Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Playing Purehackmons and I was picking moves and a move called "Desolate Land" was able to be chosen. I picked it then searched it up because it had description, turns out its an ability.

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 09.37.40.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

Last edited by a moderator:
appears to be related to the recoil bug above. confusion activates after the battle ends

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Attachments

Gluttony isn't working if indirect damage (i assume this affects all indirect damage, only tested with belly drum) causes you to go under 50% hp. It is working properly with direct damage.
Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 10.56.41 PM.png

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen8customgame-1334587587 (showing the bug)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1334589159 (showing it working properly with direct damage)
This is caused by this commit I assume (though i know next to nothing about coding so i could certainly be wrong) https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown/commit/f453d37817674374174f9dc1c5a112186ea0f8d7

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
Not 100% sure whether this is a bug or intentional, but the “All Pokemon” ban/unban only includes Pokemon that exist in Gen 8, even in Natdex-based metas. As far as I’m aware, this only affects challenges/tours with custom rulesets and Fusion Evolution UU, but if this isn’t a bug, than FEUU being based in Standard Natdex instead of just Standard is which makes me feel better about posting for this since there’s an issue either way.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see Zarel's edit in this post (DaWoblefet)

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
Using Future Sight while holding a life orb on Showdown will cause the user to take life orb damage immediately, but that isn't how it works in game.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by aviettran (see also game footage from Nol)

Reactions: UT
Apologies that I didn't get a screen shot but I've noticed a bug between Neutralizing Gas and Pressure.

When you hover the mouse over a pokemon it shows how much PP the pokemon has left in each of these moves. If your pokemon has Neutralizing Gas and the opponent has Pressure this screen will still remove 2 PP each attack and will eventually show negative PP for that move. This did not effect the normal move selection screen PP and I ran out of PP 1 at a time as expected, onlynthe hover over screen was effected.

Byleth

Retirement
The tour ban "-all pokemon" only applies to Pokemon that are in the Galar dex as of right now which results in National Dex mons (and forms) not in the galar dex to validate.
Screenshot_20210507-105627_Chrome.jpg

I tested to make sure "-all pokemon" wasn't broken for National Dex and Pichu confirmed this for me in the second screenshot.
Screenshot_20210507-105712_Chrome.jpg

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG

For bans and unbans, more specific beats less specific. So NatDex's "+ Past" beats your "- all pokemon".

We're working on a way to change it to "right beats left" for more intuitive behavior, but for now, just manually ban every specific unban (add "- Past" to your rules list). -Zarel

For some reason, doing /ds [param], maxgen# or /ds [param], maxgen=# does not work, but removing the space between maxgen and the comma does.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

While teambuilding for gen 6 formats, Water Shuriken still shows up as a special move, despite it being a physical move in the mentioned gen. Because of this, the suggested EV spread also shows 4 Special Attack investment when the rest of the moves are physical. Testing from battles however suggests that it acts like a physical move still, which is correct.
The replay used for testing can be found here.
252+ SpA Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 32-38 (4.4 - 5.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0- Atk Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Blissey: 108-128 (15.1 - 17.9%) -- approx. possible 6HKO
I can unfortunately not record my screen at the time of posting, otherwise I would attach a video of the teambuilder as well, but that can be fact-checked easily.
In a similar vein to this previous post of mine, while using Zippy Zap in LGPE OU, it shows the incorrect move entry in the teambuilder. The gen 8 entry, which is, "Goes first. Raises user's evasion by 1." is shown instead of the correct entry which is "Nearly always goes first. Always crits." (entries taken directly from /dt and /dt7) However, the base power shown is 50, which is correct for LGPE (as the gen 8 entry on showdown increases the BP to 80). It does work as intended, which can be checked with the calcs below and the replay linked here.
50 BP + Crit : 0 Atk Pikachu-Starter Zippy Zap vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Arcanine on a critical hit: 45-54 (27.2 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
80 BP + Crit : 0 Atk Pikachu-Starter Zippy Zap vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Arcanine on a critical hit: 69-82 (41.8 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Instead of continuing to post about this for singular instances, I would like to also make this a general post regarding the issue of changes being made to moves over the gens. From more investigation, it seems that base power (mostly), accuracy changes, PP changes (mostly) and typing changes are reflected correctly. However, move category changes specifically after the physical/special split and move descriptions/secondary effects show the latest versions instead of the ones for whatever gen is being used to teambuild (while they remain correct in practice).
BP changes : Zippy Zap in gen 7 shows correct BP, Tackle reflects correct BP changes throughout the gens, Moves changed in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee such as Solar Beam, Sky Attack, etc still show USUM-accurate BPs while building for LGPE OU
Accuracy changes : Gen 1 : Blizzard, Rock Throw, Whirlwind,etc; Gen 2: Low Kick,Razor Wind,etc among others show correct accuracy values and changes in the respective gens in which they were changed
PP changes : Gen 1-3 Absorb shows correct PP value (32) for these gens and the correct value after change (40), Absorb shows USUM-accurate PP value of 40 (base PP: 25) whereas the correct value is 24 (base PP: 15) while building for LGPE OU
Description/Secondary Effect changes : Gen 1 Acid, Aurora Beam, Bubble, etc show a 10% secondary effect chance while it is actually 33% for Gen 1. Gen 1 Bite shows a 30% Flinch chance but it is actually 10% for Gen 1. These are just visual while they work correctly in practice (See: Gen 7 Zippy Zap always lands crits and doesn't raise evasion despite wrong description in Teambuilder)
Physical/Special Category changes : (see: quoted post; this is also just a visual error similar to Secondary Effect changes as is shown by calcs in quoted post)
Edit :Forgot to add this in the original but PP changes are correctly reflected in battle as well, it's also just visual (Golbat with absorb in LGPE OU shows 24 PP in battle)

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
(smogon analysis) link in Gen 7 teambuilders redirects to Gen 8 analysis. This behavior is not present in previous gens such as Gen 6 or Gen 3.

Incorrect Behavior:
clicking the (smogon analysis) link in the Sun and Moon NU teambuilder for a pokemon such as Aerodactyl redirects you to https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/pokemon/aerodactyl/

Correct Behavior:
clicking the (smogon analysis) link in the ORAS RU teambuilder for a pokemon such as Aerodactyl redirects you to https://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/aerodactyl/ru/

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
When I was testing the "Max Level = 9999" custom rule, I realized that the some stats aren't inflated as they should be. This affects the damage dealt, as seen in the replays below.

Most attacks appear to be doing less than they should be (even when both mons have "Lvl 9999" stats).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1337002718-xshgng1m9lsdxi5z3grx5xbt5rijhx7pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1337007875-l2hj6uuy1qlw5812q7krb8oei7ktw09pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1337012404-ot2v3qs2nvp8yehc74hieepwncfxgkcpw

The Pokemon are doing either far too little or far too much damage to each other. When I tested in a Custom Game, the damage dealt was far more similar to how it would be if the Pokemon were Lvl 100.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1337019338-jokh34jrfoejhp9f3q4nmu7u8k0bw4kpw

For example, if both Pokemon are Lvl 100, Zacian should OHKO Xerneas with Behemoth Blade:
+1 252+ Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Bash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Xerneas: 684-806 (174 - 205%) -- guaranteed OHKO

While this was the case in the Custom Game, Zacian only dealt 4~5% in one of the AG games.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this has to do with overflow that exists in the actual games! Custom Game ignores overflow, which is why you didn't encounter it here. Stats are not only confined to 16 bits (which means at most, you can only have a stat of 65535), but because a +0 stat multiplier is an implicit *2/2, you really can't have a stat higher than 32767. Any other attack modifiers will cause overflow at significantly earlier stages. Besides that, Nature stat overflow offers another place for overflow to occur and mess up the relative amount of damage you would do. And all of that's on top of regular damage overflow! If you want to play a format with max level 9999 that ignores overflow, you'll have to play custom game (DaWoblefet).

Attachments

My points dissapeared for no reason, went from 1542 to 1500 without any games played in a matter of minutes, unfortunately i don´t have a replay of my previous points, but here are my current points:

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG - ladder decay exists, see this page (Mia)

Attachments

When viewing a replay, if you press switch sides before the battle starts, the Play (music off) button disappears.
9F183EFB-76C7-4089-B8A1-5CD57C1722CA.jpeg
After clicking switch sides
10971432-0431-441F-A960-EC28D216056C.jpeg
Before clicking switch sides

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER (earlier report) (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)