was bugged, turned out there indeed were some issues with the ability and it supposedly got fixed later on. Now I'm doing some battles again, been playing for a few weeks and abusing Victini as always and I gotta say that it seems to be the same stuff again, Bolt Strike misses ridiculously often (I have 2 Stone Edge users on the same team and I'm not even sure which of the moves misses more tbh, probs still SE but thing is BS's accuracy is supposed to be 94% while SE is at 80). I've "endured" it till now since I know how RNG can screw u at times but honestly after missing like 30 out of last 100 ones I just had to point this out on the off chance the ability/move is malfunctioning again, maybe u'd like to look into it. Ty for ur time :)

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Victory Star was recently adjusted to be a proper 4506/4096 multiplier rather than a 1.1x, but that has nothing to do with your circumstance; you're just getting unlucky (DaWoblefet)

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
While I acknowledge that the Nintendo Switch is a very popular console, I have a hard time believing that 133% of the people own one:

This is a room poll where people can submit multiple answers, and Showdown is displaying strange numbers (more votes for the Switch than total votes, 133% who picked option 1 (also showed 200%, 175%, 160%, 115%...). I've never seen this happen with regular polls, so I suppose that this funny situation is due to the fact that it's a poll with the possibility to select multiple answers.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Beast boost bug: Stakataka's max steelspike Knocked out an opposing pokemon, but only got the defence boost from steelspike (no neutralizing gas or other effect that would have stopped it), and yes, it's highest stat is defence. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021-1243493619

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, As said by HoeenHero below, it was actually Tapu Koko's discharge that knocked out Tornadus, so Beast boost didn't activate. (Dawn of Ares)

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hello! I found a bug with Hydration and Air Lock (possibly Cloud Nine but I did not test tbh) in DPP.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4doublesou-1243543624-72zvawc8ddio068cocu5j5z62mzg6t6pw
On turn 3, Paralysis does not heal because of Air Lock, however, during turn 4, Rayquaza dies, but Hydration still doesn't activate at the end of the turn, it spends the entire turn 5 paralyzed.

As I can understand that might be ambiguous to whether it's correct or not, I went and tried it on cartridge (Pokémon Hearthgold / Soulsilver as I believe they are the one games PS is replicating when playing gen4)
Manaphy actually heals the turn Ray dies.
Sorry for the overly long video I did some mistakes and was too lazy to record it again

This can be relevant to some DPP Ubers game, this might also be wrong in other gens but I did not try it (can for some if needed).

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

We seem to have found an error w how showdown does snatch in gen 3. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-1242889871
In turns 19 and 22, blissey a (the one w snatch) snatches blissey b's softboiled, but it still healed blissey b. The in game messages all seem correct, but blissey b should not have healed health. There is no clause in gen 3 that causes snatched moves to fail if they have no effect on the snatch user. I think this is a bug -- I hadn't noticed any issues using snatch before? Thanks!

BUG STATUS: FIXED by urkerab

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1244093408-r3wolxfl1c2iwdh8hxgc84v2w269ntjpw

Turn 6. Reuniclus uses Trick on itemless Magearna, as it has consumed its Weakness Policy, and obtains Sticky Barb.
Reuniclus most likely had Sticky Barb to begin with.
When Magearna used Draining Kiss, which is a contact move, the Sticky Barb transferred from Reuniclus to Magearna (no message is displayed).
Then Reuniclus used Trick during the same turn, and received the Sticky Barb back.

Hello, i dont know if this is a proper bug, but i found out today that the ability Berserk does not work as intended on showdown.
This is the replay but it happened multiple times https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1244171838-27outopnl4w1x91f2qhdvd1y2c9edp7pw
As you can see i was using a Moltres-Galar with 4 EVS in HP to make them an even number, in order for Berserk to activate.
This is the Moltres set i am using https://pokepast.es/3cfc20af75873e1f
During the battle on turn 12, the hp dropped below 1/2 of its max HP and the Sitrus Berry activated, but i did not get the Sp. Atk boost.
But on Bulbapedia it is stated that " If the HP of a Pokémon with Berserk drops below half but is about to be restored to above half due to a held item such as a Sitrus Berry, Berserk will activate before the HP is restored." https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Berserk_(Ability)
That did not happen during my battle. Any thoughts?

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Theia

I danced for you for the last time
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Hi, I'm not sure if this is a bug or what but one of our repeats is displaying weirdly and I'm not sure why.

1608062211517.png

Repeat:

With the release of Shiny Celebi in Pokemon GO we have updated our [[Proofing Guidelines for PoGO<https://docs.google.com/document/d/...HHvu51_k6fo4cOlBE/edit#heading=h.pgus4lvqgx12>]] They're now nice and simple!

But the rest of them display fine and are formatted the same way

1608062320181.png

Repeat:

Join the [[Wi-Fi Labs<https://discord.gg/jWVaRbE>]] server to discuss RNG and other tech-related topics in a more serious and focused setting.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this isn't actually a bug :psynervous:

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris

This isn't a "bug" per se, but it should be corrected as it is a categorical issue.

As you all know, in the teambuilder, items are separated into categories (Popular Items, Items, Useless Items, etc)
Several items are in the standard "Item" category when they should be in the "Useless Items" category as they have no competitive use whatsoever and are evolution based items.

These items that need to be moved from "Items" to "Useless Items" are Chipped Pot, Cracked Pot, and Galarica Wreath.

BUG STATUS: WRONG PLACE, This would be better suited for suggestions. (Dawn of Ares)

Hi,

I noticed a bug (only experienced it in BW OU). I was burnt with Tentacruel, vs a Gastrodon (he had used Block on me, don't know if that's important) and I had rain dish + black sludge, under rain. So I recover exactly the same amount in HP that I lose. This served as introduction but here is the bug itself: whenever I rapid spin, I lose exactly 1HP. Every single time I rapid spin.

That's that :)

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, like a replay (DaWoblefet)

I don't know if this is a glitch or a feature, but when you go to change the nickname on the part of the team builder where you can pokepaste, I noticed when you go to change the nickname, it turns bleach white, like on normal mode. I have no idea if this is intentional, but a oversight overall.

Edit: Ok, here's a image.
2020-12-30 (2).png

It only seem to happen when you select one of the premade name or past names that appear on the small white bar that appears when you click on the nickname bar. It only works that way. It'll stay black if you do it any other way, and you can only have it happen in the screen that allows you to validate and make a pokepaste.

Edit 2: I have b/w 2 sprites on, and I haven't tested it with other stuff.

Edit 3: Some more post images.
2020-12-30 (3).png
2020-12-30 (7).png

Edit 3: The only way to change the white is to close the teambuilder and re open it, then it will change back to black.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, that's Chrome's autofill (DaWoblefet)

I have found a bug. In national dex monotype I am doing a dragon type team and when I try to validate it says I have to have one type shared even though there is.
1608231042232.png
1608231062761.png
BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, As said by maroon below, both the mega form and the base form of a Pokemon needs to share a type with their team in Monotype. (Dawn of Ares)

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
I have found a bug. In national dex monotype I am doing a dragon-type team and when I try to validate it says I have to have one type shared even though there is.View attachment 300759View attachment 300760
this isn't a bug. mega charizard x is not a dragon type before it mega evolves. mega evolutions must share a type with their team before & after mega evolution to be used on that monotype.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I noticed a bug (only experienced it in BW OU). I was burnt with Tentacruel, vs a Gastrodon (he had used Block on me, don't know if that's important) and I had rain dish + black sludge, under rain. So I recover exactly the same amount in HP that I lose. This served as introduction but here is the bug itself: whenever I rapid spin, I lose exactly 1HP. Every single time I rapid spin.
Since you didn't provide a replay I have no idea what your max HP was, but let's just say it was 300. Burn deals 1/8 max HP rounded down, and both Rain Dish and Black Sludge restore 1/16th max HP rounded down. These don't necessarily cancel each other out.

floor(300 / 8) = 37
floor(300 / 16) = 18 * 2 = 36

You were actually losing 1 HP every turn all of this happened, and you only noticed while using Rapid Spin but it had nothing to do with that.

joey

this place is a circus
is a Community Leader
Circus Leader
This is a super minor bug but I figured I'd report it: If you have "Show PMs in chat rooms" enabled and you use /hidelines on a user with a specified amount (ie. /hidelines broil, 3) it will include any PMs sent by then that are displayed in chat, and some lines that were actually hidden will still appear as visible. It's purely a visual glitch, as it will still hide all of the chat messages it's supposed to.
1608261873734.png

1608261936380.png

1608261886673.png

1608261953699.png

You can see that both of test8282's messages were hidden, but from my perspective only the "a" was.

(this isn't on main, of course, but it's identical to the main server, and this happening on the main server was what prompted me to investigate)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) (Dawn of Ares)

Hackmon Cup is a complete mess, errors in the Base Power of Max Moves, Pokemon that originally have Arena Trap and Shadow Tag even without them showing to the opponent can not remove the Pokemon, multi-hit moves ignore the attack status of the Pokemon user always giving very little damage, movements with random accuracy
2. Arena Trap and Shadow Tag never get "revealed", they just trap the pokemon in.
This is how Shadow Tag works, it might not alert the opponent in-game but they are unable to escape either way.
I think the Shadow Tag bug being reported here is actually one I've noticed myself, which is that Pokemon like Gothitelle which can normally have trapping abilities in-game will cause the client to display the "You might be trapped" text during move selection, even though they're no more likely to actually have that trapping ability than any other Pokemon. What's more, this actually does prevent you from cancelling a switch since it would "leak information" even though, again, the Pokemon that this might leak information about is just as likely to have a trapping ability as all the other Pokemon that don't cause this cancel-prevention behavior.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT), though I'm not too sure how to go about it. I guess just don't display the prompt in formats where Pokemon can have non-standard abilities? (DaWoblefet)

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi,

No I made sure to check every time before and right after I used rapid spin. The HP loss would occur the instant I used that move because after a few times I could see my HP drop by 1%. So I am sure it was because of the spin. I don't have the replay, however, but this is fairly easy to verify.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-1246103947-9hjri8nnlbu4spo1xoprecbz49r2dj5pw The tooltip was updating for the hp gain/loss right after rapid spin was used, but if its actually losing one hp after each use of rapid spin independent of the situation Marty described earlier, it would've lost one more hp, but it didn't.

Attachments

1608348791138.png
Zygarde 10% with Aura Break should not have access to gen 6 transfer moves (only three: Strength, Rock Smash, and Secret Power) in Gen 7 formats. The only way to obtain a 10% Zygarde with Aura Break in Gen 7 is assembling it with the Reassembly Unit and Zygarde Cube. You can't downgrade a Zygarde from Gen 6 into the 10% form with Aura Break. Thus, any Gen 6 transfer attacks are incompatible with it.

This doesn't apply to Zygarde 10% with Power Construct since a Power Construct Zygarde in Gen 7 can be freely changed between the 10% and 50% formes. This also doesn't apply at all to Gen 8; the Zygarde cube changed and lets you freely shift Zygarde's formes and abilities so that you can have a 10% Zygarde from Gen 6. Proof below:
1608349366516.png

1608349374273.png

This is obviously insanely low priority, but wanted to bring the movepool error up.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by The Immortal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)