Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Pokemon showdown it seems like all polls are quizes even if they were put in as regular polls.

download.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Last edited by a moderator:
The recovery parameter for /ds doesn't show accurate results.

A command like /ds no guard, recovery, should show Golurk, but it does not.

It's likely an issue due to how things are written here. In the same vein, this is also written, so I'm predicting there's some kind of disparity in terms of how recovery moves are defined. /ms recovery does show moves like Drain Punch, Horn Leech, etc., so I'm unsure why /ds has the issue but /ms does not.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see following discussion (DaWoblefet)

pokeblade101

is a Community Contributor
RBTT Champion
A command like /ms no guard, recovery, should show Golurk, but it does not.
I think you meant ds there.

It's likely an issue due to how things are written here. In the same vein, this is also written, so I'm predicting there's some kind of disparity in terms of how recovery moves are defined. /ms recovery does show moves like Drain Punch, Horn Leech, etc., so I'm unsure why /ds has the issue but /ms does not.
The issue here might be that /ds recovery shows Pokemon with reliable recovery moves like roost, recover, shore up etc. because those are what Pokemon are looking for when they do this command. If you include every Pokemon that has a hint of a move that recovers HP then the list would be very long and usually not what people are looking for. For example, Golurk only knows Drain Punch or Rest as "recovery" moves. This isn't something people search for when they want to see who has recovery so it doesn't appear. (A gigantic number of pokemon learn Rest, 911 in fact).

/ms recovery on the other hand will show moves that recover HP even if it is draining moves or Rest.

I think you meant ds there.

The issue here might be that /ds recovery shows Pokemon with reliable recovery moves like roost, recover, shore up etc. because those are what Pokemon are looking for when they do this command. If you include every Pokemon that has a hint of a move that recovers HP then the list would be very long and usually not what people are looking for. For example, Golurk only knows Drain Punch or Rest as "recovery" moves. This isn't something people search for when they want to see who has recovery so it doesn't appear. (A gigantic number of pokemon learn Rest, 911 in fact).

/ms recovery on the other hand will show moves that recover HP even if it is draining moves or Rest.
You are correct and I did mean /ds there. My bad!

Is there a way to at least have this as option? In OMs like AAA, Triage exists and it'd be very nice to see who can use Drain Punch, Draining Kiss, etc.

I totally understand the rationale behind not wanting those to show when using /ds recovery at least in the most common usage, but there's definitely a nice niche for it. I think part of the difficulty is that there's a lack of parity between /ms and /ds when using recovery, and there's no way for someone to know that.

Maybe a potential option would be /ds recoveryphysical? /ms can do recovery, physical, etc., but if nothing else, again, it's just impossible for someone to know of the disparity; either way, having more options tends to better in the long run - the average user wouldn't have to even worry about the existence of those "sub-groups" of recovery, if that's a concern.

pokeblade101

RBTT Champion
You are correct and I did mean /ds there. My bad!

Is there a way to at least have this as option? In OMs like AAA, Triage exists and it'd be very nice to see who can use Drain Punch, Draining Kiss, etc.

I totally understand the rationale behind not wanting those to show when using /ds recovery at least in the most common usage, but there's definitely a nice niche for it. I think part of the difficulty is that there's a lack of parity between /ms and /ds when using recovery, and there's no way for someone to know that.

Maybe a potential option would be /ds recoveryphysical? /ms can do recovery, physical, etc., but if nothing else, again, it's just impossible for someone to know of the disparity; either way, having more options tends to better in the long run - the average user wouldn't have to even worry about the existence of those "sub-groups" of recovery, if that's a concern.
If you want a command to work this way for OMs or other reasons then you can post in suggestions thread.

For many years now, there has been something irritating going on.

I am curious as to why I am often being constantly highlighted in a battle room when I am not being tagged or if I'm not being notified that my opponent has made their move (where neither is the case). It just seems to be highlighted by default and it always tricks me into looking in the room to see if anything happened. Not sure if this is intended but I figured this may be a bug.

Aqua edit: Thanks for confirming. For some reason, this has not been noticeable to me for a long time.

1609207282486.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, pokeblade101 is correct, it's to let you know it's your turn to move in battle. (DaWoblefet)

Last edited:

pokeblade101

RBTT Champion
For many years now, there was something a bit irritating.

I am curious as to why I am often being constantly highlighted in a battle room when I am not being tagged or if I'm not being notified that my opponent has made their move (where neither is the case). It just seems to be highlighted by default and it always tricks me into looking in the room to see if anything happened.
View attachment 303185
It is to tell you that you haven't made your move in the battle yet.

joey

this place is a circus
is a Community Leader
Community Leader
On turn 10 of this battle, Garchomp "obtains" a berry from G-Max Replenish despite having already fainted earlier in the turn.

I can't find anything online about this happening in-game so I'm assuming it's a glitch.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by The Immortal

nms bug.png

Is there any reason as to why it shows up like this?

BUG STATUS: FIXED by aviettran

On turn 10 of this battle, Garchomp "obtains" a berry from G-Max Replenish despite having already fainted earlier in the turn.

I can't find anything online about this happening in-game so I'm assuming it's a glitch.

I just tested this in-game on various video records. Thanks to Damoni for helping me test this as my opponent. The tricky thing here is that G-max Replenish has a 50% chance to restore berries, so had to try out at least 4-5 battles.

(Tested with G-Max Snorlax and Cryogonal holding a Sitrus Berry.)

In the first video, I have Zapdos knock Cryogonal to below 50% HP to eat the berry, followed by Snorlax using G-Max Replenish and Cryogonal gets another berry.

In the second video, I repeat the same steps as in the first video, knocking Cryogonal to 50% again, but this time without using G-max Replenish.

In the third video, I use G-max Replenish after Cryogonal faints, and the berry does not get restored. The videos after the third one are end results in subsequent battles done with the exact same procedure. Cryogonal does not seem to get a berry after fainting in these attempts.

If you believe this requires more testing via ingame battles, let me know. There is still a chance that fainted Pokemon can get berries from G-max Replenish, but based on these consistent results, it could be assumed that this is not the case.

https://i.imgur.com/WXIgjhL.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/oSlZ3Jm.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/cneeAt4.mp4

Testing again; does not get berry after fainting:

https://i.imgur.com/XxXrlaw.mp4

Testing once more; does not get berry after fainting:

https://i.imgur.com/gCSJUMS.mp4

DaWoblefet edit: this was definitely a bug on Showdown's part, no need to do additional tests unless you want

Aqua: Thanks for confirming, I found this to be an interesting case and wanted to make sure it isn't how it works in-game.

Last edited:

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Greetings, I was wondering, is the change in the trainer card intentional?

Until now, the chatrooms on the usercard used to be in the order in which you joined/loaded them.
Nowadays they seem to be in a predefinite order that no longer depends on when you joined/left a specific chatroom.
For example, I've joined the rooms Help, Français, Pokemon Games, Arcade, Video Games (in this order), but my trainer card reads: Chatrooms: #help, @franais, videogames, @pokemongames, Arcade
Leaving and joining chatrooms back doesn't change their order on the card, I assume that they are sorted by date of creation (eg the Lobby will always go to the 1st place on your trainer card, from my few tests, even if it's the 10th chatroom you manually join).

Haven't seen any official notification anywhere about it being a change and a few people have noticed it too or ask about it, so felt I'd bring it up here in case it wasn't wanted.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, it's been this way for a while now, just going to leave it be (DaWoblefet)

Hi, in last battle i got speed bug? I think you can name it like that. Guts Conkeldurr with flame orb with 126 speed was faster using knock off, then jolly max speed Jirachi, can you explain me this?
This happend during 22 turn and this is replay:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1252584692-j771zk3y8nudl7qrgnj6sys8wvji7aupw
trick room wasn`t on xd

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, you clicked Trick Room, which has -7 priority (DaWoblefet)

Apologies if I'm missing something about this but pursuit seems bugged with u-turn with damage not doubling on switchout
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1253267996-cyu19v4oqssc03ig212tjwh85y7kqmlpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1253268835-6e97q37mjj37ylmlkwisffeol2udr4mpw
According to bulbapedia:
If the foe Pokémon uses Pursuit on the same turn U-turn is used, Pursuit will deal normal damage if the foe is faster, or double damage if the foe is slower than the user.

Doesn't seem to be working in gen 7 ou as well and most likely other tiers which confuses me because it was working fine before from what I remember.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

(sorry for bad english im italian lol)
Rufflet can learn brave bird,but the verify say he cant learn it in gen 5 lc
Edit:in gen 8 lc the verify dont say about rufflet and brave bird(only the fact is lc Uber and its banned),it's a bug of gen 5 lc?

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Rufflet can't get Brave Bird in gen 5 LC due to it getting the move at level 59, and being a male-only species means it can't pass down level-up moves. This validates fine in gen 8 due to the move being a TR. (Dawn of Ares)

Attachments

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
I'm sorry if this is something I'm missing but it seems as though Protective Pads isn't preventing the effect of the ability "Perish Body."
Based on what I read in bulbapedia on Protective Pads: "Protects the holder from effects caused by using moves that make contact with the target. If the holder makes contact with a Pokémon with Perish Body, neither Pokémon will be affected by it."

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1254723580-ergj8i2ykrha5fct1lme4cw5uvgu9rgpw

I did !showteam just in case there's some other factor that I'm not aware of, but I don't think Perish body should be activating in this case.

For reference, it's just a regular genou game with no modifications of any kind

BUG STATUS: FIXED by The Immortal

I was playing random battles doubles and I had a kyurem activate the hail weather by using it's dynamax move, but after that my oponnent's kartana still doesn't faint even thought it has 1 hp, is still the original type and has the original ability and had only a life orb which was knocked off. I don't know if this is a bug or he was cheating(I don't have any idea how).
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1254933533-c91l8lyj7kr4ieut3mch1rq9koz2h9rpw
Sorry if my post is confusing, I'm new on the forum.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Rayquaza's Air Lock removes the effects of weather while not removing the weather. (Dawn of Ares)

I was told to report this as a bug:

I have a Gen IV OU team that was valid yesterday. This team contains a Smeargle with the following set

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Spikes
- U-turn
- Counter

Today I'm getting the following message "Smeargle's move Spore can't be transferred from Gen 5 to 4".

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Found an interesting bug with the team validator. I dont think this will ever matter but it should be fixed.
validator bug.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is actually intentional (DaWoblefet)

There's another unrelated bug that I can't actually show, but upon taking a Cramorant-Gorging or Cramorant-Gulping into Balanced Hackmons, its ability will become Gulp Missile. I'm not sure if this is how it works in-game but it's easily testable on sim.
user edit: i tried this with someone else and it worked just fine? so there's something else in play here.

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

In a recent Gen 8 random monotype battle, Golisopod was unaffected by Psychic Terrain, and was able to use a priority move (First Impression). There was no Air Balloon or other explanation that I could find for this. Here is the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotyperandombattle-1255486271 - It happens on turn 12.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG - Non-grounded Pokemon that are targets of priority moves are unaffected by the priority-blocking effect that Psychic Terrain has. (Kris)

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
Female Garchomp's DPP backsprite appears to be broken
I don't know about the frontsprite but it could be the same
(Male Garchomp is working fine)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - SPRITE (Dawn of Ares)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)