Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiffix

pipowo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
There seems to be an issue with the "/punishlog" command.

"/modlog" is working fine and showing results for the specific user, but when I type "/punishlog Swiffix" (or "/pl Swiffix", "/pl user=Swiffix", "/pl userid=Swiffix"), it shows the room's latest punishlogs instead of the ones specifically containing me (so the same as if I had just typed "/punishlog" without a name following it).

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

Last edited by a moderator:
In this battle (link), PS! said i won the battle but then my slowbro lost life cause of poison... It seems a bit too realistic :)
I think it has something to do with the battle ending at the end of a turn when future sight hit.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mathy

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1384183480

Turn 4, after one of my Pokemon (Mega Abomasnow) used Ally Switch, the other (using Rollout) hit the allied Pokemon (Mega Venusaur). It hit the M-Venusaur again on turn 5, KO'ing it. The best explanation anyone could come up with was the below. It's odd, because Rollout shouldn't be able to target allies under any normal conditions, so it's not clear if this is a bug or just a very, very obscure mechanic at play.

"Thinkerino: In this case, rollout is treated similarly to how a solar beam would be treated
Thinkerino: If Ally Switch is used as an ally uses a 2-turn move (like Solar Beam), Ally Switching on the following turn will cause Solar Beam to hit the ally.
Thinkerino: but since that explanation isn't conclusive"

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER), this is an old known bug, I think it partially got fixed but must not have all the way (DaWoblefet)

In hackmons formats where you can directly use zacian/zamazenta crowned without having them hold their respective items the crowned forms should show up at team preview. This was broken as a side effect of showing the leak of whether Zacian / Zamazenta / Xerneas was brought to a match correctly (link), but that leak was fixed.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Sole Survivor

Sepia-toned memories
is a Pre-Contributor
IMG_20210728_134414.jpg
in the battle in the screenshot above, the error message as mentioned by me in the Help room which consisted of three messages showed up. I unfortunately disconnected so I wasn't able to take a screenshot of how it looked but was told to report it here. I hope just the error message helps, thanks

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4doublesou-1385492345

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER), this is because it's sending both a [miss] and [spread] protocol for the same move (urkerab)

This is a bug according to an admin I reached out.

Users get pinged for tournaments in rooms that have already ended upon reloading.

Pokemon Showdown DCs are incredibly prevalent, and not getting aimlessly pinged by tours that have started/ended two hours ago would make this far less burdensome.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) I remember trying to fix this myself and having a lot of trouble. Best of luck to whoever takes it on! (DaWoblefet)

In the Gen 7 Stabmons teambuilder, form pokemon aren't shown as having access to all moves of their type.
Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 9.47.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 9.48.06 PM.png
This seems to affect all forms that are an in-battle change like megas and ash-gren, but not out of battle forms like hoopa-unbound.

Moves that aren't in gen 8 also aren't showing for pokemon that don't learn them naturally.
Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 10.00.12 PM.png

Baddy Bad and Black Hole Eclipse showing as illegal is correct, but Pursuit should show as a valid move

The spectate tab on the friends list requires that your friends have Allow friends to see my hidden battles on the spectator list turned on for you to be able to see even their non-hidden battles. The spectate tab says “Use the settings page to disallow your friends from seeing your hidden battles on this page” which implies you should be able to see public battles regardless of what it's set to.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia

Reactions: TGA
This is the second time this has happened to me but the opponent keeps putting me to sleep on more than one occasion despite the sleep clause.

-Generation 1 randoms

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Sleep Clause prohibits a player from putting multiple Pokemon to sleep at the same time; putting a Pokemon to sleep, then knocking it out (or it waking up later), then putting the Pokemon back to sleep is perfectly fine. (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

In a room tournament I pasted a Pokepast link in my teambuilder as a new team into Import/Export without choosing a format knowing it would select it regardless and after clicking Ready! this popped up.
Everything was fine the second time I clicked Ready!
Screenshot (31).png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT), importing a team messes up the current focus of your team (DaWoblefet)

Blimax

https://www.youtube.com/c/Blimaxx
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I have posted multiple times regarding this issue, however not much action has been taken. I can bet this should not be happening at any cost.
Tagging Zarel as well to have a deeper look at the situation or do something to avoid this in future.
An Elo difference like this absolutely makes no sense. I will make a Youtube video on my channel regarding this if needed to attract more attention.
Sharing the battle replay and see the Elo Difference: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1387809653
This should not be happening at any circumstance whatsoever.
1627779055098.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER but this isn't a bug we can fix (Mia): I took a second look, looks like the other user has some 1800 ELO. In this case, what happened is that the database didn't respond when the ladder rank was requested, so it defaulted to using a much lower rank. We can't fix this at this time.

Hello! Berserk Gene is not activating Unburden. It is an item that is consumed, so despite the fact that Unburden and Berserk Gene have never existed together, it should activate it. Miracle Berry also DOES activate Unburden while Berserk Gene won't. I'm hoping this will be patched soon or else my whole draft team for a draft tournament is pointless lol. Here's a replay. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1391074202-2bamzw094srj7tr3m96zwvhkoekj91apw

BUG STATUS: FIXED by TheSupervillain ("fixed" in the sense of, it behaves like you expected with Unburden now)

ChaFouuu

Le goût du jeu ça je l'ai dans le sang
It’s been approx. a month since Gastrodon-East can’t be chosen in the Teambuilder, or at least in gen7ou (didn’t try in other formats). If you change from East to normal form in former teams, you can’t change it back. I unfortunately can’t record a video as a proof :/
Edit : I tried this in gen8ou and you can actually use East form, maybe this is an hint to find the source of the bug.

I used shadow sneak as a Kecleon to make myself immune to the predicted body slam but it still killed me despite the fact that protean went off

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, as Aquaa says, this is likely Scrappy Miltank. (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

I used shadow sneak as a Kecleon to make myself immune to the predicted body slam but it still killed me despite the fact that protean went off
Very very likely not a bug. Miltank has Scrappy as one of its possible abilities. That ability allows any Normal or Fighting attacking move to deal damage to Ghost-types. In the future, make sure to run by what appears to be bugs in the Help room on Pokemon Showdown to confirm whether or not your report is a bug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)