Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I don't know if I'm missing a knowledgable mechanic here,but it really looks like a but to of the players (my opponent and I).
It was a really funny experience so I'm not bothered at all, just curious to see how smogon handles that kind of situation ^^.
Thank you for caring,
Hello friendly poster.
Besides the detail that this post is mainly meant for the investigation of cartridge and not bug report for showdown (there's a different topic for it), the interaction you witnessed is however correct.

The mechanic you are missing is the peculiarity of Plasma Fists.
Plasma Fists applies the Electrify effect, making following Normal type moves become Electric type.
Whirlwind is a normal type move, and got turned into Electric type due to Plasma Fists, which was then blocked by Volt Absorb.

Hope that solves your doubts.

Hello friendly poster.
Besides the detail that this post is mainly meant for the investigation of cartridge and not bug report for showdown (there's a different topic for it), the interaction you witnessed is however correct.

The mechanic you are missing is the peculiarity of Plasma Fists.
Plasma Fists applies the Electrify effect, making following Normal type moves become Electric type.
Whirlwind is a normal type move, and got turned into Electric type due to Plasma Fists, which was then blocked by Volt Absorb.

Hope that solves your doubts.

Wow, just noticed I have posted in the wrong thread and there's already a really accurate answer !
Thank you, I had no idea Plasma Fistshad that kind of effect '-'. And same goes with 'Roar' then (was already checking :p).

Allright ! Cya next time or in game (tho I'm not high enough in the ladder I guess).

Anjii.V.

9EB7ED54-560F-43E8-ABCE-ABD19E083917.jpeg
I’ve never seen this message before, but I don’t think it’s meant to appear like this. The link at the bottom is not clickable no matter where I scroll.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
i was playing FFA with friends when i saw that victini's ability was applied to my other teammates
idk if it's only visual or if it does really have an effect

1.png
2.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) it's just a visual error (DaWoblefet)

Hello, the builder in dpp ou(4th gen ou) says that hidden power is illegal but it validates just fine.
Just thought i'd put it in here.
Screenshot_605.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Swiffix

pipowo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey, not sure if it's a bug or something else, but an Ice Fang from a Chewtle failed against my Toxicroak due to Dry Skin in this battle this battle.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG - That battle has Revelationmons Mod activated, which makes the first moveslot of the type of your Mon, so most likely Ice Fang was the one turned into Water type (Irpachuza)

Possibly not a bug but court change has unexpected/hard to predict behaviour in free-for-all random battles: if one player has set entry hazards and another uses court change, I would anticipate the court change user being the only player without hazards, but instead the hazard-free slot just moves one place. May be difficult to make any more predictable behaviour since if two players set hazards it's unclear what should happen.
Example in this game (t16 kwekj sets hazards, t20 honestpanda uses court change, t25 honestpanda sends in luxray which is caught in a sticky web; presumably azarathegreat's regice sent in t23 is not affected but it has clear body so not having a stat drop isn't evidence): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1457848280-cgasjubowuw7uc5uu81007b4v9zowhnpw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Court Change never existed at the same time as the closest FFA-like battle mechanics (Battle Royal in Gen 7) so the behavior is arbitrarily made up. You'd need to talk with those in charge of the FFA format. (DaWoblefet)

I believe Beat Up may be coded incorrectly. The article on Bulbapedia (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Beat_Up_(move)) states that " the user's Attack alone is used to calculate the damage of each strike" yet this replay showcases Beat Up using the attack of other pokemon:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1458377143-akr4gdzuc6b2p6jj8ksoydt32sak577pw
The first Beat Up (used by Bisharp) is significantly stronger than the others, which were lv.1 pokemon with minimum attack stats.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Beat Up changes its base power relative to the base attack of the Pokemon (e.g. 10 for Blissey), not its actual attack stat at level 1 (DaWoblefet)

Hidden Power shows up as an illegal move on Pokémon that can get it in Natdex but validates properly

1637531345761.png

1637531408010.png

Edit: It looks like this applies to all cut moves

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8challengecup1v1-1458836731-bm25yqoc1i3jbvmtx3te9lcm9grbrz1pw

Hi. My zapdos galar used the first turn of fly then got hit by smack down, which I guess should cancel fly. But then I was only able to select fly so I selected it and zapdos did the first turn of fly. The animation showed it doing the second part of fly but it did the first part, before being hit by smack down again. So even though fly should have been cancelled by the smack down, I could only select fly.

(I used bounce on the first turn, that's not what I'm talking about. I used fly afterwards.)

BUG STATUS: FIXED by urkerab

Reactions: pix
Kris is having me post this here, but this is regarding the question giveaway form in the Wi-Fi room.
So we get two pings, one is when the giveaway is announced:
1637723186657.png
and one when the giveaway question is posted:
1637723333386.png
We'd like just one ping at the start, this line will ping all users who have added this to their highlight lists via a button in an rfaq.

Second thing is that a user said they only got one guess at the question, when they should have three.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia

I found (at my expenses) a weird interaction between encore and sleep talk on the simulator: encore fails if last move used is sleep talk. Since there's nothing in the not bugs section (or anywhere else online) suggesting that's the proper behaviour, I report it as a bug.

Further info: SWSH ZU match, encore was used by uxie, sleep talk was used by a malamar

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Encore doesn't work on any moves that can call other moves (DaWoblefet)

Playing in BDSP Battle Festival Doubles. Final Turn I use Self-Destruct and KO opponent, I lose. This was a bug fixed in battle mechanics in Sun and Moon, correct behaviour allows the mon using Self-Destruct to win as it dealt the final blow.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, you're in fact mistaken; thanks to misi for the video: (DaWoblefet)

BreadLoeuf

[bɹɛd.lœf]
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
/clearignore doesn't seem to be working as intended.

For me, it's just bringing up /h ignore, while my ignore list stays the same.

BreadLoeuf

[bɹɛd.lœf]
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'm back, since I've encountered another bug. I'm not sure if this is a thing with my browser (I just use Chrome), but my status seems to be visible to myself and others after already typing /clearstatus (the message "You don't have a status message set" shows up).

strangestatusbug (2).jpg

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
In this Gen 4 Random Battle, the Arceus was displayed as Arceus-Water upon being sent out, before immediately reverting to regular Arceus due to holding Leftovers. It should either have started as normal-type Arceus or Splash Plate should have been forced onto it.
If it's relevant, I used 1v1 random battle rulesets to make the room tournament, but that shouldn't affect team generation to my knowledge.
Code:
/tour new gen4randombattle, elimination
/tour rules teampreview, maxteamsize=3, pickedteamsize=1
/tour name [Gen 4] 1v1 Random Battle
BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

FFA random battle bug
If you invite user, and then they Dc and you press uninvite (doesn't matter whether or not they got back online then it will dispaly submitted! and wont let you do anything.Maybe would nice to have a command to invite people specifically to battle in an ffa, but im not a dev.
https://imgur.com/a/Gd77wJa - video of the bug

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) thanks for the video! (DaWoblefet)

I've already posted this somewhere else, but I think it's worth further consideration from the community :blobwizard:

:gs/Ditto::gs/Unown:

After running several experimental games with BluesEnergy00 on Showdown, I may have found a bug that concerns Ditto in GSC (Gen 2). On Smogon the item Metal Powder's description reads as follows:

If held by a Ditto, its Defense and Sp.Def are x1.5, even while Transformed.

When the move transform is used in battle it changes all of the stats (except the HP stat) and typing into those of what it is transforming into. Thus in order to test this fairly we pitted a pokemon against Ditto that naturally has the same base HP stat as it, in this case, Unown. Given that they both have a base HP stat of 48 it was ideal for this test. Logic would tell you that a Ditto carrying Metal Powder would simply transform into Unown (keep the same HP stat) and copy all of its stats but also have a 50% boost to both of these defenses even while transformed like the description says, but no. We found that instead of doing that in practice it seems that Ditto is simply not getting that promised defensive boost in its transformed state as can be seen here:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-1440425517-lvq6yygup6g6u8mpk8wfjcwxrxav839pw

Assuming that is indeed an oversight, it is one that significantly effects Ditto viability in the competitive scene given that it doesn't enter the battle with the best stats to begin with (that is if anyone was tempted to use it at all).

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE RESEARCH I'd like a Gen II researcher to confirm (DaWoblefet)

Reactions: TGA
This is some weird bug so
In this ss i reached 1855
But when i do /rank my rank shows it as 1820
Not only that even on the page when you click your username the rank is 1820
This is also not a ladder updating problem considering i got 23 points not 35 points Also this is not ladder decay considering I did play some games before
Screenshot_20211128-205725_Chrome.jpg

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER, this is just due to lag in the ladder database; there is nothing we can do about this (DaWoblefet)

Reactions: TGA
I believe there may be a bug in the interaction between future sight and pokemon with the ability unaware. I tested a battle against my friend to see how future sight and unaware should interact when the future sight user boosts it's stats, and it appears that future sight's power increased after a calm mind boost, which does not match what the calc says is possible.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1462984459-oky1jntkbxa0oc4k1mxlm7ezvuivtubpw

On turn 3, clefable took 52% damage from future sight under psychic terrain. According to the calc, using storm zone's spread that he showed in the battle, this makes sense and appears to be working properly.

252 SpA Tapu Lele Future Sight vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Clefable in Psychic Terrain: 205-243 (52.1 - 61.8%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

However, after I used calm mind, and after psychic terrain ended, future sight did 60% of damage. According to the damage calc, this should not be possible.

+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele Future Sight vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Unaware Clefable: 159-187 (40.4 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

and yet, 60% is a damage roll that would have been possible vs a magic guard clef with his given EV spread ((+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele Future Sight vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Clefable: 237-280 (60.3 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery)). However, this is an unaware clef, as revealed in the replay, and for some reason it took the boosted damage anyway. I tried looking into this online to see if there was a unique mechanic with this interaction, but i wasnt able to find anything

BUG STATUS: FIXED by pyuk

Download no longer activates when a Pokemon with Neutralizing Gas faints. It has always activated in this scenario since the beginning of Gen 8.
Replays (thx LilyAC for tests):
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1463180507-pu14j341el4k460goa4xe2utn80rhtcpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1463177849-dfzmi4uwyelbinhzxicdlurq3svqhpcpw

How it used to work:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1354981805-xtgl0g92tkotw9djgxooq0eplt0llyjpw
This interaction has competitive consequences in Little Cup.

Might this be what broke it?

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, in fact Download does not activate in this situation on cart. Unless you have cart footage demonstrating otherwise, this is a long-time bug that was in fact recently fixed (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)