Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
There is bug in the gen 7 teambuilder that changes the IVs for Sample sets featuring hidden power. For example, if I click on LO Kyurem Black, it changes the IVs to 30 speed, 30 attack and 30 special attack. You can see an example of the glitch in the attached imagine. A similar glitch occurs with every Hidden Power user. Note that this does NOT happen when you add Hidden Power manually, it only happens when you click on a sample set with hidden power.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I think this ladder game is somehow bugged? I'm really unsure as to how Regieleki OHKOed Raichu on turn one when Raichu is holding an Assault Vest? There was no helping hand or anything to help it get that OHKO. Raichu 100% is holding that item and is in the code or whatever just in case I am to be questioned if I forgot to attach it.
252+ SpA Life Orb Regieleki Max Strike (150 BP) vs. 20 HP / 140 SpD Assault Vest Raichu: 70-83 (50.7 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2022-1595933887-8eeugr8263ra9mvsza0oz5sze9vi6h9pw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this was physical Regieleki (DaWoblefet)

Hello everyone! A nice day for a little bug report. I encountered this bug for the first time in a tournament match a few hours ago. Over the course of two hours, I believe that I have isolated the bug and found many instances where it can occur. In the original match, my opponent's Incineroar used Parting Shot and it "shuffled" the order of their team, as well as removing Parting Shot from Incineroar's list of known moves. This bug caught my attention, and the details are as follows:
Original Match
Original Bug Replication
From this first match I managed to prove to myself, the tournament organizers, and everyone else that had heard about the bug that it was caused when one Pokemon fainted and its partner pivoted out, then took its place in the active slot.

Further testing:
In conclusion, in a double battle, if the one Pokemon faints and the other pivots, and Pokemon that pivoted is brought back in as the replacement to the fainted partner, it is shifted to the last slot on the side panel's Pokemon list and clears all existing data for the pivoting Pokemon aside from HP percentage. This is entirely a visual glitch for both players.

I hope I did enough so that you guys are able to locate the issue and fix it. Just saw it was weird, and I was a little bored, so I decided to investigate. Thanks so much!

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) I've seen this before myself but never bothered to track it down. Thanks for the hard work! (DaWoblefet)

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
It seems that if someone challenges you with a username that could be a url ending in .edu, their name becomes hyperlinked and clickable in the PM box.

Happened to me with a random here:
1655309554568.png

and I tested it against myself here and it worked as well, with the link going to the full website after going through PS' external link page.
1655309669014.png

.org .net and .com names are filtered, but .edu seems to have slipped through.

this also happens when inviting to rooms and promoting, but not when the name is mentioned in the context of a tournament. seen here:
1655315435644.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

I found two bugs in Gen 8 where Eject pack is triggered at the beginning of the first turn before my Pokemon ability resolves causing two unintended effects:

- Drought doesn't get activated prior to Eject Pack triggering
- My new Pokemon gets intimidated by the second Initimidate user

Scenario:
Coltor (Torkoal) @ Eject Pack
Ability: Drought
Level: 50
EVs: 220 Def / 252 SpA / 36 SpD
Modest Nature

VS

Incineroar @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def

Expected behavior: Both intimidate users are faster than Torkoal who's holding Eject Pack. Both Intimidate abilities should resolve normally, then Drought should activate and finally Eject Pack should trigger, leaving the Harsh sun.

Actual behavior: First intimidate resolves, right after the stats are lowered and before Drought activates Eject pack triggers, I bring the new Pokemon. Then the second intimidate triggers.

Here's a demo replay in SD: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2022-1597632990
Here's a video in Sword: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17WlqFa4r29DZMNdzQE6PSJ2Yx3xdcQG-/view?usp=sharing

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) Eject Pack is already known to have very incorrect timing on showdown (Karthik)

Last edited:
Hi, unsure if this is the right place to post this (not a battle mechanic or chat command but idk if there's another thread for this, if so please lmk), kinda forgot to post since it happened, but it's about maybe a timer display issue that occurred during Round 2 of BLT in my game. I selected a move when I had 4 seconds left on the timer. A few moments later, when the timer was still displaying 4 seconds, I cancelled and attempted to click Knock Off right away, but I instantly lost to timer when I cancelled. I was recording my game, so this is my perspective of when it happened:
Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1587267578-nr5qi4mmsvazslcfhokayo4370xcyiipw
Unsure if this is a display bug or some lag or something, but the timer clearly wasn't displaying the actual amount of time I had left. I've been told it was worth mentioning just in case, so here I am.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

You can use Steel Beam on Heatran on all Showdown ladders that Heatran is legal, but Heatran only learns Steel Beam through PLA and gets it wiped when transferred to SWSH.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Steel Beam is a tutor move in Sword and Shield, which Heatran learns there. (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

I don't know if this is a known issue, but my opponent had a Zoroark in their random battles team, and even though the illusion wasn't revealed in any way (that I can think of), the simulator decided to reveal me the Zoroark at the end of turn 13. It's worth noting that Togedemaru used Iron Head at turn 1, but neither it nor Zoroark took any damage.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1600957061-zvi7pjmu33hr621x1svrx9gby66p2uppw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Togedemaru and Zoroark were different levels, which leaked Zoroark (DaWoblefet)

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
1655865519456.png

1655865532734.png

got this error trying to load into a tier shift game, not sure of the exact error but it worked after clicking ok and ready again
Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Knock Off

Raikou @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Nidoqueen (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpA / 72 SpD / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Milotic @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Flip Turn

Crobat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) this happens when you add/remove a team in the teambuilder while you have a team selected for a room tournament (DaWoblefet)

I think I found a bug in Generation 1 RBY.

My pokemon: Snorlax
His pokemon: Tauros at 100%

No boosts or anything.

My Snorlax used Bodyslam (85 Power) and it did critical damage for 99.9%.

snorlaxcrit.png

According to RBY damage calculators, it should deal 65,4% at most. If the opponent removed all DVs, it should cap out at 80.8%.

Is it some sort of 1 in 255 wonky crit that deals bugged damage or some reflect carry-over-bug that lets it take 2x damage?
(I have no idea about technical implications/bugs)

The replay is here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-1601586273-3nvu83h61jvhlwgnxkkabe59zv2s6wwpw (Turn 23).

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, the opponent didn't actually max out their HP or Def EVs at all. So they had 15 HP and 15 Def DVs and no EVs at all in those stats (DaWoblefet)

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello, posting in the name of C47-C47 in PS.

In this battle during turn, 4 Exeggutor used Explosion while Farfetch'd was in the semi-invulnerable part of Fly, however, Exeggutor did not faint and remained alive even though the attack missed, only fainting after it was defeated by Fly.
It seems like a similar situation to the Explosion-Substitute interaction, however, there was no substitute here.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-1601984016

There are no references to this instance in the wikis
Is it a bug?

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) and I also don't know what this client message is either - that string " can't be hit while flying!" isn't what plays in English Yellow (DaWoblefet)

curse does not show up as an attack or defense raising move when doing /ms (for non ghosts)
1656249251439.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

In gen 2, the description of stun spore states "this move does not ignore type immunity" however, theres no typing with a grass immunity. I have not checked for other gens

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT), this is minimally not especially clear (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

When an illusioned Zoruark (haven't tested with Zorua) dynamaxes and then loses its illusion, it does not appear dynamaxed, but is still dynamaxed and can still use max moves.
Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1606319752
If you pause and jump to turn 13, you can see that the Zoruark is dynamaxed. If you go back to turn 12 and unpause it, you can see that when it's attacked, the dynamaxed Aromatisse turns into an undynamaxed Zoruark, which still uses max flare, and if you continue watching for the next turn, it still appears undynamaxed, despite it appearing dynamaxed when you jumped to turn 13 originally, and it uses max darkness, so it's clearly still dynamaxed.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Discovered a weird glitch in which Entrainment is successfully bounced through Magic Bounce in battle, but the text and the battle client implies that Magic Bounce was removed through Entrainment even though it was not. This must be a relatively new bug as I've encountered this same scenario dozens of times with no issues in Gen 7 BH (and if this is a new mechanic, it might be helpful to add it to the "not bugs" thread :p).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-1607650235 (turn 28) - attached is a screenshot showing that the battle client also believes I have Normalize.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT), this is because a suppressed Ability (from Core Enforcer) was replaced. So Normalize was the Ability here, but it was suppressed from Core Enforcer. The display is the only thing wrong (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Hi there, Bulbapedia's description on Desolate Land mentions: If the only Pokémon on the field with Desolate Land is rotated out or switched out, or has its Ability suppressed or replaced, the harsh sunlight will dissipate.

Opponent Volt Switched into Primal-Groudon on the turn I switched in Galar Weezing. Neutralizing Gas did not stop the sun.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1607698957

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

Reactions: MTB
A user reported to me that clicking the showdown usage sample set on the national dex teambuilder for Xurkitree is generating a set with Psychium Z but without a psychic-type move to make use of it:

Code:
Xurkitree @ Psychium Z 
Ability: Beast Boost 
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Thunderbolt 
- Energy Ball 
- Tail Glow 
- Dazzling Gleam
BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, this happens in National Dex OU for the "Showdown Usage" set (DaWoblefet)

I believe I found a bug in the teambuilder for Gen 4 OU. The following set is rejected when validating:

Toxicroak @ Expert Belt
Ability: Anticipation
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Cross Chop
- Fake Out
- Gunk Shot

The tooltip appearing states the following:
Toxicroak can't get its egg move combination (bulletpunch, crosschop, fakeout) from any possible father.

However, I believe there is a way to chain breed this move combination.
In Gen 4, Hitmonchan can learn Bullet Punch at lvl 16 and pass it on to Machop/Machoke/Machamp via breeding.
Machamp learns Cross Chop at lvl 40 and can pass on both moves to Makuhita/Hariyama.
Hariyama learns Fake Out at lvl 13. It should then be possible to pass all 3 moves on to Croagunk/Toxicroak.

When I looked this up, it appeared as if bulbagarden was missing information on chain breeding when it comes to the move Bullet Punch both for Makuhita/Hariyama and Croagunk/Toxicroak:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hariyama_(Pokémon)/Generation_IV_learnset#By_breeding
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Toxicroak_(Pokémon)/Generation_IV_learnset#By_breeding
As can be seen, Hitmonchan is the only Pokémon listed in both instances for passing down that move. However, German Bulbagarden counterpart Pokéwiki for instance lists a much wider range of parents that are capable of passing it down:
e.g. for Hariyama: https://www.pokewiki.de/Hariyama/Attacken#4._Generation (see "Durch Vererbbarkeit" for breeding moves and click "Eltern anzeigen" to toggle the parent display).

BUG STATUS: FIXED (#9751)
:furret: thanks a ton, dot Comfey !

Toxicroak can't get its egg move combination (bulletpunch, crosschop, fakeout) from any possible father.
This is because the team validator is only capable of calculating chain breeding for a single egg move, so if you have just Bullet Punch and Cross Chop it's OK (because it finds a different father) but if you then add in Fake Out it's too much as both Bullet Punch and Cross Chop need to be chain bred.

Reactions: MTB
Curry Ingredient Items (Such as bread) cannot be selected as an item. This is more or less an oversight, as you can use these as held items in battle in SwSh. This is more of an inconvenience than a serious bug, but transporting my trick bread poltergeist strategy over is currently impossible.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Showdown doesn't necessarily support held items if they are competitively irrelevant. If you wanted them included, that'd belong in Suggestions. (DaWoblefet)

Emergency Exit didn't work as intended in an RU match. With a backup mon, golisopod was brought down under half for the first time and the ability didn't activate. However, the start of the next turn, it forced them to switch out without saying the ability activated.
Here's the link to the battle:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1611997961

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see DrPumpkinz's post below (DaWoblefet)

Emergency Exit didn't work as intended in an RU match. With a backup mon, golisopod was brought down under half for the first time and the ability didn't activate. However, the start of the next turn, it forced them to switch out without saying the ability activated.
Here's the link to the battle:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1611997961
One of the many weird things that Sheer Force negates is Emergency Exit.

Your opponent, likely assuming that they were forced to switch and not realizing the turn had already ended, hard-switched into Rotom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)