Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

This is pretty minor but still. I'm not entirely sure how Challenge Cup's move generator works w/ forme changes, but I got a Kyurem-W with Glaciate when it's not supposed to get that.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
In teambuilder, filtered by Gyro Ball and slowest speed- 2 Ferroseeds show up instead of 1

00736283-ADC2-431C-AFC6-EEE33AD95469.jpeg

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
According to Bulbapedia, in Gen 2, moves like mud slap, zap cannon, and other non-status moves that have chances to inflict stat lowering/status effects only have a 255/256 chance to actually activate the secondary effect.

However, according to /dt2 zap cannon and /dt2 mud slap they have an 100% chance to activate the secondary effect on showdown.

Is this a bug or is Bulbapedia out of touch?

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see Marty's post below (DaWoblefet)

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
According to Bulbapedia, in Gen 2, moves like mud slap, zap cannon, and other non-status moves that have chances to inflict stat lowering/status effects only have a 255/256 chance to actually activate the secondary effect.

However, according to /dt2 zap cannon and /dt2 mud slap they have an 100% chance to activate the secondary effect on showdown.

Is this a bug or is Bulbapedia out of touch?
Neither; the sim even throws a hint message at you if it happens during a battle. Descriptions have nothing to do with how anything on the sim is implemented.

Hello, i just had a bug in a duo metronome tournament

Basically, my first mon died but, i had to give orders like if i still had two mons. I tried reloading but it didn't work. I ended up locked, because me clicking on the attack button Did nothing and the timer was still runnnin as if i did nothin. Also, when my first mon died, farfetch was on the left. When the opposite blacephalon bounced a charm, my farfetch moved to the right position

here is the fight screen recording i took where i was locked :

i've the whole fight downloaded but i can't seem to manage to upload it as it's a .html

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, this is very similar to other reports in this thread but we still don't have a way of reproducing it. (DaWoblefet)

I think this is a bug but..

Retrozilla does not connect to Pokemon Showdown at all,just stuck at loading client and doesn't load at all.

It intialized,Loaded libraries,data,but not client.
VirtualBox_Windows NT 4.0_19_12_2021_21_28_32.png
BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, use a modern browser (DaWoblefet)

Anubis

HONK
is a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Rest of the orphaned egg moves in BDSP prior to HOME transfers:
Plusle - Tearful Look (via Dedenne)
Minun - Tearful Look (via Dedenne)
Luvdisc - Heal Pulse (via Alomomola)
Starly - Detect (via Galarian Farfetch'd line, Pidove line, or Hawlucha line, various other VC transfer mons)
Chatot - Encore (along with Boomburst which is noted already; via Togepi line after TM from SWSH or Hawlucha)

These are already implemented on the sim:
Chatot / Taillow - Boomburst

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

1640280366913.png

This is a pretty quirky illegal move set. In GSC, Piloswine has Horn Attack in its movepool, but it only gets it at level 1 as Piloswine. Gen 2 lacks a move relearner inside of the actual games; you have to use Pokemon Stadium 2 for that. That means that for the VC release, Piloswine effectively doesn't have Horn Attack in its movepool since it's totally inaccessible. It's a weird twist on Head Smash Nosepass. This makes this combination of attacks illegal, as well as Horn Attack + Curse illegal (In Gen 7), as well as any HA Piloswine with Horn Attack in Gen 7 illegal. Probably just want to cut it out of the move pool by taking 7V out of the learnsets.

When given the option to choose 'N' as my avatar his arms are crossed, but once chosen the stance changes and his arms are open wide. Not a huge thing but something to look into if it isn't already in the to-do pile.

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
If you click the Backup/Restore all teams button and try to import some teams in Pokepast your whole teambuilder gets deleted (yeah it happened to me)

Edit by myself: even if the pokepast has a team/teams, they don't replace the old ones, just wipes the whole teambuilder.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG the Backup/Restore All Teams intentionally replaces whatever teams are present with the new teams you import. (DaWoblefet)

1640551468638.png

This is an illegal egg move combo, and the only illegal egg move combo in Gen 7.

Volbeat and Nidoran male are unique in that they're bred from a female Pokemon of another species and have different egg moves than that female species. This means they have the potential for egg move problems since you can't always pass down their egg moves from the female Pokemon. Nidoran doesn't have that problem thanks to Smeargle but Volbeat does.

Dizzy Punch has to come from Buneary, Spinda, or Ledian. Lunge has to come from Mothim, Araquanid, Ariados, Masquerian, or Galvantula. The two are incompatible with each other.

This is the only combo of moves with this problem in Volbeat's egg movepool. Just for the sake of thoroughness, here's the legality check for the others:
  • Baton Pass, Silver Wind, Encore, and Bug Buzz are egg moves for both Volbeat and Illumise, and have no issues.
  • Trick is a move tutor, no issues.
  • Seismic Toss can be taught by Gen 3 move tutor to Illumise. This lets you combine it with any other set of egg moves by breeding a Volbeat with any other egg moves, then breeding it with a Gen 3 Seismic Toss Illumise.
  • Lunge is Volbeat only, no parent can have Lunge + Dizzy Punch
  • Dizzy Punch is Volbeat only, no parent can have Lunge + Dizzy Punch

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY (DaWoblefet)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8testyourluck-1480873315
Towards the end of the match, (turn 28, but maybe start watching at turn 26) Clefable got forced into struggle even though it had 5PP left. This remained even after switching out and back in so it wasn't due to Gengar's Cursed body (which was suppressed by core enforcer anyway) and Clefable was not holding an item. Am I missing something?

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, as Dorron says, extra Metronome PP was deducted from Pressure (DaWoblefet)

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
This is more mostly not impactful movepool legality stuff, but it does actually have some pretty relevant implications for gens 5-7 formats, particularly Disable + Sludge Wave on Gengar not being caught as an illegal move set.

1640711467824.png

Special Dream World only attacks can't be used together with other special Dream World only attacks, unless the Pokemon also gets the attack from somewhere else in its movepool, other than its egg moves.

The Pokemon you took to your cartridge from the Dream World only got one special attack, if any. If a Pokemon has a unique attack, like a Gen 4 TM or Tutor that didn't come back as B2W2 Tutor attack, it's incompatible with the other dream world move and the Pokemon's egg movepool.

Since this is an 11 year old method of a Pokemon getting moves that has been totally inaccessible for nearly 8, I just want to go ahead and take the extra time to clearly verify this is the case for peace of mind for it's implementation. The old released dream world move verification thread is suffering through some major linkrot, but it still has enough functioning screenshots to show how special moves worked:

1640711675225.png

1640711736742.png

You can only take one of three attacks home, usually a level up move and two egg or past tutor moves. The other moves will just be filler from whatever the Pokemon's normal level up movepool is at that point. You can't have both, and that causes issues when there are two cases of that being the only way to get that move on that Pokemon with an HA. Notably, this previously prevented stuff from being accessed in BW1 OU, like Outrage + Dragon Dance Moxie Salamence, until B2W2 tutors arrived.

I also personally have some Pokemon in my entralink still, so I went ahead and personally verified this was the case with a fresh catch.

1640712574183.png1640712528272.png

For Gen 5, these are the problematic Pokemon who have attack combos through doubling up on dream world moves. They can't access these combos of moves or these combos with an HA through some other way by level up, chain breeding, or B2W2 tutors:

Beedrill - Air Cutter + Fury Cutter
Pidgey - Steel Wing + Secret Power
Spearow - Steel Wing + Faint Attack
Meowth - Secret Power + Hypnosis
Psyduck - Brine + Encore
Growlithe - Body Slam + Endure
Poliwhirl - Water Pulse + Haze
Gastly - Sludge Wave + Disable
Krabby - Amnesia + Secret Power
Rhyhorn - Double-Edge + Counter
Eevee- Charm + Swift
Misdreavus - Destiny Bond + Inferno
Qwilfish - Aqua Jet + Secret Power
Lotad - Leech Seed + Water Pulse
Tailow - Endure + Mirror Move, Endure + Brave Bird
Wingull - Twister + Shock Wave
Slakoth - Night Slash + Sucker Punch
Meditite - Endure + Drain Punch
Roselia - Sleep Power + Swift
Spinda - Fake Out + Superpower
Castform - Water Pulse + Ominous Wind
Tropius - Leech Seed + Silver Wind
Snorunt - Weather Ball + Water Pulse
Clamperl - Captivate + Aqua Ring
Buizel - Slash + Water Pulse
Cherubi - Bullet Seed + Heal Pulse
Shellos - Secret Power + Yawn
Glameow - Secret Power + Assurance
Riolu - Bullet Punch + Focus Punch

All of the Dream World event Pokemon, such as Cotton Guard Banette and False Swipe Jumpluff, seem to not allow any other dream world moves, probably because they're coded in as events.

As an aside, Beedrill and Butterfree also shouldn't have access to any of their earlier evolution's exclusive attacks, but I think evolutions getting pre evo exclusive attacks they shouldn't is a pretty well known bug without an easy solution.

BUG STATUS: FIXED (#9057)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)