Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Not sure if this counts as a bug as the tier isn't properly implemented, but the re-evolution mod isn't working on battle forme changes, this is mostly relevant with Aegislash, but also affects Darmanitan-Zen and mega evolutions.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1627916750
The "intended" implementation would be something similar to mix and mega where the current base form receive the corresponding stats changes of the new form, so re-evolution mod Aegislash should get +90Atk, +90SpA,-90Def,-90SpD from changing forme instead of just becoming the same as its in standard play.

BUG STATUS: WRONG PLACE, if the implementation of a mod is wrong, the creators of the mod should adjust it to match what the made-up behavior should be. Since you're the OP of the Re-Evolution thread, I assume you're in charge, and you can just ask someone to change the made-up behavior (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bug - During random battle, enemy swaps in Zoroark impostered as toxapex after ko BUT shows enemy that its a Toxapex while revealing
zoroark

the events of turn 6
NaruZKurai ko's sceptile
pinik swaps in "toxapex"
team reveals Zoroark sprite without sprite showing zoroark
turn 6 ends

link to replay
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-162843276

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG. Zoroark reveals itself when the level differs from the illusioned Pokemon if the latter has been revealed already (Irpachuza)

Attachments

excuse me,I am not sure if this is a bug or not but bulbapedia says that the move copycat(not to be confused with assist) does NOT activate if the last move used was roar except from gen 4.
but in pokemon showdown in gen 5 if your riolu uses roar and on the next turn uses copycat then copycat activates normally and you can spam +1 roar all you want.
either bulbapedia got things wrong or pokemon showdown.
I don't see this in the "not bugs" list,so I am assuming that it is pokemon showdown's fault.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-1628591894 (just pay attention to the first 2 rounds here, I spammed roar afterwards because I didn't want the game to last too long).

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see below for cart footage of the interaction in Gen V (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

GoldCat

BOSSARU CUP WINNER
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a defending SCL Champion
excuse me,I am not sure if this is a bug or not but bulbapedia says that the move copycat(not to be confused with assist) does NOT activate if the last move used was roar except from gen 4.
but in pokemon showdown in gen 5 if your riolu uses roar and on the next turn uses copycat then copycat activates normally and you can spam +1 roar all you want.
either bulbapedia got things wrong or pokemon showdown.
I don't see this in the "not bugs" list,so I am assuming that it is pokemon showdown's fault.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-1628591894 (just pay attention to the first 2 rounds here, I spammed roar afterwards because I didn't want the game to last too long).

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER), you shouldn't be able to call Roar with Copycat in Gen V (DaWoblefet)
Bulbapedia got it wrong.

Murm

formerly Murman
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I believe GSC Rage is programmed incorrectly. On PS!, you can change your move after using Rage, and if you get hit after using Rage, your attack stat raises, and all of your moves are boosted. An example is in this replay, where Double-Edge is clearly boosted in power after using Rage: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen21v1-1630090921-epm1onq0jnd43c1jf0jr4e437fib5fcpw

Dodrio Double-Edge vs. Skarmory: 54-64 (16.2 - 19.2%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 Dodrio Double-Edge vs. Skarmory: 109-129 (32.7 - 38.7%) -- 5.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I tested it out of Pokemon Crystal, with a level 7 Totodile, since it gets Rage at that level, and a wild level 3 Geodude, since it can tank attacks early. When I used Scratch, it did not do much damage, and after getting multiple rage boosts, it still did very little, the same small amount. Rage only boosted the power of Rage, which it does not do on PS!. Thank you so much!

Edit: Here's a video of the proof, I recorded it in Pokemon Crystal with the steps above. You can see that even after multiple Rages, Scratch does miniscule damage.

Lvl 7 Totodile Scratch vs. Lvl 3 Geodude: 2-3 (11.7 - 17.6%) -- possible 6HKO
+2 Lvl 7 Totodile Scratch vs. Lvl 3 Geodude: 5-6 (29.4 - 35.2%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO

Tysm again!

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) thanks for the cart footage! (DaWoblefet)

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
1659548347637.png

!as water does not pull up steam engine, even though steam engine contains "water" in its description

BUG STATUS: FIXED by sparksblade

I don't have the replay because I forgot to save, but on randbats gen 8 got tricked toxic orb on salazzle and it toxiced me. Assume it's not supposed to be that way

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Corrosion Toxic Orb will poison yourself even if you are a Poison-type (DaWoblefet)

[Gen 8] Random Battle replay: Pok3monTrainerBlue vs. Pok3monTrainerRed

Turn 10, the opposing linoone with 4x swords dance (664 atk) ONLY does 21.5 %.

Me and a brother were in awe bc I swear my team was boutta get sweeped.

If this is not a bug please tell me what the f__ happened here.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, you didn't give a working replay file, but if I had to guess, the opponent had the Ability Unaware (DaWoblefet)

Hello,
You can check speed before weather comes in to know what your opponent sends out. Basically, I was able to know that my opponent was sending in groudon, as my chlorophyll venusaur already showed it's speed doubled, even with clear weather. This allowed me to know that my opponent was sending in groudon as it was the only pokemon on their team that had drought.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I am not sure what exactly you're reporting as a bug. Please provide a replay with a detailed description of what the incorrect behavior is supposed to be here (DaWoblefet)

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I think I found a display error when it comes to accuracy in RBY battles. I noticed in this game that when I was at x0.5 accuracy, the display when hovering over the move was well above 50%. I noticed further that when I was at x0.4 accuracy, the display when hovering over the move was right around 50%. I have no doubt that the correct accuracy is implemented, I just think that there's an error in what accuracy is being displayed, unless I'm getting math wrong or something lol.

Apologies for not taking a screencap, I didn't think of it in the moment. Thanks!

EDIT: Lily tested and provided a screenshot that shows where the numbers don't equal each other

1659647031239.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Potentially wrong interaction between Ice Face and Photon Geyser/Light that Burns The Sky (in NatDex AG obviously).

To my understanding
1) Ice Face is supposed to activate when hit by a physical move,
2) Photon Geyser/Light that Burns The Sky are supposed to be physical moves if the user's Atk is strictly greater than its SpA.
I thus put 252 Atk EVs on an Ultra Necrozma so that Photon Geyser/Light that Burns The Sky are physical moves. Therefore Eiscue with Ice Face hit by one of these moves should activate.

Nevertheless, Ice Face does not trigger, as can be seen in the following replay:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1632713590-h2xq8lz5kl9kilka6zq4e7jxrpxnmgfpw
I even put a Kee berry to show that at some point in the damage calc the move is physical, since the Kee berry is eaten, but somehow Ice Face doesn't activate, but then it activates as expected when hit by Earthquake afterwards.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG Photon Geyser and LTBTS ignore abilities, including triggering Ice Face (Irpachuza).

Mathy

i'm not chien pao
is a Programmeris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Players can't be added to battles created with /importinputlog. Trying to add a player in any way gives the message You cannot join this battle, as you were not originally playing in it.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by me :furret:

Last edited:
Hello
I faced a weird bug today. I didn't record the game replay, sorry. But the bug wasn't visual.
It happened like this:
In random doubles battle, I got Nihilego in first slot and Solrock in second slot.
First turn, I used ally switch with Solrock and Meteor Beam with Nihilego, and in the same turn a Durant used Iron head to K.O. the Solrock after it ally switch-ed.
Since then on, when ever I tried to use any spread type moves from my first slot pokemon (Hyper Voice by Sylveon and Heat wave by Heatran), I was not able to choose any moves for my second pokemon. The second pokemon would auto use a move.
This didn't occur for non spread type moves though.

This bug persisted for the remainder of the battle.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I cannot reproduce this, but it does sound somewhat like the old Metronome bugs where you couldn't choose a move (DaWoblefet)

I don't have any screenshots unfortunately as I was running low on timer while consulting in the Help channel, but I think something is bugged with Misty Terrain Damage.
I was in Randbats, had a Naganadel with Draco Meteor, and it said "Power 65" against a Lunatone with Levitate. Half dragon damage only applies to grounded opponents, not users.
Here is the battle although it won't be useful to anyone, since it was only on my end before clicking the move where it showed half damage. Not sure if it would have actually done half damage or if it was only visual, since opponent switched to a fairy type. Also ignore my opponent, they got locked for harassment lmao

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Technically, Lunatone's Levitate never activated. The tooltips never assume abilities, which is why it showed the reduction in damage from Misty Terrain (Karthik)

yonmd

Formerly Yes or no my dude
is a Tiering Contributor
gmax fireball did not ignore ability
see calc:

+1 Lvl 74 84 Atk Cinderace-Gmax G-Max Fire Ball vs. Lvl 72 84 HP / 84 Def Dynamax Lunala: 240-283 (37.9 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1636505185-y75jm5cdodbft0lb1smo637epf0e5tvpw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Shadow Shield cannot be ignored by moves that ignore abilities. The calc is supposed to account for this behavior, but it seems like the calc you did had a Lunala without Shadow Shield (Karthik)

+1 Lvl 74 84 Atk Cinderace-Gmax G-Max Fire Ball vs. Lvl 72 84 HP / 84 Def Shadow Shield Dynamax Lunala: 120-141 (18.9 - 22.3%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-1636503216 It appears starmie managed to get an impossible roll with crabhammer. It should do a max of 30.4% to chansey but it did above that. We both double checked and we were both maxed out I have no idea how this happened. Strangely enough it happened in multiple battles https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-1636492625
adding onto this post, BuluSimp and I tested this out after noticing that the chansey didn't have any spdef EVs in the showset at the end of the battle.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-1636997291-tzztf27ui9tufwkvb6uvtwu2zxag8mupw <- both chanseys have 308 special, but one seems to have "ghost" spdef evs while the other does not. This was set by loading up a team that did not specify a format into gen 1 Custom Game. This solves the mystery, but I'm still not sure as to whether it's a bug or just how Gen 1 Custom Game is intended to work.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is how I would expect Custom Game to work, since it allows future-gen mechanics, etc. (DaWoblefet)

I was playing in randbats mayhem, and was battling a team that had wonder guard. Everything seemed fine until they sent out mimikyu. I then used a super effective attack and it had no effect, and did not break mimikyu’s disguise. It should have broke disguise even with wonder guard as it was a super effective attack and I’m wondering if it’s a coding error or something.
Here’s the replay (turn 10 is when the glitch occurs):
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattlemayhem-1638902955

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, for a couple reasons; for one, it's impossible to have multiple Abilities on cart, so you couldn't tell what behavior "should" be. But second, Wonder Guard prevents damage in the checks done before move success well before Disguise would break it, so this seems like expected behavior to me (DaWoblefet)

The shiny sprite for male raticate is incorrect: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/ani-shiny/raticate.gif
It is the same image as for shiny female raticate: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/ani-shiny/raticate-f.gif
Compare to the non-shiny male raticate https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/ani/raticate.gif (note the longer whiskers, etc)

Rattata shiny male sprite is also incorrect for the same reason. Outside of the ratatta line, the other gendered shiny sprites seem to be correct.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - SPRITE (DaWoblefet)

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I don't know if this qualifies as a bug or if this is intentional, but the ladder seems to be sent multiple update requests for every ladder game that ends.

For example https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattleblitz-1643991203

End of battle says:
Code:
Quite Quiet won the battle!
Quite Quiet's rating: 1630 → 1645
(+15 for winning)
Get off my DD's rating: 1543 → 1528
(-15 for losing)
☆Get off my DD left
Ladder isn't responding, score probably updated but might not have (Request timeout).
But checking the rating after the battle shows something entirely different:
Userquitequiet
FormatElo
[Gen 8] Random Battle (Blitz)1647

So that first update that shows 1630 → 1645 / 1543 → 1528 seems to either be ignored or not actually an update or something.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER, this isn't a second request - the first one is just an estimate, because the ladder is so slow anymore that it won't reasonably update before the request timeout. The rank you see in /rank or on the ladder is the only correct rank (DaWoblefet)

If this post is in the wrong forum let me know, but I feel it fits best here.

As I recently discovered in a playthrough of Pokemon Pearl, Fury Cutter is not correctly implemented on PS for Gen 4. On console, its power does not reset if the user chooses another move, but on PS, it does.

I've recorded a link battle in Gen 4 (apologies for the potato quality) and a PS replay to demo this discrepancy. The stats of all Pokemon are identical in both of these, Gligar having an Attack of 43, and Slowbro a Defense of 114.

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...008849293857267722/8mb.video-YkZ-Q6LvJ6z2.mp4
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4anythinggoes-1644136522

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) thanks for the cart footage! (DaWoblefet)

Untitled.jpg

Two turn moves counter is showing incorrect PP number against pressure ability. As you can see meteor beam has no more PP but if i hover over the pokemon, the tooltip tells me it has 8 more PP on that move.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, in doubles, you can't assume what the target of Meteor Beam is on the initial turn, which is when PP is deducted. There's too many edge cases to accurately track this in doubles (DaWoblefet)

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
1661206233061.png
1661206332736.png

Any third stage Pokémon that evolves by non-standard means (trading, stones, other items, etc) can pass validation at any level, despite the legality of this, as they have no set evolution level to reference in the code. Here you can see Nidoking being supposedly legal at Level 5 while Nidorino is not; this is definitely not accurate to the games (either neither or both should be legal if you allow access to Pokemon Go transfers). A cheap fix to this would be to make the evo levels of these unspecified Pokemon be that of their previous evolution.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

In a similar vein, it is currently not possible to validate certain Pokemon at levels below their evolution level, despite the fact that they can be accessed via certain wild encounters. See below, for example:
1661206577291.png

Dragonite can be encountered as low as Level 3 in LGPE Route 1, while Gyarados can be encountered as low as Level 1 in BW2's Nature Reserve. I understand that this issue ties into the one explained here though, as Pokemon Go transfer levels provide a very similar technical challenge. Perhaps linking specific old gen examples like the ones above to "events" from their generation, and then setting up Pokemon with levels only legal through Go to be considered as Gen 8 encounters, could solve this, but there's probably issues with that approach that I'm not thinking of yet.

Totally aware none of this is really relevant to any existing metagame but A) it could be one day maybe? and B) simulation accuracy good

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)