Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro

Guess who just crawled out the mud, the mire
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
When searching for and clicking on a move in the Dex site ( https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/ ) an overlay pops up containing various information about the move itself (eg. Base Power, Accuracy, PP, Pokemon that learn it, etc.)

The same is not occurring when an ability is searched for. When searching for and clicking on any ability, nothing happens whatsoever. I'm not sure whether or not this part is intentional, however clicking an Ability seems to break the above functionality for moves - after clicking on an ability, the overlay doesn't pop up as expected when clicking on a move in the same session. Refreshing fixes this.

I'm pretty poor at wording things sometimes so here are screenshots of what I mean:

1640743372590.png

1640743561396.png

If further info is required feel free to call me names and I'll provide it (:

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia

Last edited by a moderator:
EJECT PACK ABILITY INTERACTION BUG

I found a Eject Pack Interaction that works differently on showdown than on console:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series11-1482294968-0oqxnccnsrjxeuxl6aw30605rypvz90pw

In this replay you see that the eject pack gets triggered by Landorus intimidate BEFORE Groudons drought goes off.

But in this video from James Baek on minute 13:00 you see that on console Drought still gets activated before eject pack gets triggered.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) this is a known bug (DaWoblefet)

We just had a tour in the italian room that had these custom rules:

1640962738814.png

However, someone managed to enter the tour with a Swalot, this is the replay https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1482969166

And this is the server timestamp for that battle

1640963000971.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, because National Dex allows Pokemon that don't exist in Generation 8 (like Swalot), it overrides the -All Pokemon ban and is intentionally done so. See this post by Karthik for more details (DaWoblefet)

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Userlist not updating correctly to reflect a user's status (busy / idle) and not removing names from the list if the user left the room.

[20:25:18] +Amaluna: can you /clearstatus please? need to verify if this is a bug
[20:25:38] chunkai: i dont have a status
[20:25:43] chunkai: let me set one
[20:25:45] +Amaluna: that's all i needed to know, thanks

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Moves with “???” typing showing up when sorting by highest PWR.
DF470277-5C47-41D8-B828-141475F7D4A7.jpeg

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER this is easiest to see with Smeargle in National Dex (DaWoblefet)

My game can't end, I don't know why.
1641353204892.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED (A botched update broke the timer but its fixed now) (HoeenHero)

So this showdown battle room was acting very strange just now. First, I noticed the timer would not forfeit my opponent. I tried multiple things like leaving and rejoining the room, and resetting the timer. Didn't work. Then I realized there were technically no people in the room even though I was there and my opponent was supposedly there, and that it was telling me the battle needed more players even though it listed two of us. It's like we were in the room and not at the same time. My opponent may not have even been aware of this battle room at all. It wouldn't let me forfeit, and I couldn't grab a replay. So I grabbed screenshots instead. Maybe it's a glitch, rather than an actual bug, but seeing as someone above me just posted a similar issue with a battle being unendable I thought I'd share.

This is the expired battle room link, if it helps anything: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen8ou-1485570093

Screenshot_20220104-210843_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220104-210909_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220104-211028_Chrome.jpg
BUG STATUS: FIXED (See the above post, its the same issue and its already been fixed) (HoeenHero)

Hi, I played 12 games but my Gxe doesn't show up could someone help me out please and thank you.

FormatEloGXEGlicko-1WLTotal
User: windsom
[Gen 8] OU13381760 ± 104 (provisional)12012

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, GXE won't show up until after playing many games on the ladder. 12 is too few (DaWoblefet)

Reactions: TGA

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Dex often doesn't load if looking up Abilities. Asked around and many people seem to experience the same thing.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia

Reactions: TGA
I have found a bug which prevents Zarude from recovering HP using Jungle Healing if it's poisoned and it has lost a maximum of 12% health. Zarude has Leftovers and Grassy Terrain is up. I'll leave the screenshots here. Thanks for your help

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

Attachments

I got this bug. Its say your name contain emojis , which this room doesnt allowed. But you see here I dont have any emojis in my name
1641476340132.png
1641476212765.png

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, we'd need to inspect your username next time you're online (DaWoblefet)

Shiny Genesect is being rejected if it doesn't have an event exclusive move it needs to be shiny to have (shift gear, blaze kick, or extreme speed).
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 7.09.22 PM.png
This is similar to this bug from a while ago, which was affecting Zeraora, although in this case, it doesn't validate correctly if you have Techno Blast, despite the shiny event Genesect having it. I assume this also occurs with other Pokemon that have event-only shiny forms, though I haven't tested.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
National Dex Monotype Teambuilder shouldn't have Ultra Necrozma and Zygarde-Complete listed as available pokemon, especially the latter since Power Construct is banned.

zygc.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Hi.
In the settings of the game we can change the language.
However when I select french nothing happen.
The translation just don't work or there is no french translation available ?

BUG STATUS - NOT A BUG: For now, our translations only change the replies of (some) commands. We're working on better support, but that's blocked on the Preact client overhaul. (Mia)
-- :charizard-gmax:

When changing the sound settings, if you try to set an option to zero, it visually resets to the default once you click away from the popup. The sound is still actually muted.
https://streamable.com/ntopyp video showing what I mean

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Frixel

Double down
is a Social Media Contributor
I logged on ps, played the first match of a nu tour.

I pressed "ready" for the 2nd, it got me into the match and displayed this:

Well here's another one:

I was trying to switch alts and got this super weird message
thing is, I've never actually joined that tour

FrostPixel edit:

Similiar bug to the 2nd one; however, this time I actually joined the tour and used /tour sub.
J0rdy004 ♫ has joined the tournament, replacing Frixel.
Nevertheless, none of us is still in the tour and still doesn't allow renaming

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I'd bet this has to do with the wrong format loading bug, but it's not super clear how to reproduce this (DaWoblefet)

Playing a challenge in AG- When dynamaxing Kyogre, it appears as my background, animated.
87D552E3-9401-474F-9899-02674DB37D86.jpeg

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, you accidentally dragged the Kyogre sprite to your background. Karthik's made a change to make it so you have to confirm your action, though (DaWoblefet).

Using a shiny Genesect with only special attacking moves will show a prompt that Genesect needs to match one of its events, despite shiny Genesect being able to learn all the moves used. This appears to be consistent for all formats where Genesect is legal. Furthermore, changing one of its moves to any physical move makes its moveset legal. Screenshots below.
Genesect bug.png
Genesect bug2.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see Hematite's reply below (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)