Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Teambuilder bug/validator issue: in Gen 5, the elemental monkeys (Pansage/Pansear/Panpour and their evolutions) cannot have Nasty Plot while also having their Hidden Abilities of Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent as Nasty Plot is an egg move for all three and the Global Link distribution that gave them their Hidden Abilities had them gender-locked to male and this was before male Pokemon could pass down Hidden Abilities. None of the on-site analyses have any of these combinations and Simisage's even mentions not being able to run Bullet Seed+Overgrow due to the same issue but they are still valid in teambuilder. There are some other moves this could affect with these mons, but Nasty Plot is the most relevant for all 3.
source

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet, always nice to correct analyses with illegal sets :D

Last edited by a moderator:
In (Gen 8) Metronome Battle, two-turn moves or charge moves are broken. Strangely, they seem to always work for one player but fail for the other, or something close to this. My friend and I have played many of these, and regardless of who challenges and what Pokémon we use, my Pokémon successfully execute damaging two-turn moves, but his Pokémon always have them fail. (Geomancy, a charge move with no target, does work though).
Replay 1, I challenged. Both players roll Skull Bash once in this game, but it worked on my side and not on his.
Replay 2, opponent challenged Opponent rolls Dive, which fails
This has happened many times and two-turn moves always function like this.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, as Champfernape correctly states, you were holding a Choice item with Magcargo (DaWoblefet)

In (Gen 8) Natdex AG, I equipped a Pikachu-World with a Pikashunium Z and the move Thunderbolt. However, I found myself unable to use the 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt Z-Move despite having Pikachu equipped with the proper Z-Crystal. I assumed Pikachu-World would be able to use the Z-Move the same way the other Pikachu-Hats were able to as I was able to do it with Pikachu-Alola, but the prompt for Z-Move didn't show up with Pikachu-World. Fundamentally, Pikachu-World should function the same as the other Pikachu-Caps despite being introduced in Gen 8 and thus have compatibility with the Z-Move.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, National Dex uses made-up mechanics, so it'd be up to them to decide whether or not Pikachu-World can use Pikashunium Z (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

In (Gen 8) Metronome Battle, two-turn moves or charge moves are broken. Strangely, they seem to always work for one player but fail for the other, or something close to this. My friend and I have played many of these, and regardless of who challenges and what Pokémon we use, my Pokémon successfully execute damaging two-turn moves, but his Pokémon always have them fail. (Geomancy, a charge move with no target, does work though).
Replay 1, I challenged. Both players roll Skull Bash once in this game, but it worked on my side and not on his.
Replay 2, opponent challenged Opponent rolls Dive, which fails
This has happened many times and two-turn moves always function like this.
Two turn moves fail if you have a choice item equipped, I suppose that's what's causing it

In (Gen 8) Natdex AG, I equipped a Pikachu-World with a Pikashunium Z and the move Thunderbolt. However, I found myself unable to use the 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt Z-Move despite having Pikachu equipped with the proper Z-Crystal. I assumed Pikachu-World would be able to use the Z-Move the same way the other Pikachu-Hats were able to as I was able to do it with Pikachu-Alola, but the prompt for Z-Move didn't show up with Pikachu-World. Fundamentally, Pikachu-World should function the same as the other Pikachu-Caps despite being introduced in Gen 8 and thus have compatibility with the Z-Move.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, National Dex uses made-up mechanics, so it'd be up to them to decide whether or not Pikachu-World can use Pikashunium Z (DaWoblefet)
follow up to this.

Since when can Galarian Slowbro Mega Evolve?

sets an awkward precedent when Galarian Slowbro can Mega Evolve but Pikachu-World can't use 10,000,000 volt thunderbolt
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1613269136

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Still NatDex choices, please go to their Q&A thread (check if this hasn't been answered before) and ask there, or on the NatDex room on PS! (Irpachuza)

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Perhaps I overlooked something here...
In turn 1 of this battle, my Prankster-Klefki is able to use Reflect against Tyranitaur [Dark-type].
During turn 5, Klefki's defog correctly fails due to prankster.
Shouldn't Reflect have failed during turn 1?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1614207835
Dark type blocks Prankster moves that are targeted at them, not moves that affect the field like Reflect, Sunny Day, Haze, Spikes, etc. Defog targets an opponent, so it was blocked by Tyranitar’s Dark type.

Teambuilder bug: Currently in the BDSP teambuilder there are a few moves that are listed as egg moves but unbreedable as the parent Pokémon can only come from other games and the Pokémon cannot be caught in the Grand Underground. These are hopefully all of them, but there could be more I'm missing. EDIT: There is a list on Bulbapedia of the unobtainable egg moves: list
Snorlax: Power-Up Punch
Taillow line: Boomburst
Plusle: Tearful Look
Minun: Tearful Look
Luvdisc: Heal Pulse
Starly line: Detect
Chatot: Boomburst, Encore
Spiritomb: Foul Play
Thank you!

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, they are in fact unusable in a real game, they just display as legal (DaWoblefet)

So for some reason when i try to start a gen 5 battle it says " Azumarill can't get its egg move combination (bellydrum, aquajet) from any possible father." Which actually isnt true. You can do it by breeding a Azumaril and A floatzel with aqua jet until you get a female Azuril with Aqua jet. Then breed that Azumaril with a male Polywhirl or Polywag with Belly Drum Until you have an Azumaril that gets both Belly Drum And Aqua Jet.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see below (DaWoblefet)

So for some reason when i try to start a gen 5 battle it says " Azumarill can't get its egg move combination (bellydrum, aquajet) from any possible father." Which actually isnt true. You can do it by breeding a Azumaril and A floatzel with aqua jet until you get a female Azuril with Aqua jet. Then breed that Azumaril with a male Polywhirl or Polywag with Belly Drum Until you have an Azumaril that gets both Belly Drum And Aqua Jet.
This isn't a bug; egg moves could only be inherited from the father prior to generation VI. The final Azumarill would only have Belly Drum.

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
I found a bug in random doubles. Obstagoon dynamaxed and max lightning and not max strike (from facade)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1616173571-wee136donftxwlb0v79w066cwtgf4ghpw
Not a bug, Plasma Fists turns all normal type moves into electric type moves for the remainder of the turn, even on your side of the field. Your Obstagoon’s Max Strike was changed to Max Lightning because of this and it’s the same reason that Zeraora had its HP restored by Volt Absorb when hit by Tri Attack the same turn.

In the team builder, if you're making a generation 2 team, the Dragon Scale is listed under Useless Items, even though it boosts Dragon-type moves power by 1.1x. All the other move-boosting items are listed under Items, such as Charcoal and Magnet.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Attachments

1657817057345.png

There's a inconsistency in the number of points I have, as shown in the image

Here´s the replay of the battle if needed: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1617219995-7nam8wn5tbuagxopi95fk7a0mog28d0pw

Edit: Screenshot with the points over my Avatar
1657818562653.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER, the ladder update at the end of the battle and hovering over your avatar are just estimates of your current rank. /rank, and whatever appears on the ladder itself are the true values. To fix this would require a significant overhaul of the ladder database (DaWoblefet)

I've read about half the pages of bugs to see if it was a problem and couldn't find it. In gen 4 OU Bibarep equipped with simple does not gain the doubled benefits when using stat moves, also it's image doesn't load

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1617581103

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - SPRITE, the sprite issue is correct, but the Simple issue isn't a bug. In Gen IV, Simple doubles the stats but does not do so visually (DaWoblefet)

I've read about half the pages of bugs to see if it was a problem and couldn't find it. In gen 4 OU Bibarep equipped with simple does not gain the doubled benefits when using stat moves, also it's image doesn't load

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1617581103
Simple works differently in Gen 4 than it does later. In Gen 4 it just causes a Pokémon with simple to have its stat stages treated as double what it actually has rather than doubling how may the Pokémon gets.

I don't understand... so it doesn't get the boosts? Just says it does?
The other way around. It doesn't say it gets the extra boosts, but it actually gets them. E.g. if you have +1attack then the game treats it as if it were +2attack. But for the purpose of stuff like Baton Pass it is still a single boost.

Hello I am here to report a inaccuracy with the move Sleep Talk on Pokemon Showdown. Today I was playing a Gen 3 Random battle and I had a Magcargo with Rest, Sleep Talk, Fire Blast and HP Grass. I had run out of PP with Fire Blast, but continued to use Rest and Sleep Talk, because I knew Sleep Talk doesn't draw upon the the move's PP when randomly selected. My Magcargo was asleep and clicks Sleep Talk, the opponent switches in Metagross, and Sleep Talk selects Fire Blast but then a message reads "Fire Blast unavailable due to insufficient PP". Needless to say I was disappointed and immediately looked into Sleep Talk on bulbapedia to confirm its mechanics. I forgot to upload the replay before the page went offline, but I downloaded the battle and it can be seen here: content://com.android.providers.downloads.documents/document/69

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, While I can't say for certain without the replay, based on your description of what happened I will say that this is not a bug. In Gen 3 only, Sleep Talk can call moves with 0 pp, but will fail to execute them. Even Bulbapedia's page for Sleep Talk mentions this for Gen 3 (Karthik)

I encountered a strange visual bug involving Illusion and Leech Seed. I sent out a Zoroark disguised as a Hoopa. My opponent Leech Seeded me, then later took me out with an attack that simultaniously broke Illusion. When I sent out my Gardevoir, however, the Leech Seed graphic stayed under it. This glitch continued until I sent in my actual Hoopa, at which point the seeds disappeared. In the replay, the glitch appears to fix itself by using the Next Turn / Last Turn buttons

Original Occurrence (glitch happens on turn 7) : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6randombattle-1620935645
A Recreation of the Glitch: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1620943645

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Possibly a few vital bugs in metronome battle.
After a few battles I noticed the following things were possible with your team:

Mega-pokémon are not required to have their mega stone, therefore technically allowing you to have 2 items.
All stats can be maxed, there is no maximum iv's.

I found both of these while using the teambuilder with mega-ampharos. It allowed me to use it in-game.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, that's just how Metronome format works (DaWoblefet)

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
If you are seeing a bunch of red error messages while playing / spectating, refresh Showdown to fix it. You may have to hard refresh to fix it.

The bug is known, there is no need to further report it here. Because there is already a solution for the problem, we are deleting any posts reporting it. We cannot do anything more to fix it beyond telling you to refresh Showdown to fix it.

Last edited:

LurkerBurger

Mediocrity is a game and I'm mid at it.
This is a weird one but Tauros used Hyper Beam and didn't kill, but did not need to recharge.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-1627807350
It is turn 18/19 I believe. Thanks!

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, setting the flinch flag at any point removes the need to recharge in Gen 1. Low Kick "flinched" Tauros, so it was able to attack again immediately (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)