Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attack IVs are being automatically set to 31 if a pokemon has Bide, Metal Burst, Seismic Toss, or Super Fang. Also, if you set attack IVs to something other than 31, they will automatically be set back to 31 if you have one of those moves or any normal (as in dealing damage normally, not normal type) physical attack when you click away from the EVs/IVs section then click back to it.
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.23.10 PM.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! The Urshifu-Rapid-Strike sprite, while using the ~usage command from the Officer Jenny bot, shows up as a missingno instead. Sprite for Urshifu-Single-Strike is fine, if that is of significance to this. The command was used in the lobby chatroom, and the missingno sprite was visible to all users.
bug.PNG

BUG STATUS: WRONG PLACE, this isn't a bug with PS, but rather a bug with Officer Jenny. Ask fart (the owner) about it. (DaWoblefet)

two minor graphical bugs.

1.The players pkmn icons are too low.
2. Wrong name displayed in the chat boxes.

1618509537839.png

1618509551902.png

1618509560740.png

see how it shows the wrong opp name, its shows the name belonging to the left tab
1618513586827.png

1618513603373.png

1618513620059.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel (minimally, I, DaWoblefet, can't reproduce this and Zarel made a change between this post and time of edit)

When sending out a pokemon with Imposter or using transform infront of an Eternamax Eternatus, both fail. However Bulbapedia says that the pokemon should transform into base eternatus when atempting to transform into eternamax eternatus.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) it should transform the user into Eternamax, except it should use a regular Eternatus sprite. Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8purehackmons-1341863874-zn7z619s0u79hvj5alm51lsz1bicwfmpw (DaWoblefet)

After using Ally Switch in a Gen 8 DOU match, I found Showdown reporting my Snorlax and Oranguru's abilities and certain stats had switched. I'm unaware if this was merely a cosmetic issue or if it would've had an impact on a battle, since their abilities, gluttony and symbiosis, were not used after the swap, ally switch was used, so speed couldn't be identified through turn order, and even if Snorlax's attack stat was lowered to 500 from the switch, it would've still had a very high chance of a darkest lariat KO on the most popular Metagross sets from 58%:

248 Atk Snorlax Darkest Lariat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 206-244 (56.5 - 67%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (a set modified to have 500 attack)

+6 12+ Atk Snorlax Darkest Lariat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 468-552 (128.5 - 151.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (my actual set)

I'll include two screenshots, and while I'm aware it won't show abilities if they're not used, a replay as well in the hopes it may be helpful:

Screenshot 2021-04-15 221756.png

Screenshot 2021-04-15 221731.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1322494778-1bm6fo8pyo17e1eg7d4dodg2w528nhvpw

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Last edited:
The command /hidenext is not making the next game opened after using it hidden, tested with [Gen 8] VGC 2021 Series 9, [Gen 8] VGC 2021, and [Gen 8] Random Battle and all of my games appear under my name under "Battles" without the special hidden room url

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia

Shuwri

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
pressure pp is not deducted when hovering over an enemy pokemon during a battle if the move used was phantom force

View attachment 332143
as visible, the dragapult was taunted and could not use any move other than phantom force. however, the additional pp was not deducted for each usage; curse was deducted correctly as it lost 2 pp upon its usage. i am not sure why phantom force in particular is bugged this way

as for a replay: oops i didnt save it, sorry!
Same applies for Meteor Beam, I think.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

(Gen 7 doubles OU) the ability dancer doesn't work on Oricorio properly volcarona used quiver dance and when the dancer ability activated it failed

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, A replay is needed. (Dawn of Ares)

I would wager the Oricorio was Choice locked; a Choice locked Dancer Pokemon can't use another attack via Dancer (DaWoblefet).

Attachments

Triggering Power Construct while behind a substitute puts the Zygarde-Complete sprite on top of the substitute sprite (Both in-battle and on the replay page).
1618811486184.png
bugss1.PNG
The replay for this specific battle can be found here.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Shuwri

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Expanding Force in Doubles / Free-For-All:

When using "/dt Expanding Force" command, it shows "Target: One Adjacent Pokémon" and "hits foes".

When selecting Expanding Force in Doubles and Free-For-All, it hits foes but you have to select one target (does not happen when using moves like Rock Slide, Earthquake, Fiery Wrath, Water Spout...).

Replay Links:
Free-For-All: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1324523861-s0e58efc6rls6u4qa1ee54u1ieyyj1fpw
Doubles: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1324526406-hlymoxci49qfs5xis7aonayg510mc1upw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, or at least I doubt it is considered one; Expanding Force and Battle Royale (what FFAs are mostly based on) never existed at the same time, so the mechanics are mostly made up for FFAs. However, it seems reasonable to me that Expanding Force would behave identically to doubles here - Expanding Force has you target a Pokemon in case Psychic Terrain is turned off mid-turn somehow, so it knows which slot to target because it turns into a single-target move. But if Psychic Terrain is on, it should hit all foes. The doubles behavior is definitely cartridge-accurate, and the FFA behavior seems reasonably correct to me. (DaWoblefet)

Reactions: TGA
In this random battle a player appeared to have a rating of 1000 at the start of the battle in which they got matched with a 2000+ player. However, their usercard displayed a rating of more than 2000 for both.
In short: the rating displayed in the battle seems wrong and the other player lost more points for losing than they should have because of the incorrect rating display.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER - this happens very infrequently; when a request to the ladder is made and no response is given, it's assumed that you have a rank of 1000 (aka newer player). But this only happens for small moments and so is difficult to actually fix (DaWoblefet)

I don't know if this is how it works on cartridge or not, but Future Sight is ignoring Light Screen (and Aurora Veil) if the user of the move is not the active mon in. One example I tested with screens up is: Dragapult takes 40% damage with Slowking-Galar in, but 70% damage when it is not. Everywhere I have looked online there is no mention that Future Sight ignores screens. I tried with Slowbro as well, same story.

Details below:

Battle 1: Light Screen, Slowking-Galar stays in https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1324936312
Battle 2: Light Screen, Slowking-Galar swaps out: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1324935662

Battle 3: Aurora Veil, Slowking-Galar stays in: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1324938357
Battle 4: Aurora Veil, Slowking-Galar swaps out: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1324938604

Battle 5: Light Screen, Slowbro staying in: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1324948248
Battle 6: Light Screen, Slowbro swaps out: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1324948522

Battle 7: Aurora Veil, Slowbro staying in: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1324952760
Battle 8: Aurora Veil, Slowbro swaps out: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1324952982

Spreads used:

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Drain Punch

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Dragapult @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Steel Wing
- Dragon Dance

Damage Calcs:

Slowking-Galar vs Dragapult

With Light Screen or Veil:

252+ SpA Slowking-Galar Future Sight vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult with an ally's Aurora Veil: 121-143 (38.1 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Without Screens/Veil:

252+ SpA Slowking-Galar Future Sight vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 243-286 (76.6 - 90.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Slowbro vs Dragapult

With Light Screen or Veil:

0 SpA Slowbro Future Sight vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult with an ally's Aurora Veil: 81-96 (25.5 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Without Light Screen:

0 SpA Slowbro Future Sight vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 163-193 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

I don't know why this bug is happening but whenever i hover over a pokemon, it doesn't display moves used and doesn't display stats at all. This has been happening for almost a week now and kinda makes game unplayable. If possible, please tell me why this is happening. I'm not only one with this problem. If you want to know more about this, send friend request to Nezu#0824 and i can screenshare the bug(if i can't fix it).

I don't know why this bug is happening but whenever i hover over a pokemon, it doesn't display moves used and doesn't display stats at all. This has been happening for almost a week now and kinda makes game unplayable. If possible, please tell me why this is happening. I'm not only one with this problem. If you want to know more about this, send friend request to Nezu#0824 and i can screenshare the bug(if i can't fix it).
Can’t you just post screenshots here? I’m guessing you have some kind of custom plugin that hasn’t been updated recently to be compatible with the recent changes to the client that were made to support 4 player battles.

Can’t you just post screenshots here? I’m guessing you have some kind of custom plugin that hasn’t been updated recently to be compatible with the recent changes to the client that were made to support 4 player battles.
Screenshot won't show it since i have to hover over the pokemon with mouse and when i screenshot, it just doesn't show the cursor therefore it doesn't prove anything. I need to record it or screenshare it with someone but i don't know what recording software i can use.

And it is not 4 players, it happens in every game. I'm not using Stylish background.

but i think i fixed it myself, it works now

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Screenshot won't show it since i have to hover over the pokemon with mouse and when i screenshot, it just doesn't show the cursor therefore it doesn't prove anything.
For future reference since you mentioned this is resolved, you have a couple of options here since you need to be hovering over the pokemon/move to show the tooltip. I'm assuming your using windows, but there are probably options like these for osx.
1. Use the prt sc button on your keyboard (if present) to screenshot your entire screen.
2. Use the keyboard shortcut windows key + left shift + s to start the built-in snip and sketch application, which will freeze your screen and allow you to drag to select a portion of it to screenshot.

We don't need to see your cursor specifically, rather we need to see the tooltips which are made of HTML and will be caught by screenshots.

Last edited:
While teambuilding for gen 6 formats, Water Shuriken still shows up as a special move, despite it being a physical move in the mentioned gen. Because of this, the suggested EV spread also shows 4 Special Attack investment when the rest of the moves are physical. Testing from battles however suggests that it acts like a physical move still, which is correct.
The replay used for testing can be found here.
252+ SpA Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 32-38 (4.4 - 5.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0- Atk Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Blissey: 108-128 (15.1 - 17.9%) -- approx. possible 6HKO
I can unfortunately not record my screen at the time of posting, otherwise I would attach a video of the teambuilder as well, but that can be fact-checked easily.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)