Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeblade101

is a Community Contributor
RBTT Champion
For some reason ignore spectators button on in battle makes it so that you can't see certain broadcasted commands.

Screenshot (195).png

EDIT: only happens to users who can be ignored; this won't affect admins.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Stomping tantrum has some bugged interactions.

1st replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1319226995

On turns 14-15, I did the smack down/fly combo, and the debug statements indicated that stomping tantrum's base power was doubled, even though it is not supposed to.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

Also I am not sure if this is an intended mechanic, but on turn 8 stomping tantrum did not double in power after power-up-punch failed to increase hitmonlee's stats, which I thought was odd because there was a debug statement indicating that some part of the move had failed. From reading "Power doubles if the user's last move on the previous turn... failed to do any of its normal effects" on the dex page, I interpreted it to mean that if the move partially failed, it would double stomping tantrum's power, similar to its interaction with a miss from spread moves in doubles, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Showdown's debug " [DEBUG] move failed because it did nothing." is not necessarily the condition for doubling Stomping Tantrum. (DaWoblefet)

2nd replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1319241274

I'm fairly certain that stomping tantrum was supposed to double its power on turn 10 because toxic reflected by magic bounce failed to hit on turn 9.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Moves executed because of Magic Bounce or Magic Coat are not considered for Stomping Tantrum's purposes. It doesn't matter if you do Toxic -> failure due to immunity on the same turn or the turn after either. (that is, Toxic -> Magic Bounce Toxic -> failure -> Stomping Tantrum same turn won't double BP, and Toxic -> Magic Bounce Toxic -> failure -> next turn -> Stomping Tantrum won't double BP).

One final question: is stomping tantrum supposed to interact with future sight failing to mark its hit? It didn't in the first replay (turn 24), but I don't have a cartridge, so I can't verify it.

Reference: https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/moves/stomping-tantrum/

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, The damaging hit of future attacks doesn't count as a referenced move for Stomping Tantrum.

ffa random battles seems to be incorrectly checking PP as if Pokémon aren’t PP maxed.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8freeforallrandombattle-1319614189

in this replay scarfed regidrago is forced to struggle after using 5 dragon energies. I haven’t used dynamax yet, and I’ve still got 3 energies left.(please ignore my bitching in this game I was salty as fuck after my copperajah died)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1319636249-lyzundqmomowpnvdktnznzy2x4ye033pw

in this one scarfed kyogre is forced to struggle after using 5 water spouts

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
ffa random battles seems to be incorrectly checking PP as if Pokémon aren’t PP maxed.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8freeforallrandombattle-1319614189

in this replay scarfed regidrago is forced to struggle after using 5 dragon energies. I haven’t used dynamax yet, and I’ve still got 3 energies left.(please ignore my bitching in this game I was salty as fuck after my copperajah died)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1319636249-lyzundqmomowpnvdktnznzy2x4ye033pw

in this one scarfed kyogre is forced to struggle after using 5 water spouts
Greetings, in the first replay you use Dragon Energy while a Kyurem with Pressure is on the field, which makes you use lose extra PP. This isn't reflected by the tooltip, which I assume will be fixed as the devs work on improving FFA, but the fact that you only had Struggle at the end was normal.
In the second replay, the Kyogre dynamaxed, and used Max Geyser thrice, which most likely explains where the remaining PPs of Water Spout went (a regular move and its max version do share PP).

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
TL;DR Basically a folder ate a couple of my teams and it was pretty concerning.

E: I found them but they wouldn't show up in the search feature for some reason. I had to manually control F. Sorry about that.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, what teams you used, the steps to reproduce the error, etc.

Reactions: SEA

yone

Herv the One.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1320010408
Apparently there's a ladder bug that can make you get matched with players way below you

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER - this happens very infrequently; when a request to the ladder is made and no response is given, it's assumed that you have a rank of 1000 (aka newer player). But this only happens for small moments and so is difficult to actually fix (DaWoblefet)

im not sure if this is a bug. meleotta looks pixily on the home screen. it fixes its self when i hover my mouse on it. but it gos back to pixily when i remove it
its a minor bug but its bothering me plz fix
i am using google chrome
BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, like a screenshot, and what web browser you're using (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Last edited:
im not sure if this is a bug. meleotta looks pixily on the home screen. it fixes its self when i hover my mouse on it. but it gos back to pixily when i remove it
its a minor bug but its bothering me plz fix

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, like a screenshot, and what web browser you're using (DaWoblefet)
You might be slightly zoomed out.

pressure pp is not deducted when hovering over an enemy pokemon during a battle if the move used was phantom force

bug.png
as visible, the dragapult was taunted and could not use any move other than phantom force. however, the additional pp was not deducted for each usage; curse was deducted correctly as it lost 2 pp upon its usage. i am not sure why phantom force in particular is bugged this way

as for a replay: oops i didnt save it, sorry!

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

p0ip0le

it's a billion lions
noticed this in a FFA today-- if you target the person immediately next to you, it'll say it's YOUR pokemon and not an opponent's

E: also stuff like gyro ball doesn't display the predicted power for the person next to you

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Timbuktu22 and pyuk

Attachments

1618333899645.png

Alolan Raichu with Sing should not be legal.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see Nol's post below (DaWoblefet)

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hidden Power not being usable. (doesnt let you import/export/upload to pokepaste) a team. (ss are from natdex and usum ou respectively, but same issue with other gens and different mons/HP)
DA8CC76D-FEAF-4A3E-AD9C-FCD6EC14BBE6.jpeg
5830CE27-DFE6-4254-B4EE-942E156D17D9.jpeg

When I click on “Upload to Pokepaste” the button flashes like it does normally, but nothing happens, same with the import/export button for the whole team. When hidden power is removed, rest works fine.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika / Zarel

Skypenguin

Skype (nguin)
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Edit: adsam posted while I was writing this up, seems to be an issue with hidden power

Certain Greninja sets break the teambuilder's export function (most Protean sets from what I've seen).
The "import/export team" button as well as the "upload to pokepaste" buttons don't function when there is a Protean Gren.
Trying to "import/export" the specific set shows a blank box as shown here
1618363380597.png

However, this bug doesn't occur with my Z Poison Gren
1618363448343.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika / Zarel

I found a glitch where item list in teambuilder show pokemons instead of the items
It started when i was finding a mon with superpower, then clicked exeggcutor-alola, then the type thingy went to items but didnt show item list, reselecting it didn't work, and clicking one of the mons puts the mon's name in the item slot
Glitch happens on other mons too and refreshing/exiting teambuilder didnt work, but the rest (pokemon/ability/moves etc.) are still working fine.

Finding a mon via typing a move/type on the Pokemon slot and selecting it moves on to the item list (showing the pokemon list) and cannot remove the parameter when selecting to delete.

if you do type the full name of the item in the item box you'll be able to put the item on the pokemon like normal but it seems like a bug that the items don't show up in the list like normal -#Kennedy (Help room)

Help room started having these kinds of questions after I posted about this bug there, so I think the time and date is important. This happened from Server time: 4/14/2021, 5:20:00 AM (assumed/estimated)

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Mamoo

I don't blunder in life, I just gambit a lot.
is a Top Tiering Contributor
This, I believe is an important issue. It was mentioned back in June 2020 & I wondered if it was ever addressed.
To preface this, I usually ignore opponent or spectators to limit toxic interactions.
When you click on ignore opponent/spectators before selecting a lead, you can't hover over your own pokemon to see its sets in the game anymore unless you click on a pokemon. This is very problematic because I would like to be able to decide what to lead with based on my sets vs the opponent's mons during team preview.

Part 2 of this issue is also a bit perplexing.
To undo this, selecting your lead & then unselecting it fixes this issue.
But here's the problem.
If the opponent has already selected their lead before I've selected mine I obviously can't go back to team preview & check my sets after selecting my lead.
A workaround would be to always have your teambuilder open, but this is not a solution, just an inconvenient workaround.
It's very frustrating because what seems like a minor bug/inconvenience can change whole outcomes of games at lead if you select a lead without being able to review your sets in the game during team preview.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing it or has experienced it but it is kind of a big deal to me. If you could reproduce this issue & test/fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.
1618406794805.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)